[PP-F4] A chilly encounter! [Lancelot, Vaan, Sakuri]

Floor four was as cold as ever and didn't show any signs of letting up as winter hit sword art online. Life rested at the settlements tavern trying to keep warm as he prepares to set off on his next adventure. He had a lot of memories of the forth floor which he held close to him and others... well, those memories where lost. Life took generous swigs at the ale he held in his hands and scanned the room around him. There were many people inside for the same reason as he, after all the forth floor was known as one of the best farming floors currently available. Life himself however had also found himself stuck reminiscing on the past, his old guild, his old friends... the lives lost at the hydra fight. Many things had happened in the time he had been stuck inside this game and many of those he wasn't especially proud of but there was still at least one thing that drove him, one thing that he had his sights set on. But alas that would have to wait, he was no where near strong enough to consider it. 

Lancelot wasn't a fan of snow but somehow found herself on the fourth floor. Snow fell aimlessly around her frame as she marched through mini-blizzard. She needed to locate a safe place to camp for the evening. All the inns seemed pack and player housing wasn't yet available. All she could hope for was a warm room that'd get her through the night. A few lights danced on the edge of her vision as she continued to trudge on. Her feet guided her towards the light and for once that was a good thing. A tavern crept into view as she neared the lights. Lightly pressing her frozen hand to the door, she gave a weathered push. The wooden door slowly creaked open. Quickly stepping inside, she was surprised to see a room full of people who most likely had the same goal; keep warm.

She glanced through the crowds. She didn't recognize anybody, but a good look at everyone's face reassured her that there wouldn't be much trouble. She spotted an empty seat near the bar. She quickly sat down and got the barkeeps attention. "1 Hot Chocolate please." The burly man behind the counter nodded before heading off to make her drink. Turning to her left, she noticed that there was a player who seemed to be lost in thought. "The cold makes you think of warm times huh?"

Life's train of thought broke as he heard a voice and looked to his right. A slender figure imposed a question on him, picking up on his reminiscing. "Aye, that they do. It's been rough but I'm getting by. How are you fairing?" She seemed friendly enough to talk to, perhaps she'd join him, but he wasn't sure if she was game enough. He thought for a moment and took another sip of ale. "Do you have any plans? If you'd care to listen I have a proposition for you" He looked at her carefully and tilted his head to one side allowing his hair to fall messily in front of his face. From the looks of her, she hadn't gotten around to much as all her gear was rather dull. He'd definitely need a few more helping hands but any where good enough for him. 

"I'm fairing well, if I do say so myself, " she replied with a soft smile. Her eyes seemed to widen as a pint of hot chocolate was placed before her. She immediately brought the cup to her lips and felt the warm liquid pass her lips as it traveled down to her stomach. Instantly warming her body and making her happy. He then offered her a question. "Plans? Not necessarily. What'd you have in mind? Ahh where are my manners? My name is Lancelot. Pleasure too meet you," she replied as a small, still semi-frozen, hand crept out; hoping to receive a handshake.

Life smiled as she had introduced herself, he took her hand gently transferring some of his own warmth across "No need to be so formal but i appreciate the gesture. The name is Life" He almost continued to state his former guild but abstained from doing so, it was going to take some time to get used to. He looked around the tavern again, though he wasn't sure why. He leaned in closer to the woman and began to speak "Lots of people around here like to farm good old avalanche. He's a great field boss don't get me wrong but... I know a place where a small party could make more..." He kept his eyes on her as he took another swig of ale. 

Life returned the handshake as well as introduced himself. He then spoke of a monster that, with a small party, could reap rewards better than that of Avalanche. Considering Lancelot hand participated in the Avalanche quest she didn't know what to expect. She was curious however. "Make more what? Col? Gain more EXP? What kind of gains are we talking here?" She downed another bit of her now cooled hot chocolate and eyed the man. I wonder if I should even trust him. I mean we've only just met. But judging from his gear he seems pretty well of in this game. Hmm I suppose I shall entertain his plan for now.

Life smirked "More col and materials that is, avalanche still tops the list for exp gains. So if you're looking to make some cash I'll fill you out on the details if not then I suppose I could always just go on my own" He looked down at his cup lost in thought again, he snapped back in again and looked over at the girl "Of course, it is a lot more dangerous that avalanche to especially for low level players." Life took another swig this time looking at the bartender as he scurried around to serve the mass of people inside the tavern. "I've done so once before on my own, It took much to long to finish up so i thought with a few extra hands it wouldn't be a problem at all" He looked back at her, hoping she wasn't starting to lose interest. 

Vaan was on floor four. He was nearly freezing. He had never really prepared for cold places. His armor barely even covered his chest. It only blocked damage. He needed to get to a warm area. He found a place and opened the door to see a whole bunch of people. He walked to a bar thing but did not order a alcoholic beverage. He ordered hot chocolate. He seen a man and a girl conversing a quest that seemed to be avalanche. He did not think it polite to interrupt, but he did it anyway. Did you guys come here because it was so cold as well? The bartender came back with his hot chocolate. Vaan took a sip of it and it nearly warmed him to the bone.

The noirette listened intently as Life spoke of more col and material growth. She tossed the information around in her mind. The quest, whatever it may be, certainly piqued her interest. The danger didn't spook her, although she gathered it probably should. She figured if they could grab some more help, whatever they went up against would have to be pretty strong to kill them as a unit. Deciding on her answer, she sipped her liquid cocoa and looked into the man's eyes. "I'm in. What're we up against?" The question seemed to be answered with another question. However, the words didn't escape Life's lips but rather another player who had entered the inn and inserted himself into the conversation. 

Lancelot, swiveled in her chair to face the newcomer. "Your guess is rather spot on. It's quite chilly out here on the fourth floor. My name's Lancelot. This would be Life." She stated as she gestured to the player behind her.

Fourth floor... It was as bad like always. Sakuri trembled through the blizzard that seemed to just get more firece and firece every step he took. He had his hands infront of his face , as he tried to block out as much of the snow as possible, which were quite the challenge for him. He looked around him a bit after walking around, not much were open at this point, whitch were to be expected, but then he saw a light through his finger, straight ahead of him actually. he could not read what the sign said so he had no clue on what he was walking in to.

When i finally reached the destination he had strifed for, which seemed to take years to get to, he entered the building only to find out that it's a tavern, with quite the amount of people in here. He smiled to himself, well it's pretty obvious why everyone is here. He then looked around the room, and happend to see a familiar face. It was Lancelot, the girl he had met before. But she was standing around with others, which he had never in his entire life seen before, that kinda freaked him out a bit. He wanted to say hi to the face he recognized, but he found it to embarrassing so he ended up almost shouting "lancelot. it's me, Sakuri!" in a whisperous tone, hoping she would notice him as.

The girl.kept talking to the other guy for a bit and then she swindled right around in her chair. She introduced herself as. Lancelot. According to her his guess about the cold was spot on. He kinda had figured it. He himself had done the very same thing. She introduced the man as Life. Vaan could it resist it. Wow, I have never met someone with such a funny username in my life. But here's Life. He chuckled and then heard something. Lancelot, it's me Sakuri! Excuse me Lancelot for a minute. Vaan left the table and found Sakuri. Hey Sakuri, why don't you come up here and have.some hot cocoa with us. Vaan led the.Boy to his seat by him Lancelot and Life.

It wasn't long before other players began to gather around them though it wasn't for the reasons he hoped, either way it would do. He faintly smiled and nodded at the man who sat beside him, another player was calling out for lancelot. "Well then.. isn't this a pleasant surprise" Life shifted in his seat and took a look at the man sitting next to him. He seemed like a decently levelled player and could be useful. The man brought the other player to them and he took another look, this one seemed like the strongest out of the three. "One after the other huh, well it's good to see more people here. I was just about to go into detail about a raid. You may join if you're interested" 

The sound of her name caused the girl to look around in search of the voice that uttered it. She spotted a familiar brunette merchant by the name of Sakuri. She had intended to wave and greet him but before she knew it Vaan had already done the honor of inviting him to their little get together. Greeting Sakuri, she turned to Life as he commented on just how quickly their group of two had expanded to a group of four. He offered Vaan and Sakuri a chance to join them in their little raid discussion. Lancelot, waited impatiently for Life to continue his description of what they would be doing. "Soooo, what are you waiting for? Out with it already haha!"

Life chuckled at her eagerness "Alright. Alright" He let a smile show, leaned in on the table and cracked his knuckles "I hope we're done with formalities. Now... There is a place on the outskirts of the forth floor, this place is one like none have ever seen and cycles every so weeks, you have to know when it's up to get there. I happened to stumble across it once and i would like to go again, this time sharing the knowledge with a few others. Which leads me to you all" Life paused for a moment and cleared his throat, taking another swig of his ale. "It changes every time you enter, so it's impossible to tell whats in there but from what i've gathered it's not easy. I managed to just scrape by on my last run" He fiddled with the cup in his hand staring into the drink, again, lost in thought. "All i know is it's worth it, so if you're up for it then i'd more than gladly appreciate your company"

Vaan looked and listened as Life explained how he barely escaped in his encounter. This made Vaan think a bit. Life looked like a higher leveled player. But with the four of them, they should easily manage to clear it. Vaan was hooked by the loot idea though. Count me in! I am always up for a challenge I guess. Vaan took a sip of his hot chocolate.  He knew that he could take care of himself. He sighed and watched as a few more players entered the room. He looked back to Lancelot to see what she would decide to say next.

Lancelot envisioned the setting as she listened. While not very detailed, the picture painted seemed to give her that nudge to go ahead and follow through. Her attention having returned to the group, she let Vaan finish before stating virtually the same. "My answer remains unchanged. I would love to tag along."Settling back into her seat, she took another swig of her cooled cocoa and waited to hear Sakuri's response, should he have one." I'm looking forward to this. I need this in fact.

• 5 weeks later...

Life sat back in his chair and finished his drink, they couldn't be just sitting around waiting all day. He knew he had painted a nice picture for their little gathering and so now it was time for him to make good on his promises. Life swung around in his seat and stood up "Alright, good. Let's get going then shall we" He straightened his kimono and started to walk out of the tavern, Sakuri seemed to be silent but he assumed he'd join back in with the rest of them when the time came for it. "If we head out now we should be able to beat the nights cold. If not we'll be in for an unpleasant surprise at the door." Life gave a faint smile and walked out the door, starting his way towards the edge of the floor where they could begin. 

• 6 months later...