[PP - F4] Meeting Someone New, and Himself (Clarence)

Lowenthal teleported himself to the 4th floor. The cold was felt night instantly. Thankfully he had his jacket, but his face was pelted by the cold. He stepped off of the teleporter, his feet scrunching the fresh snow. He looked up at the starry night sky, the stars twinkling against the inky blue portrait that was the sky. The wind tugged at Lowenthal's coat, and the cold nipped his cheeks and nose. Lowenthal lied down in the snow, the snow crunching as he looked at the stars. He wondered if the stars were the same as the real world, and if not how had no one made a constellation chart. Lowenthal quieted his mind, and closed his eyes. Trying to collect himself.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarence quietly walked across the fourth floor, nothing in mind to do. His thoughts traveled around; His shop, friends, and then to Skylar. Clarence sighed and walked around some more, creating a small track of footprints in the snow. Clarence walked out to the distant parts of town, where if you really wanted to be alone.. you would find it there. It was still a safe zone but it also was a peaceful one. The image of a man in the snow rose up as Clarence took site of him, not much detail in the dark. "Hello? You okay?" Clarence called out into the winter storm, the snow and cold hitting Clarence in the face as a breeze flew by. { Hope he didn't want to be alone, would be kind of awkward if I disturbed his peace and quiet. }

Lowenthal woke up from his light snooze. He was just about to fall asleep, and yawned as h sat up. Snow stuck in his orange hair. "Oh, hey." He said to the figure in the dark. "You've come here to mope and think about life decisions too?" Lowenthal asked, leaning forward and resting his hands on his knees. He yawned and rubbed his eyes again. He looked closer, squinting in the darkness. "Why not sit down next to me here. Get to know each other better. We can mope off each other's problems." Lowenthal said, scooting over on the snowbank.

"Umm okay. thanks." Clarence laughed lightly to himself and sat next to the oranged hair man. "I'm Clarence by the way, and you are?" Clarence asked the man with a light smile, trying to be warm and friendly, even though this floor is anything but warm. { I wonder what he is doing out here. I hope everything is okay... well he did fall asleep so things have to be mildly okay in that. } Clarence sighed and rubbed his arms, the cold starting to get to him, but not wanting to show it. "And I did kind of come out here to mope and sit and think about things, but having someone to talk to would still be great." Clarence smiled again. { Hope he is okay with talking to someone. I usually am not when I first wake up }

Lowenthal lied back down after Clarence had sat down. Snow gently flying upward at the rate Lowenthal lied back down. "I'm lowenthal. 'Master of Shadows' or at least I'm told." He said, solemnly. He had just gotten out of a bad date with a girl he liked, Ahti. And it turned out he had to fight for he affection with another man, and that other man turned out to be another friend of his. "Man, I don't even care. If she wants him, she can have him y'know." He said, finishing his own thoughts aloud. "Not like it's any different then normal." he said, crossing his arm behind his head.

"Girl troubles nice, don't got to worry about that. I got a boyfriend and hopefully going to keep him." Clarence smiled and sighed, laying back onto the snow. "So who is this mysterious girl? And this guy who won her." Clarence asked Lowenthal, a strange but interesting name. Clarence gazed at him with his purple eyes, seeing slight resemblances to Daeron, an old friend of his that took a bad turn, but is now coming from it. Clarence didn't know what happened to him after they saw each other that one night, but he hoped he finally got the girl who he was going for, he couldn't place name, but he thought it was Mari."Well, if it didn't happen, you will find someone better. I've dated around and it never turned out well for me in the end. Except now. You'll get there." Clarence smiled and gazed up at the starts, the virtual programming that made them made them look very real.

Lowenthal closed his eyes tightly, almost in pain. "Well, her name was Ahti, and she was like the first person who I thought I had an actual chance with. Then when i do ask, she called me 'Fake' and tells me I'm 'trying' to hard. And then says that there's another man that I have to compete with." He said, getting upset in the slightest way. it wasn't anger, but more of annoyance. "That's the whole reason i bought SAO. Was so I can get away from the garbage that happens in real life." Lowenthal sat up, and looked at Clarence. "Wait, did you say boyfriend?" He said blushing, and scooting a few inches away from him. 

Clarence noticed the scooting away from Clarence and that kind of hurt Clarence bad. { Is he homophobic? Should I leave...? } Clarence thought and nodded slowly. "Y-yes I said boyfriend..." Clarence trailed off and looked down at the snow. {Maybe he was just moving, wouldn't be that bad.... right? But why was he blushing? Oh god I'm probably over thinking this.. I need to say something or it will be awkward and silent. } Clarence fought for the words to say but couldn't really tihnk of much to say." I-is tha tokay? Me having a boyfriend...?" Clarence trailed off and blushed again, nervous and some how embarrassed.

Lowenthal quickly started to wave his hands. "No no no, it's fine." He said, still blushing, and realising what had happened. "I'm not like, them. Or like that. Or, like, oh jeez." He said, getting even more flustered. "I mean, who cares?" He said, laughing nervously. "At least you've found someone who cares about you." Lowenthal said, calming himself down. Or at least trying to.

"Oh, OH, okay sorry I got really worried there." Clarence was blushing brightly and laughing a bit as Lowenthal frantically tried to make up for what he did, a quite amusing thing to be honest. { Okay he is not homophobic, was pretty nervous there } Clarence was blushing to himself and he started to lay back down. "Now that, that is settled. I believe you will find someone who cares about you. Also, I do not believe I have met Ahti before, she does not sound like a good person." Clarence smiled sadly and looked up at the stars. Clarence's eye sparkled from the starry night and hit hair was rustled on the snow, a nice picture moment.. if there were cameras in SAO

Lowenthal did a guttural sigh and lied back down, looking at the stars. "She's a great person in heart. But her mind is not all there. Y'know?" Lowenthal said, laying back down. The stars twinkled against the dark blue horizon. "So, why are you here?" Lowenthal asked his neighbor in the snow. "I think we've established why i'm here." He stated, before turning his head to Clarence.

"I guess I'm really just remembering things, missing people you know? I have just met a lot of people but also missing a lot too." Clarence sighed and willed tears back he didn't think were going to come to the surface. {I feel kind of bad for this guy. Dating is not an easy life. I know that for a fact } Clarence smiled sadly a the man, putting one arm behind his head. "I guess I came out here to be depressed. Didn't think anyone else comes out here usually, it is pretty quiet out here when I'm here. But oh well. Company is okay." Clarence smiled at Lowenthal. {  I hope I'm not talking to much, I usually star to ramble when I meet someone new. Especially when I thought they were a homophobic guy, glad that is settled } Clarence wondered and moved some snow form his black jacket.

Lowenthal listened to Clarence and nodded. Then he chuckled. "I guess this could be our special spot.Where we come to moan and groan about things that have happened." He said to Clarence, joking with him. Lowenthal sighed, watching his breath form and float above him. "Everyone needs to be sad from time to time. And thanks for showing up when you did. Didn't know what I was gonna do out here alone." Lowenthal said, turning to look at Clarence.

Clarence smiled sadly. "Glad I came, now we both got company." Clarence smiled and look at the night sky. { this is nice, calming day and meeting some one new. Been quite the social butterfly haven't you Clarence? } Clarence thought and he laughed inwardly. It was true, he had been meeting people everywhere and now. Someone new. "Our special spot? I like that." Clarence smiled and sighed, tired but not going to fall asleep. "So, how was SAO been treating you?" Clarence asked, hoping for a good answer but you cam never tell when you are going to get a good one. {  SAO has been okay for me. Been dating to many people. Really hope I can settle down with one person }

Lowenthal rolled back onto his back. "Other then the numerous blunders I've had with women? Pretty fine actually." He looked back at Clarence. "Maybe I should try hitting on a guy, see how that goes." He said, laughing. He returned the original subject. "But, SAO has been treating me kindly. But I'd rather face a mob, then another person. Mobs tend to be nicer people. Sometimes more sane." Lowenthal said, sighing again.

"Go ahead. Hitting on guys i a little more tricky. You never know which ones are the gay ones." Clarence laughs,  a genuine laugh. { I wonder if he is Bi, be more Bi/ Gay people in this gay than I thought there would be } Clarence drifts off into his thoughts but pulls himself down as Lowenthal starts talking again. "Insane People? I've only met one person who is close to that but I think she has changed a lot. Her name is Mari." Clarence remembered and almost cringed, the way they met was horrible and he wished he made a better impression. He was not the best person. "I haven't really fought many things. The most I have fought is a quest with my boyfriend, Skylar." Clarence laughed lightly to their meeting, Skylar being the contagious flirt who loved to do that.

"Mari, really?" Lowenthal asked turning to Clarence. "No way. When I saw her, she was fine. Even gave me a discount, and a free item." He said. "I've fought a lot of things. From boars, to sand worms, to wasp queens." He said, leaning back into the snow. As he did, snow started to lightly fall from the sky. He closed his eyes, and sighed again. This time more calm. "I like the snow." He said. "But I'd much prefer the sands of a beach."

"wow, I'm glad she has changed, happy for her even." Clarence smiled and looked over at Lowenthal as he talked about mobs and suchs. "The beach? I love green fields and picnics myself. but the beach is always a time to remember. Clarence thought back to his date with Skylar.. and the night afterwards. Clarence blushed brightly and rubbed his cheeks, trying not to blush so much. "Just warning you right now, I am horrible at coming up with something to talk about. Like really bad." Clarence laughed lightly and looked over at Lowenthal again. "So what do you want to talk about?" Clarence asked the man. { I hope I'm not dragging out a conversation that has ran its course, just fun to talk to someone about issues and stuff }

Lowenthal smiled, thinking about the beach. "Well, the beach is always a blast." Lowenthal said, the thought warming him up. "I even have a shop that sells swimsuits, for when we run into a beach that's mob free." Lowenthal said, he had recently made a male swimsuit. The swimsuit was very skimpy, well at least for a Male. He wondered what Clarence would look like with it on, and blush filled his cheeks. "Gah!" He yelled aloud, rubbing his cheeks trying to hide the blush. "Gruh, why did that have to be the first thing I think of," He said, rubbing his face.

"Excuse me?" Clarence said, very startled. { What does he mean, first thing to think of? } . "Wait.. you.. Are you thinking of me in a swim suit?" Clarence asked and blushed extremely hard, not expecting that to happen at all. { Strange turn of events. I guess he is Bi? Wow... wasn't expecting that. } Clarence looked at Lowenthal with a side ways look and blushed brighter. Clarence laughed awkwardly and saw Lowenthal still trying hard not to blush. Clarence could barely contain his blushing and he looked away, staring into the night. { Well,... now what.. } Clarence thought, not sure how to keep this conversation going.