SP - F6 Glacial Memories (Complete)

"It's been a while since I came here..."

Calrex gave a sigh as he appeared on the 6th floor in the Amazon Settlement, outfitted in his casual combat clothing. However, unlike his usual demeanor, he seemed to have an actually serious face, like something was on his mind. Promptly after appearing he began to make his way through the streets of the settlement he quickly arrived at the exit gate, heading out towards the forest line. As he walked he gave a quick glance at the place where he had fought <<Gemini>>, the one he thought had helped to prepare his mind against his demons when he took on the <<Calming the Soul>> quest.

"Back then...things seemed simpler, like I knew exactly what I was doing, what I was getting myself into. Now...with all that I've experienced, all the happiness, the sorrow...the confusion...and with Teayre and I getting set to be married and becoming members of Ariel's guild...I guess I can't seem to clear my head like I usually can..."

He donned the Grand Chariot as he used his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly maneuver his way through the forest, bypassing all of the creatures inside, including the spiders he had always feared encountering. As he weaved his way through the trees he moved as if he already knew the exact location of where he wanted to go. After some time traveling he emerged from the tree line. With that he gave a sigh as he stopped.

In front of him was a grand waterfall with many flat stone platforms floating in the pool in front of it. Calrex gave a sigh of relief. He knew exactly where it was. He was back at the Waterfall of the Sage.

"Time to pay my demons a visit once more..."

Calrex stepped onto the closest floating rock he saw as he switched out of his Grand Chariot armor once again, his face becoming revealed as he slowly made his way from rock to rock, reaching the one a few paces away from the actual cascade of water. He stared at it for some time, seeing his reflection in the wall of clear liquid as he gave a sigh. He looked pretty much the same as he did when he first came here facially. The only difference from them and now was his equipment. His clothing seemed like an upgrade from his beginners clothing, and now he had a pair of deep-sea blue gauntlets on his arms with a new sword on the back of his hip. When he first came there it was just the Anneal Blade that he had obtained from the <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> quest with Oikawa and Teayre.

"The last time I came here I had to meditate in order for him to manifest."

He remembered what he saw that time. The way his cold persona manifested in his fight against the golem in <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>, and his feared vision of the future, when all of the people he cared about would die, as well as himself. He closed his eyes as he gave a calming breath.

"Things are different now...things I know now...and the things from even before this game..."

He sat down in a cross legged position as he closed his eyes beginning to breath slowly as he meditated.

"For all I know this might not work. It was specifically designed for the quest, but maybe its effects may still work..."

As he sat there the reflection of him in the water began to shift. At the same time Calrex's closed eyes began to wince as new memories began to flow through his mind.

It was another sequence of memories that almost felt like he was reliving them. Some of them were happy, many of them times when he was with his friends or around Teayre as they went on adventures. But other were less joyful, some of them memories of his past from before SAO.

"I guess I did say I lived a 'normal' life, and I'm sure some of these things are probably common to people. But...why are they still haunting me till now..."

His life with his parents before flashed by until he got to college. Back then he was for the most part cheerful, not putting on faces like he did now. He had good friends back then as well.

"Those were good times back then...I used to wish they would never end, but sadly all good things seem to do so anyway..."

He did become a couple with someone back then, and initially it seemed like they were a happy couple. But, as he began to remember, things weren't all sunshines and rainbows. Behind closed doors a few months in she never seemed to be truly happy. All of those happy times with others seemed just a facade. He had tried to reach out to her, but it seemed like every time she merely treated him like a ghost, like he didn't exist. There were even times when she lashed out, as if to blame him for something either insignificant or unrelated to him.

"I guess things were hunky dory before she started having problems come her way. In the end I kind of just became a convenient target for her to take her aggression out on...I probably should have left when she first started doing that, but back then since she was the first...I felt like if I didn't try giving it my all to make it work...I wouldn't find another..."

A slap on the face here, a punch in the gut there. He gave a depressing sigh as he felt some of the pain return. Since he felt she was the only one he could possibly be with, he tried his best and gave her everything to make the relationship work. But he found out later on that seemed to be a common pattern for her, even with the relationships before him. Apparently she seemed to get some kind of sick kick out of beating guys down, being in a relationship with one just seemed a convenient way of going about it.

"I should've gotten mad, maybe retaliated from all of it...but I guess I felt like I deserved it, for falling into that trap. I guess I felt that someone like her was the only person I could possibly end up with..."

He felt as the memories progressed his breath began shallow, like the cold persona, "Maybe...that was when it began to form, to help me cope with it all..."

As Calrex continued to relive his memories the reflection of him in the waterfall's cascade began to contort, becoming clad in black clothing. It's face put on am evil smirk as its eyes shifted down to stare at him, the pupils now red and glowing. It was easy to tell it was stronger than before, and growing.

_______
"After that I figured I was done with love, with girls, with all of that nonsense. I thought that if being in a relationship was only going to hurt, there was no point in it. It was about six months after that when i met her."

Calrex gave another eerily chilling breath as he continued. It was another girl, but Calrex didn't look on her with fondness, just indifference.

"I guess I really was fooled by first impressions. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

As he remembered just like before the first few months were fun, it seemed like the pain of the last girl was but a faint memory compared to then. She helped to take down his shield, taught him many things about relationships, some more embarrassing than others.

"But...In the end that one was doomed from the start. She began going on long trips all of a sudden...I should have known. I knew but didn't want to recognize it. It was around that time she decided to tell me about all the others...at least i had the guts to walk out then..."

As the memory played in his mind he missed note that when he spoke back then, the same icy breath as now was the same.

"No...that's not right. I didn't walk out on her...I just shut down. She was the one that ended up getting bored and leaving..."

"I guess I forgot, even with all the amazing people out there in the world, there's always will be some that just want to chew you up and spit you out. I guess around then was when i began to really concentrate on responding and reacting, and being able to determine what would be the best response. I was tired of putting myself out there, because it seemed like my heart was tainted bait..."

As he thought those last words the figure in front of him began to emerge from the waterfall.

"Well, welcome back Calrex. It's been some time since I last saw you."

As he heard his own voice speaking to him Calrex slowly opened his eyes as he looked up. It was his perceived "demon," the darker side of himself. He gave a small sigh as he got to his feet, standing to face his self face to face, "So it wasn't just a gimmick for the quest. This place really does keep that effect going."

"Well, I can't speak for the others, but it seems like there's a reason you're back. Seems like Mr. I Don't Need to Face My Demons Anymore had need of me after all."

Calrex gave a small sigh as he put his hands in his pockets, "Not sure why I decided to come back. I just...couldn't focus like I could."

"Well there's no surprise there. I'm actually genuinely surprised this didn't turn up the last time you were here."

"The past?"

"Bingo! The last time all I was able to see was your fear of that other side of you. With that I couldn't really do much could I? Buuut, now we really know where that darkness in you heart resides."

"You can spare me the romanticized stuff. I saw the memories..."

Calrex's arms tightened as he clenched his hands into fists.

"No...I can't simply close up. I need to do this...I need to understand more..."

"Oh of course, the memories! Had a couple of pieces of work for girlfriends back then didn't you?"

"I thought that kind of thing was given. Everyone has problems in a relationship...but it reall..."

"Don't justify their actions Calrex, spare me your attempts at spinning this to make it fair. Those girls needed to take a long walk off a short cliff and you know it."

"..."

"Well, at least you're more open to listening than last time. Well then, since you did most of the talking last time, let me enlighten you this time. My AI was designed by the creators of this game because they knew people were going to be stuck in this game, buuut, if they didn't insert something to help give them some therapy the players would just go on trying to kill each other. I'm here to help you grow."

"...I'm listening..."

"Ah pup pup, it doesn't come that easily. I AM still a creature, a monster that you need to fight. You don't get this for free..."

With that Dark Calrex began to casually step a few feet away before turning, drawing a blade. As Calrex looked at it the sword appeared to be a red and black replica of the Anneal Blade. Upon seeing it he donned the Grand Chariot armor, slamming his fists together, "I know. I need to fight to find these answers you are going to give."

ID: 15904

Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +1) = 11 (Damage +2)

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

As Calrex rushed forward the light blue aura chain spiraled around his arms as he unleashed a barrage of punches at Dark Calrex, watching as each strike struck true. Dark Calrex was knocked around left and right as the attacks connected with each part of his body, but something seemed off. As Calrex brought his arm back for his finishing strike Dark Calrex suddenly snapped his head forward as he thrust his sword forward. As Calrex's fist connected with Dark Calrex's face the sword slide, grazing the side of Calrex's throat.

The light graze activated the Thorns property of the Grand Chariot armor, the light blue chains forming around Calrex's neck before they shattered, sending a series of shards at Dark Calrex. The two fighters leapt back, but suddenly Dark Calrex burst forward to Calrex's surprise as he began to move swiftly, striking at him from let and right. Calrex countered by using his fists and forearms to deflect the strikes back and to the side.

"First question Calrex, why do you think you fell for both of these girls?"

"What?"

"What drew you to them in the first place?"

"Gh...well...they seemed nice, and they appeared to be genuinely interested in me."

"Aw that's sweet, but wrong."

"What are you going on about?"

"It was a trick question. The first one that may have been the case, but you were still reeling in the wake of the first one's failure when girl number two came along didn't you?"

"...maybe you're right..."

HP List

Calrex: 64/67 (+3 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Dark Calrex: 58/67 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 15907

Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +1) = 3

Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

"Question number two Calrex, you were with those girls for quite some time even after you found out the things you did. Why did you stick around? Why did you allow yourself to keep getting hurt?"

"Gh..."

As Calrx continued to deflect Dark Calrex's attacks all of a sudden he vanished. Calrex thrust his fist forward at the same time this happened, his eyes widening in surprise as Dark Calrex suddenly appeared behind him, his blade lighting up red. As Calrex turned he recognized the stance the clone had taken: The Swallow Return attack. As the three attacks slammed into him Calrex felt himself get thrown back to the bank.

"Gwah!"

He rolled along the ground for a good distance before the momentum was killed. He turned, getting back to his feet as Dark Calrex leapt and landed at the edge of the bank, his sword extended to the side, "Well...I'm waiting for an answer."

"It...gh...in a way it was some roundabout effort of me trying to make the relationship work. I thought if I let them do what they wanted...that they would be happy..."

"Ah...I see. So you let yourself be their doormat, hoping that you would get the slightly chance of kissing their feet. Am I right?"

"...sure..."

"...I can't really say he's wrong..."

"Good, we're making progress!"

Calrex raised his arms up, read to fight, but this time it seemed like the drive was beginning to leave him. His stance seemed less composed, weaker than before.

HP List

Calrex: 60/67 (+3 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Dark Calrex: 58/67

ID: 15909

Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +1) = 4

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

"Third question Calrex, why do you think you are the way you are now?"

"What are you talking about?"

"With all the pain you went through, most people probably would have snapped and left early, but you decided to stick around because you felt it would make them happy. They decided to respond by dragging you through the dirt. From what I know most people would not turn out the way you have. Why is that?"

"It's..."

As Calrex began to reply he felt the memories shoot through him quickly. In his mind it felt like he was buried in ice as the memories played against the surface. Each one reflecting one particular moment. After the first breakup, the shutdown of the second, his battle with the golem, and his solo attack on Avalanche.

"Uh-huh, it's that side of you that you have decided to dub your...'cold persona.'"

"Gh!"

Calrex stopped his movement as he felt a pain shoot through his chest. As he did he looked forward to see Dark Calrex already in front of him, dealing a series of swipes at him. The attacks were light, triggering his Thorns ability once again as the shards ripped through Dark Calrex further. Unflinchingly he gave a smirk, leaping back.

"You were damaged Calrex, whether you want to believe it or not. That side of you manifested as a way of you to help deal with the harshness of what's out there: people who will do the Exact...Same...Thing that those people did. It's like they say, not all scars are made physically. You know why you came here."

"Gh...to understand..."

"To understand is what you have rationalized yourself with to convince yourself into coming here. But your heart says something different: You believe that this world is falling apart. With all of the PKers running around doing whatever they please, you're afraid that you don't have the strength to defend Teayre from the horrors that this world seems to be brewing. BUT, there's something even worse inside you."

"What are you getting at?"

Before Calrex could finish his sentence Dark Calrex stood in front of him, the evil grin across his face, "You are afraid that the person you are giving all of your being to protect and keep safe and happy...will simply betray you in the end, just like those other girls. You are afraid that should that particular idea come to pass, that you won't have the strength to deal with it another time. That if she does so you will be broken."

"Teayre...there's no way she wo..."

"Come on, don't doubt me Calrex. I'm inside your head remember?"

As Dark Calrex spoke the terrain shifted once again, returning to the frozen tundra that they had fought before. As he did he continued speaking, "I know the darkest depths of your mind, because they're all here! Deep down, even if it's in some little crevasse tucked far away in the farthest reaches of your psyche, you fear that in the end, even as amazing you think she is, that she will simply leave you in the dirt."

As those words were uttered Calrex fell to his knees. Underneath his helmet his face was sweating bullets. His pupils were small as they twitched left and right. The Grand Chariot armor's weight felt heavy, confining to him as he gave a few breaths to try and calm himself.

"...But rest assured, I have good news, something to shed some light in this darkness! That cold persona of yours...is the strength you need!"

"W-Wha..."

"It's helped you survive this far? Why shouldn't it help you now? Think about it, you took down a medium sized golem with just your bare hands! With that kind of power what could possibly harm you?!"

"..."

"Well?"

"...you're right..."

Calrex gave a calming breath, but as his second exhale came it shifted, becoming the eerily shallow, chilling cold tone so familiar to him. Underneath his helmet his eyes began to dim as they focused on Dark Calrex, "...I was wondering...why I had such a curiosity with it...to shut out all my emotions and focus on the task at hand, no matter what harm may come to me..."

"Good, you've realized it. You know what you need to do...draw that sword. Strike me down!"

Queue Frozen Over (Mortal Danger Extreme) Trigger

Calrex reached back, grasping the hilt of the Grand Blade. As he did he felt all tension, stress, emotion, leave him in an instant. He was scared...but it was relieving at the same time.

"Analyzing...focus...Enemy is based off of self, most likely attack patterns are similar. Understood...Releasing Grand Blade..."

HP List

Calrex: 57/67 (+3 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Dark Calrex: 57/67 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 15928

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1) = 2

Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

As Calrex's breathing pattern became shallow, the eerie calm washing over him he remained silent and still for a second, the marker for his eyes through his helmet focused on Dark Calrex's position. Meanwhile Dark Calrex, still with the smirk on his face, walked back and forth, twirling his sword occasionally. After a few seconds Calrex rushed forward, the Grand Blade being drawn from its sheath as he moved forward. It was a move he had not used since he received the Grand Armament, the same move he used on Oikawa during their battle. It was his modified iaido aerial draw. He spiraled through the air as he drew his sword in a reverse grip. However, instead of doing a single slash he forced his body into another 360 as he delivered another slash.

While Dark Calrex was intimidated by the attack, Calrex was unable to plant his stance as he stumbled before rolling across the ground. After rolling he kicked to his feet, landing as he saw Dark Calrex rush in, unleashing a barrage of stabs at him. Keeping his blade in reverse Calrex appeared to not even flinch as he parried stab to the side. As he saw his attacks fly to the side Dark Calrex's smirk turned into a larger grin, "Good Calrex, very good. Unleash the full power of your cold persona!"

"..."

"...continuing measures to eliminate target."

HP List

Calrex: 57/67

Enemies:

Dark Calrex: 57/67

ID: 15929

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +1) = 5

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

As Calrex rushed in again he unleashed a barrage of X slashes as he ran forward. As he did Dark Calrex smirked as he flicked his sword into reverse, beginning to parry the blows left and right as he gave a small laugh. The blows slammed against each other before flying to the side each time, their attacks unable to exploit any openings that happened to appear. Even with the extreme attack style he was using Calrex's eery breathing remained slow and steady, his eyes focused and locked on the opponent in front of him.

"Oh Calrex, you're almost there. There's one thing your missing, the thing that your cold persona needs to be strong enough."

"..."

"You don't know? What is the thing that all players fear, PKer and regular player?"

As Dark Calrex spoke Calrex remained silent, his breathing slow and steady, the eery shallowness radiating throughout the frozen tundra.

"Death...every player fears death. You want the strength to protect everyone? To protect yourself?! Release that limit! Become a stone killer!"

As Dark Calrex gave a smile his appearance changed. His entire appearance became more feminine as all of a sudden he took an appearance from Calrex's memories: His first girlfriend. As he spoke her voice radiated with a cackle, "Now Calrex, do it! Kill me!"

HP List

Enemies:

Dark Calrex: 57/67

ID: 15930

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1) = 6

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

Queue Glacial Edge (Corrupted Cold Persona)

Almost immediately after Dark Calrex transformed and spoke Calrex was in front of him, his sword arm back as he delivered a diagonal cut across the creature's body. The image of his first girlfriend shifted back to Dark Calrex as he grunted from the hit before switching back to his usual laughter, "good...good...Very Good..."

"Continuing attack measures...target appears to use psychological tactics in order to shake solidity of offensive tactics...readying rushdown response..."

Calrex gave another chilling exhale before he rushed forward. Dark Calrex readied his blade, but as he thrust his sword forward Calrex slashed forward, the Grand Blade shining a light blue hue as the blow shattered the Anneal Blade copy into pieces. After doing so he unleashed a quick stab, cutting Dark Calrex in the cheek.

Dark Calrex leapt back as he took the blow, the grin still on his face, "So...he's just about broken that limit he set on himself. The cold persona, the thing that turns him into a mob killing machine. It's powerful, but useless if the person wishing him harm is an actual player...

...Just a little bit further and there will be nothing holding him back...

...from taking out anyone that gets in his way or tries to harm him...exactly as he desires..."

HP List

Enemies:

Dark Calrex: 49/67

ID: 15993

Calrex immediately continued his assault as he quickly closed the distance, unleashing a full force stab as his sword arm fully extended. It looked like it was going to hit before Dark Calrex leapt into the air, grabbing the blade with his hands as he did a handstand on it. Calrex quickly threw his attack sideways, forcing Dark Calrex to leap off, flipping through the air before landing. As he got to his feet he kept his grin as he assumed Calrex's fighting stance, his right arm in front by his hip while his left hand was close to his face. As he did his arms glowed a bright red as he activated what appeared to be a <<Martial Arts>> skill.

"Target has changed attack pattern. Now appears to be using hand-to-hand combat. Continuing rushdown tactics..."

Calrex gave another eerily calm breath as he rushed forward again. There was no longer any hesitation in his movements. Every step, every strike, every minute piece of his attack patterns were done with a single result in mind: The end of whatever target he was locked on.

HP List

Enemies:

Dark Calrex: 49/67

ID: 15934

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1)  = 6

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

As Calrex closed in once again on Dark Calrex he sent a series of slashes almost reminiscent of the Swallow Return attack, except more horizontal. Each slash missed the mark as Dark Calrex bobbed and weaved underneath before unleashing a powerful straight punch, nailing Calrex in the middle of the chest.

He had expected Calrex to at least flinch or wince from the blow, but Calrex didn't budge a single inch as his helmet shifted so that he was looking right at Dark Calrex. His free hand came up, grabbing tighter than he ever had before onto the wrist before he slowly raised it up, exposing that side as his sword arm came back. Dark Calrex's grin disappeared for a second as he leaned back, seeing the Grand Blade head straight for his ribs. He managed to get away with a glancing blow as he flipped back a few paces, looking down at the wound.

"On any other person outside of SAO that attack would have been an instant kill. A sword through the side would have pierced the lungs and the heart while destroying almost every rib..."

Before Dark Calrex could finish his analysis Calrex was already heading towards him again.

"Continuing assault..."

HP List

Calrex: 54/67 (+3 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Dark Calrex: 40/67 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 15935

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

As Calrex got close once again he used his <<Sprint>> ability, the skill kicking in right at the end so it almost appeared that he vanished for a second as he appeared in front of Dark Calrex. Dark Calrex's eyes widened as he raised his arms to guard, but as Calrex's strike came in he quickly adjusted it, going underneath his opponent's arms as he left a slash across his stomach. Dark Calrex leapt back once again, but as he tried to rush in he stumbled. The barrage of attacks Calrex was dishing out were wearing on his defenses.

"Gh...a cut across the stomach. Feel like its deep enough to actually cut through the stomach cavity if this were the real world. Calrex...your martial arts hobby took a dark turn when you researched the techniques and places to strike that would quickly end an opponent's life...didn't it..."

Calrex stood still as he straightened himself, his sword arm in front with the Grand Blade pointing towards the ground at a diagonal angle. His chilling calm breathing continued as it seemed to begin to resonate around him, echoing off the inside of the Grand Chariot armor.

"Gh...what...not even gonna talk?..."

"...utilize all abilities to destroy the target..."

HP List

Calrex: 51/67

Enemies:

Dark Calrex: 32/67

ID: 15936

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

"Destroy the target...interesting choice of words. Dehumanizing whatever it is you have decided to point your blade at..."

Calrex rushed in one again as Dark Calrex tried to move. However, at he kept his eyes focused on Calrex he felt his will falter, his body not wanting to move out of fear. He looked as Calrex got into striking range as he tried to unleash a straight kick. Calrex this time used his free arm to catch the kick as his sword arm slashed the inside of Dark Calrex's thigh, his sword now in a reverse grip as he delivered a series of light cuts along the length of Dark Calrex's leg.

"Gh, haha...now a trapping maneuver while you leave a series of cuts deep enough to sever tendons and possibly cut arteries. If you did this to someone they'd be bleeding out from their leg and could possibly die from the wounds without treatment....you really have broken that restriction...good..."

As Dark Calrex's grin returned to his face Calrex pointed his sword straight at the clone's face, his expressionless face not being betrayed by the stoic appearance of his helmet. He gave another chillingly calm breath as he prepared to strike again.

HP List

Enemies:

Dark Calrex: 24/67

ID: 15937

Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +1) = 7

As Calrex kept his sword pointed at Dark Calrex his opponent shifted his form once again, this time taking the form of his second girlfriend, "Calrex don't do this! Don't you remember all th..."

Before Dark Calrex could finish his statement Calrex's blade came down and left a diagonal slash across his chest as Calrex gave another chilling breath. As he finished the strike he regained his posture. A bit of his normal voice escaped through his lips, although his eyes remained dimmed. It was soft, like a faint whisper, "Don't you...dare bring her back...that voice...that face...that person almost ruined me for anyone after her..."

"So...she was the worse of the two?..."

"..."

Dark Calrex's question went unanswered as Calrex's chillingly calm breathing returned as he raised his sword at the ready one again.

HP List

Enemies:

Dark Calrex: 16/67

ID: 15938

Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +1) = 11 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +1) = 5 (Thorns Activation)

Dark Calrex struggled to get to his feet as he gave another laugh, throwing his fist forward. This time Calrex's didn't even bother to block the attack as the fist lightly touched his armor. His Grand Chariot armor's Thorn ability activated once again, this time even fiercer than before. The chain's barely had time to form before bursting into shards and pelting Dark Calrex with more damage. The force of the impact sent him onto his back as he continued to laugh.

Calrex didn't rush in this time, merely walking at a casual pace as he flipped his sword into a reverse grip. As Dark Calrex tried to get to his feet he turned his body to the side. Calrex stepped to his side as he casually kicked Dark Calrex's shoulder back to the ground. Immediately after doing so he thrust his Grand Blade down into Dark Calrex's gut, pinning him to the ground with the sword.

HP List

Enemies:

Dark Calrex: 5/67

ID: 15941

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1) = 2

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

Calrex stepped back, leaving his sword impaled through Dark Calrex as he gave a few more chillingly calm breaths. It was something different than his previous times he activated his cold persona. This time he didn't need to keep hold of the Grand Blade to keep it going. The cold persona had fully manifested, and with Dark Calrex's persuasion, it seemed that now it was capable of ending a person's life, whether it be a monster or a player.

Dark Calrex gave a strained laugh as he reached the hilt of the Grand Blade, grasping it as he extracted it from himself before he strained to get himself to his feet, "Heh...you...still...didn't...answer...the...question..."

Calrex remained still as Dark Calrex walked over to him. The clone strained as it raised the Grand Blade with both hands, swinging for Calrex's neck. The attack hit light as the Thorns ability of the Grand Chariot activated once again, blasting Dark Calrex onto his back. Calrex didn't flinch a single bit, even with the blade heading towards his neck.

HP List

Calrex: 48/67 (+3 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Dark Calrex: 4/67 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 15942

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (Damage +2)

Dark Calrex got to his feet again, laughing the whole entire time as he rushed at Calrex. He was too weak now to attempt a slash, so this time he went in for a stab to Calrex's gut. He gave a battle cry as he put all of his strength behind the blow. The sound of metal on metal could be heard as his strike hit true. He looked in surprise as Calrex didn't move a single inch as the Grand Blade not only entered through his stomach, but also exited out his back. Dark Calrex's sadistic appearance vanished from his face as he looked at the unmoving lights indicating Calrex's eyes through his helmet. They were fixed on him, the lack of emotion being transferred. There wasn't any emotion behind Calrex's actions. The only thing they said was stated like a fact: You are dead.

Dark Calrex released the Grand Blade, leaving it impaled through Calrex, who gave another chilling breath as he looked down and extracted the sword from his stomach, holding it in his sword arm once again. Calrex's voice came through the helmet once again, still as quiet as a whisper, "You want to know...which of the two was worse?"

HP List

Calrex: 43/67 (+3 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Dark Calrex: 4/67

ID: 15943

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +1) = 9

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

Loot Dice: 2

Dark Calrex was still grinning as he stepped back, but as he did the leg that Calrex cut gave way as he stumbled onto his back. Calrex walked loomingly towards him, flicking his Grand Blade into reverse again as he stepped over to Dark Calrex. With his free hand he casually reached forward, gripping Dark Calrex by the neck, lifting him up before pinning him to a nearby chunk of ice. He promptly stabbed Dark Calrex in the area where his heart would be as he spoke, "It didn't matter...the pain from each of them was equally excruciating..."

Dark Calrex gave a nod as Calrex uttered a simple last sentence, "Anything else?"

"Gh...you're complete Calrex...you have the strength you sought...just be wary...of who you decide to keep close..."

As Dark Calrex finished his statement his grin came back as he shifted his appearance one last time, taking on an appearance of Teayre before he burst into crystals, "Heh, you never know when one of them will stab you in the back again..."

Loot Dice:

1 Material

Upon Dark Calrex's second demise the frozen wasteland Calrex and he were battling on returned back to the Waterfall of the Sage, with Calrex standing on the closest rock to the cascade, where he was sitting previously. Calrex stared at himself in the water for a few seconds, giving a few calming breaths before resheathing the Grand Blade into his hip scabbard. Calrex gave a chilling exhale as he leapt back to the bank in a single jump, landing silently without hesitation.

"Target...eliminated..."

As Calrex tried to take another step the cold persona's time ended as Calrex's normal personality returned. However, the feedback from holding his emotions at bay for so long all flooded into him at once. His eyes widened as they went blank as he collapsed on the side of the bank, knocked out.

HP List

Calrex: 43/67

Enemies:

Dark Calrex: -4/67