SP - F6 Glacial Memories (Complete)

It seemed like hours went by before Calrex regained his senses. As his eyes slowly opened he looked through his helmet to see that the time had shifted to night as the Waterfall of the Sage seemed illuminated by the moonlight reflecting off of the water.

"Un...how...long was I out for..."

He slowly got to his feet as he switched out of the Grand Chariot armor, going into his casual combat clothing. He gave a sigh of relief as he felt the weight vanish. It seemed for now, being inside the armor was almost suffocating. He gave a couple of heavy breaths as he felt his body finally starting to cool down. He let himself fall back as he looked back out at the waterfall. He gave another couple of calming breaths as he ran a hand through his hair, lifting his bangs out of his face. He could feel the remains of the sweat from before as he closed his eyes once again.

"This puffiness around my eyes...did I cry while I was out?"

He rubbed his eyes before he got to his feet. There was a soft breeze blowing through, which helped to cool him further. After gazing at the water for some time he gave another sigh, "Never would have thought those things would ever resurface..."

"To think...that even with those...somehow Teayre still sees me as amazing..."

He felt a smile come across his face as he gave a small laugh, "Me...that's laughable...I'm just a fool in the end..."

He gave another breath as he started back at the water. There was something different about Calrex now than when he first came to the waterfall. Before, once his cold persona had receded the light in his eyes would fully return. This time, his eyes seemed somewhere inbetween. The light had not fully come back to his eyes.

"That last little shift, changing to Teayre...that was a nice trick...but please I practically expected it to happen...you were too cliche...but you have my thanks..."

"The person I want to be...and the person I need to be...Maybe now I fully understand which is which, and maybe I know a little more which of the two I need to deem as more important."

"Death...every player fears death. You want the strength to protect everyone? To protect yourself?! Release that limit! Become a stone killer!"

"Heh, is that what it takes? Is the answer always going to be that simple...maybe I'm just not so sure anymore..."

With that Calrex gave a small sigh to himself as he swiped through his menu, feeling the weight of the Grand Chariot armor return to his shoulders. After that rest it felt light once again as he turned, leaving the waterfall behind. He could still hear Dark Calrex's laugh in the back of his head, the grin on his face still stuck in his, even before his demise. Calrex gave one last exhale as he left, the tone of it shallow, chilling, like he was in a frozen wasteland.

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • 1 Page Complete (400 col)