[SP-F1] To the Mat Grind #1 (Complete)

Ssendom exited the Teleportation gate and rolled his neck around to pop it a few times. 'I am going to need to acquire more mats in order to work in the forge, and purchase some items... seems mats are as important as col when it comes to it purchasing stuff from player ran shops.' He begins to ponder to himself. After a short while of thinking, he cracks his knuckles in both hands and starts charging forth into the fields to slay some monsters in the far side of the floor where the Nepents stay, 'I love killing me some Nepents, their attack patterns are relatively easy to predict, plus I still have that pickaxe I got from the quest. Maybe I'll find some ore nodes to hit up for some extra mats.' he thinks during his jog there.

ID: 18667

LD: 18 (Ore Node Found: 1 Mat)

Not too long after entering the forest Ssendom came across a small rocky ledge above him, at the base of it was an ore deposit, "Hell, it must be my lucky day. Start right off the bat with a node, lady luck is smiling at me today." He pull the pickaxe out of his menu HUD and smacked at the deposit 3 times with 3 mighty swings. It burst into a thousand blue data fragments and a note popped up on his HUD '1 material obtained' he motioned his hard like chugging a train as a victory sign, "Lets smash some face and smack some nodes... Heh, I quite like that statement, I might just use it again some day." He said out loud to himself, then he begun to realize how ridiculous it must have looked talking to himself. "Well, there is nothing wrong with talking to yourself it's only weird if you answer yourself right?" without wasting a breath he answered his own question "Right." then facepalmed himself "I am such an idiot at times like these." as he talked to himself he heard the sound of branches snapping, he turned his head to look at where it was coming from. He saw a Nepent walking it's way towards him, "Looks like it's aggro table was triggered when I struck the node, that'll make hunting much easier." He smirked knowing he could willing allow his bloodlust to thrive out in the open.

Mats collected: One.

ID: 18668

BD: 8 (Hit)

Ssendom dropped his menu HUD quickly with his left hand, sifted to his equipment almost as fast as he dropped down the menu and equipped the Boar-Spine Claymore into his right hand. He smirked with an almost evil grin, it seemed as though fighting was one of the few things that was his true calling. Knowing that he did not need to cover the back of any allies in the area he ran forward recklessly at the Nepent, as he began to reach it he swung wildly and with ferocious strength, cleaving straight into the Nepent staggering it away from him, "Oh I have missed the art of fighting by myself, the act of fighting without the worry of consequences of others is purely magnificent!" He shouted in a blood rage.

MD: 6 (Hit)

After the Nepent gained it's balance again from the blindingly reckless attack it received the from the player it was fighting, it threw out it's vine-like arm and whipped Ssendom across his entire body, The creature stepped back in slight fear as it seemed the player only seemed to enjoy the attack that much more, "Oh don't shy away, you'll make it all the boring if you cower. You rotten waste of vegetation!" He cackled in a menacing tone.

LD: 17 (Mat Acquired)

With the pickaxe on his back, he yanked it off and slammed into a deposit he noticed he was standing on. "You're cowering from me so much, I can keep my eyes peeled for nodes and collect more mats. That's just boring you piece of crap." He stated in an angrier voice as the deposite exploded into blue data fragments dropping his foot to the ground, then just as effortlessly as he had yanked it off his back he then smacked it right back into place. '1 Material Acquired'

Ssendom: 22/23

Nepent: 10/13

Mats Collected: Two.

ID: 18669

BD: 10 (Double Crit = DMG+2)

The Nepent took another step backwards in fear, Ssendom then snapped into a bloodthirsty rage "DON'T YOU DARE RUN PREY!" In a bonechilling scream. He blitzed forward drove his blade into the dead center of the creature driving it into the ground, it's agonizing cry and scream could be heard just as loud as his rage filled one. The anger in his eyes was forcing the beast to tremble. He then ripped the blade out of the creature just as painfully as he had drove it into it causing it to cry and scream more. His breathing became heavy as he just let the rage overtake him and lead him through the battle.

MD: 7 (Hit)

In udder terror and fear, it desperately tried to smack Ssendom away and hit with a surer strike but again he did not budge from the attack. It desperately tried to get up quickly, the fear growing more and more into the Nepent unknowing of what to do against such a menacing foe. It began to back away some more.

LD: 17 (Mat Obatined)

From where it had been driven into the ground, it unveiled yet another ore deposit. He gave it a quick glace, then walked up to it and just as he had done before while fighting the Nepent he effortlessly smacked the deposit causing it to disperse into thousands of blue data fragments and dissipate. '1 Materal Obtained' he then smirked knowing that this creature was his good luck and he wanted it dead more so than anything else, he hated the fear it exuded so much it caused him to spit at the ground in distaste.

Ssendom: 21/23

Nepent: 5/13

Mats Collected: Three.

ID: 18670

BD: 2 (Miss)

Ssendom charged again as the creature continue to give the hint of it trying to flee for it's life. As he reached it he attempted a wide horizontal swing, but the Nepent was able to see through the attack and did it's best to dive out of the way collapsing on the ground in sheer pain. The force of the reckless swing of his two-handed claymore with one hand lodged it into the tree trunk, "Tch" in an annoyed mannerism he made a sound to represent it, he turned to look at the creature "You're going to die a painful excruciating death... why prolong it you unintelligible waste of vegetation." He continued to say in his annoyed mannerism as he yanked his sword out of the tree leaving a large data fragment line in the shape of the scar that would be there. He swings the sword in an upward arc having it land on his shoulder. "You... Will... Die!" He muttered in as evil a tone as ever.

MD: 5 (Miss)

The Nepent swung it's vine as strong as it could when Ssendom put his blade on his shoulder. He easily moved the sword with both hands to knock away the vine, "Come on, this is what you're doing? This pointless folly!?" He shouted in question at it, "I can't wait to dispatch you, it's itching at the back of my head." He stated with smirk as cunning and evil as ever.

LD: 11 (No Mats found)

He kept his eyes peeled for any deposits around him, but it was his stance of this with no lucky after attacking the Nepent. "Looks like I gotta smack you around in order to get my mats, what a shame." He said in a slightly disappointing tone.

ID: 18671

BD: 5 (Miss)

Ssendom begins to drag his sword on the ground, the sound of it thumping into vines and roots cause the Nepent to quiver in fear. It was in complete and total terror of the man who seemed to hold no regard to his survival and well being, the creature could feel the pure intent to kill that resided in the man. He hones in his eyes then begins to charge, as he is about to reach the creature who had been crawling away from him, he lifts his sword from behind him with his one hand to throw a devastating strike upon the creature. Before the blade came crashing down it rolled out of the way of the attack, the strike hits the ground with enough force causing the creature to get slid back by the sheer force of the attack, it begins to get back on it's feet knowing that all it could do was fight.

MD: 2 (Miss)

It threw both of it's vines forward to try and strike Ssendom directly into his face, but the fear overrode the creatures senses causing it to miss without Ssendom even having to move a muscle. "Pathetic, you're a creature with the mental fortitude of a rabbit." He accused it of being cowardly with his statement, it took some effort but he yanked the blade out of the ground and placed it on his shoulder as he had done thus far. The creature was in enough fear that it couldn't retract it's vines it was almost paralyzed by it's fear.

LD: 8 (No Mats Found)

Ssendom didn't even bother looking around for any more nodes, he was determined now to solely kill the creature, and he wasn't going to hold back doing so. He would continue his search once the creature exploded into a mass amount of data fragments.

ID: 18687

BD: 7 (Hit)

The Nepent frozen in place began to realize that it's vines were still outstretched, it began to retract them but it was too late. Ssendom grabbed one of the vines with a strength the Nepent couldnt fight back to, "I TOLD YOU NOT TO RUN!" He Brought his claymore down on the creatures vine completely severing it. It cried out in absolute agony, it had never felt pain of this magnitude before. Ssendom cackled at the brutal scenario that had portrayed thus far, "You gotta love it, when they prey is on it's last leg. I can't wait to drive this blade into you to finish you off." He glared at it with an intensity that seemed as though it could burn holes, he began to lick his lips in an eerily terrifying manner.

MD: 9 (Crit = DMG + 1)

The creature was on it's last leg indeed, it backed up directly in a tree with nowhere to go. There was no escape route, the man had it pinned in a corner and it still quivered and shook in fear. Ssendom's creepy grin turned into annoyed gritting of the teeth, "FIGHT BACK ALREADY!" He screamed at it completely entranced in his rage. As he screamed at it, it put everything it could muster into a strike. The creature pierced through Ssendom's left shoulder, then it began to feel like the tides were turning until it began to hear the man cackle again. "Yes... It's much better when the prey fights back. It makes it that much more exciting!" The eerily terrifying face had returned, he was enjoying the pain that the creature inflicted on him. It retracted it's outstretched vine in fear of being unable to anything else.

LD: 20 (Mat Obtained)

Without even looking, Ssendom took the pickaxe off his back with his left hand surprising as it was due to his shoulder being pierced he shouldn't have the ability to move his arm. He slammed the pickaxe on right into an ore deposit '1 Material Obtained' he chuckled "See, when I hit you... My luck drastically increases... I love that about this. The more I kill you, the more I gain." he stated as he continued to chuckle and walk towards the Nepent.

Ssendom: 19/23

Nepent: 2/13

Mats Collected: Four.

ID: 18961

BD: 8 (Hit)

LD: 9 (No bonus loot, Mat Obtained from kill)

Watching the pathetic Nepent quake and shiver in absolute terror was beginning to become an eye sore to Ssendom, he gritted his teeth as it slowly became to anger him looking at something so useless it could barely even fight. It had injured him but he didn't care, he was more irritated at the fact the creature finally got his bloodlust for a good fight going, but it was an act of last desperation. It would never overcome Ssendom, he was far stronger than the creature could have hoped to be. After staring at it, he was done with the creature, "You bore me pest, disperse from my sight!" He shouted as he began to swing his sword then threw it with might strength from the distance he was at from the Nepent.

The sword pierced directly into the Nepent's closed flower like head, as it became pinned to the tree. After the hp bar depleted on the creature it exploded into millions of blue data fragments, '1 Material Obtained' his sword still glorious affixed the tree of the kill spot. "Well, that was simple. Time to go onto material farming. Wish it would have had a bigger back bone though." He muttered under his breath as he pulled the sword out of the tree, he sheathed it in it's scabbard and withdrew his pickaxe,

"Back to the grind then." his aura had an almost complete paradigm shift, from a bloodthirsty berserker to a calm collective miner of sorts. He walked forward as if the fight had never occurred.

Ssendom: 19/23

Mats Collected: Five.

ID: 18791

LD: 13 (No materials found)

After slaying the Nepent, he strolled around the forest for a pit, the pickaxe laying upon his right shoulder lazily holding it in place there. He walked down a small hill away from the previous kill spot and looked around but finding no ore deposits, "I swear, if I can't find anymore ore because I am no longer killing that Nepent I'ma be real pissed. So pissed I'll probably kill another." He began to chuckle, "Oh hell, I'd kill another just for the sake of killing another... But alas there is none around, which is just as aggravating." He continued to talk to himself to drown out the sound of nobody being around, "It is much easier to fight by myself, I don't have to hide my insatiable love for fighting as I do around others. But I do enjoy the company of others... Man I'm so conflicted." He chuckled again as he kept walking and searching for nodes.

Ssendom 20/23 (Healed 1 Hp while out of combat)

ID: 18792

LD: 9 (No Mats Found)

He continued walking around the forest seemingly aimlessly. Not really following a particular path, knowing that the power farmers were probably out in force following a strict path that held the fastest mat farming. That wasn't his purpose to come out here, the point was to get some alone time honestly. He wanted to unleash the beast within him that he had caged, he loved to fight but he had to withhold how he truly loved to fight... Reckless, he wanted to charge forth and cause havoc without having to worry about someone's opinion or them being fearful of him turning on them. He cared too much about those he traveled with, he only felt this way towards the monsters of this world. He valued the lives of others too much to have this same ideal towards them, he knew if the ones he was killing wouldn't affect the real world at all he could indulge and not feel like a real murderer. He shuddered at the thought of him ever truly murdering somebody, but something deep down in his stomach he knew he might end up having to one day. He tried so hard to keep that picture and thought out of his head.

After walking aimlessly for so long he was beginning to get frustrated more, "Seriously, I know I'm not following a path but damn! I thought there might be ONE node around here, that stupid Nepent took all my luck with it's death." He muttered angrily and continued to walk without a path set in mind.

Ssendom 21/23 (Healed 1 HP while out of combat)

ID: 18795

LD: 12 (No Mats Found)

The hunt for mats wasn't getting any better, although he had made a better run than most it still wasn't enough to satisfy him. He came all this way to hunt for materials and he wasn't finding anymore although he got to release some stress with a fight against a Nepent which he absolutely maimed and decimated, to which he felt no remorse for doing so. He continued his walk not finding a single ore deposit to strike at, "Looks like this must have been in the material power farming path. They tend to circle the inner most part of the forest and it seems I'm headed that way. They're probably going to go north and circle west, I should start by heading east then north. I'll probably have more luck that way." He began telling himself in a logical sense, he then began to act upon his projected thought and headed east to continue the search for materials.

Ssendom 22/23 (Healed 1 HP while out of combat)

ID: 18803

LD: 13 (No Mats found)

The farther he went east the better, he happened to come across an ore deposit "Ha, I knew to follow this path." He took his pickaxe and smacked it against the node 3 times. It exploded into blue data fragments, 'No Materials Obtained' he stared at the message on his HUD, "That... was so disappointing, it's only slightly humorous." He stared at it longer and he chuckled a little bit, cause to be fairly honest it was slightly funny. But it was just as annoyingly frustrating as it was funny. He plopped the Pickaxe on his shoulder and looked around to see if he aggro'd any Nepents, but none were to be seen in his field of vision. "Guess I need to obtain a material in order to aggro some of these damned vegatables." He sighs and continued to walk east slowly turning his path towards a northward direction since he came from the south edge.

Ssendom 23/23 (Healed 1 HP while out of combat)

ID: 18804

LD: 19 (Material found)

As Ssendom dropped from a ledge to a lower section, he noticed during his drop that there was an ore deposit, "This mineral vein better have something in his, or I am throwing this Pickaxe as far as I possibly can." He rose the pickaxe and smacked at it three times which has become habit while out of combat for him. '1 Material obtained' "Huzzah, That's exactly what I wanted to read." He said cheerfully. His ears slightly twitched as he heard a noise.

MD: 6 (Hit)

He turned his head to see a Nepent directly behind him. "Where the hell did yo-" He got cut off as the Nepent swung wide hitting him towards the rocky wall nailing him against it. "You won't even let me finish my statement, you're gonna regret that." He said in a disturbing tone with a menacing grin. He swipes down his Menu HUD and sends it directly to the equipment menu and equips his Vine-Wire Necklace of Accuracy.

BD: 10 + 1 = 11 (DMG + 2)

After he shifts the menu away, he grabs a rock above him quickly pulling himself up then launching off it swapping the sword and pickaxe using separate hands for each. He gripped the sword during the decent in mid and plunged the sword into the Nepents head causing it to shriek as loud as possible in agony. He ripped out the blade as violently as it drove it then dropped to the ground, following up with his sword swinging it blunt side into the mid section of the creature knocking it to the floor. "That'll teach you trash," He mocked it as it thumped upon the floor, "You started a fight you really wish you hadn't."

Ssendom 22/23

Nepent  9/14

Mats Collected: Six.

ID: 18812

LD: 17 (Material Found)

From where he knocked the Nepent away he looked down and saw a node sitting there, "Well... Guess it is true, the more I kill yall the more materials I find. Dontcha just love the way that works you dumb creature?" He chuckled as he smacked it with incredibly violent strength immediately dispersing it into thousands of blue data fragments. '1 Material Obtained' "Now shall we continue this tango? I'm rather enjoying this." He gleefully said in a bloodthirsty like attitude.

This Nepent seemed more violent and confident than the other Ssendom brutally maimed and killed. It seemed determined to fight back, It launched both of it's vines one to smack him throwing his balance off the other to lift him off the ground and throw him into a tree. "Damn, you're trying to keep me at a distance arn't you. You're more lively and fun than the others, I can't wait to destroy you." He cawed almost drooling at the entertainment of the fight he was about to have with it.

BD: 1 (Miss, no amount of bonus ACC will make this attack hit.)

Ssendom couldn't get any more excited for this fight. Just as he was about to charge forth, the creature wrapped it's vines around him pinning him to the tree. Succeeding in restraining his arm against with his blade against the tree. He was just getting hungrier and more ecstatic for the fight, he loved the fight the monster was putting up. "You better have a good grip on me, lest you lose your vines." He cackled at it.

Ssendom 21/23

Nepent 9/14

Mats Collected: Seven.

ID: 18813

MD: 4 (Miss)

The Nepent tried it's damnedest to withhold Ssendom in place, but the more is tighted the stronger Ssendom seemed to resist he slowly started pulling his arm down as it desperately tried to without him against the tree. When it begun to see that it was failing to hold him in place it tried to completely release to return it's vines back to itself, but it was too late to do so. Ssendom in returned grabbed the creatures vine with strength it could not fight back against.

BD: 6 + 1 = 7 (Hit)

He pulled the Vine closer to it slowly but with overpowering strength, he grinned creepily, "I told you if I got loose, you would lose these." Just as he did with the other Nepent he brutally sliced off the creatures vine it began to wail in pain, It's vine originally over 2 yards in length was sliced down to a few inches in one single strike from his sword. "Mmm, cry some more... I love it, it's like music to my ears." He cackled obnoxiously and began to waltz forward to attack the creature again.

LD: 9 (No Mats found)

Ssendom didn't even bother to look around for mats, He was so entranced into the fight he was praying to the gods of the hunt. He was going to savor every moment of this fight, the Nepent didn't seem to cower in fear like the previous one it seemed more determined than ever to get it's revenge on Ssendom for losing it's vine. "Like I said before, let's tango." He repeated in an equally eerie voice.

Ssendom 21/23

Nepent 6/14

ID: 18819

As Ssendom began walking toward the Nepent with that same terrifying grin on his face. It used the only vine it had left to strike back, it landed a sure hit but didn't stop his momentum towards the Nepent. The creature knew it had landed a strong attack upon the man, and it was stunned that it seemed to almost not even phase him. The seeds of fear began setting in on the creature, it slowly began to tremble at this very scary man walking in a very savage manner towards it.

BD: 6 + 1 = 7

The creature desperately tried to stop his stride towards it, but to no avail. Ssendom was too strong for the Nepent to handle. After it retracted it's vine back it saw the nepent show an opening, and he didn't hesitate one second to take the opening. He charged as fast as he possibly could and swung his blade wide horizontally slashing across the stomach area of the creature, it wailed in pain causing him to grin more and more. "I love it when you cry, it rings so sweet." He cackled menacingly.

LD: 19 (Mat Acquired)

The Nepent hobbled backwards as blue data fragments spilled out it's stomach like area where it was slashed as if it were it's blood. He lifted the pickaxe off his back and slammed it into an ore deposit where the creature was standing. "See, when I kill you the God of the Hunt blesses me with gifts for killing my prey. I gotta kill you some more." He smiled so wickedly while the HUD notified him '1 Material Obtained.'

Ssendom 20/23

Nepent 3/14

Materials Collected: Eight.

ID: 18827

The Nepent began throwing it's vine around rentlessly and aimlessly to slow down Ssendom, but he continually deflected the attacks with his sword and stepped or dodged out of the pathway of the attack. The creature was incredibly stunned at the fact that it could not hit the man a single time no matter how hard it tried. The imminent thought of fear and death began running through the mind of the creature it was slowly becoming paralyzed by the fact it was about to be killed by this player.

BD: 2 + 1 = 3

Ssendom began to rush the creature he wanted to kill the creature as brutally as possible, as he reached the creature he brought he swung his blade in an upward arcing motion to completely divide it in two. The creature barely dodged the attack and collapsed on the floor, it thumped on the ground and quickly got back up trying to stay alive as much as possible. He continually chuckled as he strolled towards the Nepent as he swings the sword onto his shoulder his chuckle slowly evolving to a cackle, "It's about time you just died."

LD: 13 (No mats found)

He strolled right over an ore deposit but didn't bother to smack it like the others he had come across, he wanted this thing to die more so than paying attention to the environment around him. "When you die, the God of the Hunt will be very generous in his gift to me. Regardless of how I kill you, I win... That's all that matters." He continued to mock the creature who's fear seemed to be petrified by the man that was about to deliver the killing blow.

ID: 18833

BD: 9 + 1 = 10 (DMG+1)

LD: 3 (No bonus loot)

The creature desperately tried to strike Ssendom, it went again to reckless wild swings that Ssendom easily knocked away and dodged. It stopped swinging to learn that Ssendom had again walked through it unscathed, the Nepent dropped down as if it was about to be beheaded and executed as it then had just given up knowing it's life had come to an end. Ssendom brought the blade up above his head and looked at it with an angry face, "It bothers me that you decided to forfeit your life instead of fighting to the very end. This is the exact reason you Nepents don't derserve to stay alive." He then swung his blade mightily completely decapitating the creature causing it to explode into millions of little blue data fragments. "That was almost as enjoyable a finisher as the other Nepent... I enjoyed playing darts with it's head." He looked at the right side of his HUD and sees '1 Material Obtained' he stretches and chuckles, "It was still worth killing it." He turned around and began walking back south. "I'll look a little longer then head back to town, it's beginning to reach midday and I would sure enjoy a meal right about now." He said in a happy tone as he strutted back the way he came.

Ssendom 20/23

Materials Collected: Nine.

ID: 18835

LD: 7 (No Mats found)

Ssendom continued walking on when it suddenly hit him, "I totally forgot that ore deposit back there." He turns to look back and realizes how far he has already walked, "Meh screw it, there will be more along the way back to town. This forest is beginning to bore me. These Nepents have no spunk to them, they just keel over when you kick their ass instead of fight to the last breath." He sighs and continues walking back towards town, keeping his eyes peeled open for any ore deposits. As continued to walk back almost the exact same path he took to get there as his recollection and ability to back track were quite the amazing sight to behold, although he was the only one who could view upon it. "I swear, people will be incredibly happy to when they realize I can get them outa any situation when it comes to knowing how to get out of a labyrinth of confusing maze like zone." He chuckles praising himself, "It will be nice to be around people again, I can only hunt by myself once every so often. Meo-chan got me used to be around others." He continues to ramble onto himself.

ID: 18850

LD: 14 (Sooooo close)

Ssendom begins to reach the edges of the forest near the path that leads back to the Town of beginnings, and he hadn't come across a single ore deposit anywhere on his travel back. "Well... I guess I should have gone after that mineral vein after all..." he sighs, "Oh well nine mats collected on this run, that's probably better than most people do on their material farming runs out here. And to be frank I honestly didn't search for that long." He continued to talk to himself as he walked back to the Town of Beginnings to head back to the Teleportation gate. "I gotta choose a different place to farm materials, cause man these Nepents were starting to get on my nerves with their 'Fear' crap... I mean come on, fight till you die or don't fight at all... It's just a nuisance for those who are willing to give everything to win their fight." he heckled the Nepents even though they were dead and could not hear him. He stretched as he walked placing his hands behind his head for comfort as he stared at the sky while it became a shade of orange during since the time was beginning to transition from day to dusk.