[PP:F1] Absolute Pin Guild Initiation: Kotori

“Are you sure about this one?†Anna said as she looked at the profile. “I mean I’ve met the girl and I just don’t think she can cut it…â€

Azazel sat in her favorite place, at her favorite table, with her favorite little redhead, drinking beer and discussing guild business. They had gone back and forth on this one, but in the end it was already decided.

“I want to trust your judgment, you know what you’re doing, but maybe we should’ve discussed this one a little more.â€

The pair of women waited on their newest guild inductee, Kotori. Anna looked up at the clock. There was still a little time before the girl was supposed to be there. She tapped the square on the table thinking long and hard about things. “I think we’ll go ahead with what we discussed. I’ll leave it up to you since you know best…†She sighed. It was a tough call but if Teayre was confident, then Azazel would resign to complete the task assigned. 

Sat across from Azazel Teayre sighs this was the tenth time Zaz had asked her this and her reply was always the same. “She does have a certain gift to making people like her, we could use that on the merchant front of the guild at the very least.†Drumming her fingers on the table she slams her hand down, taking a sip of her sweet rose wine.

Meeting Zaz’s eyes Teayre looks at the older woman, “I know what you mean there’s something about her. She seems to lack… She seems to lack some spunk. I reckon if we back her into a corner and she shows us that she can fight then, then that’ll be the way to go.â€

Leaning back in her chair Teayre smacks her lips together as she begins to fuss the eagle who sat on the bench next to her. “The question now is how do we back her into the corner? If one of us attacked her that certainly would do it, we don’t want to kill her so for safety it might be better if you did that. Or we ‘lose’ her in a dungeon on this floor. Unless you can think of another way?" Falling silent Teayre finishes her wine tossing the glass over her shoulder as she stands.

Kotori stood in front of the building she was supposed to visit. Early in the week she had signed up to join a new guild she had heard from chatter all over the floor and was told by message to meet at this specific location. Oddly, it looked somewhat familiar as if she had visited this place before. She couldn't place when she had actually been inside it, but she was sure that she had been to this area before. Ignoring the weird sense of déjà vu she was experiencing, she entered the building and stepped inside. At first she had no idea where the person she was supposed to meet was sitting, but once she looked around she found the faces of two players she knew well. Kotori walked towards Teayre and Azazel with a smile on her face and sat down right next to the red-haired girl. ". Hey Teayre! Also, long time no see Azazel. I'm actually a bit surprised that both of you are in this guild. I'm pretty sure I'm late, its pass noon right? Sorry about that, I got a bit lost. There were so many players on this floor."

“I have an idea.†Anna said with a smile. “But I’m going to need you as a witness in case things don’t go to plan and she ends up...†She took up another mug of beer and downed it. She meant to finish that sentence, but the young girl showed up before the women could conclude their business.

“You’re actually right on time my small friend, so don’t trouble yourself about it,†Azazel said with a smirk.

“Why don’t we get down to business,†she unrolled the parchment in front of her and scanned it quickly. “You know that the primary objective of Absolute Pin is to go out to the front lines and help clear the game correct? Is this something you feel absolutely ready for? Or did your interest lie in helping the guild shops …†Her questioning was leading because she hoped the girl would give her the answer she wanted her to give.

If she didn’t …

that would be a problem with a difficult solution. 

Smirking Teayre gave a small chuckle as she watched Azazel down yet another mug of beer, it must have been her fifteenth or sixteenth one she had tried to keep count but they came and went so quickly.

“The reason we ask Kotori is we need to work out where you would be best suited for and also position you would like. You will still be tested for all but for now, what’s your personal preference on what you hope to achieve within the guild? I for example want to kill things who hurt those close to me. Thus I have been put in charge of offensive strategies, Calrex on the other hand wants to protect things close to him and is in charge of the defensive strategies. In short Cal controls our tanks whilst I control our dps. You a tank, dps or non-combatant or a mixture?â€

Leaning forwards Teayre places her hands on the table interlocking her fingers together smiling at the girl. “Remember I’ve seen you fight before.†A thin smile coming to her lips as she flicks her eyes between the couple she was with. "And for christ's sake sit down already."

Kotori let out a sigh as relief, happy to know that she had indeed gotten there on time. She took the seat in front of the two girls, almost shivering because of her anxiety to start the initiation. Today, she needed to be able to prove that she was actually capable to the two people in this booth. Azazel started off by reading from a parchment in her possession. Was the brunette aware of Absolute Pin's main goal and if so, did she think she was ready for it. Kotori was about to give a reply when Teayre decided to explain in simplicity was the older woman was trying to say. She understood perfectly was they were talking about and there wasn't any doubt to what type of player she would be. "I would definitely be a straight-up attacker, I just don't want to sit around and do nothing. If I'm going to die, I'm going to at least have it on my terms." The girl exclaimed with confidence in her voice.

“A straight up attacker eh? Kotori, I can see you’ve grown a bit since then but remember your very first attack I saw against what you thought was a Little Nepent? I hate to say it, but I don’t think you have what it takes… Tell me exactly why you think you should be part of the assault team, I’ve got an idea where you lie in terms of scale with the Azure Brigade we want to replace them. No that’s wrong we want to surpass them, surpass all the guilds so far and clear this damn game.†As she finished talking Teayre banged her fist on the table loudly, her eyes flaring as her gaze pierces into Kotori as she measures the girl.

“Come the pair of you.† Standing her cloak whipping as she heads out of the tavern they were in walking at a brisk pace the small red head sighs it was going to be tough but by all means she was going to do it. As she exited the city Teayre moved quickly over to a quiet area on the edge of some woods where some trees had fallen over, ducking underneath these fallen trees the girl waits by a cave.

Kotori’s answer pleased Anna none because that was not the answer she wanted the girl to give.  Zaz shot a rather meticulous glare at the little red by her side. “I see you’re still on about that-†She started feeling her eyebrow twitch as she turned to look at the adorable girl. There was no chance of finishing her sentence as the girl’s words also seemed to anger the guild’s Knight, the one in charge of their offence.  She told the young girl that she was no front linemen and Anna relaxed back into her seat with a smirk on her face. Tea bid them to come so Zaz got up and quietly followed behind. They left the pub, and the safety of the city, and even further until they came to the edge of a wooded area where trees had fallen. She had no idea what Little Red was thinking, but whatever it was, it was sure to be entertaining.

Kotori's eyes dimmed and her smile faded as Teayre began to speak. The red-head was being completely blunt about how ready she was to be a front liner and a offensive player in general. Already the girl could think of a counter-arguments about the first few sentences of the player's speech, although she wasn't the one making the decision. The two people in front of her were. "It was a surprise attack and I landed a hit right after that." The girl argued in her mind. In the both of their eyes, she was weak and frail. It was in fact the opposite. Kotori didn't flinch when the girl banged on the table and she glared right back at her when she looked fiercely at the brunette. She followed the Teayre silently as the player led her and Azazel away from the pub.

Noticing Kotori’s resolve from her aggressive behaviour Teayre smirks to herself as she enters the cave that she’d been to before this guild with Azazel. Slipping round the first corner Teayre draws the Oikawa Kanashiki the light in the cave dimming slightly but not enough for them to not be able to see.

â€œIn here is a small dungeon, we’ll be clearing it. You wanted to deal damage right? I’m going to tank so I’m not going to use my katana instead I’m going to be using a basic straight sword. It’s up to you guys to kill things.†Smirking Teayre dismissed her katana into her inventory as she pulled up the straight sword she’d picked up from the npc merchants before meeting up with Azazel.

“Kotori, I don’t underestimate you as a person or a fighter. There’s something you’re missing, something you need to survive on the front lines. Remember I’m not your friend at this moment in time, I’m your superior in the guild you applied to. I’m on the council I have to make sure everyone is up to scratch.â€

(OOC Put stats and equipment into this bit so we don't miss anything)

Teayre's Stats & Equipment for this Thread:

HP: 59/59 / 8DMG / 3 EVA / +1 MIT / +2 ACC / +1 LM

Oikawa Kanashiki (+2 DMG / +1 Bleed)

Red Knight's Cloak (+2 EVA / +1 LM)

Beleram's Last Wish ( +2 ACC)

Katana Rank 4

Sprint & Acrobatics (+1 EVA)

Athletics (+5 HP / + 1 DMG)

Concentration (+1 to BD / 5 post CD)

Charge Rank 1

Survival (+5 HP)

Light Armour Rank 1

Anna really wasn’t sure where Teayre was coming from. Was she expecting her to be on the offensive with Kotori? If that was the case, then Tea was out of her damned mind! The point was to teach Kotori how severely lacking in everything she was and have the young girl get her head out of the clouds, it wasn’t to make Anna work with those she didn’t want to work with. That wasn’t ever going to happen.

They reached the cave and Teayre called for a skills/equipment rolecall. “Umm…yeah. That’s was putting it a bit too nicely,†Anna clicked her tongue and sighed rather ticked off a Tea for putting it liked that. Truth was Anna had zero faith in Kotori’s abilities. She didn’t have to see her fight to see that she lacked the character necessary to be an offensive fighter. Maybe one day when the girl stopped being naive and grew a pair, but that day was not today.

“I’m not the one being evaluated and you know what I have," she growled at Teayre before turning her sights back on little Kotori. "So why don’t you just post up what you’ve got so we can get this show on the road,†Anna said rather hostilely. 

"I do a bit more damage than usual, so my only problem would be accuracy..." Kotori mumbled, thinking about her stats and how they would affect what will happen inside the cave. She wasn't weak statwise, but she wasn't strong either. Still, she would need to try her best while she was in there and maybe prove that she could be worthy of the guild.

This thought was eradicated from her head as Teayre decided to add in something extra. It was about her being a different person at this moment. The girl understood what she meant by that, her job was to judge Kotori and her worth. It seemed Azazel didn't approve of her words, it showed in her gestures and facial expressions. The brunette couldn't just put her finger on why she was so hostile and unwilling to be in this. Maybe she'd find out later, right now they were about to begin their venture into the dungeon.

HP: 23
DMG: 3
Feral Bite (+1 DMG)
One-Handed Dagger - Novice (+1 DMG)
Search & Detect - Novice (+1 LD)

• 2 weeks later...

“You’re right Zaz, I do know what you have. Then why don’t you show Kotori here exactly how it’s done. Show her what’s expected within Absolute Pin. Show her everything she needs to be.†Teayre didn’t even bat her eyelids at the smaller brunette’s hostility instead her voice was short and curt demanding the authority she deserved as one of the council members of the guild.  Turning her head Teayre glances behind her at both Azazel and Kotori.

Snapping her head back to the front she utters a single word before dashing into the dungeon the one handed sword out to one side, Teayre jumps through a trap the top blade whipping past her back as the other blade slides under her. Neatly rolling the girl brings herself up standing as she turns back and smiles. “The true test will start when we get to the boss of this dungeon.â€

Zaz grit her teeth as Teayre very calmly told Anna exactly what to do. The woman was beyond pissed. She stared the younger girl straight in the eye and stayed that way for a long while. She did not take to intimidation tactics, but she was not about to fight Teayre.

“Fiiiiine,†she growled through her locked jaw. She opened up her panel and threw up her information for Teayre.

Gear:

Bishop’s Seduction +2 EVA/ +1 Savvy

Rapier

Skills:

One-Handed Rapier  1 (+1 DMG)

Athletics (+5HP +1 DMG)

Light Armor (+1 MIT)

“Happy now?†Anna said as she turned around and started heading toward the cave.

As she passed Kotori she glared at the young girl,†Don’t censored this up;  I’m not saving your sorry censored. You can go off and die for all I give a censored.†She continued moving as she pulled her rapier.

“ Let’s get this censored show on the road!â€

Kotori stood still for moments. That was the final straw to set her off which was something that rarely ever happened although when she did go out on a full-out rage, it wasn't good for Kotori nor the receiver. First, the tell-tale sign of anger which started with an eye twitch and than her fingers curling tightly onto the dagger by her side. Step. She dashed at the older woman before spinning herself to face her. "HOW ABOUT YOU STAY QUIET YOU DRUNK PIECE OF S***! I MAY LOOK LIKE A WUSS, BUT I STING LIKE A B****! THERE'S A F****** REASON WHY I WANTED TO BECOME A DAMAGE DEALER AND THAT'S TO MAKE PEOPLE LIKE YOU F*** OFF!" The girl yelled before storming off towards the directions of all the mobs. She knew that she couldn't attack Azazel, but she could at least take it out on any mobs she would encounter. At this moment, the brunette was so livid that she just wanted to kill anyone in a mile radius.

Anna was fuming. She needed to blow of some steam by doing exactly what Teayre said, by showing little miss crybaby exactly what it looked like to not suck. The woman was about to walk into the cave but she was cut off before she could. The younger girl came around in front of Azazel and immediately began her little rant.

"HOW ABOUT YOU STAY QUIET YOU DRUNK PIECE OF S***! I MAY LOOK LIKE A WUSS, BUT I STING LIKE A B****! THERE'S A F****** REASON WHY I WANTED TO BECOME A DAMAGE DEALER AND THAT'S TO MAKE PEOPLE LIKE YOU F*** OFF!

A wide grin drew across Anna’s face as the woman began to speak.

“You mean you whine like a little censored! That’s all I’ve seen you do from the censored second I laid eyes on you. You’re pathetic! The only damage you could ever do is to everyone else. They’d be too busy trying to make sure a stupid little censored like you didn’t censored die on them because you’re too censored useless to do anything yourself. You’ll get them all censored killed in the process! Now get the censored out of my censored way before I censored show you what happens when stupid censored useless censored like you get in my censored face. Better censored  yet, why don’t you censored come at me when you’re a few levels higher and I’ll bloody censored kill you my God damn self!â€

At this, Azazel turned around and walked back toward Teayre.

“You know what? censored THIS! I DON’T censored NEED THIS censored!!!†She pulled the bishop from her pocket and tossed it to Teayre. “Give that back to her censored highness. I’m so censored over this censored! I’m not about to die for some dumb censored like Kotori over there and I’m certainly not going to serve someone who creates a counsel but acts like she’s the only one running the censored show! I’m so out of here!â€

Anna began to walk off, her weapon still drawn and held tightly in her fist. She was angry, but she was glad it went this way. She’d had bad feelings about joining up with the guild and now she had reason to walk away from it and everyone else involved. They could all play servant to the corrupt queen all they want; Anna had not drunk enough of the Koolaid for that censored. As she wandered off she opened her contact list and scrolled to the bottom. There was the option to delete the entire contact list; Azazel clicked yes, closed it out and took off as quickly as she could.

Anna exits stage left. 

Teayre watched quietly smirking to herself as Kotori lashed out at Zaz, watching a glimmer in her eye as the girl stalked off she turned round to Zaz watching the brunette carefully as she began cussing about the various things. The red heads hand was a blur as she caught the bishop piece that Azazel threw to her. A small sigh escaping her lips as Zaz stalked off Teayre called after her just before she got out of earshot, “Zaz, thank you I hope I’ll see you around and good luck.†Shaking her head she turned round to see that Kotori had disappeared.

“Really? What am I going to do…†Swapping her longsword out for a katana now, she set a foot into the ground for activating her <Sprint> skill and catching up with Kotori. Placing a hand on her shoulder the small girl held a small white square out to her. “Now back that gusto up and show me you can control it. Our first mob is here." Setting her foot back and drawing her katana Teayre looks carefully at the hulking form of the creature in front of them, it had an elongated face that sloped down towards the floor as it hunched over dragging a heavy club behind it. "Ko, go for it it looks slow so I'll hit it after you and it should attack when I go in. all right?"

"They must've planned.. This was all just a test. I'll show her." Kotori thought as Teayre seemed unaffected by the events that just transpired. It was simply really, all she had to was destroy the mob that was in front of them and make sure to kill it quickly. It would be much easier with the removal of Azazel who was so close to making Kotori attack her without any second thought. She didn't understand what she could do at all, the brunette was severely underestimated in terms of fighting ability as most of the time she held back. Now it was time to do the complete opposite of how she has fought in front of all her "friends" in Aincrad and show them. Show them her skill. She grabbed the square and went on to fight the monster ahead of them.

ID: 18937

BD: 7 (5 + 2 ACC)

MD: 1 (3 – 3 EVA)

The white square clattered to the floor as Kotori ignored Teayre, sighing the red head kept her gaze focused on the boar as she smacked the floor with her foot flying towards it. The club moved faster than she was expecting and she fell to the floor sliding beneath the hulking creature’s legs. Slicing the inside of one Teayre rolls and stands up on the other side. “Kotori go. Once this guy is dead I’ll talk to you about what has just happened.â€

Her eyes watched the mob closely as a roar sounded behind her, quickly twisting her body and head she found no sign of any more creatures coming before she returned to face the beast. Her chest was moving up and down rapidly as a tear began to form in her eye.

Kotori: 23/23

Teayre: 59/59

Mutated Kobold: 24/32 8 DMG

Kotori nodded at the red-haired girl as she went in for the attack. Extending her right arm so that her dagger was held straight out at the Kobold, she dashed in at the mutant and slashed at it with extreme prejudice. A red pixelated line appeared where her attack landed and the girl backed up towards her now lone companion. "I managed to get a critical, switch!" she yelled before assuming a defensive position in case the monster decided to get revenge upon her for the attack she had landed.

Kotori: 23/23

Teayre: 59/59

Mutated Kobold: 20/32 [-4 DMG]

ID: 19223

BD: 9 (Base 3DMG + 1Crit = 4DMG)