[F2-PP] Down with the Hierarchy <Long Live the Queen> With Calrex and Kurou

Lowenthal accepted the quest for what seemed to be the third time this week. And far as repeatable quests went, this one was getting to be slightly redundant. Lowenthal looked around his area, looking for people to assist him with his quest. Lowe and Behold his luck, before his eyes he recognized a familiar set of armor. That had to have been Calrex. "Oh thank the sweet merciful lord, someone who can help." Lowenthal cheered to himself as he ran to Calrex, begging him for his support.

"Hm?"

Calrex looked over as he saw a familiar face rushing over to him. It had only been a few days since Lowenthal's initation, but nonetheless it was nice to see an acquaintance, "Hey Lowenthal long time no...okay okay stop begging!"

He knelt down and helped the boy to his feet as he gave a calming breath, "Alright so what is it you needed my help with?"

"I've still got some energy left from that excursion earlier, so I should be able to assist in a quest or two if he needs it."

He gave a couple of swipes on his menu, switching from the Grand Chariot armor back to his casual combat clothing as he shook his head to help get some of the hair out of his face, "In any case if you need a hand with a quest or something I'd be happy to lend a hand."

Lowenthal stopped and took a breath. "I have been trying to do this quest, for an entire week. And my issue is that I cannot find anyone who'd help me." He said, crossing his arms, and pouting slightly. Lowenthal wasn't like this usually, he was just getting peeved that no one could help him. "I just need someone to help me kill the queen wasp." He said, not wanting to do it alone.

"Ah, you're doing the Long Live the Queen quest then? Sure I've actually helped a couple of people with that quest, so I'm quite familiar with it."

As Lowenthal informed him of the quest he was trying to do Calrex recalled the past few times he had gone on the quest, the first when he was first starting out in SAO alongside Teayre, and the second time with his friends and now fellow guildmates Takneil and Hikoru. With a few swipes he equipped the Grand Chariot once again, turning towards the gate, "Well if you want to get it done let's go ahead and get moving then. I'm familiar with the location the field boss spawns, so we can avoid any unnecessary encounters."

With that he headed out of the gate with Lowenthal in tow, "With my new Howl skill I should be able to keep the heat off of him and use Parry when needed to keep my defenses up."

Strolling about the second floor, Kurou noticed a familiar face out of the corner of his eye. Walking over he watched as Calrex changed from his famous blue armor into his casual cloths. "Hey there Calrex, fancy meeting you here." he said to the player as he observed the situation at hand. Looking to the side of Calrex there seemed to be another player begging for some type of help and support. "Ugh... Is this guy alright?" He asked pointing to the player who he had no yet had a chance to meet yet.

Sticking his hand out as to shake the unfamiliar players hand, Kurou calmly introduced himself. "The name is Kurou... and if you need some type of help then you just so happened to have bumped into the right player." Listening to the player as he described the quest he needed help with, Kurou had already heard the tales of the Queen Wasp that was located on this floor. "Well... I can't speak for Calrex, but I would be down to help you out!"

Lowenthal watched as another player arrived. "Excuse me? I'm am perfectly fine." Lowenthal said to the new player, before holding out his hand. "I'm Lowenthal, Master of Shadows." He said, introducing himself in the normal manner. "So, Calrex. Lead the way. Let's get this quest done and out of the way." Lowenthal said, determined to finish this quest.

OOC: I'll control the monsters, and the battle will begin on my next post, so go ahead and get yourselves ready IC

Calrex turned and looked as he saw another familiar face come and approach him and Lowenthal. It was Kurou, whom he had previously met on the first floor briefly in the Starlight Cafe, "Hey there Kurou, long time no see. Good to see you."

As the two readied themselves Calrex took them out into the fields. Since he was familiar with the spawning cave for the queen he was able to easily navigate to the location as he crouched low, "Alright, stay here. I'll go and draw its attention and lead it closer to the mouth. That way we can avoid bringing in any other unwanted guests to the party. Lowenthal, you'll likely be going with the first attack. Kurou, be ready to follow suit. I'll keep its attention on me so that you two can wail on it."

With that he entered into the cave, drawing his Grand Blade as he used his <<Reveal>> skill to see for any ambushes, spotting the queen a short distance in, "Alright, here we go..."

Following Calrex into the fields, it wasn't long before he signaled him to stop walking. Listening as Calrex told them the plan, he knew he didn't have much time to prepare for the battle ahead. "So I guess we are just jumping right into then are we?" He said as Calrex turned to enter the cave and agro out the boss. Turning to the player who had introduced himself as Lowenthal, Kurou drew his blade before speaking to the player. "Well... you heard the man, it looks like you're going to be up first. Hopefully we can both land two solid hits on it. Pulling his shield off his back as well now, he smacked the handle of his sword into it producing a loud noise which helped pump him up. "Let's do this S**t!" He said aloud.

Lowenthal watched as Calrex went to go sneak to the Queen's lair. The sight of it, almost made Lowenthal burst into laughter. A man wearing that armor sneaking, the thought of it made him crack a smile. Lowenthal understood the need to be quiet, well he did before the player next to him nearly began shouting. Lowenthal drew his kunai, and prepared himself for the Queen to show itself. He stay crouched in the bushes, until it revealed itself. Otherwise the surprise attack would be ruined.

Calrex gave a calming breath as he hot into striking range of the queen, drawing his Grand Blade in a reverse grip, raising it high over his head. As he did the light blue aura chains spiraled around his arms and legs at a rapid rate.

Upon plunging the sword into the ground the resounding boom was amplified by the chains exploding, almost as if someone had set of a bomb. The <<Howl>> skill carried the sound over to the queen, which turned to face him, "Gotcha..."

With that he made his way back to the mouth of the cave, signaling to his two teammates. The battle had begun.

HP List

Lowenthal: 40/40 (Hate: 0)

Calrex: 83/83 (Hate: 3)

Kurou: 23/23 (Hate: 0)

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 41/41

Lowenthal reconized the sound of Calrex's howl, and leaped over the foliage they were using as cover. His waiting had paid off, as he rushed the the Queen. It was no different then bugs he would stomp out at home. He stabbed with his dagger, and quickly sidestepped to get behind it. His dagger had hit it's mark, enough to make a sickening crunch as it penetrated it's exoskeleton. Now it was Kurou's turn to attack.

ID:19551

BD: 9 (Crit) 5dmg

HP List

Lowenthal: 40/40 (Hate:2)

Enemies:
Wasp Queen: 36/41 

Watching as Lowenthal landed a successful attack, it was now Kurou's turn to do the same. Standing up straight, he attempted to give a quick stretch before running off towards the Wasp Queen. His heart pounding with the adrenalin rush of combat, he attempted slide while still standing to dissipate some of his momentum as he closed in on the wasp. Unfortunately however he had worked up two much speed and found him self sliding right past the mob. Not attempting to swing his sword for fear of losing his balance. Once he had came to a complete stop, he called out to his teammates. "Ugh... Sorry about that guys, guess I got a little to exicted!" He said while scratching the back of his head.

ID: 19533 BD: 2 

HP List

Lowenthal: 40/40 (Hate:2)

Enemies:
Wasp Queen: 36/41

ID: 19548

Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy+1) = 10 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

As Lowenthal and Kurou took their turns attacking the queen Calrex gave a calming breath as he focused, "Roc...you're up..."

His blue peregrine falcon familiar flew into the cave, its eyes locked onto the queen. Roc had been hovering around Calrex from higher up in the air for some time, but when Calrex ran into Lowenthal and Kurou he had forgotten to have the bird come back down. Now that he was here Calrex felt his vision sharpen as details became even finer, weakpoints became clearer, and overall his accuracy went up. He twirled the Grand Blade into a reverse grip as he rushed forward using his <<Sprint>> ability, quickly closing the distance to the queen before leaping with his <<Acrobatics>> skill. The queen had attempted to sting him using its stinger, but the attack flew clear of its mark as Calrex sailed through the air.

"Never let up the pressure and render the enemy helpless in both offense and defense..."

He quickly homed in the right wing of the queen as he impaled his sword into it, the main edge facing downwards as he used his weight to drop down, ripping a long cut in the wing. With that he leapt back, giving a calming breath, "Alright Lowenthal go for it."

HP List
Lowenthal: 40/40 (Hate: 2)
Calrex: 83/83 (Hate: 5)

Enemies:
Wasp Queen: 26/41 

ID:19600

BD: 7+2=9(hit) 4dmg

Lowenthal saw that it was his turn, he had also noticed that Calrex had gotten a new friend. "Got it!" Lowenthal said, as he went to the queen. He stabbed at the queen's other wing, the one not damaged by Calrex. His dagger tore through it like it was paper, and lowenthal used his <Athletics> ability to bring his kunai down even harder, creating a large tear in the other wing. After had landed, Lowenthal dashed to the side. Allowing Kurou an opening. "It's basically grounded, take it." He said, trying to stay moving keeping his momentum alive.

HP List
Lowenthal: 40/40 (Hate: 3)

Enemies:
Wasp Queen: 22/41

Watching as Lowenthal moved to the side allowing him another opportunity to attack, Kurou knew he couldn't afford to mess this attack up. After watching both the other players land their attacks he felt the pressure to pull his share of the weight. Running forward he raised his blade into the air before unleashing several violent slashes upon the wasp. Retreating back a little, he placed one-hand on his knee and tried to quickly catch his breath before it was his turn again.

ID: 19982 BD: 6  5 Damage

HP List

Enemies:
Wasp Queen: 17/41

ID: 19983

Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +1) = 4

Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

As Lowenthal and Kurou completed their attacks Calrex gave a nod as he rushed in to strike as well. However, by the time he did the queen seemed to have recovered enough as it thrust its stinger forward. Due to the momentum of his advance, plus the little distance to the incoming strike, Calrex quickly figured that he was not going to be able to avoid the strike as he brought his arms up to brace for impact. Even if the attack was a critical strike, the combined resistance of the Grand Chariot and Ocean's Defense was more and sufficient to deter almost all of the strike.

However, the strike did halt Calrex's advance as he leapt back, "Alright Lowenthal go for it!"

HP List
Calrex: 82/83 (Hate: 5) (+6 Mitigation)
Kurou: 23/23 (Hate: 1)

Enemies:
Wasp Queen: 17/41

ID: 20323

BD: 4+2=6(hit) 5dmg

Lowenthal nodded at Calrex and <concentrated> on his target. Lowenthal followed the snow speratic movements of the Wasp queen, tracing the figure in his mind. Everything moved in slow motion, if only for a moment. Lowenthal pulled back his arm and then threw it forward. Throwing his kunai at the wasp. Lowenthal's kunai soared through the air, spinning at a ridiculous rated, making the weapons look like a Frisbee. THe kunai hit it's target, causing the Wasp Queen to screech in pain, as the weapon stuck into the center part of it's abdomen. "Alright, I've yet to miss throwing that thing." Lowenthal said, cheering slightly.

HP List
Lowenthal: 40/40 (Hate: 4) (5 turns)
Calrex: 82/83 (Hate: 5) 
Kurou: 23/23 (Hate: 1)

Enemies:
Wasp Queen: 12/41

Watching as the Wasp began to very its movements, Kurou guessed that it was beginning to panic. "Hm... I don't think this thing has much of a fight left if in guys." Holding his sword down and out to the side he rushed forward juking back and forth with the movements of the wasp in order to stay in front of it. Raising his blade into the air he let loose a flurry of slashes on the wasp, while still ducking out of the way of the wasps stinger as it tried to counter attack. Observing the mob it almost appeared to be dead for a moment as it began to fall to the ground. Only recovering at the last second and keeping it self air born. "I think one more good attack should do it guys!"

ID: 20790 BD: 10  7 DMG

HP List
Calrex: 82/83 (Hate: 5) 
Kurou: 23/23 (Hate: 2)

Enemies:
Wasp Queen: 5/41

ID: 20792

Battle Dice 5 (Accuracy +1) = 6

Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 21 (Bonus Loot)

Calrex gave a calming breath as Kurou backed up after completing his attack. He focused as he looked over at the wasp queen, Roc's enhancement sharpening his eyes as the falcon hovered over the queen. Using his <<Sprint>> ability he quickly closed the distance to the field boss before using his <<Acrobatics>> ability to leap up, his blade trained on the queen's head.

As he got into striking range he quickly thrust forward, the Grand Blade sinking into the queen's head. Within a few seconds the queen bust into crystals as he landed on the ground, giving a calming breath. The loot list appeared in front of him as Calrex gave a smirk, "Since Lowenthall initiated the quest he should get the item that comes with it. As well since Kurou is along I'll let the two of them have the loot."

Loot List

1 Material (Gifted to Lowenthal)

1 Matriarch's Stinger (Gifted to Lowenthal)
Bonus Loot: 1 Material / 205 col (Mob Health 41 * 5 col) (102 col Gifted to Lowenthal / 1 Material and 103 col Gifted to Kurou)

With a few swipes Calrex divvied up the loot before walking back to his two teammates, "Nice work you two. Now let's get out of here before anything else decides to mess with us."

HP List
Calrex: 82/83 (Hate: 6) 
Kurou: 23/23 (Hate: 2)

Enemies:
Wasp Queen: -4/41

Lowenthal gave a mighty cheer as the bane of his existence, the Wasp Queen was finally dead. The fourth time running the quest, and now finally it was done with.  "Alright!" He cheered. "Let's go then." He said, his excitement practically radiating off of him. He was excited that the Queen was finally dead, He didn't even noticed the extra Col and Mat that was thrown his way. "Thanks guys. For the help." Lowenthal said, before taking off. "I gotta go guys, but again thank you!" Lowenthal said, before running out the area.