(SP-F6) <The Gemini> Another Me? (Complete)

It had been several months since Oikawa had been to the jungles of the sixth floor. The setting though visually similar, seemed very much foreign to him. The trees, the canopies, the undergrowth and the grass, all verdant and gleaming with life. But all he could feel was an eerie grim aura coming from the forest ahead. Something nagged at him not to enter but his subtle stubbornness won over as he placed a foot towards the grove of trees. One after the other, his feet moved forward.   His steps were slow paced and lingering, as he traveled to Amazon's Folly. 

For what reason would one go to a place that only plagued him with bad memories and unpleasant deeds? A place that reminded him just how close to insane he had come?  A place that reminded him he wasn't always as good as he seemed? A place that reminded him that he had demons? Why return? Simple he wanted to face those demons. He needed to calm his soul. The raging manifestation of negative energy that swelled within him needed to be eliminated and never seen again. He had heard of a mystical waterfall they lay just beyond the Folly. That was his destination. As he passed through hanging vines of the entrance to the forest he felt tinge of uneasiness pass over  him. It was here that this began, and it will be here that it ends...

Lush greenery draped the scenery around him as he moved through the forest. Trees towering over him, seemed to be alive as they swayed with the wind and housed the chattering avians of the skies above. He recognized a few paths along the way. Some more than likely continuing to lead to dangers while others only led to a dead end. His padded steps, echoed as soft thuds through the already noisy, yet peaceful, forest as he maneuvered through the next checkpoint. Unsheathing his blade, he sliced through the thicket so he could move on. It shouldn't be much further. I think I have a few more check points to go before I reach the waterfall.

Passing through the second of three checkpoints, something changed. The surrounding area remained the same but something else was off. Looking around, the blonde scanned the tree lines and brambles around him. Nothing seemed out of place, but it felt wrong. His eyes moved along the undergrowth until they rested on something peculiar. Is that..a..pl-player crystal? It's green. What does that mean? An actual player or maybe an NPC of sorts. Looking beneath the crystal, a figure stood. Hidden among the shade of the trees as it tried to conceal itself from view. That was the eerie feeling from earlier. What does he want?

The figure stepped from the undergrowth. He seemed like any other player in Aincrad aside from the fact that he had a NPC crystal above his head. Suddenly the player spoke. "Sorry for my brooding behavior. I was checking to make sure you're alone. I have a quest for you. Do you wish to proceed? Oikawa was completely taken aback by how normal the NPC seemed. Quests always had pretty decent rewards so without much he decided, why not? "I accept your quest. Now what do you need me to do?" inquired the blonde. "I challenge you to a duel. There will plentiful rewards should you accept. Do you accept?" A match request was sent over from the unnamed NPC. the match wasn't specified, but Oikawa decided to accept anyway. "Again, i accept."

The NPC suddenly glitched and became a mirror image of the blonde. From the looks all the way down to his attire.However, his name was finally revealed. The Gemini.

Gemini's Stats:

HP: 71/DMG: 6/ ACC: 1/EVA:0/MIT: 0

Parry

Battle Healing R2

Gear: Starting Clothes and Basic Rapier

My Stats:

HP: 71/DMG: 8/ ACC: 3/EVA: 3/MIT: 2

Bleed +1/Thorns +1/Paralyze +2

Parry

Battle Healing R2

Gear: Kyuketsuki (2 Dmg/ 1 Bleed), Inquisiteur ( 2 Para/1 Thorns), Talisman of the Owl (2 Acc) and Cape of the Progenitor (Light Armor)

[19721] BD: 8 (5+3) Hit

CD: 3

MD: 6 (8+1-3) Hit (Paralysis Activates) (Thorns Activate)

Oikawa took note that there HP bars were the same, however their gear wasn't. I wonder if he copied my skills? Guess we'll find out. As the timer ticked down, Oikawa checked his gear. He was confident in his abilities and was sure he could take on this NPC chameleon. As soon as the timer struck zero, the two lunged forward. Blade met shield as sparks flew. A quick slice of his crimson blade left the NPC with a red slash across his chest. In retaliation blade struck shield again. This time it manged to have enough force behind it to cut some of the blonde's shoulder. "Well played Gemini... but it seems you're gonna be stuck for a minute and feel my Thorns enhancement." His words rang true as the Paralysis status came into affect against the NPC as well as thorns projected into the Gemini like that of a Sword Art.

Oikawa: 67/71 (-4) [6-2]

Gemini: 62/71 (-9) PAR

[19722] BD: 9 (9+3) Critical Hit (Bleed Activates)

CD: 8

MD: 0 (0+1-3) ? (Paralyzed)

The NPC stared in disbelief as it struggled to move. "Pa-aral-lysis wh-what a chea-ap trick." was all he could manage as Oikawa ducked in for another strike. Taking his blade he crossed a giant digital X into the frame of the man and watched as his health took a critical hit. Then the NPC body glowed a faint red as the Bleed status took affect. Tch this seems a little too easy but then again, i'm just having extreme strokes of luck. Stay focused and get him to half life. Determined to win, he prepared for retaliation as the Paralysis wore off.

Oikawa: 67/71 (-0) [0-2]

Gemini: 52/71 (-9) PAR BLD 0/2

[19724] BD: 4 (1+3)  Critical Miss

CD: 4

MD: 2 (4+1-3) Miss

Oikawa watched as the NPC  moved about cautiously. They circled each other. Looking for a chance to strike. Neither one in a rush to end the other. It was a standoff. I oddly feel like even if I attacked at this moment, it would prove to be futile. The opening just isn't there yet. I have to keep my guard up though. the last thing I want is a surprise attack from him. A slip up could change the tide of battle and right now I still have the momentum. The Gemini clutched his chest as they circled for the tenth time. The bleed effect obviously affecting him as they continued.

Oikawa: 67/71 (-0) [0-2]

Gemini: 50/71 (-2) BLD 1/2

[19726] BD: 5 (2+3)  Miss

CD: 12

MD: 1 (3+1-3) Miss

Another standoff commenced as the two moved closer. Though this time it was different. Jumping back, Oikawa rushed in and let his rapier slice upwards only to have it deflected by the blade of his opposition. Suddenly the two came to a sword lock. Both attempting to pierce the other. Neither could beak through with brute force. With loud pants and heavy grunts, the two darted back and caught their breath. I should be stronger yet some how we're even. As they regained their breathing, a green glow encased both of them as their health bars trickled back up. Unfortunately it was no help for the Gemini as his health trickled back down as he clutched his chest again in pain from the bleed.

Oikawa: 69/71 (+2) [0-2]

Gemini: 50/71 (+2-2) BLD 2/2

[19729] BD: 5 (2+3)  Miss

CD: 7

MD: 7 (9+1-3) Critical Hit

The bleed effect finally subsided from the Gemini as a grin spread across his face. "Seems like it's my turn now." Like a sudden blur, the Gemini moved with extreme quickness as he bypassed Oikawa's defense and landed a thrust right through his chest. Staggering back the blonde had to take a knee as he overcame the pain. "At least you're not all talk. I was beginning to think was too easy." Standing up again, he motioned for the NPC to come at. Taking an offensive stance, he prepared to strike at a moments notice.

Oikawa: 64/71 (-5) [7-2]

Gemini: 50/71 (-0)

[19730] BD: 7 (4+3)  Hit

CD: 8

MD: 4 (6+1-3) Miss (Thorns Activated)

As predicted Oikawa's chance came. As soon as the NPC stepped forward, a crimson blade sliced across his cheek as Oikawa surged past him. Not even flinching, the Gemini turned on his heel and attacked once again. His blade taking a high arc before being knock aside by the blonde's shield. Quickly, Oikawa slammed his shield into the chest of the Gemini, knocking him back a few feet. This not only created distance, but activated his thorns as the Gemini took another bit of damage. I just need to keep the pace up. One more good hit and this duel should be over.

Oikawa: 64/71 (-0) [0-2]

Gemini: 41/71 (-9)

[19731] BD: 9 (6+3)  Hit

CD:11

MD: 5 (7+1-3) Miss (Thorns Activated)

Timing it, the blonde dashed forward. He seemingly vanished, before reappearing above the Gemini. A crimson crescent arc replaced the x he had left across the NPC's chest earlier. Of course retaliation ensued, as the Gemini grunted before going at him for payback. However, his attack was again predictable as he deflected it and bashed him away. "Come on Gemini. i know you can fight better then that." Suddenly Oikawa stopped. Something had grabbed his attention and it bugged him. "Why haven't I been declared the winner? You're HP is clearly under half. Unless... this was a Total Loss Match. You had planned on killing me hadn't you?"

The Gemini sneered before replying through panted breaths. "I see you noticed my ruse. Yes this was planned killing. Can you finish the deed? Haha ! If not, I'll kill you swiftly." The green aura returned as they both regained some health.

Oikawa: 66/71 (+2) [0-2]

Gemini: 34/71 (+2-9)

[19733] BD: 12 (9+3) Critical Hit (Bleed Activated)

CD: 2

MD: 8 (10+1-3) Critical Hit (Paralysis Activated)

The Gemini grew confident as he mimicked Oikawa's attack. Knowing the pattern, Oikawa was able to deflect some of the damage but wasn't surprised when the Gemini's blade cut into his torso. Feigning a retreat, the blonde extended his shield to catch the NPC off guard as he followed up with a reverse 360 back slash across his frame. Both sustained heavy damage but Oikawa's attack proved more effective as the Paralysis and Bleed took effect.

Oikawa: 60/71 (-6) [8-2]

Gemini: 23/71 (-9) PAR BLD 0/2

[19734] BD: 13 (10+3) Critical Hit (Bleed Reactivated) (Activates Parry)

CD: 10

MD: 0 (0+1-3) ? (Paralyzed)

As the Gemini stood, motionless and completely vulnerable, Oikawa grinned as the opportunity was to good to pass up. Slamming His rapier straight into the chest of the NPC, he activated his <<Parry>> skill. Where as normally he would only deal half damage, due to the critical nature of his attack, his Parry attack did full damage and would reduce the damage dealt to himself by half on the opponent's next swing. Yet again the green aura shrouded the players as their HP trickled back up in unison. Though the end was certainly near for the Gemini. Even if don't hit him in the next couple of swings, he will take significant amounts of damage from bleed.

Oikawa: 62/71 (+2) [0-2]

Gemini: 13/71 (-12+2) PAR BLD 0/2

[19737] BD: 6 (3+3) Hit

CD: 9

MD: 0 (2+1-3) Miss

The Gemini seemed to have lost his edge as he watched his HP enter the danger zone. Oikawa could only grin as the end became apparent. The Gemini would not go down with out a fight however. Lunging forward, he attempted to thrust his blade into the blonde, however, it was easily blocked by Oikawa's shield as parry activated resulting in the damage being zero considering he made no contact. Counter attacking, the crimson blade tore through the Gemini's clothing again and was followed by another chest clutch as he dropped to his knees. "Time to end this I'm afraid. This reward better be worth it."

Oikawa: 62/71 (-0) [0/2-2]

Gemini: 3/71 (-10) BLD 1/2

[19739] BD: 13 (10+3) Critical Hit

CD: 4

LD: 2 (Gained Concentration)

MD: 3 (5+1-3) Miss

Bringing his rapier above his head, Oikawa dealt the finishing blow as crystal littered the ground before disintegrating. Hmm that was probably the weirdest quest I have ever participated in. Even more interesting he seemed to have dropped a metal of some kind. At least I can use that to craft. Collecting the loot, he took a moment to rest and regain some health before continuing on through the forest. He hadn't expected this quest but knew he had another quest calling his name and it required him to eradicate the demon within himself. A notification popped congratulating him on his quest completion.

Oikawa: 62/71 (-0) [0/2-2]

Gemini: -9/71 (-12) BLD 2/2 DEAD

[Oikawa- The Faint gained 1 Material]

[19744] LD: 20 (18+2)

Looking over his rewards, he noticed he had gained an extra skill along with four skill points for him to invest. Those will certainly come in handy for my next quest. A little bit longer before I head out again. You know what? I might as well enjoy some bread with blue berry jelly and some water. Opening his menu, he selected the items and materialized the. As they appeared in front of him, he gulped down a half of the bottle before he even applied the jelly to the bread. He split the loaf in half and and spread the jelly along both sides before closing it and taking a bite. "Oh my! That jelly makes this taste 10 times better. Good lord, Kotori is amazing for making this!"

Knowing he still had a ways to go, he went ahead and equipped his plushie just in case he could spot some materials. It was just his luck that an ore seemed to spawn a fe feet away from where he was sitting. Getting up he grasped the ore and added it into his inventory.

Material Count: 2

[19746] LD: 3 (1+2)

He enjoyed the final bits of his makeshift meal as he continued to look through the undergrowth and surrounding area for materials. Heading in the direction of the next checkpoint, he decided to make the last leg of his trip a material gathering  hunt. Might as well since I'm out here. However his luck in the current area was very poor to say the least. Moving through the forestry he continued oh his path to the waterfall.

Material Count: 2

[19748] LD: 19 (17+2)

As he passed through into the final checkpoint he could see the end of the forest off in the distance. Almost there. I just have to get through this last stretch. Rushing through the brambles, he slashed through vines and verdant blockage as he powered on to the exit. He nearly slammed into a tree as he skidded to a sudden halt. An emerald ore rested in the tree to his left. protruding from the strange bark waiting for someone to take it. The blonde was happy to oblige as he quickly added the ore to his inventory. Hmm collecting ores seems to be easier when it isn't your soul focus. Interesting.

Material Count: 3

[19750] LD: 19 (17+2)

The exit seemed much like the entrance but the sound of falling water could be hard in the background. Taking his final steps from the forest, he felt a cool refreshing mist sprinkle his body as he passed through the columns. The exit overlooked and enormous river headed by a crystal clear waterfall. Stepping down from the ledge, he spotted another emerald ore and quickly bagged it as he made his descent down the stony steps leading to the fall.

Material Count: 4