[PP - F5] Gonna need a bigger boat <<Blood in The Sand>> (Skylar, Ahti) {COMPLETE}

Jomei was sitting on a bench outside of the usual pub he hangs out at on the first floor. He was strumming his lute happily, watching as the passerby's walked the streets of Starter City. He felt, however, like he was in need of some excitement. A small party of three players walked by him, and stopped next to the bench. They began talking to eachother briefly before one of them pointed towards Jomei and the group turned to him. He stopped playing his lute, looked to the group and smirked. "What can o'I do for you guys?" 

"You seem like you know how to handle yourself... We need your help."

Jomei cocked his head slightly and stood up to meet with the group. He strung his lute to his side and crossed his arms. 

The group of players nervously told Jomei about a quest they were just attempting. It was on the 5th floor, and in the desert. There was a strong respawning floor boss that needed to be killed. The way they talked, sounded as if they were about to explore some haunted mansion. He grinned and gave them a thumbs up. "You can count on me." They quickly invited him to a party and explained their plan.

It was about an hour later. The group told Jomei they needed to go repair their gear and get some items to bring on the trip, and that they would meet him in the teleportation plaza at the said time. He looked around for the players, and then checked his party status. His group had disbanded. He let out a heavy sigh, "Guess they gave in to the fear.. Well, might as well not let it go to waste.. but who to invite.." Jomei scanned his friends list for someone who he knew could handle the mission. He stopped on Skylar. "Been awhile since o'ive seen him." and he sent a message to Skylar.

Skylar,

Gonna make a trip to the fifth floor to take out some nasty beast. Want to join? Meet me on Floor 1 in the plaza.

Quest is called "Blood in the Sand"

- Jomei

He sat on the step of the teleporter and pulled his lute back out, waiting for his friend to reply.

((Time to get this show on the road))

IC:

Skylar was inside his shop as usual. Rutta sitting by the hearth, instruments on the shelves collecting light dust. Skylar was not sure what to do to pass the time! Maybe go on a walk, kill some monsters, or go on a date. The possibilities becoming endless! Recently Skylar has started to feel more and more at home here inside the game. Everything was coming together nicely.

*Beep* *beep*

{Looks like I got a message} Skylar opened up his inbox to check the message he received.

Skylar,

Gonna make a trip to the fifth floor to take out some nasty beast. Want to join? Meet me on Floor 1 in the plaza.

Quest is called "Blood in the Sand"

- Jomei

{Not like I am doing anything of major importance so I might as well.}

"Hey Rutta! Get your lazy cat but up and let's go." Skylar made his way out of the shop and walked to Delilah village.

He was inside the village when the thought of sending a message to Jomei hit him. Skylar opened his message box and typed one up.

Jomei,

Sure! I am making my way to floor one. See you in a bit.

- Skylar

He sent the message before getting to the warp pad. "Alright floor!" Skylar and Rutta moved to floor one.

Jomei turned as the young man stepped out of the warp gate, followed by his trusty companion. "Hope o'I didnt interrupt anything important." He said with a smirk before standing up to greet his friend. 

"o'I appreciate you comin' out to help me on this quest, Skylar." as he said this, he sent a party invite to Skylar.

"Wanted to try and find a third hand for this, but doesn't seem like anyone on my list is interested." He closed his friends list and sighed. "Oh well."

He strung his loot to his belt and equipped his rapier and shield. They made a clanking noise as they settled into place.

"Shall we be off?"

Ahti strode down a nearly empty street coming up to a warp pad where two brave heroes where standing, looking like they where off to slay a powerful beast! With a wave she ran up to them, pausing to catch her breath, and looking into her quest log. "Hihi, sorry to stop you but... You two look strong!" She said with a smile, before leaning back up and pumping out her muscles. "However you two are not as strong as The Breaker, and as such I would be a fool to let you have all the glory for yourself!" Letting out a fake 'Hohoho!' Laugh and forcing herself into their little group with sheer foolishness.

Skylar looked at the girl with astonishment.

{I wonder if this girl have mental issues? She has no clue how dangerous this quest is and just throws herself into the mix.}

"Umm.... You do know we are going on a dangerous mission with a 70% chance you will die? If you still want to come, be my guest." He smiled at the stranger before introducing himself "The name's Skylar the wonderful. The beast right behind you is Rutta. This guy" points at Jomei "can introduce himself."

Rutta was strangely silent as he padded behind watching the newcomer. "So Jo where are we heading to anyways?"

She turned on the ball of her heel when she heard that there was a beast behind her. It was simply adorable! She reached down and pats the fearsome little warrior on the head, eyes half closed.  She didn't stop petting at him while responding, a little less outlandishly, "The Great Ahti has nothing to fear, for Ahti is immune to deaths curse for as long as the Bureau of Life manage remains undestroyed." She paused and looked back at the two for a second, before walking onto the warp pad.

"So in short I will not die until my goal is finished, but to do that I must destroy this alternate dimension that they created! And to do that, well I'd need to get even stronger!" Letting out another fake laugh before sticking her hand out to them both, "I'm Ahti if you haven't gathered~"

The girl took Jomei by surprise. He blushed a little bit at her calling him strong, and he scratched tha back of his head and chuckled. "We-" "However you two are not as strong as The Breaker, and as such I would be a fool to let you have all the glory for yourself!" His eyes widened. This girl was really interesting Jomei. He liked her confidence. He decided to tease her antics. "Not as strong, eh?" He bent over to look at her eye level and smirked. "Lets see if you can keep up with us then." His Irish accent was accentuating a little bit. He stood up straight. "O'Im Jomei, and we are heading to the deserts of the fifth floor to fight the flood boss. Hope that doesnt scare you off."

He didnt want to be mean, he was just having fun.

"Lets go then." The three of them stepped through the warp gate.

They had warped to the floors main settlement, Armadillo. It was completely made of sand, even the building.

"Oy.." jomei groaned "its a lot hotter up here." He pulled at his scarf

"It is not that bad out here" Skylar turned to see Rutta painting already, the big cat was not a real fan of heated places. 
{We have to leave as soon as possible. I do not want anything bad to happen to Rutta.}

"So for the first order of business let's head deeper into the desert. This way teammates!"

{I just hope this girl stays out of the way. If not I will just watch her become shark food.}

Skylar walked into the desert slowly trudging through the sand.

"It must be a conspiracy! Take caution, as this heat  must hide some form of weather controlling device; my guess is that the bureau hid it inside their large shark!" With that she steeped out into armadillo an looked around with wonder, before looking off into the desert, trudging with them. She was joyful to be wearing a very low amount of armor right now; she could only imagine how people in full-plate felt in this. She did her best to scan the sea of sand, looking for their large shark target. Fingers gripping on tight to her greatsword's handle, ready for action. She was kinda bummed she didn't have better gear by now, 'But thankfully I have two people to hide behind... er, protect, yeah that's the word~'

Jomei smirked at her remark and shook her head. (Whats with this girl) he thought to himself. He unequipped his scarf. Now he was only wearing his usual yellow, sleeveless, martial arts type shirt. "Ah, much better" he said with a sigh of relief.

He continued walking with his group deeper into the desert. He had no idea what they were in for. Hopefully he could handle the enemy. He knew Skylar should be fine if we worked together, this new girl, he wasnt too sure. He knew she was confident, but couldnt tell if it was real or fake confidence. (Ill make sure to protect her if things get rough) his face tensed as he gripped the handle of his sword and held his shield in the other.

Jomei suddenly heard a low rumbling.

"Oi.. Watch yerselves.." He said back to his party.

All of a sudden, he saw what looked like the fin of a shark peek out from the top of a large sand dune, about 25 feet up. It sped down the hill towards the group.

ID: 18122

BD:2 (+1) = 3 miss

MD: 2 miss

At the base of the sand dune, the shark jumped out of the sand. It was the size of a large great white. Jomei's eyes widened as the shark came down toward him. He quickly raised his shield with a yell, and blocked sharks attack. It sent Jomei sliding back a couple feet. The shark slid off the shield and burrowed back into the sane.

HP:

Jomei: 23/23

Skylar: 42/42

Ahti: 11/11

SandShark: 50/50

ID: 18124

BD: 3+2=5 (miss)

Skylar was watching Jomei carefully. Since they met this time the guy was more of a different person. He was more confident self assured, and obviously like the new comer a bit. {Please do not let this turn out to be a date} It was a bit of a hole he felt as he thought about Clarence. He missed the guy terribly already.

Still Skylar wondered how far Jomei can go with this girl. The sand shark jumped out of the water to try and gorge on succulent Skylar flesh. "Not today man" Skylar just moved out the way by side stepping it. No reason for him to take something that Jomei could handle by himself.

HP:

SandShark: 50/50

Giving a tiny hop back as the shark lunged she leapt up at it slashing her blade as it past, giving a hearty "Ya-hoo!" She watched as her greatblade bit into it's wide flesh, watching as the tearing red-line streaked along it's body. Landing back on the ground as the beast dug back into the sand she backed up to be in a little triangle with her companions. "First hit's on me boys~" she said, haughty, before going back into a battle focus, scanning from all sides to see where the beast would leap from next, Grip on her weapon like iron.

ID 18128

BD 10 2+2=4 Damage

HP:

SandShark: 46/50

Jomei grinned as Ahti connected with the shark. "Oya! Good on ya lass!" He yelled to her. He brought his focus back to the sand once it burrowed back down. (She was the only one to make contact with it, so it will probably go back for her) he thought. But then again, this was no ordinary mob fight. He took a step back.

ID: 18122

BD: 3(+1) miss

MD: 5 miss

Just then, the shark lept out of the sand just behind Jomei, he watched as it soared over his head, he swung his rapier into the air to attempt to slash it. He just barely missed it. The shark hit the sand and span around suddenly, heading towards Skylar. It opened it jaw wide while heading towards him. But missed its attack again.

((Im on my phone, so i probably wont repost the hp unless theres damage done on my turn. If it makes it easier for you guys, i will))

BD:4+2=6 (hit)

Skylar watched them fight. Ahti so far made a good hit and Jomei was trying his hardest, but was behind Ahti in terms of precision.

It was overall a fun little game to watch and everything was going well. Until Skylar noticed the fin swimming in his direction.  {Come on big boy. You don't have to be that stupid.} The nose tip appeared right under Skylar. So he did what every rational human would do. He kicked it in the nose before it could try to bite him. {Yeah, not a smart creature.}

He turned to watch how Ahti and Jomei would continue to fight. "Keep up the good work, guys!"

HP:

SandShark: 40/50

Rolling to be right underneath the Now flying shark she slashed diagonally across it's underframe, attempting to gut the giant fish. Unfortunetly she undershot her roll, and impacted face first of the moving creatures side. Bouncing off she quickly rolled onto her feet and sprang back, seeing that the giant fish and plunged back under the sand after a swift kick to the nose. "Ha, Fish kicker!" She said with a laugh, greatsword held like a wall in-front of her as she looked behind herself, waiting for it to come up.

ID 18146

BD 4 (Miss)

Jomei flinched as he saw Ahti smack into the shark. (Ooh, had to hurt) he thought. After that, the shark burrowed back into the sand and shot toward Slylar, who kicked it in the snout before it could jump above the sand.

The shark thrashed after the kick. It came out of the sand vertically, flailing around, before turning around and plowing down back into the sand. Jomei gasped, (the snout, just like a real shark.)

Before he could inform his teammates about the possible weak spot, the shark was making its way toward Jomei.

ID:18148

MD:6 hit

Dmg: 3(-1)

BD:10 big crit

Dmg: 3(+2)(+1 thrns)

Jomei was barely able to react fast enough as the shark opened his jaw and bit down on Jomei. He was able to keep the sharks mouth open by holding his shield up, blocking the teeth on its upper jaw. However, its lower teeth dug into his legs (2 dmg to Jomei)

Just then, his shield began to glow orange, as if being heated. The sharks jaw snapped open as its mouth singed from the burn from his shield (1 dmg to SandShark)

Jomei took this as a perfect opportunity, as the sharks jaw snapped open, his sword began to glow with the color of sunlight. He let his sword fly, piercing the Shark with 6 swift strikes to the roof of its mouth. (5 dmg to Shark).

He dove backwards out of the mouth of the beast as the Jaw snapped shut, and he burrowed back under the sand.

The shark made its way towards Ahti next.

Hp:

Jomei: 21/23

Skylar:42/42

Sandshark: 35/50

ID: 18161

BD: 8

Skylar stood there only trying to watch the fight. The shark on the other hand was not that smart to continue to try and to bite him.

"Wow you really need to stop trying to come over here and bite me. Not really a smart shark are you?" Skylar held out his arm as in a taunt to the shark. "Come and eat it."

The shark leaped out of the sand from the side to take the arm. Skylar took the arm back and grounded his foot. Before the shark could fall back under he punched it in the side. "Bad, mentally challenged land shark. You must be the left shark, because right shark is a lot more well behaved."

Hp:

Sandshark: 29/50

The action went by fast, and Ahti had to do her best not to get caught up in the puny one-liners herself. She watched as the shark was punched and braced her self for impact,Intending to use the sword as both spear and shield. Unfortunately it's balance was off and got caught in the sand, instead of preparing to spear the fish it just made a ramp for it instead. With not enough time to adjust she simply said, "This reminds me of that one tim-" And was cut off by the sound of the sand shifting under the approaching sharks wake.

ID 18165

CD: 4 Miss

Jomei looked towards Skylar confused. "W-why does whether the shark is on the left or right matter...?" He shook his head. No time for silly questions. He watched as the fight went on, and as the shark flew through the air from Ahti's sword ramp. He saw it burrow into the ground again and begin to circle the group. Who was it going after next. 

ID: 18169

MD: 4 Miss

BD: 8(+1) 9 Hit
DMG: 3 

Suddenly, the shark made another break toward Ahti. It was hard to see, but Jomei saw as the large fin passed by him.
"Oh no you don't" Jomei said as he took off running. As Jomei raced the shark, he spun the sword in his hand, now holding it backwards. Once he got along side of the shark, he saw it began to emerge from the sand to pounce. At the same time, Jomei jumped into the air and plunged his sword down onto the top of the sharks head. It decided to bypass its attack and burrow deep underground to dislodge the sword from his head. "Phew, that was a close one." He said panting.

Hp:

Sandshark: 26/50

ID: 18170

BD: 1

Skylar was watching the battle as usual. Rutta was sitting down watching the fight. The big cat never got into the fights with him. Unless it was to act as a distraction so he could hit the target better. Otherwise he sat there and just ignored everything.

It was pretty smart for the shark not to come back and attack. "The whole right and left shark thing is a reference from when I was in the real world." He explained to Jomei who seemed a bit confused by the statement.

Hp:

Sandshark: 26/50