[SP:F1] Striking the Iron <<Earning a Living>> (COMPLETED!)

*Ring*

A bell went off as Dante stepped into the appealing looking smith-shop that had caught his eye while walking through Starting City. The store seemed empty however, but there were many fine weapons and armors that lay about in glass cases and hanging from the walls on display, each with neatly marked price tags dwindling from them.

"Oh cool.." Dante whispered as he examined the incredible craftsmanship of the smithy.

He turned around and began to walk towards the other side of the shop as his face collided with something. Hm, squishy, big, seems heavy Dante though to himself as he pulled his face out what appeared to be a stomach. Dante nervously showed teeth as his face blushed and looked up, up, and kept looking up.

A chubby somewhat-elderly bearded man stood looking down on him with a not so happy facial expression. The man stood about 6'8 and undoubtedly weighed two-hundred and a half pounds.

Just my luck, Dante thought.

"I'm so sorry sir, I'll watch where I'm going!"

As smith:

The big man scratched his beard with a snarl on his face. He raised his hand to take something out, then reached into his oversized apron that seemed to be holding a variety of items for the art of smithing.

His hand pulled out a folded piece of paper as he crossed his arms.

Suddenly the mood changed, the big man smiled and laughed. "Oh don't worry m'lad. Twas' but an honest mistake, Am not the hardest target to miss, I am!" the giant said jokingly to the young boy as he uncrossed his arms and began messing with the paper between his gigantic fingers.

"Phew, I was nervous for a minute there!" Dante said as he scratched his head, blushing with a little bit of an awkward smile surfacing. He reached out his hand in companionship to the man. "Hi, I'm Dante, what's that you got there?" he inquired pointing to the paper locked between the big man's giant claws.

Being a smith would be so cool, Dante thought to himself as he looked around and continued to admire all the incredible displays laid out inside the store, as he appreciated the work and hoped to be able to make stuff like this one day.

As smith:

"M'name is Smitty, m'game is smithin'!" he let out with a bellow and smiled, showing his unclean teeth which were often missing in various cavities of his mouth. "This be a list'o supplies that I need m'lad, you look like an adventure, you do!" Smitty addressed Dante as he leaned in closer to the boy examining him further more, "Why the spear was a dead giveaway! HA!"

Smitty preceded to calm himself back down and leaned away from the uncomfortable seeming boy. He could tell the young man was admiring his work as he looked around the store with a twinkle in his eye, so he decided to make him an offer.

"Tell ye' what, if you gather these supplies fer' me, I'll help ye' on'yer way to becomin' a smithy just like me, how about that boy?" Smithy asked with a grin.

Dante let out a gigantic smile that crawled across his face, "No way! Really? Of course I'll do it!" he said as he snatched the list out of Smitty's oversized clampers. He looked down and began to read the list out loud.

• 0/1 Boar Hide
  • 0/2 Iron Ore
  • 0/1 Copper Ore

He glanced back up at the man and nodded in acceptance.

As smith:

"Well get going then boy, I don't have all day ya'see!" he exclaimed jokingly encouraging Dante to hurry back with his materials so he could continue his work. "The boars are found in the fields, but I reckon ye' knew that already; and the ore can be harvested simply and peacef'ly from the rocks out in the field as well, as they're just low level ores." He put his hands together and nodded after he finished what he had to say. He then turned with a wave and walked into the back of his shop through the open door, which was home to a forge and various other high level works that Smithy must have completed.

Dante turned away with a wave and headed out the door, he was ready to start gathering his materials and making progress to becoming a Beginner Blacksmith. "Okay, so first up should be the boar to get that out of the way." Dante declared out loud to himself as he walked with the list of materials open in his hand. He made his was towards the exit of starting city and towards the entrance to the boar-infested fields in which he would be able to collect the necessary items he required to make it back to Smitty and conclude his quest.

He entered the field and surveyed the area for where to do his hunting. He spotted a bunch of clustered rocks with a boar sleeping in the middle of them. Dante decided that would be a good place to do his gathering as he could quickly get the Boar Hide as well as working on gathering the ore after he killed the beast. While walking down towards the cluster, he started equipping his combat gear and unsheathing his weapon, preparing to deal with the sleeping beast that hopefully wouldn't cause him any problems. Either luck would be on his side or it wouldn't.

Dante approached the sleeping animal and prepared to strike, he planted his feet firmly in the grass beneath his toes, and began to charge. The boar opened it's eyes promptly and stood up ready for combat. Dante jumped off a rock and prepared to bash it down with a forceful blow.

ID: 16982

BD: 6

2Dmg

MD: 6

1Dmg

They each hit eachother as Dante leaped from above it down onto the boars head, but Dante got the best of him causing a little more pain to the angrily awoken mob.

Dante 14/15

Boar 6/8

They both got to their balances and faced off yet again. Dante looked into the beast's mindless gaze and got ready to jab once the boar charged him. The tusked little creature ran with it's head down towards Dante hoping to bury one of it's horns into his side.

ID: 16983

BD: 9 (crit)

3Dmg

MD:8

1Dmg

The charging boar didn't see where it was going as it ran directly into Dante's jab. However, the strong boar also slammed into Dante as the two collided into eachother once again.

Dante 13/15

Boar 3/8

The creature was getting angry as it prepared its weakened charge once more. Dante was getting confident with himself after landing numerous blows and felt he could not be bested at this point. He lazily readied his lance as it moved towards him and they both prepared their strikes.

ID: 16984

BD: 8

2Dmg

MD:10 (super crit)

3Dmg

The mob slammed into him knocking him off his feet, but luckily he hit it as well as the two went down from the momentum.

Dante 10/15

Boar: 1/8

Both the boar and Dante were still rolling around on the ground trying to harm eachother, but they weren't seeming to hurt eachother much from their dogpile and weak swings against one another. Dante punched and the boar headbutted as they both missed their attacks and ended up face first on the ground yet another time.

ID:16985

BD:1

MD:1

Dante 10/15

Boar 1/8

They both stood up, thinking about attacking eachother but not really bothering as the tussle on the grass tired them both out a little bit. They each prepared to attack eachother slowly and missed one another once again as the boar flew past Dante offbalanced and Dante's spear came crashing down on the ground without landing a hit.

ID:16986

BD:5

MD:2

Dante 10/15

Boar 1/8

Finally, they both seemed to regain their energy a little, and prepared to do a real attempt towards an attack at one another. Dante pulled back his spear and yelled his signature phrase, "You're mine!" he preceded to slam his spear down the spine of the weak boar as blue pixels went everywhere. "Phew, I'm exhausted" Dante said as he patted himself on the back for defeating the boar and gathering the hide.

ID: 16987

BD:9 (crit)

3Dmg

LD:5

Dante 10/15

Boar -2/8

+1 Mat

He pulled out his list and made the necessary changes to it, marking off the Boar hide which he had just obtained.

• 1/1 Boar Hide
  • 0/2 Iron Ore
  • 0/1 Copper Ore

"Okay! Time for some mining!" he said out loud once again as he began to walk over to the little quarry of rocks in hope to find the materials he was going to need quickly.

Dante walked over to the rocks and was a little confused as he had no previous knowledge searching for ores. It couldn't be that hard though, after all he did know what they looked like once he saw them.

The bright sun glimmered on something that caught his eye as he turned and looked down, there was a chunk of copper ore sitting in the side of a rock waiting to be harvested. He began to work on dislodging the copper and pulling out his note from Smitty to make his necessary changes.

ID:16989

LD:17

+1 Mat

He moved away after gathering the ore and marked it off.

• 1/1 Boar Hide
  • 0/2 Iron Ore
  • 1/1 Copper Ore

He began to search again for more ore but wasn't having much luck. He preceded to walk around and carefully inspect each rock hoping that the sun's gaze would reveal another patch of ore to him.

ID:16990

LD:6

Dante looked around once more and sweeped over the rocks he had passed. Something caught his eye once more, a chunk of iron he had missed on his first walk across the quarry. He began to excavate the rock and preceded to pull out his list once more to mark off what he had already gathered in search of that last chunk of iron that would conclude his beginning assignment for smithing.

ID:16991

LD: 16

+1 Mat

He pulled the folded up piece of paper from his pocket and filled in the spot that indicated he had gathered one of the required two iron ore, then kept searching the area for the last bit he was going to need. No luck however as he continued to carefully look at each of the individual rocks carefully. He was growing tired as the bright sun glared down into his eyes in the open field where his ongoing search for materials continued.

• 1/1 Boar Hide
  • 1/2 Iron Ore
  • 1/1 Copper Ore

ID:16992

LD:11

Again, with a swivel of his head he sweeped the open junction of big rocks and hoped to find the final clump of iron so he could head back to the smithy. He was so excited that the patience was more of a problem then actually doing the hardwork. He couldn't wait to get back and start his goal in SAO to equip members of the front lines with the finest weapons and armor that Aincrad had ever seen.

Finally, a piece of iron caught his eye as he walked over to where it lay and began the process of removing it from the massive rock buried into the ground. After finally removing the last necessary material, he began to gather his belongings and headed back to the blacksmith. While walking, he removed his list from his pocket once more and marked off the completed duties.

ID: 16993

LD:20

+1 Mat