[PP-F1] Finding his Song <<Earning a Living>> (Skylar) {Complete}

He wandered the streets of Starting City as he always did, looking for things to buy, or for some new friends to party up with. However, what had really been on his mind a lot lately was finding a profession. Jomei had overheard a lot of other players talking about different jobs they have found, some smithing weapons, others cooking food, and a lot more. None of the ones he had heard of interested him that much though. He was okay with the clothes he had, and was no chef in the outside world, so he wanted to avoid burning down any in game houses with that ((despite how easy it may actually be))

He let out a heavy sigh. "Maybe o'Im better off not finding a job here, and just earning money the hard way."

With that, he decided to take a seat down in the pub he usually hung out in the get ideas, when he noticed something different. There was a man, drawing a lot of attention in the far corner of the bar. He was holding some sort of string instrument and playing it for the other players. Thats when it hit him. He wanted to become a musician. He quickly ran back out the door to find where he could acquire the skills to do so.

Skylar was in Starting just going down memory lane,with Rutta moving at his heels. Up a head Jomei was running away from a bar. Skylar ran to see what they guy was up too. "Hey Jomei, wait up!" Skylar shouted at the moving figure.

Jomei seemed intent on getting away from him, or maybe not paying him any attention at all. Skylar wondered what could be making Jomei move so fast. Did he discover a new dungeon? A new boss? Or maybe he was late for a date. Skylar decided he would follow Jomei until he could figure out what was up.

"Hey Jomei, wait up!"

He looked back when he heard someone calling his name. Who would know my name here? he wondered. He hadn't thought he had made any lasting impressions on anyone in this world yet. He stopped running to meet with the one who called his name. 

"Hey there."

He looked the other player in the face, he thought he recognized him, but couldn't place it.

"o'I don't mean to sound rude but.. have we met before..?"

He may have know the man from somewhere, but his mind was in such a jumble from trying to find the NPC to start his quest on finding a profession, that it completely slipped his mind. He scratched the back of his head. 

Skylar was slightly taken aback. Someone actually forgot his face! "Well we met a while back in a forest. The details are kind of fuzzy but I hardly ever forget names or faces!" Skylar never forgot people easily. Events maybe but not the people there.

"If you need help with anything, I will be glad to help. Maybe this time you could actually remember me."

A bead of sweat trickled down his cheek as he let out a nervous laugh. Jomei then looked down and saw the small white Leopard walking in between the man's legs. It quickly hit him then.

"Oh! Skylar! o'Im sorry about that, lad." He let out another of his nervous laughs but with a sincere smile.

"My mind is just in other places right now."

He thought for a moment on his words "If you need help with anything, I will be glad to help." 

"Now that you mention it, o'I could use a little help. Ye see, o'Im looking into starting a profession. A musician at that. Any idea where one could find the quest to start that off?"

He looked around after stating that, looking for any other musicians in case Skylar did not have the answer, or if he could spot the NPC nearby.

"Now that you mention it, o'I could use a little help. Ye see, o'Im looking into starting a profession. A musician at that. Any idea where one could find the quest to start that off?" Skylar smiled when he heard Jomei say this.

"So you want to steal my customer?" He knew he really did not care about that as he really just played music because he liked too. Skylar laughed to let Jomei know he was kidding. "Here follow me." Skylar led Jomei to the dilapidated music hall that he started off at."Just walk in and talk to that old grouch of an NPC guy. He will give you your quest and tell you what to gather."

Skylar smiled and waited for Jomei to go in, talk, and come right back out. It would be great to have a musical friend.

Jomei smiled back and nodded. 

"Thank ya kindly" he said, as he walked forward into the music hall. 

He found himself looking around the room, different instruments strung up on the walls. He thought about what type of instrument he would like to play. Jomei finally found himself nearing an older looking man. He looked like the man he needed to talk to, but the look on the NPC's face looked as if he had things better to do.. despite this being the ONLY thing he needed to do.

"Hm? Yes. What do you want?" The NPC said to him.

"Hello there." Jomei said with a smile. And then his voice sounded much more confident. "o'Im looking to become a musician, and I heard this is where I can get the quest for that."

"Ah, another one I see. Alright then. Lets see what you can do."

There was a moment of silence, as Jomei was confused.

"Well.. you do have an instrument, don't you?"

"N..no sir.. like o'I said.. I want to become one."

"Hmph.. Well in that case, here." 

A small box popped up in front of Jomei, prompting him to accept the quest the NPC gave to him. He accepted it with a smile:

Building Your First Instrument

Gather:

> 3 x Wood

Bring the materials back to the quest marker.

"Go bring that stuff back here and ill see what I can make you" The grumpy man said with a pout.

"Ah, thank you, sir!" Jomei said with a nod.

He walked back out of the room to where his friend was waiting.

"Sorry that took awhile. Looks like I need to go gather some wood to make an instrument." 

Skylar was slightly taken back.

Wood. Wood. That's all the grumpy old bastard wanted. Makes me want to go in there an head butt him.

"Well that was nice of him to only give you wood to find. When I first started I had to gather wood, some vines, and a rock. The hard part was finding the rock believe it or not. As for the wood" Skylar pointed to the forest  on the other side of the boar field. "You can easily get that in the Forest on that side."

Skylar slowly made his was around Jomei. "The closest way is through the boar filed. I suggest you be careful because the boar king can be a pain to beat"

Jomei wondered about Skylar's quest. Why would he really need a rock? He shook off the thought and was just thankful he was only asking for wood to start off. Maybe the grouch was starting to make things easier for those looking to follow the musical career. 

As they walked through town, towards the outskirts of town, Skylar told him about where the forest was, and about the boar king. 

"Well, o'Im no expert in combat just yet.. But o'I guess this could probably be a good bit of practice if we run into anything." He punched his open palm with a look of confidence. 

Now on the outskirts of town:

"Okay, lets try and make our way to the forest.. Maybe we will get lucky and avoid any conflict."

((The perma roller website is blocked here at my job, damn school wifis, so you'll have to trust me on using the quick rolls))

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (mob) dice. 

[im doing this on a scale: 

1-3 Nothing

4-6 Baby Boar

7-9 Regular Boar

10  King Boar ]

Just as Jomei said that, a boar had taken notice of the group, and started to charge towards them.

"Gah. Spoke too soon" He said as he drew his rapier. 

HP:

Jomei: 13/13 (Hate:0)

Skylar: 38/38 (Hate:0)

Boar: 12/12 

Skylar took one look at the Boar and Jomei's equipment. "Hold on one sec you will not last long in this game with those items. I thought about you before so luckily I went by the forge and picked up some items for you." Skylar reached into his bag and pulled out Summerthorn and Summertime Blaze. "Here!" He handed the items to Jomei.

Skylar was turned around the entire time and did not pay the boar any attention. It was small and Skylar could end it with a kick. That did not stop it from butting Skylar in the back. The thorns on Rose Quartz damaged it back so Skylar really did not care.

-1 Summerthorn (+2 DMG/+1 ACC))

-1 Summertime Blaze(+1 DMG MIT/+1 THRNS)

HP:

Skylar: 38/40 (Hate:0)

Boar: 10/12

((Take a turn to take and adjust your weapons. Here is the link to the Rapier info))

A screen popped up in front of Jomei, just as the boar reached Skylar. He accepted the transaction and nodded. He jumped back to keep distance from the boar. He reopened his inventory and scrolled down to his new additions. He noticed he got both a shield and a rapier.
Hm... not much of a shield user..but o'I might need it.. He said to himself.

He quickly equipped both items. 

His old rapier, which looked like a simple fencer's weapon, was now replaced with one that was much more ornate, and sharper.

He looked in his other hand, which was once open, but now he held a small orange and red buckler, he noticed heat coming from the face of the shield. He grinned at his new set up, and bashed his new sword against his shield. 

+1 Summerthorn (+2 DMG/+1 ACC))

+1 Summertime Blaze(+1 DMG MIT/+1 THRNS)

New Stats:

DMG: 1(+2) = 3

ACC: 0 (+1) = 1

DMG MIT: 0 (+1) = 1

THRNS: 0(+1) = 1

BOAR

The small beast stumbled a little bit after being kicked in the snout by Skylar. Luckily for him, it had knocked the player back a bit. It shook its head from side to side to regain his focus, and looked straight at the one who kicked him. He let out a loud squeal as he charged for Skylar once again. As the boar closed in on Skylar, he leapt up to about abdomen height and tackled Skylar in the stomach.

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (mob) dice.

DMG: 1 (+1) = 2

HP:

Skylar: 36/40 (Hate:0)

Boar: 10/12

Skylar was not even bothered by the runt that was repeatedly banging into him. Even Rutta stopped to take a nap until the battle was over. The only thing that did seem to get annoyed was Rose. After the boar leap and tackled him in the stomach. Skylar brought his shield down punching the boar. The shield shot electric sparks paralyzing the poor thing where it stood.

Skylar decided to put it out of it's misery.

ID: 17467

BD: 7

CD: 11

Skylar simply stepped forward and kicked it. His battle healing kicked in and he healed. The boar was unable to move and badly beaten. "Hey Jomei why don't you test out your new weapon and go for the kill."

HP:

Skylar: 37/40 (Hate:0)

Boar: 4/12

((You are not stupid mistakes happen all the time! ^_^))

Jomei looked as Skylar simply kicked the beast around, almost felt bad for how weak of an enemy it was. Guess he had nothing to worry about so much about taking on these mobs.

He chuckled as Skylar knocked the boar's health into the red and paralyzed it. "Hah, making it easy for me?"

Jomei lifted up his sword, the tip of the blade pointing towards the boar, and he placed his shield in front of his body.

"Hyaaah!" Jomei yelled out as he took off, charging towards the sitting duck of a boar. His rapier began to glow a fiery orange as he made contact with the boar, striking it swiftly, multiple times as he passed by it. He span on his heels and sheathed his sword with a grin, all as the boar diminished into data.

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (mob) dice.

DMG: 3 (+1 crit) = 4 ((couldn't have asked for a more perfect roll))

"Oya!" Jomei yelled out as he turned around to see the boar had been defeated. 

He didn't want to admit it, but it was actually his first kill in the game. He avoided going out into the fields ever since he becomes stuck in this world. 

After celebrating his kill, another small box popped up in front of him, telling him his spoils of the battle. 

He looked over the list, excited that he finally made some Col the nitty-gritty way.

• Rolled a 14 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Loot: 

> 60 col (30 each)

Jomei made sure to split to Col both ways for the fight. 

"Thank you Skylar, for these." He gestures to the sword and shield. "I probably would not have lived long if I didn't get my hands on some new gear." He looked up and pointed towards the forest, which they were much closer too. "Now, lets get to the forest and finish this quest." 

Skylar whistled to wake Rutta.

"Time to get a move on boy" The leopard rose and moved towards his master.

"So in the forest we look for tree's to cut down. Then we run the cut program" Skylar moved to the closest tree.

ID: 17575  LD: 17+3= 20

"Like this" He ran the tree cut program the tree was in perfect condition and wood was given. Skylar handed it to Jomei. "Now you try we need three more"

1/3 Wood

Jomei accepted the transaction of the wood. "Thanks." 

He walked up to a tree which he felt was in prime condition, and poked at the air in front of it, opening up a small box asking if he wanted to attempt to gather for wood.

LD: 17 Success!

> You gather 1 Wood

"Alright! This doesn't seem so bad" Jomei said as he placed the 2nd wood material in his inventory." Now I just need to get one more."

He went to gather wood again from the same tree, but saw that he had exhausted its resources, so he found another suitable tree not far from it.

LD: 8 Fail..

>You fail to gather any materials.

Jomei sighed. "I spoke too soon"

Materials: 2/3 Wood

It was pretty fun to hang out with this kid. He is a natural at everything. I am even glad the items fit him. Seeing as how the kid reminds me of a younger version of myself.

Still the earning the living quest was not as bad with the young whippersnapper. 

"So let's get the last piece you need. Then we can do some more training if you like."

Skylar went up to a tree he chose at random. The menu for harvesting popped up and Skylar clicked wood. 

ID: 17661  LD: 7+3=10 (Fail)

The wood was rotted out pm the inside and Skylar was unable to harvest it.

Skylar turned back to Jomei. "You can gather the last piece you seem pretty capable."

Materials: 2/3 Wood

Jomei chuckled and nodded. He was really starting to get the hang of this world. He thought maybe he would make a living and get out alive.

He turned around to the first tree he could find. "Hopefully this one will.." He started as he activated the cut program on the tree.

ID: 17666

LD: 11 Fail

But it was a fail. "Ugh.."

He looked around to find what he thought was the perfect tree. 

He pointed one out and started to walk towards it.

As he stepped up to the tree, he said to himself. "Luck o' the o'Irish be with me," emphasizing his own accent.

He activated the cut program on the tree again.

ID: 17668

LD:12 Fail

"Y..Youve got to be kidding me." He said as he slouched over and sighed.

It is amusing to watch Jomei try so hard. He reminds me of a younger version of myself.Still I should finish this up before he wishes to kill me.

"That is a pretty cool accent!" Skylar said as he moved to the tree Jomei was at.

He opened up the wood cute program. "Now let me try, the wood cutting that is. Not really good at voice mimicking."

ID: 17752

LD: 20

The tree program ran and Skylar received the notice of a material gain.

"Well this was the last one you needed so here." Skylar opened his menu to send the material. "We should be getting back to the music hall so you can turn the materials and get your profession. I hope you make a goof fellow musician"

Skylar believed he could do it. People with bright personalities tend to make better music.

Materials: 3/3 Wood