Why do we have equipment caps

I must be brief since I'm on my phone, but it provides a simple and favorable solution of focusing on certain aspects. Rather than becoming SSJ where the numbers hardly matter, it keeps all players within a respective range. It also promotes more activity on the site since equipment isn't the major point of focus late-game (at least for now, who knows what'll happen once the next ten floors are open), skills are. On the other hand, pretty much any MMO I know of has a limit on how many pieces of armor, gear, spells, etc. you can have on person / in effect at any given time. It's a very popular occurrence for a very good reason, it works!

^ This is true. There are things in the works in terms of the mechanics of the forum, but right now we're still on Floor 10, only a tenth of the way there. More things are likely to come later on, but we will likely need to unlock them first.

Also make note that the point of this forum isn't the technical stuff, but the roleplaying itself. It may become a hassle for people if they're constantly needing to be number crunching every time they got into combat. There may be a better solution down the line, but for now this is complex enough to keep things interesting, yet simple enough that new players can still catch on fairly quickly.

^ This is true. There are things in the works in terms of the mechanics of the forum, but right now we're still on Floor 10, only a tenth of the way there. More things are likely to come later on, but we will likely need to unlock them first.

Also make note that the point of this forum isn't the technical stuff, but the roleplaying itself. It may become a hassle for people if they're constantly needing to be number crunching every time they got into combat. There may be a better solution down the line, but for now this is complex enough to keep things interesting, yet simple enough that new players can still catch on fairly quickly.

That makes sense thank you for the info ^^

Simple is best.

People still muddle things up and break rules with what we have now.

Imagine if we had limitless armour and stats!? HOO BOY!

But everyone has pretty much explained it all already. So I don't need to touch on anything further really.
We are currently barely scratching past floor 10.

In future floors there will be higher weapon tiers to people who meet certain requirements. (ie: level , SP and Benchmark)
But for now, we have 3 items as we are essentially 'at the beginning' of the game.

:)