[PP-F1] The Runaway Prince (Calrex) (Completed)

Leon, the blue haired 9 year old, was looking out the orphanage window. He was wondering how would it be like to go out and have an adventure like the other people do. "I wish I don't have to stay copped up in this orphanage all day..." Leon said. He was forced to say inside since he was caught trying to run away from the orphanage multiple times. "It's not like I don't like it here...it's just that living in an orphanage is not for me." Now with a determined looks on his face, Leon says, "I got to get out of here."

So Leon walked around the inside of the orphanage, looking for a good spot to sneak out at so he wouldn't get caught this time. After searching around, Leon found a window in the back of the orphanage, where he is less likely to get noticed easily, so he opened the window and crawled out of it and ran. "It should be a while before they noticed that I'm gone. Hopefully they won't be able to find me this time. Leon said to himself as he continues to run.

After running for a while, Leon found a nice, quiet bench and decided to sit down for a while. "I really hope they don't find me cause I really don't want to go back to the orphanage." Leon side as he kicked he feet back and forth, watching the people pass by

"It's been some time since I've been able to wander around like this. It's a nice feeling, especially with all of the traveling around I've been having to do for Ariel's guild. I guess I was not far off the mark when it came to responsibilities within a guild."

Walking down a particular street Calrex gave a small exhale as he looked at the sights around the Starting City, his hands in his pockets. Around his neck was the Ocean's Defense, Teayre's gift to him, a small glass ball with what looked like a miniature ocean inside strung like a necklace. Other than that was his Grand Blade, the deep sea blue sword strapped to the back of his hip.

"I wonder how much this city has changed since I last looked around. I know that the Catfish Sundries and Forge closed down, sad to say, as well as many of the guild being disbanded. It makes me wonder exactly what's happening with the higher level players."

As he passed by a bench he noticed a different sight. Among the various other players he saw a young kid sitting on the bench, not much older than than seven, sitting watching the people go by.

"Hm? I thought that most of the children in the game were put under the care of the orphanage on this floor. Well...I guess I can't really say much, since Jacob was really young, and he was taking on the Avalanche quest. Guess you really can't judge a book by its cover."

"Hmm...I wonder what can I do now beside hide from the orphanage. Maybe I can find someone to play with." Leon said to himself as he watched more people pass by. Then a cool breeze came and his blue hair flew in the direction of the wind. "This is a nice wind that's blowing." Leon said, enjoying the breeze. Then as more people pass, Leon spotted someone that was watching him.

Leon looked at the guy and spotted something that interest him. "He has a really nice necklace. Maybe I can get one like that...or if I'm really nice, he might give me his." Leon then looked around to see if anyone from the orphanage was nearby. Then when he saw that the coast was clear, he called over to the boy.

"Hey! Wanna come join me! I don't bite, I promise!"

"Hey! Wanna come join me! I don't bite, I promise!

"Hm?"

Calrex looked around in confusion as he heard the young boy on the bench call over to him, thinking he was referring to someone else for a second before he confirmed the boy was looking at him. Calrex put a hand behind his head for a second before he decided to agree, "Well, it's not like I have anything better to do at the moment. Let's see what this kid wants..."

As he approached the bench he made sure to come from an angle, "You were to referring to me? I guess I could join you for a bit. I'm Calrex, nice to meet you."

"Yes I was! Nice to me you Calrex! My name is Leon!" Leon said to Calrex. Then Leon stated at Calrex's necklace for a while."That's a really nice necklace. Maybe..." Leon then tried to sound as persuasive as possible to see if he can get the necklace.

"That is a really nice necklace you have there Mr. Calrex. I'm kind of jealous!"

Then Leon noticed one of the people working at the orphanage not to far from where he was. "Please don't come this way. Leon said to himself. Then Leon looked at Calrex once more and asked him, "Wanna go somewhere and do something?"

"Leon huh? A pleasure to meet you."

As Calrex sat down next to the young boy he gave a nod of greeting as he listened to him speak about the necklace he was wearing. Calrex leaned back, holding the small glass ball of the Ocean's Defense in his left hand's fingers, looking at it with fondness, "I'm glad you like it. It really is beautiful. My girlfri...well...fiancee actually made it for me, so I always keep it close. It's become very precious to me."

"And here I go again, telling someone that Teayre is my fiancee, a complete stranger! Well, I guess maybe it's because Leon is a young boy. I should really be more careful. I've heard some kids get used as proxys for their parents to steal items off of tourists in some countries."

As he gave a quick look around he heard Leon ask if he wanted to somewhere and do something, "Well, I guess if you wanted to I could probably show you around the Starting City. I don't think it would be a good idea for us to go outside of the gates in the meantime. Was there anywhere you wanted to go in particular?"

"So who is she?" Leon asked Calrex. Leon then looked back once more to see that they guy from the orphanage was still where he was when Leon checked earlier. "I'm good for now." Leon said. Leon took a deep breath and started to run his head. "Maybe I sh try to find someone who would adopt me so I wont be constantly having people breathing down my neck." Then Calrex asked him did he have any place in patricular that I wanted to go to.

"Hmm...I haven't really been out of the orphanage much, so I guess you just show me some of your favorite places around town. How does that sound?" Then Leon got up from the bench, and brushed his clothes to straighten them out a little. "Maybe I could get some better clothes..." Leon said to Calrex while looking at his clothes, a little disappointed. Then Leon noticed the orphanage people was started to head towards his direction. "I really need to go now..." Leon then grabbed Calrex's hand and tried to pull him up while saying, "Come on...Let's go!"

"Oh..ok let's go!"

Calrex looked in surprise as Leon grabbed his hand and began to lead him, "How did I end up in this situation?"

"Oh, well the person's name...her name is Teayre. She's probably the most amazing person I've ever met, so I'm happy to be her fiancee." His face flushed as he spoke before responding to Leon's inquiry, "Well I guess I could take you on a tour of some of the places I frequent the most. I don't really have a particular favorite of them."

As Leon mentioned his clothes Calrex gave a smirk and a nod, "Really? Well if you want we could also take a look in some of the clothing shops and see if there's something you like."

"Yay!" Leon said to Calrex for more than one reason. Leon was glad that he was able to escape the orphanage for a while, and hopefully for good if things go well. Then Calrex mention the name of his fiancée. "That's a nice name. From what you said, she'll be a nice person to me. So I can't wait to meet her!"

Then Calrex mention that they could go to a clothing store. "Yeah! Let's go now! I really hope that the clothing shop have some really good clothing! Then maybe we can visit some of other shops you have in mind!" Then Leon walked beside Calrex, now in a very ecstatic mood. "Maybe I can get Calrex to adopt me if I play my cards right!" Leon then looked up at Calrex and said to him, "I have a question? Have you even been to an orphanage before or every thought about adopting someone?"

He gave a smile as Leon got excited about looking at some new clothes as Calrex gave a nod, "Well I don't really have any places in particular I needed to visit, so we could just kind of meander around in the meantime."

As Calrex heard the question about adoption from Leon he felt like he lost his pace as he stumbled for a second in surprise, "A-Adoption?"

"Well I've thought about this many times...and I kind of know my answer..."

"Well, you see Leon...I'm not really looking to adopt anyone actually. I'm still way too young to even be thinking about raising children. Heck I doubt right now I would even be a good father. I would need more time...well...a lot more time before I could even begin to think about things like that."

As the two kept walking they eventually arrived in the tailor's section of the merchant district as Calrex began looking around, "Hm...do you see anywhere that looks interesting?"

"Leon's earlier question though...how hold exactly is he? I guess it might be safe to ask."

"If you don't mind me asking Leon, how old are you? The things you're conversing about...it seems like you're fairly mature for your age."

"Oh...ok." Leon said to Calrex in response to his question about adoption. "Guess I need to find some way around this. Cause going back to that orphanage is not an option." Leon said to himself. Then Leon thought about what Calrex said and tried to play around that. "I kind of how to raise myself. Everybody has to start somewhere right?" "Doubt that'll work, but I hope at least it will better my chances."

Then Leon and Calrex arrived at the tailor district and Calrex asked Leon if there was any shop that I see interesting. "Hmm...Let's try this one in the middle Calrex." Then as they arrived at the shop, Calrex asked how old he was because he was acting a little too mature for his age. "Guess I overdone it again!" Leon thought to himself. "I'm 9 years old." Leon said to Calrex, before running into the shop, leaving Calrex outside the shop.

"9? Wow you definitely don't act your age for sure."

As Leon decided what shop to check out first Calrex nodded as he followed behind, "I wonder why he's out and about. From what I remember even Jacob is usually stuck in the orphanage because that was established to take care of the children incapable of actually helping the other players out...I wonder what Leon's parents are going through while he's stuck in here. It's been a few months, they might be worried sick."

"Hm...was there anything you wanted to try out Leon? I can get you an outfit, my treat. However, as an exchange, could you tell me why you're out wandering around here? I thought that usually kids your age are normally stuck at the orphanage established on this floor."

"Thank you. I really get that a lot." Leon said to Calrex. Leon was searching through all of the clothes, looking to see if he can find an outfit that he like. "I wonder if they have some really nice blue outfits I can try on."

Leon looked around for some blue outfits until he found an blue collar shirt with some pants to go with them. "This seems like a nice outfit." Leon said to himself.

But before Leon could go try it on, Calrex said that he would buy the outfit for him in exchange for him telling why I am not at the orphanage. "Well I'm supposed to be at the orphanage, but... I kind of sneaked out one of the windows and decided to take a walk around town. So they are probably looking for me now!"

"Oh really, heh, I guess I should have figured."

"Well...now the question is whether I bring him back or help him out...I guess I wouldn't be surprised if the orphanage can be kind of restricting..."

"Well then Leon, you know of course you probably understand that I can't just let you go, but how about this then. Since you are eager to look around how about I show you around the city for now, but then once the day's over I take you back. I'd rather not have you go running off wherever and possibly get yourself into trouble outside of the city's gates."

With that he let the boy go to try on the outfit he picked out Calrex gave a small calming exhale to himself, "So this is going to be my day...well it'll certainly be an interesting story to tell Teayre."

Leon put on the outfit and looked at it for a moment. "I really like this outfit Calrex. I want this one!" Leon then looked around to see if he can find anything interesting, but couldn't.

Then Calrex told Leon that he would show him around town, but he will have to go back to the orphanage at the end of the day. "I'm not going back to that orphanage. Not if I can do anything about it." Leon said to himself.

A little sad, Leon said to Calrex, "I understand how you feel Calrex, but I really don't want to go back to the orphanage." Then as kid like as possible, Leon said to Calrex, "Pretty please can I stay with you?" Then before Calrex had anytime to think about what he just said, Leon said to Calrex, "Let's go see some blacksmiths!"

When Leon decided on his outfit Calrex gave a nod as he went over to the owner of the shop and paid for the outfit, giving a nod to the boy to confirm that it was his. As he heard Leon voice his feeling about the orphanage and his wishes Calrex gave a small sigh as the two exited the shop.

"He really must not like that orphanage...I wonder why. It seems out of the ordinary, since a lot of kids I've seen there tend to enjoy it because they get to be around so many kids their age."

"I understand...but you have to understand Leon, I'm not exactly the person you would want to be hanging around. Sure I'm not a PKer...if you know what that stands for...but I also an constantly out in the fields putting my life on the line to try and get us out of this game. I don't really have the ability to take care of you at the same time."

Remembering that Leon wanted to go check out the blacksmiths he nodded and motions towards further into the merchant district, "If you don't mind me asking, why is you dislike the orphanage so much? From the other kids I've run into they really don't mind being there since they get to be around other children their age."

"It stands for Player Killer. It's when a player kills another player that isn't form an authorized match." Leon said answering Calrex'e question.

Then Calrex explained why Leon couldn't stay with him."I understand...but I really want to do something that could help out everybody." Then Leon said to himself, "Please don't say that I could help by staying at the orphanage..."

As they got closer to the blacksmith section of the merchant district, Calrex asked Leon why he didn't like staying at the orphanage. "It's not that I dislike the orphanage or anything like that, I really do like everyone there, it's just that I really find it boring just staying there everyday basically doing the exact same thing over and over and over again and not be able to do anything interesting."

Then Leon stopped where he was, sighed and said to Calrex, "But if you say so, I'll go back..." After that, Leon continued walking.

"Hm...you've got a good heart Leon. You really want to try and help everyone with this?"

"I mean...he's still really young...but it's not like Jacob was young himself...maybe..."

"Hey Leon, I've got an idea for you, but if you agree you have to promise that you continue staying at the orphanage alright?"

As they arrived at the part of the merchant district which houses the blacksmith shops he directed Leon over to the side, "Here is my idea, and trust it's something that I want you to give some serious thought about, because doing this also means that you would be putting yourself in danger."

With that he gave a calming breath before continuing to speak, "If you want to help everyone in the game a couple ways you could do it is one, to become an active player and go out, become stronger, and help others clear the game. This one I am leery about because even as mature as you speak, you're still fairly young. The second one is for you to become strong enough that you can actually run your own shop and help those who are trying to clear the game that way."

He put his hands in his jacket pockets as he put a hand behind his head, "That way if you are active you might have a better chance of letting the people running the orphanage let you out more often so that you can perform those duties, but you it as a place to sleep. If you agree to this I'll spend today helping get you up to speed with venturing outside of the city and fighting the monsters that lie there. Sound good?"

Leon shook his head signaling that he wanted to help everyone, especially Calrex, out. Then Calrex told Leon that he had an idea, but in exchange, he has to stay at the orphanage. "Alright." Leon said to Calrex.

Then Leon and Calrex arrived at the blacksmith section, Clarex pulled Leon to the side and told him about his idea. "I'll think about it and the next time we meet, I'll give you an answer."

Clarex then mention about going outside the gate, and Leon nervously said, "L-let's save that for next time." Then Leon went off to look at some of the shops.

"Hm...so he's still hesitant about leaving the gates. Understandable. With the amount of time we've spent here in the game, it's known knowledge that a good chunk of the players that started in this game had already been killed by various means."

"Alright, that sounds good to me. If you decide to do so, I'll help you get yourself started, you can count on that."

With that Calrex decided to drop the conversation, feeling that Leon understood what it was he had to say as they looked around, "Was there anywhere here that seems interesting to you?"