[PP-F5] Shark Slayer ~Blood in the Sand~ (Ssendom) (completed)

Anthem walked slowly through the desert. The sun was beating down on him with a vengeance. His new sword, Titanomachy, named after the great battle between the Greek gods and their titan ancestors, felt as if it were made from lead. All he could taste was sand, as he had fallen but a few moments ago and had gotten a mouth full of the grounded up quarts.

Anthem was searching for what had been told, a field boss that was supposedly a shark that swam in the sand. He thought it was an interesting concept. Since he was a low level player, he decided to take on the quest with the help of his friend. They had agreed to meet in the desert close to the sand sharks territory.

Lonely Anthem knew he mist be getting close because he saw a familiar figure in the distance. Anthem felt the energy surge back into him and stood up, waving at his friend. He quickly began to hurry along the sand dunes, carful not to fall down one again.

Ssendom had a basic cloth wrap over his eyes and mouth as he laid on a rock shirtless with pants on, he seemed to getting some sun near the Shark's spawn point. He was snoring up a storm, his sword was easily in arms reach in case someone tried to sneak up on him. But he seemed so content with how he laid, hands behind his head one knee up and his other outstretched.

He heard some sand being kicked around ever so slightly. He sat up and pulled the cloth off his face keeping his mouth clean of sand, he turned to look at Anthem who had just arrived, "Man you're slow. I thought since you were sending out the message you'd already be here by now." He chuckled after he finished saying, "Good to see you again Anthem, how is that Martial Arts feeling for you?" He asked inquisitively

He dropped his HUD menu equipping his boar hide and vine-wire necklace of accuracy. Afterwards he stood up while picking up his Sword slinging it onto his shoulder with a grin ready to slay the shark, "I hope you also brought your A-Game, this Shark aint no looker... And he don't go easy neither." He said getting heavily excited to fight.

"I recently got a new sword. I'm hoping I'll be up for this...to be honest I'm a bit scared..." He said with a small chuckle. "Itll be very close if I do survive. But that's why you are here! I know I couldn't do this on my own..." He said with a nervous smile.

Anthem was ready. He was ready to die. This world was cruel and unforgiven. He had had enough of it. However, if he was going to die, it was going to be fighting along side a friend. He had made his peace. Besides, he was extremely curious to see what came after death. He himself was atheist but there was no way to be sure there wasn't an afterlife.

Ssendom dropped his menu HUD, he sifted quickly through his consumables and spawns out his <<Matriarch's Stinger Potion>> and his <<Standard HP Potion>> (5 HP heal). Ssendom could easily get the feeling that Anthem accepted this quest so he could end his life, it was almost as easy to read as a book. He tossed down the HP potion, "Drink that if you ever take more than half your HP in damage combined, that'll heal you substantially. If needed hold back on the fight till I build up so hate upon the Shark. And I'll notify you when to come in." He explains to Anthem with the obvious tone that he had figured out why Anthem had chosen to accept this quest.

'He is putting me in danger just so he can get the satisfaction of death, if he needed someone to kill him. He should have just asked, I don't find honor in killing someone but I could atleast give him the reprieve of death and the fulfillment to him that he got what he wanted. But to throw me in the line of danger, I severely hope he plans on actually trying instead of standing there like an imbecile. I'm going to chew him out if he lives.' He thinks in pure anger as he drips the Matriarch Stinger onto the 3 parts of his blade making it glow green increasing.

(Normal Stats: 32 HP 7 DMG 1 ACC)

(Current Stats: 32 HP 8 DMG 1 ACC)

ID: 19288

BD: 1 (Miss)

MD: 2 (Miss)

He flings his blade onto his shoulder and walks out into the zone, he watched as the sharks fin can be seen from a mile away swimming quickly towards the location. Ssendom turns his upper body so he can face Anthem, "Wait till I get two hits into this motherf**ker before you come in and fight. I refuse to let someone die by my side in combat. If they wanted to die so bad, they shoulda just asked." He shouts angrily towards Anthem as the sand began to fly around from the Shark jumping out diving straight toward Ssendom. He places his blade infront of him while still looking at Anthem, he swings his blade flat side, where he stopped the shark and threw it away, causing it to dive back into the sand. After a moment of staring he turns his attention back towards the center of the fighting zone against <<Sand Shark>>.

Anthem drew his sword. He reached down and picked up the health potion. He twirled his sword, titanomachy in his hand in a circular motion. "I have no intention on dying. However, a wise man once said 'If you go into battle expecting to live, you will die' and I have come to terms with my sins. I am ready to accept any fate that falls before," he said with a fiery look in his eyes. His blade glinted in the light and he gave a grave smile.

Anthem hadn't know him for long but this man was his closet friend. There was no one he'd rather fight along side with. Holding his sword in one hand, he waited.

(+ 1 health potion)

Lonely Anthem: 11/11

Ssendom: 32/32

Sand shark: 50/50

ID: 19297

BD: 2 (ANOTHER TWO GODDD DAMNIT! Lol!)

MD: 6 (Hit)

Ssendom smirked knowing that Anthem was getting more in tune with how Ssendom viewed the world. "If you go down, go down swinging... Don't let anyone take you down, without taking them to hell with you. We shall dine with Demons then." He motioned his blade outa the way, "NOW COME GET ME YOU OVERGROWN LAND FISH!" He screams at the sand causing the sand shark to emerge and grip onto his leg. Ssendom winced in pain but smirked as he grabbed the fin to prevent it from getting away. "Worth it, I got you where I want you now." He begins to let his leg gouge as he holds the creature in place. Grinning from eat to ear, "This gonna get fun you stupid Land Fish. I am ready to kill you ten ways to sunday." He exclaims in a sinister voice.

Ssendom: 29/32

Sand shark: 50/50 

Anthem slowly tested his muscles to see how loose they were. He swing his sword in quick circles around his body. He wanted to be ready if he need to help his friend. He knew he could do much to help but he would try his best.

If Anthem wanted to get stronger, he had to face this danger. Ssendom was strong so Anthem was sure he could handle this. That's the main reason he brought his friend along. Together, they would defeat this monster.

ID: 19429

BD: 10 + 1 = 11 (Crit + 2)

MD: 9 (Crit)

Ssendom held onto the fin of the shark and is crunched and grinded his leg, he closed his left eye holding it tightly shut in considerable pain. He weapon began to glow black activating his sword skill, he flipped the angle of the blade where seratted blade was aimed directly at the eye of the shark, "This is gonna hurt you, way more than you hurt me. REAPER'S CLUTCH!" He shouts in a bloodthirsty voice jamming his blade as hard as he could straight into the eye of the shark. It continued to chomp down repetitavtive a few times as it thrashed about trying to get away from the pain and the man but Ssendom would not relent. He held the shark in place as long as he could, he ripped his blade out completely taking the eyeball and a massive chunk of skin with it leaving a gaping hole where the blade had sat. Data fragments spilled out in insane quanities as it managed to free itself from his grasp, the eye and skin shattered into data fragments. Ssendom stood up jamming his sword into the ground to give him stability on his right leg that became the chew toy of the shark, "If there was ever a time to take advantage, it was now. SWITCH!!!" He screamed at Anthem to get him ready for battle.

Ssendom: 25/32 (3 + 1 Crit) Hate: 3

Sand shark: 40/50 (8 + 2 Crit)

ID#:19430

BD: 9 (critical)

Anthem leaped into the air. His sword flashing in the sun. As he came down, Anthem let a roar, his sword glowing blue. "Godly Accession!" He brought his blade down on the shark. The blade digs deep into the Sand Shark's thick hide. Red data fragments float out of the wound

Anthem: 11/11

Ssendom: 25/32

Sand Shark: 37/50 (2+1 crit)

ID: 19434

BD: 1 (Epic Miss)

MD: 7

As Ssendom brought up his blade to bring down onto the shark, it spun about hitting Ssendom in his kidney. It threw the man a distance causing him to bounce in the sand sliding ito a sand hill, "This dumb shark is beginning to get on my nerves. It doesn't seem to want to die." He hobbled for a minute trying to stand up as his leg was still trying to recouperate after the massive crunching that had occured on his leg. "Well, I'ma take this creature down one way or another. I refuse to die." His intensity began to build, his frustrated face began to be replaced with a grin so savage it was comparable to the shark in an intimidation standpoint. He began to cackle as his he was beginning to enjoy the combat, he was beginning to give into his bloodlust, "This is going to be grand!" The fury could be seen in his eyes and heard in his sinister sounding voice.

Anthem: 11/11 Hate: 2

Ssendom: 22/32 Hate: 3

Sand Shark: 37/50

ID: 19540

BD: 10 (critical)

Anthem closed his eyes, listening to the shifting in the sand. He became so focused he could even hear a scorpion running on the rock a few feet to his left. All of the suddon, the shark's pace changed. It grew quicker and louder. Opening his eyes in a furious glare, Anthem charged forward. His blade began to glow yellow. The shark leaped up into the air. Anthem, using his experience as a baseball player, slid underneath the shark. As the shark passed over him, Anthem activated a sword skill and swopped at the shark's vulnerable and soft belly.

SSendom: 22/3

Sand Shark: 33/50 (+2 critical)

ID: 19550

BD: 9 + 1 = 10 (Crit)

MD: 1 (Critical Fail)

Ssendom finally felt the capability to go full throttle after awhile of being slightly disabled from the Shark's mawing of his leg, it had not taken any attacks for awhile which gave it the ability to recuperate. He looked at the shark after Anthem did a baseball move to get a beautiful strike and saw the shark's eye flick red towards Anthem, "Oh s**t!" He exclaimed to see the shark begin charging at the man shortly after it had landed back in the sand. Ssendom hesitated no longer to blitz forward to intercept the Shark. Just as the shark lunged out of the sand to chomp down on Anthem, Ssendom jammed his blade into the shark's side and ran forward as far as he could before slamming the shark back into the ground, "Focus on someone your own strength you disgusting seafood!" He shouted mocking the shark, the sharks eyes flicked red back towards Ssendom and managed to get back under the sand dislodging his sword. "Watch your Hate generation, this thing does not mess around." He mentioned to Anthem, "You're not dying as long as I'm around got it." He continued.

Lonely Anthem: 11/11 Hate: 5

Ssendom: 22/32 Hate: 5

Sand Shark: 24/50 (8 +1 critical) 

ID: 19565

BD: 7

Anthem nodded at his friend. While he understood that he was weaker than both his ally and his enemy, that wasn't going to scare him away. For too long he had coward at the face if danger. For too long had he been defenseless and weak. But no more. This virtual world would not break him.

Anthem held his sword, tip pointed at the sand. As the shark swam slowly towards him, Anthem crouched slowly, bringing the sword to his side. He turned the blade so the edge was facing away from him. As the shark made an attempt to lunge at him, Anthem slashed horizantaly across the beasts fin. He cut off the upper half of the dorsal fin. He watched it fly into the air and explode into data fragments.

Lonely Anthem: 11/11 hate: 6

Ssendom: 22/32 hate: 5

Sand Shark: 22/50

ID: 19568

BD: 6 + 1 = 7 (Hit)

MD: 7 (Hit)

Ssendom saw Anthem get another good shot into the Shark's belly and saw the eyes flash red again towards him. Ssendom knew he had to run toward him now if he were to save Anthem from a potentially deadly hit. He charged forward seeing the pattern of the shark to come around the backside of Anthem for a retaliatory attack. Just as it burst from the ground Ssendom slide into the way piercing his sword directly into the stomach of the shark. In it's rage it chomped down onto the right shoulder of Ssendom, but he kept his blade jammed in and held onto the beast as best he could. He turned around keeping the flailing and thrashing shark in his grasp holding it in the air. "Take the opportunity before I lose control of it Anthem. Stab it's backside!" He shouted at the man to force him to driving his blade into the rotten Shark.

Lonely Anthem: 11/11 hate: 6

Ssendom: 19/32 hate: 6

Sand Shark: 14/50 

ID: 19576

BD: 8

Anthem quickly nodded. He drew his sword back. He grabbed the shark's tail to hood it still so he wouldn't miss. He thrusted the tip of his sword into the beasts stomach. He felt a bloodlust creepy into his heart. He smiled slightly as he saw the red data fragments float into the air. The rush of battle was intoxicating. He wanted to finish this.

Anthem: 11/11

Ssendom: 22/32

Sand Shark: 12/50

ID: 19588

LD: 16 (Material Found)

MD: 1 (Miss)

The shark thrashed harder about after Anthem got a strike against the shark breaking itself free from both Ssendom and Anthem. It dove into the ground and stayed under for a while biding its time to recuperate from the attacks they had laid upon it while also waiting for the perfect opportune moment to strike. Ssendom covered his eyes to shield himself from the splash sand, as it went away he saw a shiny object jutting out of the sand next to where the shark had dove it. As he pulled the shiny rock out a message appeared on his HUD 'One Material Obtained' it materialized to his inventory and dropped his sword onto his shoulder, "In the dead midst of combat you find some materials just laying around. That's a very nice stroke of luck. And also on a good note, this thing is on it's last leg lets go all out on it. What do you say?" He asked putting his fist out for a fist bump from Anthem.

Lonely Anthem: 11/11 hate: 7

Ssendom: 19/32 hate: 6

Sand Shark: 12/50 

Anthem nodded slowly, taking a moment to catch his breath. "Yeah. I hope we can finish this thing soon. I know I'm at max health but 3 or 4 hits and I'm as good as dead..." He said with a sigh. He hated being week but this needed to be done. He would fight on, despite his weariness. Besides, how much long could the shark last anyway?

ID: 19612

BD: 10 + 1 (Crit + 2. I'm leaving the killing blow to you. Don't fail me Anthem! XD)

MD: 3 (Miss)

Ssendom could hear the shifting of the sand, he closed his eyes and honed in on the shark's movement. He was in a complete trance as he felt like he was seeing as if he were the shark, he opened his eyes and lunged infront of Anthem just before the shark broke the sand and flew towards him. His blade glowed a birght black, he aimed for the dead center of the shark and practically harpooned it on his sword without throwing it. It wailed and shrieked in pain Ssendom's grin got bigger and bigger, "It is very nice when they cry and scream in agony. It's like beautiful music that rings throughout my ears." He mutters in a very dark tone. "This is all you boy, It's health is so dangerously in the red there aint anything to do but give it the nice reprieve of death." The thrusts his sword up dislodging from the belly of the shark leaving a massive opening for Anthem, "SWITCH!" He shouted.

Lonely Anthem: 11/11 hate: 7

Ssendom: 19/32 hate: 9

Sand Shark: 2/50 

ID: 19912

BD: 1 (Critical Fail)

MD: 3

Ssendom stared at Anthem slightly stunned at the fact he missed a free and clear shot at the monster. He was so taken aback that the shark managed to use it's strength to dive back into the sand, He simply left his tip in the sand, "How did you miss that one?" He asks for a second, then shakes his head, "No wait, don't answer it's alright. It happens to us all, just be prepared for when it rears it's ugly head around again." He encourages him while trying to keep his mind off the fact that both of them didn't simply finish off the Shark, and that was really beginning to bug him. He flipped his blade on his shoulder and stood patiently till the shark appeared again.