[SP-F6] My Own Worst Enemy <<The Gemini>> {Complete}

"Floor Six!"

Jomei warped into place on Floor Six, and found himself in a small village made of tents and huts, surrounded by heavy jungle. Jomei curiously walked around the village. He had never been to this part of Aincrad before. As he walked around, he saw what he almost always finds, the floor's tavern. This time, however, Jomei shook his head and turned from it No, you promised yourself you would get stronger.. Not goof off and drink today. He needed to get stronger. Despite being of a decent level compared to his friends, he always found himself taking most of the damage, and he was not the tank type to be doing so. So instead of going into the tavern, Jomei decided he should try and find a quest on the floor that he should attempt to do. 

After a short walk around the town, Jomei came across one of the NPC's, it was a woman, just like all the other NPCs on this floor, but this one did not have the fearless-warrior getup going on, and she was staring into a mirror. This one seemed almost scared, as if she had seen a ghost. Jomei walked up to the woman.

"Uhm, excuse me ma'am.. is everything alright?"

The woman turned around and was surprised when Jomei brought her back from her zoned out state.

"O-Oh.. Im sorry sir.." She spoke softly. 

".. is there something I can help you with? I don't mean to sound rude but... you look distraught.."

The woman let out a heavy sigh, and turned back around to look at the mirror, this time her eyes closed.

"Yes, there is something you can help me with.." 

A quest box opened up in front of Jomei, he looked down at it and was confused.

QUEST: The Gemini

OYes ONo

"..The Gemini?" he asked quietly. He was slightly hesitant about accepting. This quest had no description. No reward list even. Just a name. ..But I need to help in any way I can. His face became more determined as he pressed Yes.

"Thank you.. Please.. be careful." She said, as Jomei walked back out the entrance to the hut.

He found himself walking through heavy foliage. It was very tough terrain, no paths or anything to follow. He took out his rapier and used it to cut paths through the vines and bushes. It was fine, they would only regenerate after about a minute anyway for the next player to try and trek through. The quest marker was leading him far away from the village. He had no idea what to expect at the destination.

After about an hour of cutting through greens, Jomei found himself at a large, stone structure. It almost looked like an altar.. but also like an arena. It was circular, with large pillars coming out around the outside of the circle. On the far said, was a small cliff about 30 feet up from the edge of the structure. From it, came down a stream of water, which flowed through small channels throughout the structure. It really was a beautiful place. He made his way to the waterfall. The water coming from it was blue and clear. He kneeled in front of the pool of water and lowered his hands into it. He took his cupped hands and washed his face of the sweat and dirt from his journey though the jungle.

A refreshed Jomei shook the loose water of his face and smiled. Much better.. He opened his eyes and looked into the waterfall. He could see his reflection very easily, only a little bit distorted. Huh.. been awhile since I've looked in a mirror. He got up close to the water to use it as a mirror and observe his face. He was not being vain or anything, just a little reminder about the real world and what he's really fighting for here. He grinned and gave himself a thumbs up. As Jomei blinked his eyes, he noticed something strange. Before blinking, everything seemed okay. However, after he had reopened his eyes. His reflection was... different. The Jomei he was looking at.. he was not smiling, he had quite the scowl on his face.. His thumbs up.. no, his hands were at his side. And his eyes.. They were no longer the cheery green they were.. They were a dull, evil yellow.. Almost like the color of his shirt.

He thought he was seeing things, so he rubbed his eyes and took another look.

As he got closer however, a fist came from the waterfall, knocking Jomei back.

ID:18628

MD: 7 (-1)

DMG: 3

Jomei tumbled backwards. Whatever that was, it packed quite a punch. When Jomei was able to stop himself, he wiped his mouth and looked for his enemy. He saw a figure coming from the waterfall, slowly. Jomei stood up, ready to fight whatever or whoever was coming through. As the man stepped out of the waterfall, however, Jomei's eyes widened and he began to tremble.

It was himself.

"W...What the hell is this?!" Jomei yelled. "Who the hell are you?!" 

The figure laughed. It was his laugh. This only angered Jomei even more.

"Im you.. or are you me.. I forget which it is.." He mocked Jomei, even his voice was exactly the same.. just more sinister.

"Well... for now, you can call me The Gemini..." The fake Jomei smiled an evil grin. "That is.. until I destroy you.. then I will be Jomei."

Jomei growled at The Gemini, "You sick bastard.." Jomei drew his rapier and pulled his shield off of his back.

With a low chuckle, a vortex of shadows, starting from his hand, traveled downwards to the ground, creating his enemy's weapon. It looked just like his Summerthorn.. but it was black, and the glow of sunlight that shone on it, was the color of blood.

"Shall we begin?" The Gemini barked, taking a fighting stance.

HP: 

Jomei: 31/34

The Gemini: 34/34

ID:18629

BD: 9 (+1)

DMG: 6(+1)

BD: 7(-1)

DMG: 3(-1)

Jomei waited for his opponent to strike first. He ran at him with the same incredible speed that Jomei possessed. He watched as dirt and water from the structure were picked up with The Gemini's quick feet. The two's swords made contact with a loud clank noise. The two began to exchange blows at high speeds. "Heh. I don't only have your looks and voice." The Gemini blocked Jomei's sword and thrusted his own forward, slashing Jomei across the cheek, creating a deep gash. "I have your skills as well." 

Jomei grit his teeth and charged forward. He managed to knock The Gemini off his balance and deliver a swift slash across his shoulder and then puncturing through the wound. "You're just a pitiful fake, you are. Ain't nobody like me, but me." He grinned as his enemy grimaced from the attack.

HP: 

Jomei: 29/34

The Gemini: 27/34

ID: 18630

BD: 5(+1)

DMG: 6

MD: 9 (-1)

His clone brushed off his shoulder which Jomei had attacked and grinned. "Do you really think you can defeat me? Im you! Except.." He rushed forward, slashing Jomei's side. "I've embraced my hatred." Jomei quickly stepped back, clenching his side. "Right now, you're just a weak little boy. If you were to become filled with hatred, I am what you would become." He began to laugh maniacally. Jomei took this as an opportunity to run forward. He slashed his sword, cutting a part of his thigh, and then following through with a punch to his face. The Gemini tumbled backward. Jomei stood up straight and pointed his sword forward. "Just shut up."

HP: 

Jomei: 26/34

The Gemini: 21/34

ID: 18631

BD:2

The Gemini stood up, with an insane grin on his face. "What the hell are you smiling at you freak?" The copycat chuckled, running his hand through his hair, pushing the bang that usually fell on Jomei's face back. "Im just thinking about all the things I'm going to do when you're out of the way." Jomei's eyes widened, and he glared at him. "Hm hm hm .... Especially with-" Jomei caught where he was going with that sentence and took a large step forward, thrusting his sword at him. The Gemini blocked it with his sword, but staggered back from the blow. "Oh~ Angry now are we?" Jomei continued to swing his sword with all of his might at The Gemini, most of his strikes being blocked, bur multiple small attacks were pushing through. After his assault, he jumped back. The Gemini had small gashes on his arms, cheeks, and legs. He was still laughing. 

HP: 

The Gemini: 15/34

ID: 18632

BD: 8(+1)

MD: 3(-1)

Jomei grit his teeth. This guy was really starting to piss him off. "Now, that was not polite... You interrupted me." He let out a low chuckle. "Awe.. you really care for her don't you.." The Gemini said mockingly, enraging Jomei. "Well like I was saying, Im gonna have a lot of fun when Im done wit-" "SHUT UP!" Jomei blew up. He grabbed The Gemini by the throat and lifted him up, his extra strength from his <Athletics> skill. "You talk too much you sick bastard." Jomei said as he plunged his rapier into his enemy's stomach. The Gemini grunted, this was the first time he made him show any true pain. "Oh. Did that hurt?" Jomei said back to him mockingly. He let go of his enemy and kicked him to the floor. "Get up.." 

HP: 

The Gemini: 9/34

ID: 18633

BD: 3(+1)

MD: 8(-1) 

BD: 3(-1)

"I said get u-" Suddenly, from the gemini's hand, came a rusted chain. What the hell?! The chain wrapped around Jomei's throat and cut off his breathing. The fake Jomei slowly stood up, his hair covering his face.. He was breathing heavily. He turned his face towards Jomei, some of the hair sliding to the side to reveal a horror of a sight. The skin from the fake Jomei's cheek up to his forehead had scraped off when he hit the ground, revealing a skull; the only difference was, his skull was black, stained in some places with blood. Also, his eye on that side was now pure white. "Now.. you've gone and gotten me angry." The sword in his other hand disappeared, and another chain came from that hand. The Gemini had Jomei lifted into the air now. He grabbed the chain and whipped it, slamming Jomei into one of the tall stone pillars surrounding their battlefield. The Gemini pulled the chain back, leaving Jomei laying in the rubble of the pillar. 

HP: 

Jomei: 24/34

ID: 18636

BD: 3(+1)

MD: 8(-1) 

DMG: 3(-1)

Jomei struggled to get up under the weight of the heavy rocks. He grunted as he cleared the debris from his back. "Still have some fight in you?" The Gemini barked as he whipped his chain forward again, smacking Jomei in the back. As Jomei fell back into the ground, The Gemini brought forth his other chain, whipping Jomei. He continued to pummel him into the ground with his attacks. Again, he pulled both of his chains back and waited for the dust to clear, to see if he had killed Jomei. When Jomei did not budge, he turned around. "Fool.." 

HP: 

Jomei: 22/34

ID: 18637

MD: 1

"Im not done with you yet.." A low voice came from the rubble. A struggling Jomei managed to stand up. He teetered as he stepped through the debris, walking towards The Gemini. His face expressionless. "Hmph." The Gemini threw his chains forward, one at a time. Jomei deflected the first with his shield, knocked back the second with his sword. Still walking forward, still with the same face. He picked up the pace, starting to jog. The attacks continued, and Jomei continued to dodge and block them. He increased his speed again, now sprinting toward The Gemini. As he was closing in, The Gemini swung his chain sideways in a way he would not be able to avoid. Jomei slid under the chain on his knees and slashed his sword, cutting his doppelgänger at the knees. The Gemini grunted as the attack hit him. He used his chains to vault him back and hold him up. 

HP: 

Jomei: 22/34

The Gemini: 3/34

ID: 18638

BD: 8(+1)

MD: 9(-1)

The two stood at a distance from each other. Both breathing heavily. "You bastard.." The Gemini said to Jomei, who was just standing there. At that comment, Jomei grinned. "Takes one to know one." Now it was his enemy that the angry one, he flung himself forward using the chains towards Jomei. He lifted his sword and used it to fight off The Gemini's attacks. He had shrunken the length of his chains to use them at a closer range. The two exchanged blows, blocking each others attacks. The Gemini managed to knock Jomei's blade out of his hand, and shot his other chain forward, punching him in the stomach. Jomei coughed, getting the wind knocked out of him. He hit the ground and quickly grabbed his sword again, in an attempt to charge at him. He dodged as the chains flew by his head, "You're finished!" He yelled. His sword glowed a bright gold as he plunged it through The Gemini's chest.

HP: 

Jomei: 19/34

The Gemini: -3/34

The Gemini stood there, defeated. His chains fell beside him, and his head slouched. "You... got me...." 

Jomei sighed, relieved it was finally over. But it wasnt yet, for the dying body of his clone started to laugh again. "But... you only got me.... because you embraced your hatred... How could you ever protect those close to you... without this power... how could you keep A-" Jomei twisted his sword sharply, cutting off his enemy's sentence, killing him. The limp body of The Gemini fell to the floor as Jomei dislodged his sword from its body.

The body of The Gemini, before exploding into data, reverted to its original self. It was exactly what Jomei saw when some of the skin peeled off. His body was thin, no muscle on the body at all. It looked like a corpse that had been burnt to a crisp in a fire. Just a small layer of skin from being a skeleton, with pale white eyes. It finally exploded into data, saving Jomei from the horrifying site of that corpse like shape shifter. He dropped down on to the floor, leaning against a boulder. He looked down. "It may have just been a copy cat.... but how did it know all about me.... how did it know about everything?.." He put his head in his hands for a moment. this fight really took a toll on him, both physically, and mentally. 

After resting for a bit, Jomei began to make his way out of this hell hole of a battle ground. Before making his way back into the foliage, he looked back towards where he fought The Gemini. He was still baffled at how this simple enemy could have known everything about him. He really thought about it.. about how deep down.. he really did have a lot of hatred. For this Kayaba, for trapping them in this world, for all those who put his friends in danger.. and even for himself. But this fight helped him on the path towards getting rid of most of that hatred. He vowed on that spot that he would not turn into the monster he saw in The Gemini. He was going to protect his friends and get out of here his own way. He turned back away from the arena, and started to make his way back. "Dammit! They already respawned back?!" Jomei yelled, when he noticed the vines and bushes had already regenerated, making his trip back just as hard as his trip there. 

After another long trek through the jungle, Jomei found his way back to the village where he first arrived to. "Finally." He said to himself through a sigh. He made his way back to the hut where he first acquired the mission. He walked in through the entrance. "Hello? Anyone home?" There was no one in the house. He was not gone for too long, most NPCs do not leave their pre determined spots until later in the night. He looked around the house, looking for the woman. This is weird... He was feeling very uneasy about the whole situation. He found himself back in the main room of the house, when he saw something strange...

He looked into the mirror that the woman was first looking into when he first got there. His eyes widened when he saw that his reflection had been replaced by her. Unlike the first time they met, she had a smile on her face, and her eyes were a pale yellow. 

Jomei walked up to the mirror "Whats going on?" Tears began to flow down the face of the woman's face. 

"Im finally free" 

"Free? What do you mean free?!" Jomei was confused. He thought he saved this woman from The Gemini. Now she is trapped in a mirror. What was going on. He put his hand on the mirror and looked into the woman's eyes. His jaw dropped and he began to sweat, as the woman nodded. "No..y-you were.." 

"Yes. I am The Gemini.." As she said this, she transformed back into Jomei to prove it. Still with the pale yellow eyes. 

"But why did you attack me? Why did we need to fight?"

The Gemini turned back into herself, well.. her womanly form Jomei first met her in. He did not want to see its actual form again.

"Im sure you know the answer to that already." She said with a smile.

Jomei's hand slid down the mirror. He realized what she meant. The Gemini represented the feeling dug down deep inside of Jomei. She is free now, because he let go of the feelings and admitted to having them. He sighed. "I.. I understand now. Thank you." He said sadly. He felt as though this realization did not come as he wanted.. but figured it was for the best. The woman nodded one more time. "No. Thank you." And with that, the mirror cracked. A large spider web of a crack covered the mirror. The reflection he saw in the shards of glass were his own, not that of a copy cat. He sighed, and turned to walk out of the building.