[PP-F2] [Complete] Let There Be Light (Kotori)

Oikawa watched as Kotori lashed out at the first bat. After she connected on her act, she retreated towards Oikawa. "You're getting the hang of it. Which is scary haha. I guess I'm up!" The brunette nodded as she let Oikawa attack next. The first bat seemed to still be disoriented from Kotori's attack and as such it kind of hung back to regain itself. Bat number two however had other plans. swooping in attempted to grab Oikawa with its claws. Rolling out of the way, the blonde narrowly avoided the attack but was to slow to effectively counter. 

Dammit I don't have time to be wasting golden opportunities. I'll make sure to hit hard next time. Retreating back, Oikawa nodded towards Kotori for her to once again attack. She's doing better than I am and I'm suppose to be showing her how it's done. Dang I'm pathetic...

[17362] BD: 3 [1+3-1] MISS CD: 5

[1][0]Oikawa: 64/67 

[1][0]Kotori: 21/23 

[17362] MD: 1 MISS

Bat 1: 27/30 

[17363] MD: 2 [5-3] MISS

Bat 2: 11/30 (-0)

*Bats deal 2 damage and we get -1 BD*

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Guess I am.." Kotori contemplated as Oikawa said that she was improving to her before going to fight again. She couldn't help but worry when Oikawa missed another one of his attempts at the bat, it was starting to become a pattern. Usually he was perfect at aiming, although he was bit off today. It was strange because he should at the very least be hitting more than her because she was exhausted. Still, they had bats to worry about and she needed to focus on those. This worrying may have caused her next shot to miss as well as she didn't even come close to hitting the second bat, her target. Oh well.. "Switch."

ID: [17368]

BD: 0 [1-1]

[1]Oikawa: 64/67 

[2]Kotori: 21/23 

Bat 1: 24/30 

Bat 2: 11/30 (-0)

But enough petty thoughts. Show her your the one leading the charge. "After I attack Bat 2 I want you to finish it off instead off attack Bat 1. The quicker we torch their HP, the better." Quickly darting and weaving through stalagmites, The Faint approached Bat 2. Using the formations as launch pads, Oikawa bounced between a few clusters before cocking his arm back and unleashing a barrage of jabs at the hovering Mob. As it received blow after blow, it quietly dropped to the ground. Unable to maintain flight, it was an easy target for Kotori's follow up.

Bat number 1 seemed to finally recover from Kotori's earlier attack. It started it's attack only to get distracted as it watched it's brethren tumble from the air. Shrieking and beating its wings. The bat seemed to grow enraged and incredibly more hostile. "Go ahead and finish Bat 2, I'll keep this one off ya until we can both take it on!"

[17385] BD: 7 [7+3-1] HIT CD: 7

Oikawa: 64/67 

Kotori: 21/23 

[17385] MD: 4 MISS

[17386] MD: 0 [3-3] MISS

Bat 2: 2/30 (-9)

Kotori nodded in agreement as she faced Oikawa before going off and trying to kill of the last bat on her own. It was weakened and wouldn't take that much work to finish it for good, or so she thought. She had relaxed slightly, the fight would soon be over as it would be one bat against her and Oikawa, but this would affect her fighting. She was careful not to get to trip over one of the stalagmites like the boy had done earlier, but in her attempts to not do so, she crashed into a wall with her head making a little dent in the wall. The bat had been there a second ago, where was it? The girl couldn't just help feeling totally embarrassed at her total clumsiness. "Switch!" she yelled before getting back off the floor and assuming a battle stance one more.

ID: [17518]

BD: 1 [2-1]

Oikawa: 64/67 

Kotori: 21/23 

Bat 2: 2/30

Although she crashed into a wall, Oikawa couldn't help but chuckle at how cute it was that she tried to play it off. His laughter was cut short however, when Bat 1 suddenly dove past him and rammed into Kotori. She was quickly knocked into a stalagmite which broke in half on impact. "Kotori!!! " Rushing forward, the blonde used the side of his shield to knock the hovering Bat aside so it would leave her be. 

"This my fault, I got careles-" his incomplete sentence wouldn't have been more true as Bat 2 sunk a claw deep into his shoulder and pried him away from the girl before scuttling off towards the first bat. Visibly, Oikawa stood and looked rather sad and disappointed, but in actuality he was now steeling himself and getting serious. Slowly standing, the blonde turned to Kotori and apologized. "It seems I've gotten too careless. Lets get this done with," he stated as he reached down to help her up.

ID: [17814]

BD: 4 [2+3-1] Miss

CD: 8

Oikawa: 63/67 (-1) [2+2-3]

Kotori: 18/23 (-3)

Bat 1: 24/30 [17814] MD: 9 Hit

Bat 2: 2/30 [17815] MD: 7 [10-3] Hit

Kotori winced at the pain of being thrown at the stalagmite. It wasn't a very hard impact, but she still felt the unwanted pain that came with being hit by the bat. While suffering, the girl heard Oikawa yell her name as he ran over to her, worried for he health. She was still in the green, although she could understand his fear over her well-being. He began to speak as well, but before he could even finish his sentence, the second bat decided to come in and stop him from doing so. She couldn't help but do the same and yell "Oikawa!" It seemed he had it covered although it had done a bit more damage than usual on the monster's latest attack. The blonde dashed over towards her and offered his hand, asking her to help him continue fighting. She smirked and got up with his help. Immediately she went on the offensive and fled at the second bat, ready to get revenge. Her dagger slashed at its face, but had missed and went to its wing which it brushed off with ease. "Switch!" she yelled.

ID: [17824]

BD: 1 [2-1]

Oikawa: 63/67

Kotori: 18/23

(ooc: wow these crits are annoying)

Oikawa watched Kotori dash off after the the second bat. He focused his attention on her too long however. Bat one glided over the cave and knocked the brunette to the ground just as she called for a switch. Then suddenly, like the flip of a switch, Bat 2 went at the blonde full aggro knocking him against the wall. As he struggled to regain his breath, he wearily looked to make sure Kotori's HP was still intact. It wouldn't be much longer til she dropped to the yellow zone.

Finally getting up, he sprinted past the brunette, giving her a worried look before picking up the pace. As he closed in on the first bat, he lunged forward, piercing its chest area as it went careening into a stalagmite. "Once you're ready, switch!" Glancing about, Oikawa noticed something was wrong. Where's the kid??? I don't want to alarm Kotori. She has enough to deal with already.

ID: [17835]

BD: 8 [6+3-1] Hit

CD: 4

Oikawa: 62/67 (-1) [3-3]

Kotori: 14/23 (-4)

Bat 1: 15/30 (-9) [17835] MD: 10 Hit

Bat 2: 2/30 [17836] MD: 6 [9-3] Hit

Kotori forced herself to get back up, a hit to the stomach wasn't going to bring her down. She was very close to her HP hitting the yellow zone and that would be very bad indeed considering the duo's luck. She didn't want to die of course, but she still wanted to show Oikawa that she was a capable of fighting. Maybe she wasn't because her next attack missed and she wasn't able to attack the second bat at all. The girl turned to look at him and it seemed he had a worried look on his face. He thought she wasn't capable of fighting at all and that she was weak and vulnerable. She would show him wrong if was the last thing she did. "Switch!"

ID: [17937]

BD: 4 [5-1]

Oikawa: 62/67

Kotori: 14/23

His worried face must've still been showing, as Kotori called for a switch after another miss. I'm worried for her health. I'm fresh out of potions and I refuse to let her or the kid die on my watch. Giving the cave another look through, Oikawa spotted the kid hiding behind a cluster of stalagmites closer towards the back. Alright now that he's accounted for, I can attack without hesitation.

Launching forward, Oikawa put on a reassuring smile as he elevated to the height of Bat 1 and sent his rapier through its left wing, sending it spiraling to the ground. "They're on their last legs. Lets finish them off here and now so we can get the kid safely back to his mother!"

ID: [17948]

BD: 7 [5+3-1] Hit

CD: 11

Oikawa: 65/67 (+2) [0-3]

Kotori: 14/23 (-0)

Bat 1: 6/30 (-9) [17948] MD: 4 Miss

Bat 2: 2/30 [17949] MD: 0 [2-3] Miss

Kotori leapt at her chance to take revenge on the bats that had continued to attack both her and Oikawa, finally she could rid them of this world. The girl dashed towards the second bat with a slightly demented smile on her face and her dagger in her right hand. Reaching the flying beast, the girl began to slash in every direction at the monster before stepping back and letting the mob die. All over the bat was dark red lines, so many that it looked a red net had been thrown onto it. The animal let out a death cry before disappearing in a bright light. The girl proceeded to pick up the remaining mat and then turn to Oikawa. "Get the last one so we can get the kid and leave." she spoke before stepping back to allow the blonde to do his thing.

ID: [17952]

BD: 9 [10-1] Crit +2

LD: 20 [19+1]

Oikawa: 65/67 

Bat 1: 6/30

Bat 2: -3/30 (+1 Material)

Kotori's determination was as visible as ever as she completely wrecked the mob in her path. It burst in thousands of pixels and she retreated back to him and allowed him to finish off the last bat. He smiled and nodded before rushing forward. the first bat was significantly weakened and should've been an easy target in its current state. However, Oikawa's aim must've died with the second bat because his miss was so far off a blind person could've landed a better hit. Embarrassed by his terrible display of fighting for the day, the blonde took a walk of shame back to the girl and called for a switch. "I must not be suited for combat today. My aim is horrendous. I'll grab the kid while you kill batty here," gesturing to the bat as he headed for the child.

ID: [17965]

BD: 3 [1+3-1] Miss

CD: 6

Oikawa: 65/67 (-0) [0-3]

Bat 1: 6/30 (-0) [17965] MD: 2 Miss

Bat 2: 0/30 DEAD

Kotori could sense the disappointment in his voice, how he felt that he had bad aiming today and felt like she had done more than him even though he was leagues stronger than her in every way possible. She badly wanted to comfort him and tell him that some people just have bad days, but she had to focus on the last bat. This bat most likely knew it was going to face its demise, but was still going to put up a fight. So was she and she wouldn't let the bat off so easily. The girl ran at the monstrous beast before aiming at the beast and slashing... at the wall. She had missed even more badly than Oikawa did, so badly that people would've a hard time believing she didn't fake it. Her dagger flew all the way to the bat where it rested under the mob. She had no way to fight back at the moment so she had to yell out to Oikawa. "OIKAWA, SWITCH!" she yelled before trying to navigate towards her lost weapon.

ID: [17967]

BD: 3 [4-1]

Oikawa: 65/67 

Bat 1: 6/30

Bat 2: Dead

Oikawa quickly leaped from stalagmite to stalagmite until he reached the boy and prodded him to come with him. "Everything will be fine. Me and my friend Kotori are here to get you safely back to your mother. You aren't hurt are you?" The NPC child shook his head no. Sighing in relief Oikawa picked the kid up and gave him a piggyback ride as he made his way back to the middle of the cave. Just as he arrived, Kotori began calling for a switch. He noticed she was dagger-less and quickly brought the child to her before racing towards the bat. "Get your dagger and keep him safe. i'll deal with this rebellious bat."

Dashing across the cavern Oikawa quickly darted between the cluster of stalagmites and rocks alike before driving his rapier through the last bat. The mob had zero chance of survival as it's body glowed and crashed into thousands of pixels. Collecting the material it dropped, Oikawa made his way back to the child and the girl and smiled. "Glad that's finally over. Kotori you did better than myself out there. Had it not been for my damage increase, I would've severely dragged us down. Lets get this kid back to his mother."

ID: [17965]

BD: 6 [1+3-1] Hit

CD: 10

LD: 15

Oikawa: 67/67 (+2) [0-3]

Bat 1: 0/30 DEAD

Bat 2: 0/30 DEAD

[Oikawa -The Faint received 1 material]

Kotori nodded in agreement to Oikawa's first sentence and then went off to grab her lost dagger. After searching for it for a few seconds, the girl finally located it and went back to the blonde's side. She felt bad that he thought he was bringing them down as it wasn't true at all although she could tell he was taking this nonsense roughly. As the three of them walked together, she decided to stand in front of him and tell him otherwise. Facing him, she started to talk before looking up at the him. "Oikawa, just because you missed a lot doesn't mean that you weren't good at all. I might've just gotten a few lucky shots that's all, so compared to me you would think that you were bad out there which isn't true at all! So don't beat yourself over missing a few shots because I miss more than you do all the time you big idiot!" she said before pushing Oikawa and then walking in front of him and the NPC boy with a face that made her look only slightly angry but a slight smile to show her satisfaction in saying that to him. She continued on like until they reached the boy's mothe.

As the trio began the trek back to the city, Oikawa was surprised when Kotori suddenly stopped and started scolding him. She didn't want him to beat himself up over missing so many attacks. Though she seemed upset, he caught the slight smile she wore as she marched forward leading them. the blonde couldn't help but grin and shake his head at how silly he was being. She's right. We made it out safely and everyone is alright. That's all that matters. Picking up his speed, he carried the young NPC child with him as he matched Kotori's pace. "I'm sorry! I shouldn't be moping around. We did well together and we saved this little one right here." 

Blushing a bit, Oikawa bit his lip before stating something else. "You may not realize this but you're actually rather cute when you're mad haha."

Oikawa's compliment had a vast effect on the color of Kotori's face as previous peach colored skin was replaced with that of a bright crimson color. Her original stature was changed into one of nervousness as the girl's stride because a slight movement of the feet and her face gazing at the ground. She tried saying something in return, but not even a single peep came out of her mouth. She did managed to say "T-thanks." before going into a speed-walk towards the city. She didn't know what to say to something like that so she preferred more to just say thanks and go off on her own. 

As soon as the words left his mouth, Kotori's face reddened and she looked towards the ground. Oh no did I embarrass her? Way to go. She looked up a few times as if to speak but just as quickly her gazed returned to the ground. She then squeaked out a thanks before quickening her pace and striding into to town. Great I scared her off. Sigh...Maybe she went back to the mother. Re adjusting the kid, Oikawa made it through the gates and entered the safe zone. Keeping an eye out for Kotori, he headed back to the plaza so he could finish the quest and they could get their reward.

Kotori gave a light sigh as she found herself nowhere near Oikawa. She couldn't keep on lying anymore without just spitting it out in his face. He couldn't tell she was picking up on every single mumble and side comment he had made while she was with him. Something seemed a bit off although she couldn't tell for sure. Kotori had needed to keep her guard up ever since a certain incident on floor four and just how everyone was reacting to her was unnatural as well. No matter. All she had to was keep her guard up and then she would be fine in general. One thing was for sure. The brunette was really good at fooling herself as well as others.

Kotori found the mother sitting down at the bench with a dead look in her eyes. It was fake of course, she didn't really have emotions. She walked over to the NPC and sat down next to her, awaiting for Oikawa to show up with the kid and finally end the quest.

[18105] LD: 16

After a brisk walk through the main part of town, the blonde and the kid showed up in the plaza. Waving towards the mother and Kotori, Oikawa let the boy down as he ran towards his mother. Their embrace was touching, and it left a warm feeling in the young mans heart. Well even if they aren't real that was pretty sweet. The mother then turned to the blonde and Kotori and thanked them several times.

"It was my pleasure. Though I couldn't have done this without you," he stated as he turned to face Kotori. "Thank you as well." When he returned his gaze to the mother and child, he was surprised to find that they had disappeared. "Well that's odd..." Suddenly a notification appeared before them. It congratulated them on completing the quest and gifted them 400 Col (200 each).

"That's a pretty decent reward. But I'm glad we helped her regardless."