PP - F3 Grab Them Mats! (7th Day of Hunting/Gathering) (Reusririausuir)

ID: 17769

Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 17

Calrex watched at Reu hoisted himself up into the tree, "Dang, Reu really does perform some impressive feats of strength, even without the Athletics skill. He really must have been in shape even before this game, heh."

However, Calrex's original impression was broken when the branch Reu was standing on snapped, sending the large man back down to earth. He couldn't help but give a small laugh as he nodded, "Yeah, definitely nice work."

As he walked over he noticed that another fruit had become loose from Reu's performance. Giving a quick calming breath he launched himself upwards up the trunk of the tree using his <<Acrobatics>> skill before kicking off, snatching the fruit as he flew by before landing back on the ground, "Huh this one was pretty easy to get. I guess it got loosened by your attempt. Thanks!"

He spoke in a light-hearted tone as he added the fruit to his inventory, "At the least we're definitely having more luck out here compared to in the forest."

Total: 7 (Calrex 3 / Reusririausuir 4)

Danger Level:

Calrex: 1/3

Reusririausuir: 1/3

"Yes, it seems we are."

Taking a long look around, Reu made his way to the nearby stream. Kneeling down, I took a long drink from its crystal blue waters.

"This would be an excellent stream to fish from." I quietly said whilst nonchalantly pulling up my map and marking its location. Looking back over the field of flowers, it was a sea of colors. Mostly yellow, but the occasional patches of white, blue, or purple were visible. The floor was quite peaceful. The background music was...comforting. Looking back down at the stream, Reu searched the riverbed finding valuable crafting stones. Adding them to his inventory, he stood back up and turned to Calrex

"Once we break through to the next series of floors we'll have to go on a raid. Maybe we can get some others to join us. It'll be dangerous that close to the front-lines, but the rewards should pay off..."

"I'm excited to see the next series of floors, we've been stuck on One through Ten for a long time. Aincrad is such a beautiful and interesting place, each floor is different from the last; as soon as we reach a new floor, I'm wondering, what's next, what else does this game have in store for us.."

ID 18112 LD 26 (20 + 2 Lucky Trinket + 2 Search + 2 Item Bonus)

Total: 8 (Calrex 3 / Reusririausuir 5)

Danger Level:

ID: 18116

Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 21

As the duo arrived at the stream Calrex nodded at Reu's suggestion, "That would definitely be something interesting to do. Of course will make preparations beforehand to ensure we don't get ourselves in over our heads."

As he looked around Calrex saw a reflective surface in the stream, finding another stone similar to Reu's a couple of paces down.

"I'm interested to see what comes with them too, especially if anything mechanics wise will become unlocked as well. I hope we're not going to have to go through the rest of the floors with just the skills we have. Even with maximized skills I don't think we'd fair very well in the much higher floors."

Total: 9 (Calrex 4 / Reusririausuir 5)

Danger Level:

"True, our biggest saving grace has been that the game doesn't skimp on health. More times then I can count, health is what kept me alive. That and my Combat Healing ability." The same combat healing ability that is due for another rank soon, Reu silently thought to himself. It seems like real levels of effectiveness require one rank level every 15 or so levels with that skill, expensive to maintain with other skills that need boosting.

"At the same time, I'm still hurting in the damage dealing department, if I had more ranks in my Straight Sword skill, I'd be more comfortable signing up on boss fights, but as it is, I have to sit back and watch them go without me. Hopefully by the 11th floor boss, hopefully I'll be ready."

"Of course I might not go with straight sword. I've been playing with different build options. When we first started I knew I would be adventuring alone much of the time so I built an independent adventurer's build, but lately I've been re-thinking some gear set-ups seeing if I can switch certain pieces of equipment out for specific raids or when I get to boss battles. One of the things I've thought about is switching to a two-handed battle axe. I don't know though, lots to consider haha."

Stopping to check the moss on a growing boulder, Reu was excited to see the vine-like material was. Adding it to his inventory,  Reu cast his eyes up at the falling sun. "We'll need to call it a day soon, I'm starving hahaha."

ID 18343 LD 19

Total: 10 (Calrex 4 / Reusririausuir 6)

Danger Level:

ID: 18344

Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 12

"Yeah, no kidding on the health. It seems like I've been able to take on more challenging quests now without having to worry about dying because of how much health I have."

"Well, I've gotta give credit to my heavy armor skill and Oikawa's Grand Chariot armor. This thing has taken so much damage and held strong. If this were real life it would have been unusable by maybe the third or forth adventure I've been on."

As he scanned around he thought he found another stone nearby, but it turned out to just be a simple riverstone that wasn't of any use. He dropped it back into the lake as he continued looking around, "Same here. Originally I was thinking about going for high damage and evasion, kind of like a glass cannon, but after working with some many people going down the same route I ended up switching out to be a little more of a bruiser, one that can take hits and deal out just as much in kind. It seems to have served me well so far. I'm just glad I found out early so that I didn't get stuck in a weird inbetween."

As Reu made note of the time Calrex nodded in agreement, "Let's go ahead and give a couple more minutes, then we'll get started making our way back."

Total: 10 (Calrex 4 / Reusririausuir 6)

Danger Level: 

Fishing back into the stream, Reu pulled out a handful of stones. Sifting through them, he finally held up an aquamarine stone which glinted in the evening sun. "Looks like I found another of these stones. I wonder if Mari of Zandra will be willing to purchase them. Cal, it doesn't look like you're having very much luck today! You need to get on your game haha. Where we head too next is your call, I'll leave the decision up to you."

ID 18386 LD 20 (14 + 2 Lucky Trinket + 2 Search + 2 Item Bonus)

Total: 11 (Calrex 4 / Reusririausuir 7)

Danger Level:

ID: 18388

Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 10

"Yeah I know! I was doing well for a while, then all of a sudden I can't seem to find any more materials. I might need to start stocking up on those fish of yours to better my chances."

Calrex spoke in a lighthearted tone as he combed around the bank of the river. There was a stone that seemed possibly useful, but upon further inspection turned out to be yet another riverstone. He gave a sigh as he hurled it back into the river as he looked around, "Hm...let's head a little further along. I think this river eventually leads to a nearby field. We might be able to find something there."

Total: 11 (Calrex 4 / Reusririausuir 7)

Danger Level:

"Sounds good. Let's go thaddaway!" Reu exclaimed jubilantly. The pair slowly made their way, following the windy river. Stopping to double-check the map several times, Reu was glad to see that this floor had been mapped out extensively by now. Not only did it make it pretty easy to not get lost, but other players had included data on the map indicating material drop points, or monster spawn points, as-well as other useful information. Walking through the river reeds, Reu stopped and examined their type.

"See this? It's called Arundo Donax; they are reeds used in making musical instruments. Both here in Aincrad and in real life. The level of detail in this virtual world is amazing. See, not many people actually know that some of the reeds are collectible, and even then they think it's mostly used in alchemy, but not Arundo, Arundo is best sold back to the performers who know they need the stuff. It creates a higher quality woodwind instrument, and they'll pay a premium for it; but, because you can't tell what materials were used in a craft, not too many of them know to use the stuff. The ones I know of that are aware of its uses, are keeping it on the down-low right now."

ID 18406 LD 24 (18 + 2 Trinket + 2 Search + 2 Item Bonus)

Total: 12 (Calrex 4 / Reusririausuir 8)

Danger Level:

ID: 18430

Loot Dice: 13 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 16

As Reu showed him the quality of the reeds they had stumbled upon Calrex nodded as he took in the information, "Arundo Donax? They certainly have an interesting name. In any case I'd better make note of these in case any performers might be in need of some materials. Thanks for the tidbit Reu, I probably would have passed these by if I didn't know about that."

With that Calrex picked a couple of the reeds, taking note that his teammate mentioned they were also useful for alchemy, thinking that in case Mari ever was in need of more materials he could probably add these to the other potential items needed.

"I haven't actually done a gathering trip on this floor before, so I'm fairly sure Reu might be more familiar with this area's materials than I am. The first and second floors I've got down pat, but higher than that everything is still new to me."

Total: 13 (Calrex 5 / Reusririausuir 8)

Danger Level:

Continuing on down the river-bed, I quickly hopped down into the mud. Feeling the soil squish beneath my feet, I took a deep, long smell of the river-bed around me. It smelled...wet, and something else, something distinct but hard to describe. Petrichor. The term for the scent after a rainfall. Clearly, it's rained here recently.

"I grew up in America Calrex, that's obvious but, I grew up in the American south. Sweet tea, pecan pie, where the peaches grow. And a little bit of chicken-fried, that's home you know. Right here in the mud, this is no different then how I spent a few saturday mornings when I was younger. I might hate the elves on this floor, but there are things that remind me of home here."

"You know, speaking of chicken-fried, this is the ONLY floor we've found so far where you can get chicken-fried steak with a side of asparagus? Or well...it tastes like asparagus, I think it's something else here, diondis or something it was called. It's in that little restauran-te shop-pe outside Delilah Village, the one off the main road."

"It's not my favorite meal in Aincrad, but it has to be top 5 with the asparagus-esque food. What's been your favorite meal and place to eat here in Aincrad?"

Total: 13 (Calrex 5 / Reusririausuir 8)

Danger Level:

ID: 18557

Loot Dice: 13 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 16

"Huh, I'll definitely need to check that place out, it sounds like a neat spot to grab something to eat. I haven't really tried a lot of the restaurants, but the main one I remember is a place called the Prancing Cow on the first floor. It's a little more of a classy place, well suited for going on a date and stuff like that, especially because of the atmosphere. But the food there is delicious. I went there with my fiancee when we were first going out and got a goulash and a peppered steak. Both were delicious."

As the two kept walking Calrex made note of a particular material growing on the side of the riverbank, walking over to inspect it. It seemed like some strange kind of fungus. He inspected it before adding it to his inventory.

"Another one is on the fourth floor, but unfortunately I can't recall the name of it. I went there recently, so if I see it again I'll be sure to let you know. They had a lot of things that mimicked Italian food, which was quite good as well."

Total: 14 (Calrex 6 / Reusririausuir 8)

Danger Level:

"Interesting. We'll have to grab a meal then. I'm sure there are lots of places in Aincrad that we haven't eaten at yet." Letting the thought go, I stopped and peered down at the stream next to me. Kneeling, I took a long drink from it's cool water. The good thing about the 3rd Floor, is that the water was plentiful enough to where you could pack light if you were going on simple hunting raids in the fields.

Speaking of fields, I thought to myself while peering at the field we were about to enter. Ahead of us stood a field of daffodils, in full bloom this time of year. They were bright yellow, with orange centers. Peacefully, I walked into the field and felt the breeze around me, enjoying the cool evening air.

Spying an odd set of flowers, I bent over and plucked one. Adding it to my inventory, I looked back out over the field.

"It's nice here."

ID 18871 LD 18 (12 + 2 Trinket + 2 Search + 2 Item Bonus)

Total: 15 (Calrex 6 / Reusririausuir 9)

Danger Level:

ID: 18877

Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 7

As Calrex watched Reu refresh himself and take a temporary break in the nearby flower field his eyes scanned around for anything that might be useful. Seeing his teammate pick one of the daffodils from the field Calrex reached down and plucked one himself. Unfortunately upon further inspection he saw that it was infested with the game's equivalent of aphids, which had leave giant holes in the petals of the flower. He tossed it aside as he looked around some more, "It is a fairly nice place. There's definitely a lot of area like this through all of the floors, well, at least for every floor up to the tenth.

Total: 15 (Calrex 6 / Reusririausuir 9)

Danger Level: