SP - F1 Let's Speed Run This! (4th Day of Hunting/Gathering) (Completed)

ID: 15792

Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 19

After traveling a bit further down the road Calrex happened upon another three producing the same sap from before. Moving quickly he managed to gather enough into a small bottle, enough to count as another material as he added it to his inventory, "Alright, that makes 2. I'd best start looking for some ores that might be useful, since Rusty is a blacksmith."

ID: 15793

Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff+1) = 7

ID: 15794

Loot Dice: 5 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 8

After searching around it appeared that Calrex was unable to find anything else of real use in the immediate vicinity. He gave a sigh and proceeded further away from the Starting City as he continued looking around, "Ore, stone, metal...I wonder if there's a cave nearby I could search around inside."

Total: 2

Danger Level: 1/3

As Calrex continued searching for materials he remembered another order that he had yet to fullfill. Ariel had placed an order a while back for about 25 materials, which he was planning to get done but ended up forgetting with all of the recent events. He gave a sigh as he added her to his list mentally, "So...that means including Rusty's order I need to get 28 more materials. Alright...let's see if I can pull this off."

ID: 15795

Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 4 (Danger Level +1)

ID: 15796

Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 12

It looked like as he resumed his search Calrex was not having a good string of luck. No materials were found, and he was sure that there was another monster that had taken notice of him as he heard the sound of footsteps nearby. He gave a small sigh as he clenched his right hand into a fist, "Great, let's see if I can avoid further conflict for now. If it does happen I hope it doesn't turn into a waste of time for only a single material."

ID: 15797

Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 18

After some more time looking around Calrex happened upon a cave, which within seemed to be filled with various types of precious metals and ores. He gave a sigh of relief, "Maybe I can finally get some luck getting materials here. The fields have certainly been scarce since earlier today. I guess the materials haven't respawned just yet."

As he began looking around he found a shining blue stone, which he promptly picked up, finding it suitable as he added it to his inventory, "Alright, another one down. I guess the game wants to drag this out..."

Total: 3

Danger Level: 2/3

ID: 15798

ID: 15799

Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 14

ID: 15800

Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 12

There were some possible materials as Calrex continued searching through the cave, but upon each inspection each of the stones he recovered turned out to be useless. There were some traces of iron and other types of ore within them, but not enough to be deemed useable. He gave a small sigh as he crossed his arms, "There's gotta be some useful ores in here somewhere. I hope I'm not going to have to start actually mining to get something."

Total: 3

ID: 15801

Loot Dice: 5 (Search and Detect +1 / Temp Buff +1) = 8

As Calrex got close to a large chunk of what appeared to be a useful ore he gave a sigh as he closed his hands into a fist, "Alright, I'll need to break this thing down to get some pieces. Let's see if this works..."

The aura chains formed around his arm as he thrust it forward, but as his fist impacted against the rock it immediately dissipated into shards of crystals. He gave a sigh as he watched the pieces fade out of existence, "I guess not."

With that he began to continue looking around for possibly any other smaller materials.

ID: 15802

Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +1 / Temp Buff +1) = 23

After some more searching around Calrex stumbled upon what looked to be a couple of pieces of a dark color ore, "Huh, this might prove useful." He reached down and picked it up, inspecting it as he added it to his inventory, "Alright, another one down. Slowly but surely I'm getting there..."

ID: 15803

Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect +1 / Temp Buff +1) = 13

Unfortunately it appeared that within the immediate area of the mine there were no more ores to be found. Calrex put a hand behind his head as he gave a sigh, "Alright, I'd best keep moving then. Hopefully there might be more further inside."

Total: 4

ID: 15858

Loot Dice: 2 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 5

ID: 15859

Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 13

As he searched further inside the cave there were a couple of stones he thought were suitable for materials, but once again they were contaminated with veins of plain gravel and scale. He gave a sigh as he tossed them to the side, looking around, "There's gotta be something of use in here. It's supposed to be a mine, meaning ores should spawn in this area..."

ID: 15860

Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 22

After a little bit of digging Calrex found a piece of a bright red stone, digging it up. It was big enough to fit in the palm of his hand, a decent size for a material. He quickly added it to his inventory with a sigh of relief, "Alright, one more down. That fills Rusty's order. Now for Ariel's."

Total: 5

After exiting the mine Calrex began to search around for materials that would possibly be suitable for a tailor, "Let's see, some type of cotton substitute or even things used to make leather and such would probably be useful for Ariel's profession. Alright, let's see what I can find..."

ID: 16035

As he first began to search it didn't seem like there were any plants particularly useful for making clothing. As he parted more and more bushes to the side Calrex gave a small sigh as he came out into a clearing, "Nothing so far...hm?"

As he looked around he saw small bits of what looked like string floating through the air, "Wait...where are these coming from?"

ID: 16036

Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 22

As Calrex traced the location of the threads he happened upon a strange plant that seemed to be producing them. As he gave it a tap a lengthened version of the short threads seemed to be produced, "Huh, a string-making plant. Never would have guessed that. This oughta be useful for Ariel."

He gave a quick chop with his hand to the plant's stem to detach it as he added it to his inventory, "Alright one down."

ID: 16037

Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 14

After doing more searching around Calrex happened upon another plant, but this one when he tried to detach it suddenly decided to expel all of the string contained within in a single burst before vanishing into crystals. Calrex gave a sigh as he dusted some of the string off of his shoulders, "Well, that didn't work out as planned. Best keep looking around."

Total: 6

ID: 16825
Loot Dice: 6 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 9

ID: 16826
Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 7

ID: 16827
Loot Dice: 2 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 5

Unfortunately, it seemed like the area Calrex was searching had become barren of materials. He gave a sigh as he got to his feet, crossing his arms as he looked around, "Well, this area seems to have been picked clean. I guess I'll need to keep heading further out in order to find anything. Let's see if I can get at least half or something before the day is over. I guess I really need to start planning out these orders better and stop taking them on the fly."

He gave a small sigh, "It's too bad there's no official profession for this. In any case let's see what I can find."

Total: 6

ID: 17460
Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 11

As Calrex continued along he thought he had found another useful material. It was a plant that appeared to resemble a cotton plant, but as he inspected it further the wind picked up, sending the white puff balls on the plant flying into the air. He gave a small sigh as he got to his feet, "Well, guess I'll never know if that one would be useful or not. I wonder if there's another one around."

ID: 17461
Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 19

ID: 17462
Loot Dice: 12 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 15

To his luck there were two more plants similar to the one he had just seen. As he inspected them further it turned out those white puff balls were soft and cloth-like. "I'm sure Ariel could make good use of these." He quickly plucked both plants and added them to his inventory, getting to his feet, "Alright, let's see what else I can find."

Total: 8

ID: 17662

Loot Dice: 17 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 20

After finding the two cotton-like plants Calrex came across a third as doing some more searching around, adding the item to his inventory, "These seem to be fairly plentiful in this area. I'll need to make note of this area, that way I can come back when they respawn."

ID: 17663

Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 14

ID: 17664

Loot Dice: 5 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 8

After a few more minutes of looking around there appeared to be no more plants in the area to be scavenged. Calrex gave an affirming nod after giving another glance around, "Alright, looks like this are is picked clean for now. I'll need to head on to the next area then. Hopefully these don't just grow in this area."

Total: 9

ID: 18209

Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2 / Item Buff +1) = 6

After moving on to another field in order to search and materials Calrex began scanning around for anything useful. It looked like from the start this area was going to be difficult, as there was nothing he could see that might be useful. He gave a small sigh as he put a hand behind his head, "I think I'll try and find one more material before I decide to head back and call it a day. It doesn't look like there's any more materials I'll be able to procure before nightfall. I think I might need to break Ariel's order up into groups, so 10 this time, maybe 12 on another and 13 on the third, or something to that effect. 35 in one day would probably require me to have significantly better stats beforehand."

ID: 18210

Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2 / Item Buff +1) = 21

Immediately after setting up his plan Calrex came across the tenth material he was looking for, another cotton plant like the ones in the previous area, "Alright that makes ten. I'll do a quick once over and see if I missed anything, then head back."

ID: 18211

Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +2 / Item Buff +1) = 7

As he suspected the rest of the area was clear of any other useful materials as Calrex gave an affirming nod, "Alright then, I'll head back and drop these off, then call it a day. Still, a much better haul than the last few times. That fish I procured from Reu was really helpful."

Total: 10

Danger Level:

Calrex: 2/3

After returning back to the Starting City Calrex immediately stopped by the fourth floor, dropping off the materials he had procured for Ariel's order before giving a sigh, "Alright, that's done. Looks like things are starting to get late, so I'd best make my way back to Teayre's shop. I'm not too weary, but I'd prefer to not have to leave the settlements at night, at least until I'm much stronger."

Topic Completed

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • 1 Page Complete (400 col)
  • All Materials Gained in This Thread Have Been Donated to Shops
  • Monster Loot
    • 165 col (Mob Health 33 * 5 / Post #9)