[PP-F1] Kill the Decision (Lowenthal) COMPLETE

The sun glowed as noon approached. The day seemed to be dragging on and not much progress had been made for Lancelot. She had progressed a few levels but she was still far from being anything spectacular. She hadn't even invested her skill points yet. Leaving her with nothing but the basic stat line of one, zero, zero, and zero. Her damage out put wasn't great anyhow but her other stats were borderline horrid even for a beginner. She needed to get a good grind in. Something that would net her more skill points, experience and col. All the things quests had to offer. She wanted to do one, but going alone would prove to be a bad idea. She only knew  of a few people but doubt they would be able to help on such short notice. She scanned the crowds of people around her. No one in particular stood out. Guess I'll have to walk around and ask for help...woot...

Lowenthal had just left a restaurant, and Jomei's company. He had his hands in his pockets, and decided to walk over to his usual bench. Lowenthal sat down on his bench, and stared at the fountain's water jetting into the air. The water droplets creating small rainbows as they fell. He sighed, this spot was never the same since he decided to become involved with the game and actually try to do something. He remembered his conversation with Ahti, the girl he had a small crush on. He needed to try and become himself. Rather then Lowenthal. He shook his head, and stared into the sky.

She meandered through the plaza. Mentally picking through potential players to ask to accompany her. Too strong. Nope, he looks weaker than myself. She seems rude. Though I guess I'd be considered rude myself since I'm judging these players based on their surface appearance. She pushed the judgmental thoughts from her head and focused on the next player that piqued her interest. There he was. Orange hair. Reminiscent of Jomei she thought. He seemed content with staring at the fountain before him. That is until he shook his head and stared at the sky. Lancelot made her way to the player and sat at the fountain. Waving to him, she tried to grab his attention. A warm smile worn on her face as she enjoyed the slight drizzle from the fountain.

Lowenthal was about to fall asleep when he saw a frantic motion. He looked down and saw a woman looking at him, waving her hand at him. She was cute, with her black hair. And she look like she had just logged in. But just because she was waving at him, didn't mean she was waving at him. He pointed at himself, looking at her. Last thing he needed on this day was to be embarrassed.

She had succeeded in grabbing his attention but he seemed to not realize he was the only person in that general direction.  Simply shaking her head yes, she got up and approached the player. "I don't often ask for help, but would you mind helping me with something?" She let the question dangle in the air. Her face grew a slight hint of red as she realized she had totally just walked up to a total stranger and failed to introduce herself in the least. Taking step back, she shook her head as she spoke again. "My apologies. It seems my manners have escaped me. My name is Lancelot. Yours?"

Lowenthal smiled, as he stood up. "Fear not. I am Lowenthal, Master of Shadows! And Inductee of Absolute Pin." He said, his fists on his hip, and a giant grin on his face. "And it is my pleasure to meet you, fair Lancelot." He said, giving her a bow. He then dropped his persona. "So, what'cha need help with?" He asked, sitting back down and patting the spot next to him on the bench.

"Nice to meet you Sir Lowenthal, " replied the noirette as she returned his bow with a slight curtsy. Stifling a few chuckles, she sat in the indicated spot on the bench and turned to face him. "Well I want to take on a quest but I can't decide on which one I want to partake. Have you taken any quests yet?" She realized her question might seem silly given their obvious level gap but she want to ask nonetheless. Her gaze shifted, focusing on the fountain and the water that flowed from it. It was a beautiful piece of scenery much like the rest of the game they were trapped in.

Lowenthal looked at Lancelot. "Well, there's been a ton of quests I've been on. I do suggest however a quest that'll give you some armor, or a better weapon." Lowenthal said, leaning back. "You have an idea on what you want to do?" Lowenthal said. "Cause, there's also a quest that lets you open a shop. Like I make clothing." He explained.

The fountain retained her attention until Lowenthal answered her question. Her gaze shifting back to the orange haired player, she listened as he informed her about quests. His suggestion of a quest regarded her gaining either new armor or a new weapon. She mulled it over briefly before speaking once again. "What would the names of those quests be and how difficult are they? Should I have somebody come with me?" She didn't want to sound weak in the least but she did want to be informed and wanted to take precautions if need be. Better to be safe than sorry she figured.

Xxxxx Lowenthal thought a little bit to remember the names. "Well, the ones I know that you can take a party into are <Earning A Living>, and <Secret Medicine of the Forest>." He said, naming a few quests he had done, he had received a message from his Sis not to long ago that her and his friends were doing the Secret of the medicine of Forest quest. "And there's a few that don't allow parties at all. Like the <Worn Out Welcome> quest. Which is where I got this jacket." Lowenthal said. "And really, the only way to make things difficult is to bring higher level players with you. Y'see, the mobs HP, is at least half of of the highest leveled player." Lowenthal tried to explain. He sized her up, before closing his eyes and nodding. "If you'd like, we could a quest where you'd get some good gear. Or we can do one where you can get some skill points." Lowenthal said, looking back at the fountain.

(OoC: SOrry, I was being lazy. I normally post more often then this. It shant happen again.)

She listened as Lowenthal named off a few of the possible quests she should take. The two that caught her attention were the <Secret Medicine of the Forest> one and the <Worn Out Welcome> quest. She mulled it over. Thinking about his offer while she was at it. Her perception of him was nice, kind, and a little aloof. Overall, a nice person. Making up her mind, she looked up to him and responded, "If it wouldn't be too much of a bother, would you mind helping me on both the <Worn Out Welcome> quest and the <Secret Medicine of the Forest> quest?" It wouldn't be a big deal if he couldn't but the company and help would be appreciated.

Lowenthal looked at Lancelot. "Well, shouldn't be too much trouble, I guess." He said, shrugging his shoulders. He could always use the skill points, he did need to get the night vision skill. And he needed to work on his stealth more. Lowenthal actually had a lot to work on, the more he thought about it. He nodded.  "Yeah. I'd be more then happy to help. Especially for one so pretty" He said, smiling. 

Lancelot's face turned a rosy crimson as she looked to the floor. Fiddling with her hands she offered an embarrassed thanks before trying to regain her composure. "Th-hanks. Er..mmm ...So is there anything in particular I need to gather or do before we partake in either of these quests? As reckless as I am, I'd rather not go into these unprepared haha." Returning to her normal self, Lancelot played around with her menu as she awaited Lowenthal's response.

Lowenthal chuckled at her reaction. "Well not really. You'll be with me, so ill be sure to take most of the heat." Lowenthal, rubbed his hand through his hair. "And since you're asking about quests, im assuming you're not much in the ways of Col." He said. There wasnt much she could do without col. It was the rpg law that you start with nothing and if your lucky, you get better gear. "Any thing you feel like doing?" Lowenthal asked, wanting to be polite.

Lancelot nodded as Lowenthal proclaimed he'd be the one taking most of the heat. He then poised a question that she responded to as the began messing with the hilt of her saber. "While I agree Col is important and all, I want to do those quest for the experience and growth rather than the fortune." Deciding to unsheathe her blade, Lancelot pointed towards the fields and responded to his latest question. "Actually there is something I want to do. Lets go kill something before I have to return back to my inn."

Lowenthal watched as Lancelot drew her blade, and pointed it. What nice theatrics. He thought, and she's has heart. "Sure, let's go kill a pig or two. Ouh! Think we'll find a wolf?" He said, grinning. Lowenthal crossed his arms behind his back, and started walking. "C'mon! We don't have time to dawdle, things aren't just gonna kill themselves." He said, laughing. He was excited, it had been a while since he had killed anything on floor one. And he was curious to see how well this Lancelot did in combat as well.

Lancelot nodded as Lowenthal agreed to go hunting with her. She followed along behind him, answering his questions as he tossed them about. "Boars? For chumps, Lowenthal. Lets find and Alpha Wolf". Though she was still a new player, she was actually pretty fearless. That, or extremely reckless. Lowenthal then picked up his pace, Lancelot picked up hers. not wanting to be left behind for dawdling. Inside she was thrilled. It had been nearly a week since her battle with the Titanic Taurus and she was looking for some new action. Hopefully she could fair well today. maybe even get the final hit. Only time will tell.

Lowenthal looked back at her, actually surprised by her iniative. "How about we go one and beyond that. Legend tells of a wolf so massive, it might as well be a special variant. Maybe even a boss." He said, winking at her and sticking out his tongue. Truth was, he knew of a wolf that was big, but not so much as a boss. He wanted to see how far her resolve would go, and how brave she is. He did how ever have no doubts.

Twirling her saber as they moved along, Lancelot's eyes widened at the mention of something larger than the presumed Alpha Wolf. "Are you yanking my chain or is there something like that for real?" She hated to be lied to and would have choice words should he be found guilty. Her saber nonchalantly swung about as they passed through the gate leading tot he fields. Her anticipation grew as she prepared to fight this mystery wolf Lowenthal had gone on about. This better not be a ruse. I'd hate to get my hopes up for nothing. After all how often does a newbie get a chance like this? Let's go! She was indeed fired up and waited for Lowenthal to spill the beans about the location of the beast.

Lowenthal turned his head back, and smiled. He knew that she would say that. "I take it you're more then happy to help me kill it then?" Lowenthal asked. "It's a bit tricky to summon the wolf." He explained. "We have to get at least two wolves, down to 1 hp and let them live. They'll howl, and summon it." He explained. It was hard for him to do, since he did a lot damage to the lower levels.