SP - F3 Duties of a Rook <<Worn Out Welcome>> (Completed)

ID: 17509, 17511

Battle Dice: 3

Mob Dice 1: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

Mob Dice 2: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

The two boars seemed to grow even more enraged at the second death of a comrade. Calrex quickly took note of this as he analyzed it in his head.

"Probably a generated compensation algorithm to help maintain the danger and strength of the boars even as their numbers dwindle, kind of like the other two deaths made these two stronger. Alright, I've seen this before in other games..."

The two charged at him again as Calrex flicked the Grand Blade into a hammer grip as he rushed forward. As he got close he thought he was going to make it in between the two boars, but they suddenly closed the gap between them. He flicked his sword into a reverse grip as he held it horizontally, planning to strike both, but this time one boar's momentum managed to knock his arm back while continuing to move. Both of the boars managed to slam full force into him, although the one that deflected his sword had lessened strength from it. Calrex slid back ten paces before giving a deep calm breath, his eyes focused on the first boar, "Alright then, so you're next." 

HP List

Calrex: 46/73 (+4 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Raging Boar 1: 28/36

Raging Boar 2: 33/36 

ID: 17513-17514

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice 1: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice 2: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

After quickly judging their attack pattern Calrex's eyes fixed on the first boar, the weaker of the two in terms of health. As he target it he brought the Grand Blade up, rushing forward. At the same time both boars charged at him again, but this time Calrex's sword flashed blue for a second as he crashed into the two boars once again.

Once he did the Grand Blade suddenly appeared in his off hand as he kept his right arm bent, the light blue aura chains spiraling like crazy around it. As he held the two at bay he used his free hand to deliver a series of slashes to the boar before the chains gave out, shattering as the two boars charged into him again. He was knocked back once again as he tossed the Grand Blade back into his right hand, keeping it trained on the first boar, "A couple more hits and it will go down. It seems like they're bolstering their attack by rushing at about the same speed. Alright then, that means they've focused on going in the same direction. Meaning I can exploit that."

HP List

Calrex: 43/73 (+4 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Raging Boar 1: 18/36

ID: 17543-17544

Battle Dice: 8

Mob Dice 1: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

Mob Dice 2: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

As the two boars rushed at him again Calrex gave a long deep breath, keeping his eyes trained on his two remaining opponents. They had attempted the same attack as last time, so he was able to easily avoid the incoming attack. This time instead of facing them head on or some alternate approach he leapt over the two, delivering a quick slash to the first boar as he passed over them. The two boars missed completely as Calrex landed on the other side, turning to keep himself facing them.

"Alright, if they persist this pattern then I should be able to get another shot in fairly quickly. Once that boar goes down however, I should be prepared for another change in tactics."

HP List

Calrex: 43/73

Enemies:

Raging Boar 1: 9/36

ID: 17548-17549

Battle Dice: 4

Mob Dice 1: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

Mob Dice 2: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

As the battle continued it seemed like neither side was getting an edge up on the other after Calrex's attack. The boars had decided to change tactics once again, splitting up as they tried to use a pincer attack to come at Calrex from two sides, but each time he was able to easily avoid it by either sidestepping of leaping out of the way.

"Even with the change in tactics they are still fairly predictable because of the patterns they are using. This pincer formation only really works if they are slightly off timed or simultaneous, but they're also attacking from angles I can easily see."

"You're gonna have to try harder than that to hit me."

HP List

Calrex: 43/73

Enemies:

Raging Boar 1: 9/36

ID: 17550-17551

Battle Dice: 2

Mob Dice 1: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

As if in response to Calrex's taunt the first boar seemed to suddenly accelerate and come at him from an angle just at the edge of his peripheral vision. When Calrex easily avoided the second boar charging at him he just barely had enough time to dodge the first boar as its tusk grazed the side of his armor. The light hit activated the Thorns ability, the light blue aura chains forming around the struck area before exploding into shards, pelting the creature.

Calrex gave a calming breath as his eyes kept track of the two, which were now on the same side, preparing another charge.

"Alright then, going from that pattern...got it..."

HP List

Calrex: 42/73

Enemies:

Raging Boar 1: 8/36 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 17552-17553

Battle Dice: 10 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice 1: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

Loot Dice: 12 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 15

As the boars charged at him once again Calrex was already at full speed using his <<Sprint>> ability as he quickly closed the distance between him and the boars. When he got into striking range his Grand Blade lit alight with a light blue hue as he became a blur. The boars seemed to lose track of him as they came to a sudden stop, but this provided Calrex with the perfect opportunity.

He descended from above as he impaled the boar in the top of the head, the Grand Blade sinking halfway up the blade. Immediately as his feet touched the ground he planted his stance and turned, ripping the blade out while cutting the boar's head in half. The boar immediately burst into light blue crystal shards. With that Calrex turned and faced the last boar, "Now there's just you left."

Loot List

1 Boar's Hide

Bonus Loot: 180 col (Mob Health 36 * 5)

HP List

Calrex: 42/73

Enemies:

Raging Boar 1: -2/36

ID: 17564

Battle Dice: 10 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

Calrex and the boar rushed at each other with his sword coming alight with a light blue hue. As he got into striking range Calrex gave a calming breath.

"Most likely the one remaining boar will be even more aggressive than before. I might not be able to get a better shot unless I get into a prime position."

As the boar struck into Calrex he raised his free hand, holding it out to brace against the blow. The force was enough to cause his arm to buckle slightly as the boar slammed into Calrex's chest, his arm keeping the boar from pushing through.

"Gh...shoot...utilize all tactics..."

In an instant Calrex flipped the Grand Blade into a reverse grip. As the same time his free arm pushed up, exposing the boar's belly. At the same time his sword arm came across and delivered a series of deep cuts before he stepped forward, impaling the boar through the gut before delivering a swift kick, knocking the boar away. He raised both of his arms up, the Grand Blade in line with his arm as he assumed a stance that seemed to be a blend of both his <<Martial Arts>> and his sword stance.

"That was close...I ended up having to use those techniques I looked into...although I wish that they could actually be instant kills right now..."

HP List

Calrex: 40/73

Enemies:

Raging Boar 2: 22/36 

ID: 17569

Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

Calrex and the boar rushed at each other again, charging past each other as the boar's tusk and the Grand Blade clashed with each other each time. Calrex held the blade in a reverse grip as he dashed past each time, but it seemed like neither side could get a successful blow on the other.

"It seems like I can't get past its tusks unless I use the full length of the sword. Each time it seems like the force deflects the sword just enough to keep it from hitting."

HP List

Enemies:

ID: 17570

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

As the two clashed once again it seemed like Calrex finally got an edge on the boar as the clash seemed to knock it off balance, sending it onto its side as it struggled to get to its feet. He quickly turned and he tried to exploit the window, but it seemed the rage that built up in the boar's programming script sped up its recovery process, as it was already on its feet by the time he turned around.

"Just as I suspected, the more enemies killed in the group the more enraged the remaining ones become. Alright, I'd better speed up then."

HP List

Enemies:

ID: 17571

Battle Dice: 2

Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

As Calrex sped up to try and keep up with the boar's enraged state he tried to strike and knock the boar off balance. Unfortunately as he struck the boar's new strength was enough to knock the Grand Blade out of the way as it tried to swipe at him with its tusks. As this happened Calrex quickly leapt back to get some room between him and his opponent.

"So its strength was increased as well. So I can't overpower it with a single strike then. I'll need to wear it down with some kind of pressure string...Alright, here we go then."

HP List

Enemies:

ID: 17576

Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

"Alright, a pressure string it is..."

Calrex gave a calming breath as he rushed forward, using his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly close the distance between him and the last boar. As he got into striking range he quickly unleashed a series of blows with the Grand Blade in a reverse grip, moving it in an X pattern. Each strike slammed into the boar's tusks as it wore down on its neck, slowly forcing it further and further down.

Eventually after the barrage of strikes the boar gave in to the pressure, its head tilting downwards. Right when this happened Calrex quickly delivered a powerful slash across the boar's backside, rushing by as he did.

HP List

Enemies:

Raging Boar 2: 13/36

ID: 17576

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

Immediately following his initial strike Calrex quickly continued with a barrage of slashes as he assaulted the boar with his attack, his blade flashing light blue with each strike. He finished with a powerful impaling strike like he did before, stepping to the side as he wrenched the blade out.

The boar fell on its side once again as Calrex leapt back, giving a calming breath as he twirled the Grand Blade back into a hammer grip, "Just one more strike and this will be over."

HP List

Enemies:

Raging Boar 2: 3/36

ID: 17580

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

Calrex gave a calming breath as he watched the boar get back to its feet. As it got back to its feet he rushed forward as he tried another strike at the boar, but this time the monster had enough strength to knock his strike off course. As it did the tusk managed to catch onto the Grand Blade, forcing Calrex overhead as it whipped him towards the ground.

As he was flung towards the ground he quickly placed a hand against the ground as he wrenched the Grand Blade free, pushing off the ground as he used the force of the throw to handspring and get some distance between him and monster.

"Alright, I've gotta overwhelm it again it seems."

HP List

Enemies:

ID: 17581

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

As the two combatants rushed at each other again Calrex gave a calming breath as he slammed is sword into another series of X slashes downwards, similar to what he did previously, only with his sword in a hammer grip compared to the icepick grip. Each strike came down with powerful force as the boar's strikes were knocked down and to the side.

"Keep up the pressure string and the opening will come..."

After about ten more swings the boar's head was once again knocked downwards, exposing its backside once again.

HP List

Enemies:

ID: 17582

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 10

As the boar's backside was exposed Calrex quickly took advantage as he stepped forward, unleashing a fierce stab into the boar's back, the Grand Blade piercing through to the handle. He quickly made a full 360 rotation as he wrenched the sword out of the boar, planting his stance as he retrieved the Grand Blade. As he saw the boar's health fully disappear he twirled his sword into a reverse grip as he sheathed it back into his sheath, giving a calming breath, "Alright, that's the last one. Let's get back to the third floor..."

Loot List

1 Boar's Hide

HP List

Enemies:

Raging Boar 2: -7/36 (+1 Thorns)

It was starting to become mid-afternoon as Calrex arrived back on the third floor, giving a small sigh. He made a few swipes on his menu as he switched out the Grand Chariot armor for his casual combat clothing, "Alright, with the four hides all I need to do is head back to the shop and present this to Hanna and she'll be able to make the armor I requested."

"Well, not like I'm going to be using it, but I'm sure someone in the guild will be able to make good use of this."

After walking some time he arrived back at the River Iron Works Smithing shop, stepping through the doorway.

"Well you're back! 'Bout time!"

"I'm, sorry for the delay."

"Griswold don't pester the boy. Welcome back, did you bring the materials I requested?"

Calrex gave a nod as he swiped on his menu, retrieving the four Boar's Hides and presenting them to Hanna.

"Ah these are fine hides! Alright just wait right here and I'll be back with your armor!"

"Sure, thank you very much!"

As Calrex stood to the side Griswold gave a grunt as he went back to working the forge, pulling out red hot blocks of metal and bringing them to the anvil, slamming them into various shapes with the hammer before quenching them in a nearby basin of water. This process seemed to repeat over and over again before Hanna reemerged from the back of the shop with a completed piece of leather armor.

"Here you go my dear!"

"Wow that was fast! Thank you very much!"

"You need anything else boy?"

"Um...no that will be all sir. Thank you both for all of your help."

"Hm...come again..."

"Do come again dear!"

Calrex gave a nod of thanks as he exited the shop with the new armor in his inventory, giving a friendly smile as he went towards the teleportation gate, "Alright, with that done maybe I can see if Teayre is up to anything. Maybe we can stop by the Starlight Cafe to grab something before heading back to her shop."

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • Quest Complete:
    • 1 SP
    • Leather Armor: (+1 EVA)
  • 1 Page Complete (400 col)
  • Bonus Loot:
    • 180 col (Raging Boar 3 / LD 18)
    • 180 col (Raging Boar 1 / LD 15)