[PP - F4] <The Avalanche> with Ssendom

Lowenthal pulled up his quest journal. He had recently accepted the <Avalanche> quest. And as confident he was with his own abilities, he though it best to not tackle the beast alone. He switched to his private message, and sent the one person who he thought would be the best in this situation. Ssendom. Lowenthal knew that the man liked to hunt, and would be an asset. Lowenthal sat down on a snow covered bench and waited.

Ssendom yawned walking out of the Crescent Hare Forge not far from the Teleportation gate on the fourth floor. He began to stretch to get cozy and re-acclimated to the temperature of the fourth floor when he noticed a PM from a friendly name, "Hmm, I wonder what Lowenthal sent me a message of?" He asked him self redundantly as he knew the answer lay inside the note. Without much waiting he dropped his Menu HUD and opened the private message, "So he wants to tackle the Ice Giant known as Avalanche? Sounds good, I can always use another one of the potions. I only have one atm, would be good to have another for a run at Cerberus... And a good chance to put this new armor to use." He smirked. He looked up to see Lowenthal not too far away from his position when he obtained the message, "Now that's funny." He chuckled then walked up to Lowenthal, his movements made enough sound by pushing the snow with his feet giving away his position immediately.

Lowenthal looked up and stood up noticing Ssendom only a few feet away. "Well that was quick." Lowenthal said, his new coat he made earlier just in preparation of this floor. "How you've been doing?" Lowenthal asked his companion as he approached. He didn't expect Ssendom here so quickly, he figured that he was in the middle of  fight or another hunting quest. "Didn't expect you so soon, you been on this floor long?" Lowenthal asked, rubbing his hands together still not used to the cold. He didn't he'd ever get used to it.

Ssendom finished walking up scratching the back of his head while having a huge smile on face, "I was staying at friends forge over night and happened to just be here when you sent a note out for me." He explained as his chuckle turns into an embarrassing kind of laugh with a failed attempt to hide it. He cleared his voice to help regain his composure, "so you're after Avalanche and need a hunting partner of sorts?" He grinned viciously as he seemed pumped to go out and destroy the Avalanche, "well you messaged the correct person for some necessary assistance... Lets go destroy this massive ice elemental!" He shouted pumping himself up more and hyping himself up for the fight.

Lowenthal grinned at his friend. "Hopefully a girl's place?" Jowenthal jested at his friend. "So anyway, yeah. Trying to get some last minute Col and Skill points." Lowenthal said, grinning. "But this is my first time doing this, and the quest log doesn't say much about were he's at. You min leading the way?" Lowenthal asked, sheepishly scrtching the back of his head. He was kind of embarrassed about not knowing anything about the quest.

Ssendom chuckles a bit, "Yeah, you missed doing this with me and Jomei after talking about hunting together." He finished laughing then pulls up his map information and shares it with Lowenthal before putting it away. "Yeah he's kinda a scrub if you ask me. But I got a bone to pick with him, or an icicle whatever you wanna call the score to be. He got a good shot on me, but this time he's shattering faster than last." He grinned viciously, "Lets go destroy us an Avalanche, I'll take the lead." He begins walking towards town as he switches into his Dreaded Legion Plate armor with the scabbard and his sword already set to be held up by a slit in the back of his armor specifically for holding it up.

Lowenthal laughed. "Alright then, you take point." Lowenthal put his hands into his pockets and followed close behind. "About then, sorry for ditching. I just can't stand that Jomei guy." Lowenthal said, shrugging. "Seeing as he stole the girl I had a crush on." lowenthal said, giving out an aggravated sigh. Lowenthal had about enough of it thinking about it, and it was about time he got it off of his chest.

Ssendom chuckleda bit, "No I definitely understand how you'd feel at that point. I'd have done just put my blade through his neck." He stated in a brutally honest tone. "Well, at least the boss infinitely respawns. We can still destroy the Giant piece of crap." He laughs out loud saying so. As he exits the town his head shines in a blue light, as the light dissipates his helm is sitting, "I am never gonna get used to that, it gets so damn bright, it's rather blinding." As he trudged through snow he turns his head to Lowenthal which was easily noticeable as the chains on the helm clang against the chest piece itself, "I'm surprised you decided to take the high road and not show your anger, if anyone tried to take Meo-chan from under me I'd become a Player Killer so fast you wouldn't even believe it. They would become my new pray as a hunter, I can't even lie about it." He confessed to Lowenthal about his true feelings for Meokka. "If you ever need someone to hunt with, or need someone hunted. Don't hesitate to ask me Lowenthal." He holds his fist out for a fist bump with the man he was hunting with.

Lowenthal laughed. "I don't think killing him would help any." Lowenthal said, then chuckling at Ssendom complaining about his helmet. "Well, I was angry. And I kind of blacked out. Can't remember if I threw a punch or not." Lowenthal said, scratching the back of his head. "And yeah, I know I can count on you." lowenthal said, tapping Ssendom's fist with his own.

Ssendom nodded at Lowenthal's fist bump. During their time talking and walking they had made it to a large boxed canyon that a massive open field surrounded by tree's the storm had seemed to pick up a bit and it seemed as though the storm was centered around the dead middle of the boxed canyon. "Alright, that's where he spawns. Once you get close enough he'll immediately trigger on the first person in the aggro zone. I'll go in first and try to bring it's immediate attention, take the advantageous angle and get around to the backside." He explains the strategy he had been planning the whole time while talking to Lowenthal. "And be careful, he's easily double the height of us if we stand you on top of me. But really he's just an shatterable piece of cold tooth picks if you ask me." He states bluntly. "Lets do this." His demeanor switches from an open personable one to a cold hearted killer of sorts then starts charging full throttle at the aggro zone.

ID: 20254

MD: 8 (Hit)

BD: 6 + 2 = 8 (Hit)

The giant breaks out from the ground still attached to the black ice from underneath. It's eyes flick red as it looks at Ssendom, while he is rushing at it the beast throws it's fist out. Ssendom narrows in on it and shoulder rushes directly into the punch, but even though the elemental is more massive in size and mass compared to Ssendom he didn't budge in fact he completely stopped the momentum of the punch. As the icy fist retracts Ssendom sweeps his blade in a powerful fashion leaving a giant scar across all of it's knuckles.

Ssendom 39/40 Hate: 1 (Mitigated 2 damage [4 MIT])

Lowenthal 44/44

Avalanche 43/50

DMG: 3

ID: 20380

MD: 8 (Hit)

BD: 8 + 2 = 10 (Hit)

Ssendom stood still taunting the Icy Giant to throw another punch at him, to which Avalanche obliged. As the punch began to reach him he charged at it again with his shoulder, it was like deja vu as his shoulder stopped the Icy Giants fist in mid momentum. Just as before when it retracted it's fist he slashed across it's knuckles causing it to cry out in pain. "Alright Lowen, take this opportunity! I have it's complete and undivided attention!" He shouted at his teammate in arms. He set his blade up in a defensive position with his hilt pointed to the sky and his hand on the backside of the middle blade of his Dusk Reaver.

Ssendom 39/40 Hate: 1 (Mitigated 2 damage [4 MIT])

Lowenthal 44/44

Avalanche 36/50

DMG: 3

ID: 20411

BD: 3+1=4(miss)

Lowenthal picked up his dagger. "I got him! I got him!" lowenthal cheered as he ran at the monster named Avalanche. But a repeat had happened. Lowenthal had slipped on the ice and this time had fallen on his face and slid across the ice, into a snow embankment. Lowenthal was buried in snow, about up to mid-chest and was struggling to get free. Lowenthal finally burst free from the snow, his face red as if a player or monster had actually done HP damage to him. "I. Hate. ICE!" Lowenthal screeched, as he prepared to attack again.

Ssendom 39/40 Hate: 2

Lowenthal 44/44

Avalanche 36/50

ID: 20424

MD: 10 (Crit 2)

BD: 8 + 2 = 10 (Hit)

Ssendom saw Avalanche begin to sweep it's right arm, he prepped his blade for the arm that was incoming but it had stopped short of him. Ssendom looked at it then he realized what Avalanche was doing, he turned around but it was too late. Avalanche easily hit all of Ssendom when he wasn't prepared for the punch. He staggered a bit as the armor took the brunt of the attack, in fact Ssendom barely moved but the punch was clean on him. Ssendom turned to the hand as it began to be pulled up. He leaped onto the hand and used it's arm as a pathway up. As he reaches the shoulder he could feel Avalanche trying to shake him off so he plunged his blade into Avalanches shoulder and kept it there to keep his balance on it. He looks down at Lowenthal, "You should probably get your hatred for ice checked down there mate!" He cackled after he shouted it to him.

Ssendom 39/40 Hate: 3

Lowenthal 44/44

Avalanche 29/50

ID: 20441

BD: 5+1=6 (hit) 

Lowenthal thought it be better to not even try to stand. Instead he spun around onto his back and pushed off the snow bank. he slid on his back, and slashed at the snow beast's ankles as he slid by. Surprising to Lowenthal, the tactic actually worked. Even more surprising, it's worked out well. It did quite a bit of damage and Lowenthal felt solid ground and quickly got to his feet. "That worked? Hot damn." Lowenthal cheered to himself.

Ssendom 39/40 Hate: 3

Lowenthal 44/44 hate: 1

Avalanche 23/50

ID: 20486

MD: 9 (Hit)

BD: 9 + 2 = 11 (Hit)

Avalanche could still feel Ssendom standing on the it's shoulder. It lifted it's hand up and slammed on him as hard as it could to try and squash him in his place. Ssendom's armor was able to withstand the entire attack, and he used the added strength of the Giant's hand to completely obliterated it's shoulder causing the arm to shatter off and explode into billions of small data particles. As Ssendom fell down he pushed off the leg of the now amputated giant to fly over to Lowenthal, his feet slamming into the ground cracking it on his way over and piercing his sword into the ground to slow him to a stop directly next to his partner. "Well, nice strategy down there. Hope my ability to keep it's attention up there helped." He chuckled as he ripped his blade out of the ground.

Ssendom 38/40 Hate: 3

Lowenthal 44/44 hate: 1

Avalanche 15/50

ID: 20593

BD: 8+1=9 (hit) 5dmg

As lowenthal hit solid ground, he quickly stood up. He reversed the grip on his kunai, and slashed at Avalanche. HIs kunai digging into its skin and creating the normal line of red damage simulating a wound. Lowenthal had gotten used to fighting on ice, finally. "Think I'm getting the hang of it. It's hard to stand, let alone fight." Lowental said, doing his best trying to stand up.

Lowenthal 44/44 hate: 2

Avalanche 10/50

ID: 20665

BD: 6 + 2 = 8 (Hit)

MD: 5 (Miss)

Ssendom saw Avalanche throw it's punch towards him again, "Well, even though Lowen is slashing the legs. Apparently he wants my head. I couldn't guess why though, I mean it's not like I took off his arm or anything." He chuckles at his joke he makes to himself. Just before the crash of Avalanches fist into the ground, Ssendom jumps up letting the slam of the fist give him some elevation. A giant ice block flew up as well, his weight slowed down his rise in the air. As he makes contact with the ice block he pushed off it dropping down to Avalanches arm, slashing through it with voracious strength slicing completely through the arm obliterating it into data particles. He looks up at the HP bar of Avalanche hit the red, "All on you Lowen, take it down!" He shouted over to his teammate attempting to inspire confidence in him.

Lowenthal 44/44 hate: 2

Avalanche 3/50

ID: 20674

BD: 4+2=6(Hit) 5dmg

LD: 14+1=15 (Mob HPx5 Col) 250Col + <<Snow Frost Potion>>

Lowenthal saw the HP of the monster went into the red, then to almost dead. Lowenthal <concentrated> and went to strike the final blow. Lowenthal's attack hit it's mark and the beast fell with a mighty thud. The beast then exploded into blue particles of data. Lowenthal watched as his loot menu appeared, and accepted the rewards. "Glad that's over with." Lowenthal said, spinning his kunai on one finger, before placing it back into it's sheath. Lowenthal stretched. "Well, that was easy." Lowenthal said to his party member.

Ssendom lifted his sword and slid it into it's scabbard, he turned to Lowenthal then put out his fist for another fist bump, "Excellent hunting session there Lowen." He deactivated his helmet so it would disappear till reactivated again, "We gotta do this again sometime. You've got style to your fighting, keeps me entertained but I know I can trust you to watch my back at the same time." He compliments Lowenthal heavily, reassuring him that he had Ssendom absolute trust in combat, "You ever want to hunt again, give me a ring or a notification and we'll get it done. Till next time mate."