[SP-F1] A new life--Complete--

When Zandra first arrived in the town of beginning she didnt knew it, but this would become the first day in a new life. A life she couldnt even dream about. A life that will change her world upside down, both to the better but also to the worse.

Anyway, when she entered the game for the first time and spawned in the plaza, she just stood there for almost five minutes and took it all in. It all looked so real, the houses, the other players, even the sky with the clouds. And moost amazing, it was so huge. 

Edited by Zandra Zvift

After all the she had played where she grinded and farmed to hit max-level as quick as possible, she decided to this time start with exploring. Begin with this town. In her male avatar she walked the streets. Checked out all the shops, café's, inn's and other buildings. After awhile she realized it was hard to see any difference on other players compared to NPC's.

At 17:25 she saw she was back in the plaza where she had started. She walked to the center and sat down in front of the clocktower and closed her eyes to take a small rest. After just a few minutes she herd a voices. She opened her eyes and saw people appearing all over the plaza. What is happening?...

• 3 weeks later...

When the plaza was full of people, must be like all players in the game. Someone pointed to the sky at a blinking warning-sign. It duplicated again and again and again until the entire sky was covered.
-What the hell is happening? she said to herself.

A huge cloaked humanoid appeared in the sky. He talked about you cant log out, die here you die in real life, dies if removing the NrveGear, over 200 already dead. He said everyone got a new item. She opened her inventory to check what this new item was.

-What, a mirror? she said and watched on it. But it wasent she that looked back at him. It was handsome blonde man. She smiled when seeing how good-looking she made him. But suddenly she was surronded with a whiteblue light. She looked around and it happened to everyone else too. When the light faded everyone had changed. She looked at the mirror and this time she recognized the face. It was hers.

The cloaked guy talked some more before he disapeared and the sky went back to normal. She looked down on her hands when the mirror disapeared. Wait, if we are like real now, is my arm back to what it was in real life. She was slowly straigthen her left arm while focus her eyes on it. When it was almost straigth she herd a loud SNAP, she felt an overwhelming pain from her fingertips to her soulder. She screamed and everything went blurry before it went all black and fell to the ground... 

When Zandra woke she was laying in a bed inside someones house.
-Wher am I? she said with a quiet voice while looking around in the room. Why is she here in the first place. Oh right she straigthened her arm. So the game dosent remove the feeling of pain anymore. She sat up and looked at her arm. It looked just like normal. She could move it however she wanted except straigthen it.

It was a pretty small room. It only had a bed, a small table infront of the window and a single chair. Suddenly a girl came into the room. Maybe 17-18 years old.
-So your awake miss. I brougth some water for you.
-Thank you, could you tell me where I am? Zandra asked with a smile.

-Youre at an inn in the southern part of town of beginning.

-I better get going, I dont have any money yet and dont want to ocupy one of your room. Thanks for taking care of. Zandra gladly drank some water and left the room. She took the stairs to the bottom floor that was full of players eating breakfast and preparing for their first full day in Aincrad. 

It was then she felt she was hungry. All other players here had got some money yesterday and eating order food from the bar. She went outside and found a good place to sit on. In her inventory she picked out one of her ten breads and some water. It wasent fun to eat the bread but at least it stilled her hunger. But the water was cold and fresh.

-Well, since I dont have any money and explored so much of the town yesterday. I think I head outside today. A dozen meters away stood some boys looking at her and whispered while pointing on her.
-Did you hear that? The girl over there is talking to herself. She must be one of those loners hehe.

When Zandra heard them she first looked at them for a few moments. Then she stood up and walked away. Heading towards the gate... 

Zandra was walking a big street. There was many NPCs standing outside the inns and taverns. They was selling all kinds of thngs. Like weapon, armor, food and so on. She wondered it would cost to get some new equipment. She walked to a NPC. It was a middle aged man with hair and thick beard."can I help you player?" he had an extremly deep voice. Zandra almst dldnt herd what he said. She herd that he said something, but didnt herd what words

• 2 months later...

''Hi mister, I wonder how much it would cost to buy an armour around here?'' Zandra asked middle-aged man. ''So you wanna buy armour?'' the man answered her quietion with another quiestion.''Well, there is noe NPC that sells armour. You have to find a blacksmith. You can find blacksmiths, as well as alot of other proffessions on every floor. But I cant tell you where all of them are. I know there is three here in town of beginning.'' Zandra stood infront of him and thougth about what she was gonna do next. Go to one of those blacksmiths? No, she wasnt ready to meet any other player just yet. She was just gonna ask the NPC another quiestion when he said ''can I help you player?''

Os this NPC on a reset. If I dont ask him again quickly enough he starts over from his introducing phrase."No mister, there is nothing you can help me about at the moment." She said to the NPC and started to walk away."have a nice day" scontinued without stop walk or look at him. What was she gonna do now. "Hmm... I can always sit back on a bench, it could be fun to look at all passing players. Different personalitys and looks and such." She got many strange looks from passing players."see that girl, she just talked to herself." A boy whispered to his two companions."Yeah, shes probably a weirdo." One of them answered to his friends comment. She looked at the group and when she got eyecontact with them, they all looked away an whistled.

As she thougth it was pretty fun to watch all defferent players here. No, this was not players, it was people. Behind each one of them there was a real human beeing. And if they die in the game, that human beeing is also no more. Even so, it wasnt any sad faces here. Several groups that went by even laughed. Could they be telling jokes? In a time like this. 

There was also several solo players passing. Most of them quikly walked, some even ran passed her. It seemed like they had a destination to get to, and wanted to be there as soon as possible. Some solo players was just strolling around, wasting time at doing nothing, just like her at the moment. Thats when she spotted to persons walking side by side. A boy and a girl. They was holding hands. They took Zandras whole attention when they bent towards each other and kissed.

After awhile they stopped kissing. They started to look around, seemed to be searching for something. By some reason, just then Zandra got realy interested in a little rock on the ground and bent her head downwards. Hopefully they didnt saw she was staring at them. The girl said over there and pointed at an alley not far from where they was standing. Both of them walked in between the houses. Now the couple was out of line of sight.

She started to wonder. Did those two know each other from real life and was a couple there too. Or have they met in the game and falling for each other. Am I gonna find someone realy special to me? But how does it feel. How do you know you have met the one? Probably you first must meet someone at all. She had still didnt taken contact with any of the other players and the only ones she had spoken to was NPC's. And those was pretty short conversations to be honest. But how, how do you take contact with someone else. You cant just walk towards him or her and talk about anything. Or is it so simple. Everytime Zandra had talked to another human beeing it would have been because she must talk to that person. Like when you leave your computer for service if it had been broken.

Well, she shouldnt care about thinking about that. No one would thinking that she could be the one for them, wouldnt they? Or would they, was there someone out there that was meant for her, and she was meant for him. ''No, stop now Zandra. Thinking about such stuff dosent make it any better. Instead you should consentrate on training, level up, get better gear and stronger. Not thinking about something that only gonna last until you or someone else completes the 100ed floor.''Zandra knew this was the truth. But she didt wanted to go out of town of the beginning. She must do it sooner or later. But she prefered later before sooner. She opened her inventory. Nothing fancy at all. Only some bread and water. She closed it and stared out in the air.''What shall I do?''

She decided to head out of the city anyway. When she had decided she realised she had no idea at all where the gate was. She didnt had any idea where she was either, except of course she knew she was in town of beginning. But where in town of beginning. She looked around to see if there was any signs anywhere that pointed at which directiony she had to go. When she didnt found any she decided to ask someone. She walked towards a man with high level equipment. A full-plate armour and a greatsword attached to his back. This guy should definitively know which way the gate was. He must have been out hundreds of times. But wait, why was he here, in town of beginning. What could possibly be of interest to a high level player here thats not on the hihger floors.

Slowly she started to walk towards him. When she realised it must look realy weird, like she was sneaking up on him, she started to walk normaly. When she was right behind him she pat him on the shoulder.''Excuse me.'' the man turned around, his armour scretched in its joint while he moved.''Yes, what do you want?'' he said while looking down at her. He must be more then two meter tall. With long brown hair.''Ehm... I just wonder... where is the gate out of here?'' she said quietly.''Excuse me, I didnr herd ya?'' the man said to her.''Where is the gate out of here?'' thistime she almost screamed out the words by mistake. She put her hands in front of her mouth and said sorry to the man.''Well, no damage done. The gate lays that way.''he said while pointing down a street to the right of where they stood.''Good luck out there, and dont die 'key?''

''I promise I wont, and thank you for your help.'' she started to walk down the street the man had pointed. She still had her hands in front of her mouth. That probably looked weird so she moved them out of her face and held her arms straigth down instead. When she reached the gate it already started to get darker.''Oh no, I wont go out there in the dark. Just when I had gathered the courage to move out. Well, I guess one day dosent make that big difference. I leave tomorrow instead.'' she turned around back into the town of beginning. But since she hadnt got any money today either she had to sleep outside tonight. Hopefully make money tomorrow to be able to sleep in a bed. She remembered she ahd passed a garden earlier. She headed back there. In the garden there was a spot of grass under a tree that looked comfortable. She walked towards the spot, layed down and fell asleep.

Edited by Zandra Zvift