[PP-F2] [Complete] Let There Be Light (Kotori)

Oikawa had been roaming the streets of Nimbus. He didn't usually spend time on this floor, but there was someone he was looking forward to see again. As he paced about the cobbled streets, the sounds of worry grew louder as someone bumped into him. Turning around, the blonde caught the older woman just as she began to fall. "Are you alright miss?" She didn't have a player crystal, which made Oikawa aware of the fact that she was indeed a NPC. Well this is still rather weird. I wonder if its a random encounter?

"My s-son...he's tr-trapped in a cave in the forests. Can you help me find him?" So it's a quest encounter. Hmmm sure why not. The NPC mother brought up a menu detailing the quest. She then sent into the blonde. He quickly accepted and put the mother at ease. Ensuring her that her son would be brought back safely. 

This is the perfect excuse to message her. Bringing up his HUD, he promptly typed up a message and sent it to her.

To: Kotori

Subject: Need help on a quest!!

If you're interested, I have a quest for you to participate in. It'll be good training at the least.

He then comforted the mother as he waited for Kotori to respond.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ping!

Kotori's eyelids opened up, a noise waking her from her deep rest. It was a PM. The girl lifted her torso upwards while the long strands of her thin, brown hair covered most of her forehead and her eyes. Dark grey bags had formed from under her eyelids and the bed around her was a mess. Using her left hand to removes the hair concealing her face, she opened up the menu for the personal messenger. It was a message from Oikawa in which he was requesting her to join him in a quest. "Oh.. I'd better go.." she grumbled to herself, a bit irritated at being awoken up. She wasn't really mad at him since he didn't know any better, but nobody would enjoy being woken up to do something tiring. Kotori squished her cheeks gently, trying to get herself more alert for today. She didn't want to show as a mess either. Her next steps were to arrange her hair in a fashion so that it wouldn't fall and block her view ever again. She was ready. The brunette equipped her dagger and then opened up the personal messenger

To: Oikawa

Subject: Re: Need help on a quest!!

I'll be there soon, don't worry! I just need to get some stuff ready.

With that, Kotori left the protection of the room she was staying in and headed towards where Oikawa was on her tracker. Maybe they could have some fun together today.

As the NPC finally started calming down, the familiar ping of a notification alerted Oikawa that he had a message. Opening it up, he smiled at the fact that Kotori had decided to come with him. "Hey miss, my friend and I are going to find your son. You just sit tight alright?" The NPC nodded in response and Oikawa checked his gear as he waited for the brunette to show up. Maybe today might be the day I tell her how I feel. Or maybe I'll wait. His forehead forming a crease as he became lost in thought.

"I'm close by.. where is he?" Kotori asked as she stood still in the middle of floor 2. She couldn't help but feel she was completely, utterly lodt. She would continue looking for the boy, she didn't want to turn his request down. The girl continued to wander around the town before ending up bumping into someone else. Immediately, she apologized and then went back on her way. After a few steps, Kotori ceased movement. Blonde hair, slightly taller than her and helping out an NPC. It was Oikawa and she hadn't even noticed her. Blood began to rush to her head, her face growing more and more red each second. She rotated to face the boy, her eyes and the deep, black bags under said eyes that still remained doing so as well. "I-I uh... f-found you." she said, flustered at the mistake of almost missing the boy.

A sudden voice jolted him from his thoughts. Turning around, he was pleased to see it was indeed Kotori. "Haha I would hope so with the friend tracker and all," remarked the boy with his usual grin. The NPC mother having done her job, sat still and waited for the two to go and get her son. Gesturing to her, Oikawa explained to Kotori the parameters of their quest. "This NPC mom here, has lost her son in a cave out in the woods. Rumor has it, there are two giant bats they maybe holding him hostage inside. You up for a little search rescue?" 

"I'm up for that, really anything is fine with me." She answered, happy to be able to at least something with Oikawa. Still, she wondered what kind of quest this actually was, although it couldn't be really bad or else Oikawa would've never invited her to join him on this search and rescue mission. Smirking at the boy, she grabbed her dagger and sheathed, ready to fight at any time and also ready to start up the quest. "Let's go."

Glad to see her confidence is stronger...that's good although this quest shouldn't be too difficult...not even for her. The blonde grinned as she urged him to get moving. "Alright let's move. The cave shouldn't be too far. Just past the beginning of the trees outside the safe zone." Turning on his heel, he led the girl towards the gate leading into the fields. As they approached the gate he turned to her and began to speak. "Umm, are y-you prepared..." he stuttered out. His face growing slightly crimson as he stared into the eyes of the brunette before him.

Still tired from her lack of rest, Kotori decded that it would be best of she finished this quest up quickly. The cave wasn really faraway and it didnt seem that there would be too many mobs when after all, this quest was on the second floor. When the two of them reached the gate that led to the fields, Oikawa asked her if she was prepared. It looked as he was nervous, most likely because she might not have the strength to do this. "Yep, got my dagger and you." She said with a smile plastered on her face once again. Her dagger was still in its sheath, ready to be used.

"Alright then lets move!" The blonde stated as he led her across the field. There were a few boars scattered about and even a few players hanging about. Crazy that players still train here. I suppose that's judging though. I mean this could very well be Kotori., but I'm determined to push her to her max potential. The forest edge inched closer as they strolled about. Once they were in the forest, he looked back to make sure she was still trailing. "The cave is just up ahead."

Kotori's gaze turned to look at the surrounding scenery as they rushed towards the cave. It didn't seem like a bad floor, it actually looked pretty nice. The forest looked appealing as well although it wasn't something that looked as if a player should go alone in it. It would seem that they finally made it to said cave when Oikawa mentioned that it was just up ahead. Good. It wouldn't take long to do this quest if they had already found the place to be and hopefully by around noon they would be finished. The girl's fingers danced around her dagger, awaiting for the moment for when she would need to equip and begin to fight once more against any monsters roaming around.

Oikawa could see Kotori fiddle with her dagger. "You seem to be eager for a fight haha." Leading her deeper into the forest, Oikawa pointed towards the mouth of the cave and gestured for her to pick up the pace as he sprinted to it. "This seems to be it. Lets find that kid and bring him back safely." Ducking inside, the sound of flapping wings erupted as a cloud of bats took flight and glided about the cave. Placing himself between the girl and the animals, Oikawa equipped his shield and warded off the colony as they traversed the cave. "You alright?"

"Not really, I would rather be.......... nevermind." Kotori mumbled, not trying to bring up her lack of sleep. It wouldn't help if Oikawa felt bad for waking her up and it would be even worse if he knew that she wasn't battle ready at all, but on her standards she was. It was just the jitters she got from entering an unknown area that was causing her to worry a bit. "I'm fine, let's just find the kid so that his mom doesn't have to worry anymore. Its good that she was an NPC, I would've felt bad for her so much." she answered. Though the mother was just a NPC, she still didn't like how realistic she was and the almost true emotion she was showing when Oikawa was comforting her.

The blonde stopped as Kotori began to reply but cut herself short and waved the comment off. "Rather what? Oh no! Did you have plans? Other obligations? Sleep? It is rather early. I'm sorry for whatever I did. I didn't mean to disturb.." He resumed leading her deeper into cave. She claimed she was fine and started talking about the NPC mother. "Yeah even though she is a NPC, I couldn't help but feel obligated to help her out."

Woosh! Woosh!

Sudden bursts of winds came fumbling from up ahead. "That sounded like giant flapping wings. They must be just up ahead. Come on!" Picking up the pace, the blonde darted into the cave and was surprised to see an enormous cavern open up. Stalagmites littered the cavern floor. Just beyond the main part of the cavern, lied a clearing that hosted a small child. "There's the kid. Now where are the bats?" 

As if on cue, the furry winged creatures descended into the clearing and screeched as they hovered over the child. "Play it smart Kotori. I'll go ahead and attack first. Find an opening and follow up." As he said this, he sprinted off full speed only to be tripped up by stalagmite. Dang it... "Kotori! Switch!"

OOC: I'll post for both bats in my next post.

IC:

[17073] BD: 3 [1+3-1]

Oikawa: 67/67

Kotori: 23/23

Bat 1: 30/30 (-0)

Bat 2: 30/30

*Bats deal 2 damage and we get -1 BD*

"No, its nothing really.. You don't have to be sorry, at least now I'm doing something productive rather than you know..." Kotori protested, not wanting Oikawa to feel bad for having woken her up. It wasn't his fault and he didn't know that at this time she would be sleeping. Her eyes turned to the bats, the ones responsible for abducting the NPC's child and the one responsible for this quest. Immediately, she was their health points and she almost fainted. The bats had more HP than her. That wouldn't be good at all. Kotori unsheathed her dagger and ran at the first bat before aiming at its wing. She swung her weapon but missed by an inch and landed on a floor with a thud. She got up from the floor, a bit pissed about how her first attempt had gone. If she kept this up either her or Oikawa was going to end up dead. She need to wake up and start fighting for real or else things would get really ugly fast. "S-sorry, its your turn again Oikawa. Switch!" she yelled before standing by the boy's side.

[17075] BD: 2 [3-1]

"Don't worry about it. We just got to focus on the next hit!" Rushing past Kotori, Oikawa raised his rapier as he he jumped off a broken stalagmite in an attempt to pierce the wing of the first Bat. The giant creature flapped away as it evaded his lunge. Bat 2 having been focused on the brunette, swooped in for an attack but had to veer away as Kotori evaded the attack.

Bat 1 glowered at the blonde before sending a powerful gust from the flapping of it's wings, right at him. Jumping to the left, Oikawa brandished his shield as he used it to keep the gust from knocking him over. "Kotori! Switch!" Why can't I land a hit? I need to start dealing damage soon or she may wind up hurt. I can't have that. Not on my watch.

[17216] BD: 3 [1+3-1] MISS

[17216] MD: 3 [6-3] MISS

[17217] MD: 5 MISS

It was simple enough, all Kotori had to do was land a hit about 10 times and they would be fine. Unless Oikawa managed to hit something. Oikawa.. He had been acting very strangely from the last time she had seen him, his manner of talking and how he looked at her. It could be she was imagining things, but was that really it? She couldn't figure out, but she did manage to land a hit on the first bat. Her dagger connected with the beast's eyes and then she pulled it out, smirking with having the first hit. Now it was the blonde's turn. "Oikawa, switch and make this hit count!"

[17226] BD: 7 [8-1]

Kotori: 23/23 | H: 1

Bat 1: 27/30 (-3)

As Kotori landed a hit on the first Bat, she retreated and called for a switch. As she fell back, Bat 2 swooped in for a diving strike. Oikawa instinctively jumped in between them and knocked the bat aside with his shield. Lunging forward, he sank his rapier into the beast before it could raise up again. Removing his blade, he turned around just in time to see Bat 1 take revenge on the girl as it sank its claw into her back before soaring upwards. 

"Kotori! Are you alright?" Having left himself exposed Oikawa didn't see Bat 2 as it took flight once more and swooped in knocking him several feet forward. Dangit I have to be more careful. Pushing himself up, he backed up until he was next to her. "Alright we have to be careful. I'll take on Bat 2. You keep on attacking Bat 1."

[17242] BD: 8 [6+3-1] HIT CD: 8

[1][0]Oikawa: 64/67 (-3)

[1][0]Kotori: 21/23 (-2)

[17242] MD: 7 HIT

Bat 1: 27/30 

[17243] MD: 6 [9-3]HIT

Bat 2: 21/30 (-9)

Kotori winced in pain as the bat dug its claws into her back. If she had been paying attention like she had originally been doing, this wouldn't have happened. It seemed Oikawa was having some better luck as he managed to land a decent hit on the second bat. The girl gripped her dagger tightly and leapt at the first bat. At first it seemed that she was able to make contact with it, but it was not meant to be. Her dagger barely grazed the side of the animal and she fell down, her face hitting the floor. "Ow.." she mumbled as she struggled to get back up. She had managed to get hurt badly and seemed this would be effecting her for the rest of the fight. "Oikawa, g-go.." yelped before getting back onto her feet.

ID: [17256]

BD: 5 [6-1]

Kotori: 23/23 | H: 1

Bat 1: 27/30 (-3)

Standing back, the blonde watched as Kotori lunged at the first bat again. The attack looked flawless up until her reach fell shirt resulting in her not only missing the bat but falling to the ground. Oikawa quickly dashed towards her and helped her up. As she told him to go on and attack, the bats tried to get in in a few more hits. Deflecting the first bat's attack with his shield, Oikawa waited and timed the second bat. As it swooped in to strike, Oikawa feigned a block with his shield and instead switched to his rapier and poked through the chest of Bat number two. 

"Can you still fight? If not, make your way to the child and I'll take both of them out. They're attacks are fairly weak with my mitigation and all and since I'm quite evasive they can hardly hit me anyway. Otherwise, brandish that dagger like the bad arse you are and let's take them down together alright?" Grinning as usual, Oikawa waited for Kotori to make her next move before attempting another attack of his own.

[17266] BD: 9 [9+3-1] HIT CD: 8

[1][0]Oikawa: 64/67 

[1][0]Kotori: 21/23 

[17266] MD: 3 MISS

Bat 1: 27/30 

[17267] MD: 0 [1-3] MISS

Bat 2: 11/30 (-10)

Kotori's eyes slanted in anger at the monsters. At this point, they had sufficiently pissed her off adequately and now would have a piece of her dagger. She muttered a few curses at the first bat under her breath and dashed towards the flying beast. Nothing would stop her from getting her revenge and she would make sure it understood not to mess with her. Her knife sliced the air at supersonic speeds and stopped cold through the neck of the first animal. The girl made sure to turn the weapon slowly inside the neck so that it would feel an intense amount of pain even if it wasn't progammed to do so. She then jumped back to Oikawa's side and said "I think I'm fit for fighting.." before nodding towards him, signalling him that it was his turn to fight.

ID: [17357]

BD: 7 [8-1]

[1][0]Oikawa: 64/67 

[2][0]Kotori: 21/23 

Bat 1: 24/30  (-3)

Bat 2: 11/30