[PP-F7] Rogue Shadows and Faint Light (Zero)

Oikawa had never bothered with the seventh floor much. It wasn't appealing to most and seemed almost boring compared to the temperature affected, fourth and ninth floors and the bustling crowds of the first floor. However, the town of Nimbus served as the perfect place for the blonde to start anew. With his most recent guild abandonment and an awkward profession of love to a girl he had only met a few weeks ago, he figured he could use a break from it all right now.

Plopping himself onto bench just yards away from the teleportation gate, Oikawa sat back and relaxed as he pondered his next actions. He had almost began to drift off until the familiar pawing of a certain leopard cub reminded him that he was in fact still there. "Ahh King, my young cub. What is it?" The leopard simply looked towards the the gate and growled. Whatever it is, it has King in an uneasy mood... Can he sense the arrival of danger?

• 2 weeks later...

Zero quietly stepped out of the teleportation gate once he had arrived on the seventh floor. He had business to attend to on that floor in the coming days, but felt he could use some of the free time he had to go about and familiarize with the floor in case he ever ended up in it again. He wore his usual coat, black shirt, and necklace not hiding his appearance for the moment; he knew it would attract to much attention if he arrived cloaked like he sometimes did.

His eyes carefully glazed over his surroundings as he slowly walked forward, not too many notable things within his perception, and rubbed the back of his neck. He noticed the blonde that was laying down on the bench, but paid no heed to him as he continued on his way. An eerie feeling was coming off of the platinum haird young man, a feeling of what exactly is unknown. Death. Strength. Mystery. Whichever it was, Zero had it luring out of him as he walked passed the blonde.

A sudden anticipation built up as the faint glow of the gate lit up. A blue coat emerged from the frame. Platinum blonde hair, a peculiar necklace, and red eyes. Strange.. this figure has red eyes and his vibe. Its not sinister, but it isn't pleasant either. Who is he? Why have I never seen him before. King stood firm as the man walked by. Oikawa slowly raised himself and observed to see where the man was going. Once he deduced the direction, he grabbed king and placed him on his head, as he followed the mysterious man.

He kept a good distance between them. Not far enough to lose him in crowds but not close enough to be in his peripheral vision. Why am I even following this guy? I don't know him and although he's green I have no clue what he's capable. Judging by just looks alone. One could assume he's had battle experience and he seems to know this floor pretty well meaning he's familiar with the upper floors. I suppose I'll tail him for a little while longer...

Zero gazed at the stores as he strolled by, he took note of anything worth noticing, and rubbed the back of his neck. He found himself strangely at peace, no twitching hand or headache, and was surprised he did not mind being near other players. His eyes wandered over the different wares being sold when he caught the glimpse of the blonde in one of the windows, though he made no reaction. A tail? Green player, male, average stature, standard physique at first glance. Definitely not a weakling though. He carefully stopped and scratched dais chin. I could lure him in, strike when least expected. Or maybe see what he's made of. Well I'll figure it out, so long as I can get him to tell me why he's tailing me.

He grinned at the thought and resumed his walk, heading for the exit to the settlement. I can't wait to see what happens now... The platinum haired boy carefully bit the length of his index finger in anticipation, his blood was starting to rush.

The stalking had led him into the market part of town. Passing by various shops and stands. I've never been to the market square of this floor. They seem to have everything here. I wonder if there are any- His train of thought stopped short. He noticed the player from before had stopped. Had he been caught? Was he mad? Intrigued? Whatever caused him to pause must've not been to relative as he continued on towards the gate that exited the safe zone.

I should prepare myself just in case. I'd hate to get ambushed the second I leave the settlement. Then again I could just turn around now....but where's the fun in that? I have a crystal at the ready if anything goes south. Alright lets follow him outside. I feel drawn to see what he's up to.

Another few minutes of walking and Zero found himself about to step outside the gate of the safe zone. He glanced to the sides as he began to step out, making sure that he wasn't walking into an ambush, and continued walking forward. Not a trap, I can tell that much. Just curious then? That's the most logical reason, but it doesn't mean I should drop my guard.

He stepped forward and onto the floors mountainous terrain, taking in a deep breath and letting it out slowly. He scratched the back of his head and began to absentmindedly walk forward; his mind focused on observing how long his tail would remain. Let's play a waiting game. Shall we? He grinned at the thought, he enjoyed when he could turn situations into chess games like the one he found himself in.

The white haired fellow seemed to pause briefly before stepping into the clearing outside of the safe zone. Oikawa quickened his pace and decided on a new course of action. As the man ventured further out, the blonde quickly but quietly caught up to him and matched his pace. In low, albeit calm, voice, Oikawa spoke. "The name's Oikawa. The Faint. Pleasure trailing you. Your name if I may?" Different from most encounters...Why do I feel compelled to bother this guy...hmmm

Zero ignored the blonde, who identified himself as Oikawa, for a few seconds before finally acknowledging him. He kept the same calm and uninterested demeanor he had before as he slightly turned his gaze towards Oikawa. "Oh, you decided to show yourself so quickly? That's surprising, I thought you would have followed me a while longer. Guess I was wrong." He calmly blew off the blonde's question, and looked forward.

"Normally you'd take advantage of an unsuspecting target, but you chose otherwise. Not sure if that's brave or stupid, maybe both?" He scratched the back of his head and let out a slight sigh. "Anyway,since you'll get annoyed because I blew off your question it's Zero. The answer's Zero. Now my turn to ask a question. Why would you follow someone out of a safe zone by yourself?"

There was silence. The man with platinum blonde hair simply ignored him at first. So much for first impressions... Then with disinterested tone, the player spoke. Not bothering to answer the question he commented on how quickly Oikawa revealed himself. Seeming disappointed by the act. He then continued to pick out the wrongs in his actions. Finally introducing himself, he finished his bit with a question.

"Firstly, I doubt for even a second you would consider yourself unsuspecting. I'm sure you knew I was following you. Probably noticed back in town. Secondly, what is there to take advantage of. If anything we're around the same level of experience and I would be doing more harm than good by attacking you. Thirdly, I haven't the slightest clue why I'm trailing you and even less of a reason for trailing you out of the safety of the town. Call it reckless if you want. Or curiosity rather. but we both know that's what killed the cat. Now will I share it's fate?" 

Zero maintained his calm and uninterested demeanor as the blonde spoke. He glanced at Oikawa then returned his gaze forward. "I see. Well you should be cautious whom you follow out of the safe zone, lad. Curiosity did kill the cat, that is true," He looked at the blonde with serious glare as a devilish smile carved itself onto his face. "But you're no kitty cat. So we'll see what happens. Sound interesting enough to sate your curiosity."

He slipped his hands into his pockets and calmly looked forward once again. "Or would you care to push your curiosity farther?"

Oikawa couldn't gauge the fellow. He seemed apathetic towards the whole ordeal but was casually carrying on. He exercised some words of caution to the blonde as they continued their walk. A brief silence fluttered between them before Zero spoke up again. Oikawa pondered his question. What could he have in mind? Hmm just be ready for anything I suppose. The blonde stretched and placed his hand close to his hilt and replied. "I suppose I've licked the bowl. Might as well clean it while I'm at it."

Zero remained quiet for a few moments after hearing Oikawa's response, his silence soon followed by an amused laughter. He continued to laugh for a few moments before shaking his head. He pulled his right hand from his pocket and placed it over his eyes, covering them from view. "That's an interesting response you made there. Not a bad one, but very interesting." He lowered his hand and looked at Oikawa, his entire head turning in the blonde's direction. "But you should be careful from where you drink the milk," His voice was no longer serious nor his expression uninterested, it had been replaced by a somewhat maniacal guise as a small sensation of bloodlust manifested itself. "You may find yourself drowning in it. Though, I don't think you have anything to worry about as you're no weakling at least."

His response triggered another silence. An awkward silence, but soon that was broken by the laughing coming from Zero. The man assured him that his response wasn't a bad one but he called it "interesting". The blonde listened as Zero responded with metaphorical musings of his own. "I'll be careful to use a glass then," he retorted as he locked eyes with the man. The uneasy seemed to have lifted but only slightly. I still don't have a feel for his character though he doesn't seem as bad as the aura he gave off. But that could change. Suppose I'll stay on my toes then. Looking away from Zero, Oikawa focused on what lay ahead as he brought forth another inquiry. "So what are we diving into?"

Zero turned his gaze back forward as he returned to his previous composure, the feeling in the air going back to normal. He scratched the back of his head, and quietly opened his menu. He scrolled through his inventory for a few moments before dismissing the menu away and acknowledging Oikawa's question. "Well, we could fight some monsters I suppose. I could also lead you into an ambush and have you torn apart. Or possibly you could show me you actually know how to use your weapon or not. Take your pick, I'm fine with any of those outcomes."

The eerie feeling heightened once more as Zero returned his gaze to what lay ahead. Seemingly ignoring the blonde once more, He scratched his head before responding to the question. Listening. he smirked as his options all involved combat in one way or another. So much for real options but I guess I can entertain him with a duel. Taking seconds to make a decision, Oikawa spoke. "I suppose a duel would be fine. I haven't had a good fight in ages. Though I'm sure your more than the average player. Half-loss seems appropriate no?" He was unsure of how this would go but wanted to test himself nonetheless. Like I said, he's interesting. I wonder what he brings to the battlefield.

Zero smirked as he heard Oikawa's response and passed his hand through his hair, pushing it back. The young platinum haired boy sighed quietly and shook his head. "I am not up for combat at the moment, but I suppose I can try and hold my own for a while at least." He opened his menu like before and sent the blonde a request for a Half-Loss duel as they stepped onto of the floors flat topped hills. "Though don't be surprised if you do end up winning, like I mentioned before I'm not combat ready." He slowly scrolled through his inventory, picking one of the tabs as three swords appeared on his side, and slowly began to back away from Oikawa. "Let me get into position so we can get this started."

Stats:

LVL: 30/ HP: 73/ DMG: 8/ ACC: 3/EVA: 4/MIT: 3

Heal +2 HP on CD of 10+
Parry
Thorns +1 (OPP BD 6-8)/Paralyze +2 (OPP BD 8-10)/ Bleed +1 (BD 9-10)
+1 LD

Skills:
Athletics/Battle Healing R2/Block R4/Light Armor R3/One-Handed Rapier R4/Parry/Precision/Survival

The blonde rested his hand on his blade as the notification appeared before him. Accepting the invite, he stared at Zero watched as three swords appeared around him. "Ready or not, that is undoubtedly the most amazing thing I've ever seen. In away you have surpassed the rumored dual wielder. What are those called and is it a skill? An unlock? His questions fired off as the timer ticked down. Selecting his own gear, a perfect silver metal shield materialized in his left hand as he drew his sword with his right. His clasp already being attached to his cape provided him with a set of enhancements as well. Focusing on the timer as it continued to trickle down, he watched Zero. Unsure of what he and the three swords he wielded were capable of.

[20332] LD: 12 (11+1)

(Highest LD attacks first.)

• 7 months later...