[SP - F1] <<Earning a living>> (Needs approved)

<<QUEST>>

Started quest at level 2

"Link...start!" Devan was entering the virtual world for the first time, and it was tripping him up a bit. After loading into the game it took him a minute to get his balance properly, he wondered if everyone had this problem when they first got in. After he was able to walk properly he walked away from the spawn area and wondered into town. He was used to other MMO’s where the 1st thing you did was find an NPC and got your stupid beginner quest that sent you running in circles for the first two hours, though he didn’t find one.

As he wondered through town he passed a questing bored, or at least what he assumed to be so; the bored was surrounded by other players who were getting their own quests. After a bit of waiting and getting pushed, he stood in front of the bored and swiped across his view to see what was available. The first quest at the top described getting his profession, and after considering the options for about 2 seconds he quickly chose the blacksmith. Devan nodded with a grin as he had some direction, and took off to start his quest of collecting 5 mat’s

The first step of his quest was to speak with an NPC at the smithery named <Chris>. Devan jetted in his direction, slipping his way threw the other level 1 characters that crowded the busy road, and when he finally did get to the smithery it was fairly busy with other players as well "Can't wait to get to the higher levels.." He thought, the nooby towns were always so busy. As he walked up to the NPC he activated he quest's tagline.

Chris: "Hello, Helpcooldo! How are you today?"

Devan swiped to continue his quest using his tag.

Chris: "I see you're looking to become a black smith! It's a fine days work, night and day beating on the anvil to make weapons and armor. Are you sure that's what you want to do?"

Devan sighed, hating the nooby level NPC's as well and accept the quest to continue.

Chris: "Well alright then! I love your enthusiasm!" Devan sighed "Before I can teach you to craft, I'll need you to go collect some mat's for me, that's materials for you new comers. Go out and kill boars, I'm sure they'll drop some mat we can use!"

Devan nodded and left the smithery as fast as he could, excited to start his virtual life.

It was off to the fields to kill some boars, finally his first battle, even if it was just a boar it was something he'd remember forever. As he got out into the fields he of course found other players, slicing up the boars, Some in partys some alone. He thought about joining them, but wanted to get a feel for the game before doing any of that. He instead walked out a bit further so he was away from other plays and spotted his first kill. A simple boar, eating virtual grass.  "Time to die, swine.." She whispered to himself before jumping out in a full blown assault, he drew he sword and took a nice swing at it.

BD:9 MD:6

The boar noticed him charging in "I guess screaming isn't the best for sneak attacks, NO MATTER!" He thought to himself as he continued his assault. Devan swiped his sword across the big with a mighty blow, swiping his longsword from right to left against the boar nearly stopped in the middle of their battle to cheer is own first hit. He was instantly knocked back into the battle as he found the boar had hit him back. He turned back to the boar and took another swing, trying to finish it off!

Devan > Boar = 3 Damage (1 base + 1 skill + 1 crit)

Boar > Devan = 1 Damage

Devan 6/7

Boat 1/4

BD: 6 MD: 4 LD:11

With another swing of his sword he hit the boar, not nearly as strong as he did before though he wasn't sure why. As theboar went to swing back it disappeared into fancy looking pixels. Devan stood there for a second, holding his sword and looking around a bit dazed at how easy that was until the little loot window popped up, granting him 1 mat and 20 col. He grinned and gripped his small, noobish looking longsword with both hands "It'll take a lot of work but I'll become a master of this game!" He said that out loud, if he meant to or not. He was sure to get some odd looks but could care less as he charged into his next target, quiet this time in hopes to get a proper attack off.

Devan > Boar = 2 dam (Kill)

+1 mat

+20 col

Quest: 1/5

BD: 8 MD: 3

Being quieter this time seemed to do the trick as he caught the boar off guard! He took his swing, slicing his sword from top to bottom before quickly taking a step back to get hit footing back. With both hands on his sword and the boar at full attention he tried his best to finish the boar off quickly so he wouldn't take any more damage. The boar huffed, rather ticked off he was just hit and charged back at devan before he could react to it, gaining the boar first hit next round.

Devan > Boar = 2 dam

Boar > Devan = Miss

Devan 6/7

boar 2/4

BD: 8 MD: 2 LD: 17

(I'm not cheating I swear ._.)

The boar tripped! He charged too quickly and completely missed Devan and in doing so left himself completely open to an attack! Devan seized the opportunity and swung his sword down against the pig, grinning as it exploded into fancy pixels. "Oh yea, I'm never going to get bored of that.." He said with a smile, resting his longsword on his shoulder as he swiped away the loot screen. He was starting to get used to the combat system of the game and quickly charged off to kill another boar close by.

Boar>Devan=Miss

Devan>Boar=2 dam (Kill)

+1 mat

+20 col

Quest: 2/5 mat

{{LEVEL UP!}} - Restores and up's health

BD: 6 MD: 10

Devan seemed to be getting cocking with his ability, and this boar wanted to knock him down a peg or two. It waited until he was close, and although the boar was hit by Devans sword, he took a hit for a  hit. Turning and charging right into hit stomach, knocking Devan clear off of his feet and back a bit. Devan felt that, and though he was happy he just leveled up his new health was instantly knocked right back down again. He gripped his sword and charged back at the boar with a slight battle cry, determined to get it back!

Devan>boar=2 Dam

Boar>Devan=3 Dam

Devan 6/9

Boar 3/5

BD:2 MD: 5

Devan was caught off gaurd a bit by the boars health "What? this was is stronger? Why? It's because I leveled up! Their health goes up with mine, keeps a balanced fighting system." While he was distracted with his own thoughts the boar rushed him, he snapped out of her trance long enough to dodge out of the way, but wasn't quick enough to get an attack of either. The boar turned to him, both at full attention now "No matter, I'll just have to cut it down to size!"

Devan>Boar = Miss

Boar>Devan = Miss

BD:9 MD:6 LD:11

Devan charged at the boar sword first, not wanting it to hit him again. The boar was making his own charge, though in it's run didn't seem to mind at all running right into Devan's blade. After a moment the pig had poofed into fancy pixels and Devan got back onto his feet properly, rubbing his stomach where the boar had gotten him pretty good. He desided to eat one of his things of bread to regain his health before he ran off to kill another boar

Devan>Boar = 3 Dam (Kill)

+1 Mat

+25 Col

Quest: 3/5

BD:10 MD:9

Devan found his next pray staring right back at him, there was no surprising this one. He griped his sword with both his hands and charged head on. His sword up over his head, as he brought it down to hit the boat he felt a strong critical hit, dealing damage he didn't know he could even deal. He actually jumped for glee right there in the middle of the fight. The boar wasn't impressed and cold heartedly charged him as he celebrated, knocking him clean off his feet and onto the ground. He gripped his sword again and slowly got to his feet "That, was unfair.." He mumbled to the NPC boar, knowing full well he couldn't hear, and charged up for another attack.

Devan>Boar = 4 Dam

Boar>Devan = 2 Dam

Devan 7/9

Boar 1/5

BD: 5 MD: 9

Stumbling a bit from his hit, his attack failed terribly. As he went to swing at the boar, he swung too soon, leaving him wide open for yet another hard hit. Knowing he messed up he was a bit more ready for it this time, only getting knocked back instead of knocked down, though he started worrying about his health bar "Oh common! I can't die to a damn boar!" He gripped his sword and glared at the boar, charging at it again and tried swinging from a different angel this time, hoping it would finish the boar off.

Devan>Boar = Miss

Boar>Devan = 2 Dam

Devan: 5/9

Boar: 1/5

BD:6 MD:4 LD:15

Devan charged in for an all out attack, instead of swinging bluntly at the boar he hit the ground as soon as the boar got close, swinging at it's legs and missing the boars attack all together. Devan ended up on his back from his own attack but was satisfied with taking no damage, and felt even better after leveling up again "Wow! Leveling up in this game is pretty darn easy so far.. This is probably one of those games that get SUPER hard late game.." He thought to himself, slowly getting back onto his feet so he can go kill his last boar.

{{LEVEL UP}} Health restored and uped to 11

Devan>Boar = 2 dam (Kill)

+1 mat

+25 col

Quest: 4/5

BD:7 MD:10

There he was, his last boar. All Devan had to do was kill it and he could head back to town and become a black smith, he could already see the amazing things he'd be able to make in no time at all! He gripped his longsword and charged from the tall grass, bringing his sword side to side across the boar. He ended up on the other side of the boar with a slight grin, happy he had hit him with such force. By the time he'd turned around the boar was charing at him, he had zero time to react and was assaulted with a full blown attack which knocked him clean off of his feet "Why do they crit every time I level.." He thought while laying on the ground, slowly standing to take another swing at the boar.

Devan>Boar = 2 dam

Boar>Devan = 3 dam

Devan: 8/11

Boar: 4/6

BD:3 MD:8

Devan was off his game, he just wanted to stop killing and get back to the town so he could learn to start his life as a smith! This being his 5th pig he got sloppy, taking a poor swing at swine and basically letting him get a free hit! It didn't do much else besides startle him. Forcing him to get his footing again, but watching his health bar drop and drop wasn't good for his concentration "Alright you little brat, just role over for me would cha'?!" He pushed hit foot against the ground to get a running start, even at the little distance that was between them.

Devan>Boar = Miss

Boar>Devan = 2 Dam

Devan: 6/11

Boar:4/6

BD:10 MD:5 LD:19

• Rolled a 4 on the d4 dice.
  • Rolled a 1 on the d6 dice.
  • Rolled a 8 on the d8 dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 5 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 19 on the d20 (loot) dice.

(Just as proof I guess)

Devan was done with this pig! It was time for it to die. With his running start he managed to take a nice jump and bring his sword down right onto the boar face, dropping to the ground a bit after the boar poofed into pixels. He sighed a bit, proud of himself for his mighty swing "That's right~ I'm bad~ Can't touch this.." He thought to himself, smiling bright at the reward he got.

Devan>Boar=4 (Kill)

+1 mat

+1 uncommon item (under approval)

Quest 5/5

ID:19537 CD: 9

Finally it was time to learn blacksmithing! Devan headed back to down, he didn't realize how dark it had gotten. He was having far too much fun getting knocked on his ass by the boars. By the time he wondered into the smithery it was nearly deserted, which was a lot nicer and quieter. He walked up to his old buddy chris the NPC and started talking to him.

Chris: "Hey there, Helpcooldo! I see you've got the mat's I asked you to get. Why don't you head on to the back and try making yourself a sword and see if you can come up with something nice!"

Devan closed the chat window and went back to the back, blacking the mat onto the anvil, and using one of the blacksmiths spare hammers gave it a firm hit. He watched the ore turn into a fairly fine sword. It was about the same as his own, though looked a bit nicer, more a tuned to himself.

-1 mat

+1 longswod (good)

+2XP blacksmith

ID:19538 CD:2

Devan knew he could only craft twice a day at level 1 so he decided to try his hand again at it! He placed another mat onto the anvil and took a nice swing just like before, though this time something went wrong. Maybe he hit too hard? The mat poofed just like the boars, exploding into pixels. He sighed, though happy he managed to make something for his first try. He took the sword he did make and hid it away in his inventory, returning to Chris just to turn the quest in and finish it properly.

-1 mat

+1 XP blacksmith 3/20 (2nd try of the day)

Chris: "Done? oh no Sir we haven't even covered the best part about your profession! Haven't you seen all the shops around town? That's what you're going to be doing with all the items you craft. Sell em' Use em' or trade em'!" Devan sighed,  he'd forgotten about the shop part of the quest. "Alright alright, what do I need to do then ya dumb AI?" he spoke to himself, knowing the NPC couldn't rightfuly talk back as he swiped to continue.

Chris: "It's real easy actually! Go out and find an open stall, here on the first floor you're not going to find anything amazing, but keep leveling and working your way up and you'll have a mansion for a shop!" Devan nodded a bit, that was fair, giving new players an amazing shop would be kind of pointless. So he went out to find a place to park his new shop.

As Devan walked around town, looking over other players shops he started getting annoyed quickly. All the good spots were taken, the one's on the main road or in popular areas, it was hard finding a nice looking place. Though after about an hour of walking in circles he found this shop slightly hidden in the corner of a plaza, no doubt it wouldn't be the most visible shop in the world but through word of mouth and maybe a few flashy lights; he could get it looking good! He walked over to the store and as he was about to open a pop window came up with a simple message

Rent?

Cost:FREE

[YES] [NO]

Devan smiled, clicked yes then walked into his new store!