[PP-F5] [Quest] The Traveler (Ssendom)

The Traveler, <> Extra Skill
This quest is only available on the 5th floor.

A mysterious NPC wearing a thick cloak that wraps around her entire body, including her face, approaches and explains that she has precious cargo in the depths of the deserts, hidden beneath the sand. She has become weak with sickness, and must rest. However, the goods must be recovered within two days. It’s up to you to find it.

The trip into the desert will take a day and a night, so you must be prepared to survive. Once in the desert, you lose a point of health every time you roll a 1 on your crafting die due to the wind and the sand. If you manage to survive this quest and find the cargo, you will be gifted with the <> extra skill.

This skill will give you the ability to survive harsh areas. Also, for every 3 turns OUT of combat, you regain five points of health.

This RP will not count in the benchmark.

Requirement: RP must be at least 1-2 pages.   (22 or more posts)

Rewards:
You will be gifted with the extra skill <>.
You will gain 1 Skill Point

PP are welcome, and all party members participating can earn the skill.

NO ONE LINES!

After having spent a few days getting to know the world better, Justin hadn't made any true progression in the game itself. He hadn't performed any particular feats in leveling up or learning the types of monsters of this game, he had mostly slacked off and explored what there was to offer. It was only on a whim that he happened upon a player that was going around telling players about a quest on the fifth floor that offered a pretty good reward for newbies, which Justin just so happened to qualify as at this point. He struck up conversation with the player and found out a few of the more important details as to where it was, then made his way up the next four floors. When he had arrived on the fifth floor, Justin made his way towards the center of town, looking for shady lady NPC that the boy had described, "The twerp said she'd be here, where is she?"

Ssendom began walking towards the center of town on the fifth floor "Well... I have never been on this floor before, luckily I like the heat elsewise I'd never come." He looked down at the piece of paper from the quest board "The Traveler mentions that an NPC should appear at this location around this time, supposedly a woman of sorts in full robe garb." He put the paper into his HUD Menu inventory then began to look around.

He noticed one other player standing at close to the same co-ordinates that he had received from the message board. "Hey there, you're looking to do The Traveler quest as well?" he ponders. Looking the man over he noticed he was still in the new player gear, "Haven't had much success in this world either? I have only been able to accomplish a bit in the past few weeks now." In his attempts to make small talk, the player made him realize he should have done the quest right out the gates instead of coming to near death in one of his first encounters. "Would you like to party up and perform this together, we might be able to speed it up a bit if we help each other out." He asks again, and began to feel bad by badgering the man with a ton of questions.

It took Ssendom a moment to notice but quickly realized he was shorter than the man he just met, 'Now this, is something new. I am definitely not used to being shorter than somebody else. Damn he's tall.' He thinks while listening to the man.

Justin peered to his left as a man roughly his age and size captured his attention, asking if he happened to be looking for the start of The Traveler quest, "Yeah, I guess that's what it's called." Recalling on what the young player had told him earlier, he didn't mention that it was specifically a quest nor that it had a name, but it seemed about right. Traveling in the desert and whatnot, "Looking for some sort of dark robed NPC, but she doesn't want to come out and play with me though." Sir Talksalot seemed to be more into getting to know Justin though, rather than helping him figure this dilemna out, "Not too sure, dude. Haven't done enough to give you a clear answer on that." Justin wasn't about to say he was having it rough considering he wasn't, but if he was, he'd likely never admit it. However, the stranger happened to be pretty open with his own feelings, explaining that he hadn't done much himself since he's been here. At least he had actually done something though, in comparison to the man that had lounged around and enjoyed the change of pace during his stay here. Getting back on track with the matter at hand, Justin was pretty eager to take on the opportunity to get some aide with the quest, "Sure thing, man. The name's Juzt, by the way," he extended his closed fist towards the talkative individual for a quick pound, "Let's get it on."

Ssendom reciprocated the fist pound with a strong hit to show he was eager to adventure as well, "Sorry for being a chatty cat by the way. I've learned it's easier to open up first to new people you meet makes the ensuing conversation meld easier... I'm not usually like that." He begins to admit to Juzt, "Juzt, sweet name. The name is Ssendom, it's a mouthful most people shorten it to Dom or something else of sorts. Quicker names make calling out to the others to switch easier and flow with combat." He begins to tell the man.

Just as he finished speaking an NPC began walking towards them clothed in full robes covering all aspects of her. "Looks like it is time to roll." He says with a smirk of readiness. He cracks his knuckles and neck at the same time, swipes his left hand down and equips his Boar-Spine Claymore which appears in it's scabbard attached to his back. He shifts it around to get it comfortable, "Go ahead and start the quest by talking to her. I'll follow suit when it's time to move out." He tells the man. Flexing his hands and stretching his body to limber up for the expedition ahead.

Justin was pretty pleased to see the guy wasn't too caught off guard by the fist pound, most made the mistake of trying to shake, then making an awfully embarassing transition into a fist that winded up in a sloppy pound. This one had a bit of spunk to it, just what Justin was hoping for, "I don't mind the chit chat, no reason in trying to justify your doing so. Pretty much how anyone gets to know each other, be it here or in the real world." His eye caught a hold of an individual that fit the perfect description that was given to him down on the first floor, "Yeah, Dom sounds good. Haven't had the chance to try out the combat with groups before though, didn't think anything of that when choosing a name." Coming from playing games that were pretty much straightforward combat between one player and the other, he had only heard a bit about raids and bosses in massively multiplayer online games. Easy callouts to other players, especially when they have a short enough name to use as the callout, could come out to help in an incredibly simple way, "Kay, just a sec." He hopped over to the NPC and spoke with here, "Oh, kind sir. Would you be ever so kind to an old..." He chatted her up and accepted the quest, "Be careful, sir! There be tales of dangerous conditions out in the desert, the ones you don't walk away from unscathed." He blew it off, waving his hand downwards, "Whatevs, we'll take it from here." He pulled up his menu and invited Ssendom to his party, "Ready, Dom?"

Ssendom listens in to what the woman asks of them, "Luckily from what I heard, this quest doesn't have a monster covering the the cargo, since it'll take about a day and a night to get there and we have to return the goods within two days. There isn't much time to sleep, have you traveled through the deserts of the fifth floor there Juzt?" He plans and asks the man. "The harsh winds will continually pound on us, so the faster we do this the better. It may be a good idea to pick up a potion from an alchemist to stay alive, I know for a fact I will be able to stay alive and wont need it." he mentions, then begins to rethink the predicament of the desert and begins to un-equip his weapon and armor going to the basic cloth you start with. "The armor and weapons will only hinder us and slow us down, and to deal with the heat you need as much wind to your skin to stay somewhat cool." He proceeds to take off his shirt showing that he did keep in shape in the real world and it translated to the game, "Didn't think that would translate to this game. Well that is nice to know. You ready to go? and do you need me to get you the potion?" He seemed completely comfortable to be shirtless around people he didn't know, drawing the unnecessary attention of NPC's and players alike. He continues to stretch waiting for Juzt to give him the nod to start running to the location point set.

Justin wasn't too concerned about the possibilities of monsters on the trail, but it was primarily due to his lack of knowledge on just how dangerous the entire situation could be. He looked over to his partner in crime, "Not at all, haven't a clue what's on any floor besides the first and a bit on the third." There wasn't more than a handful of monsters that he encountered, generally from a safe distance or while other players were grinding away at the lower levels. It was quite likely that he would be joining their ranks soon as he needed a little bit of emphasis placed on his training, rather than walking around and losing his chance at overtaking this game as a whole. He could imagine becoming a saviour, a king, or something greater in this world; though it would take a lot more work than he was putting in now if he ever imagined getting to that point. For now, he had a quest to do - one step at a time. He gave Dom an inquisitive look as he not only disarmed himself, but dequipped his armor and further removed his shirt, "Calm down, Dom, this is no love quest." He kept it a lighthearted jab, hoping that the newfound friend would have a likable sense of humor, "Yeah, I'm all good to go, though I wouldn't mind a potion to be on the safe side." No reason to turn down an item that could mean life or death, especially when the death portion was entirely real.

After the light jab he began to chuckle, "Oh you know it is Big Boi." He said in a very humorous tone. He pops his neck both ways, "Let me go grab you that potion." He runs off to obtain one standard potion of healing (Heal 5 health each) for 300 col in total. After about 15 minutes he returns to Juzt, then opens a trading menu with him, "Here take these. If your health happens to get low, Chug them. This floor is a desert and it's harsh winds will damage us. Since it'll hit us for as much regardless of armor or not, there is no point in wearing what will just slow us down. We can speed up our trek there by atleast 15%. It wont take the full night to get there, we'll have a chance to sit and rest for a little bit with the least amount of excess weight." he begins to mention and teach the man about the fifth floor. After the trading is complete, he cracks his knuckles, and gets into a running stance. "Tell me when to start, and just follow me step for step. We're going to need to take 2 or 3 minute breaks every so often." He continues to inform him, he preps his rush on Juzt's mark.

Justin was pretty pleased to know that Dom wasn't such a tough-skinned stickler as many other guys he stumbled across on the first floor, it was amazing just how much a small jest like that could make to a bunch of young men. The newfound pal took a moment to run grab a potion, leaving Justin nodding his head in an excited manner, "I could get used to this, reminds me of a few of the cool guys I knew on the team." Upon Dom's return, Justin opened up his trading menu as he followed along the quick steps in doing so, "I'm surprised it strikes through armor though, is there such an gear that would prevent environmental effects such as that?" He could easily imagine other floors with poisonous, freezing, burning, or worse effects that would require a lot more protection than some measly desert winds, but it was a simple guess at best. He deposited the potion within his inventory and exited the trading menu, then watched as the other got into a casual running track position. Justin aligned himself perpendicular to Dom and held his hand up, keeping only the thumb, index, and middle fingers outstretched, "Got it, on my mark. Ready, set, BANG!" He clicked in his thumb, indicating the start of the (what at first looked like to spectators) race through the desert, before following the fellow towards the quest destination.

+1 Health Potion (Heals 5HP per post for one post.)

He listened to Juzt's question before they took off, "Unfortunately, no. Floors that have environmental effects tend to supersede anything. Upon places that have burning, freezing, I think there is something to help with those effects. But nothing I can think of at the moment." He answered his question as the man then gave a thumbs sign up, on the word BANG! he blitzed forward in full sprint heading outside the safe zone of the town Armadillo.

(From this point forward, each post will have a Die Rolled. If the craft die is a 1, then you take 1 point of damage. in this zone you cannot regenerate health outside of combat due to the winds.)

ID: 18930

CD: 11 (No damage taken)

Outside the town the heat was immediately baring upon the two men as they charged through the desert. He had slowed his pace from a full scale sprint to a fast jog in order to reach the quest location in a considerable amount of time. "We'll keep up this pace for maybe an hour and a half then we'll stop to drink some water! This zone can also take you down by dehydration so we're going to do this right. We'll stop for about 5 to 6 minutes to regain our breath and composure then go for about another hour and a half of fast jogging." he shouted at Juzt who was not lagging behind him at all, but wanted to make sure his voice was loud enough for him to hear. During the fast paced jogging he continued a series of breathing exercises he did back in the real world when he was strength training to keep his heart beat and breath as close to inline as possible as they both get elevated during long runs like this, luckily he had just obtained the skill Athletics before they did this run helping him keep his heartbeat and breath inline like he wanted to.

HP:

Ssendom 32/32

Juzt 11/11

Justin was quite disappointed to find out that something as simple as desert winds didn't have a way to overcome them, but he figured that they couldn't be too harmful if that was the case. If he found out that the wind was too damaging, the two could simply head back into town before they got into too critical of a situation. However, with the party of two departing the town. they both maintained a fast yet not overbearing pace to make it their both quickly and efficiently. Their goal was to have two periods of running, an hour and a half long, with a break for water and air. He said as he matched the volume, "Sounds like a good plan!" Justin wasn't too sure what sort of background Dom had, but it must have been a pretty athletic one to say the least. If he was able to maintain a speed this well, he must have had a background similar to his own; one filled with a variety of sports, track, or something a little more interesting like a militaristic career. Before they got too far, Justin was reminded of something he had meant to ask beforehand, "Do you happen to know what we're getting? I know she said it was some cargo, but what's the deal with it being in the middle of the desert?"

[Dice Roll] 19148 || 7 || 7 || 6 || 6

[ssendom] 32/32

[Juzt] 11/11

CD of 7, no damage taken.

[ssendom] 32/32

[Juzt] 11/11

ID: 19216

CD: 5 (No Damage Taken)

Ssendom maintained pace during the blistering heat, he seemed absolutely resilient and unwavering in the run that they were taking. His mind seemed to wander off though he yet kept track of the location he was heading to, he remembered running frantically through a plains as he was being chased by some rough shod kids in a car. He could feel their presence on his back as they were gaining distance on him, he ran as hard and as fast as he could for the forest that was just at the edge of plains if only he could run faster. His pace slowly started to pick up without realizing it, he was completely entranced in his nightmare (Or Daymare... Since it's during the day XD). He could faintly hear Juzt asking him a question which broke him of his trance, he blinked for a second then looked up at the time on his HUD they had been running for a little over an hour and a half. He peered around for a spot with a large amount of shade, he saw a very large rock making quite a bit of shade he pointed to it, "I'll answer your question over there." He said without having any issues in breathing, he slowed to a stop under the nice cool feel of the shade and plopped down on his bum and pulled out two waters tossing one to Juzt so the man wouldn't need to waste his supply of water. "What were getting is an Extra skill from the quest. What we're getting for the lady is her food supplies so she doesn't starve, regardless of if she's an NPC she could die without eating just like anyone else." He twisted his nice to and fro popping it to feel some relaxation in his neck. "The extra skill is called 'Survivalist' in the information brokers book, is passively increases your maximum HP allowing you to live longer and take more hits. Perfect quest to start off your adventure, as long as you can handle a little heat." He chuckled as he mentioned it. He hopped up onto his feet after drinking his water, he stretched popping his bones. "When you start running that way..." he pointed in the direction of the quest, "I'll sprint ahead of you quickly and that way I can continue the lead but it'll allow you to rest up some." 

[ssendom] 32/32

[Juzt] 11/11

It was good to see that Dom hadn't completely lost Justin in whatever lucid state he was in, but was more eager to take a moment to pause even if running in this game didn't bring about exhaustion like it so easily could in the real world. It felt unreal how easy some activities were in this world, yet felt so life like in the feeling of it all; this could quite quickly become a reality that some people wanted, it sure beat the reality of no longer having a sports career after all of this. Taking a seat next to Dom on a rock, he finally got an answer and a half, "That's quite... odd. Why would her food supply be left out here in the weltering heat of the desert? Obviously, someone had to br-" Justin placed his head gently into the palm of his hand, shaking it as if he knew he was an idiot, "Hard to remember that these sorts of things don't have to follow the logic of real life, quite lame if you ask me." Regardless of his lacking compliance to the laws of games, he was quite glad to hear they were going to get a pretty sweet reward, "An increased max health sounds pretty good for something this easy, wonder if most of the other quests are this easy." While he was speaking, Dom had already gotten ready to move on, "Sure, meet you there." He let the other player run off while he leaned back and looked up at the sky, "This really is such a weird feeling, I could just imagine myself laying on the playing field right now warming up and seeing the same sky." After a few moments of contemplation, Justin hoisted himself up and kept a fast, solid pace with the intent on catching up to the second member of the duo.

[Dice Roll] 19334 || 10 || 5 || 20 || 5

[ssendom] 32/32

[Juzt] 11/11

CD of 5, no damage taken.

[ssendom] 32/32

[Juzt] 11/11

Ssendom kept his pace on a slightly slower track so Juzt could catch up to him, he watched the sky for awhile during his jog until he could hear Juzt catch up in which case he altared his speed to accomodate the speed at which Juzt wanted to take. When the man caught up, "So what took you so long? We got one more break then a short distance till we get there." He chuckles as he points up at the sky, "It's starting to reach midday, if we're going to get this done we gotta speed this up a bit. We want to make it there shortly after nightfall hits. We'll be able to rest a bit maybe a grand total of four hours, then we gotta haul ass back. It'll take longer to go back since we'll be over encumbered." He begins to explain to Juzt.

CD: 1 (Takes 1 Damage)

As they're running his skin begins to split a bit, data particles begin slowly spill out of the spots as the wind begins to pick up. "Well, looks like Midday aint gonna be no good to us. Lets speed this up a bit." He shouts while picking up his pace during the run up the massive sand dune.

Ssendom: 31/32

Juzt 11/11

Once Justin had caught up to Dom, there wasn't much else to it. A little chatter amongst the barren desert, howling winds striking strong against the two players, and their destination slowly getting nearer and nearer. Dom took a small jab at Justin's ability to catch up, but didn't really bother the man since he intentionally did so, "Just sight seeing, haven't been to this floor before, remember?" He kept his speed steady, knowing that both of them adjusting their speed to one another's would get them nowhere fast. "Not sure if we'll need another break, but if you're up for one, I'm game. If we come across an oasis, that's where we'd have to take it." He knew that the trip back would be more work than their current leg of the journey and wanted to focus more on that, having no idea just how big or small a load it would be. He assumed Dom didn't know since the lady never really mentioned anything about the details or contents, but they'd surely be able to handle it, especially since there was two of them instead of one. Justin noticed as Dom began to lose a bit of health, even if it was only a mere sliver, "I guess what they said about this place was true, perhaps it is a bit more dangerous than it looks." He too picked up the pace, following Dom up and over another one of the many dunes they've since crossed.

[Dice Roll] 19822 || 7 || 10 || 18 || 3

[ssendom] 31/32

[Juzt] 11/11

CD of 10, no damage taken.

[ssendom] 31/32

[Juzt] 11/11

ID: 19834

CD: 1 (Damage taken >.<)

The wind began to cause red data fragments to start flying from his body again as the moon began to rise and the sun began to set. Not too far away their location was in view a completely destroyed cart with things tossed around all over the place, "Item's hooooooo!!!!" He shouted in a comical voice. He picked up speed to get to the broken caravan and immediately began pulling chests and boxes out of the sand, he places them about so they would be easy to pick up and lug around. He thought about it for a second after words looking at the caravan and all it's pieces about with the possibility of being rebuilt, "Lets go ahead and build the caravan back up since it's cooler now, that way we can just muscle it all instead of fumbling trying to hold everything in your hands and not dropping them at all." He explains as he immediately gets to work building the caravan back up, "This'll be at least a two person job." He chuckles as he starts putting things together.

Ssendom: 30/32

Juzt 11/11

Justin looked a little concerned about Dom's health bar being slowly chipped away, red fragments of data being carried away in the desert winds as he thought about how much more of a percentage of health he would lose in comparison, "Are you sure you don't need another break? Could get wor-" He looked ahead as if on command, surprised that they had made it to the location in such a considerably decent time. He expected they would get lost at some point or overshoot the location, but it was pretty straightforward in both direction and effort. They both picked up the pace as if the caravan gave them a second wind, but upon arriving, they found it had been broken and filled with sand. Lending a hand, Justin would help take out the boxes to reveal the entire caravan in its current condition, "It definitely looks like it can be salvaged, I'd say it's worth the spare time and effort, especially with how much luggage there is." He began pushing some of the more troublesome sand out of the way to make it easier to pull out and begin working on the damaged wheel, "Sure it is, I don't think you'd be able to do this all by yourself!" He chuckled, hoping that it'd bring forth a little retaliation, making the time go by quicker and with much more amusement.

[Dice Roll] 19926 || 9 || 9 || 13 || 2

[ssendom] 30/32

[Juzt] 11/11

CD of 9, no damage taken.

[ssendom] 30/32

[Juzt] 11/11

ID: 19931

CD: 12

Ssendom seemed completely rejuvenated when working on the caravan, he got more into the rebuilding it. Juzt made a comical comment towards him, "Make sure you can keep up this time, put some muscle into moving the luggage." He chuckled keeping the intentions of the sentence as a joke. After about half an hour they had managed to completely reassemble the thing, He wiped the sweat from his forehead. "Well, we'll have time to rest for now. This way we don't have to lay on the sand." He dropped his HUD menu once again and tosses a water bottle over to him as well, "We'll rest for about two hours then we'll head out, till then lets get all the luggage on top." He called out. Determined he split the load with Juzt to get the luggage on top of it, after he finished his part he sat and began drinking his water.

Ssendom: 30/32

Juzt 11/11

Justin was pretty pleased with how quickly things were going, considering the poor caravan was absolutely covered in a heaping helping of sand, but they were both quick and capable of removing all that had plagued the inanimate object. It certainly made things noticeably speed by with the joking going on between them and before long, they’d be rewarded for all their hard work and effort. Sitting in front of them would rest a weary caravan, both tidied and patched up for another long lasting life of carrying passengers and merchandise alike. The other player would toss him a water bottle as he suggested this would be the best time to relax with understanding that it’d be a longer journey back, “Sure thing boss, I could use a little cat nap.†He kept up a steady pace of replacing the equipment that they had removed from the caravan before starting off the water bottle he had received. Two hours was a lot of time and he knew the time would fly by a lot faster if he used it to completely refresh himself, “If I’m not up in time, just push me off.†Leaning comfortable against one of the boxes, he began to doze off.

[Dice Roll] 19933 || 5 || 9 || 10 || 6

[ssendom] 30/32

[Juzt] 11/11

CD of 9, no damage taken.

[ssendom] 30/32

[Juzt] 11/11

ID: 20186

CD: 9 (No damage taken)

Ssendom got just about two hours of shut eye then he could see in his closed eyes a bright yellow light of the alarm notification he had set while laying down before sleep. He opened his eyes and turned off the alarm, he turned to look over at Juzt then gets up to his and hops down infront of the caravan. He takes one of the posts that would have been for a beast to pull it via reins, but there was no time to try and find a creature strong enough and quick enough to get them there. He began to push on the post that began to pull the caravan toward the town. He began huffing and puffing as he pushed on it, giving it all his might after a little while his huffing and puffing could be heard easily. Every now and again he'd take a small pause to drink his water when he could get the caravan not to slide in the sand. "Yo when you're ready to get up, help would be greatly appreciated." He shouted over to him with a chuckle. The winds seemed to have died off a bit and left a cool gentle breeze to roll over both of them.