[SP- F1] Making Ends Meet

Jomei simply smiled and shook his head. She understood. He truly had moved on from her. 

"It honestly took me this long to get over it.. not forgiving myself for not trying to win you back.. the sleepless nights thinking about what I had done wrong. They're finally all gone." He stood up off of the wall and turned to look at her. "What had happened will leave a permanent scar here, I cannot lie." he touched his finger to his heart. "But the pain from that scar is gone, and thats all that matters."

He shook his head again. "Despite the fun times we had all those years ago, lets not try to rekindle something that has been dead and buried."

Inside, she fought to hold off tears. She fought really hard. But she kept her composure and nodded, wiping the few tears that had escaped from her eyes. She smiled. "Lets go back to being friends though." Jomei held out his hand towards her.

This took her by surprise again. She was expecting him to ask her to stay out of his life. This offer of rekindling their friendship really meant a lot to the both of them. She took his hand softly and smiled. "Alright, friends it is."

They exchanged smiles. They heard a moan come from Yahiko.

"Oh yeah...what should we do about-" "Leave him." The two laughed.

They decided it was time to part ways again, this time under better circumstances. Reina began to walk towards the town before turning around one more time to see Jomei walking the opposite way with a confident stride. She smiled to herself and held her hands to her heart, before turning back around herself and continuing her walk. 

Jomei finally felt truly free from all of this. He thought the duel itself would be enough to give him closure, but the talk with Reina is what really did it. He let out a sigh of relief and put his hands behind his head. It really had been a long and productive day. 

The sun was setting now at this point, which meant it was time for Jomei to turn in for the night. 

He headed towards the inn he was staying at. 

((Thread complete))

+400 col

+ 1 SP