[PP-F4] A First Date (Kotori)

Warmth seemed to course through him as Kotori grabbed his hand. An electric touch sparked within him, causing nothing but a happy grin to split across his face. Taking her hand he led her out the door and to the teleportation gate in town. He looked down at her and could only admire her beautiful features. He found himself blushing in mere seconds as they continued on. He wanted to shower her with compliments, but didn't know how to without coming out as awkward. Holding his tongue, he just continued to move along to the gate.

Kotori found herself being led to the teleportation gate of Urbus within seconds of grabbing Oikawa's hand, something that took her a few minutes to realize it was happening. Almost needing to run to keep up, the girl took a firm grip on his hand as to not be left behind although he wouldn't do something like that considering she was in his center of attention. It seemed that they would be going to another floor, hopefully one the she did like and not a few others floors that were distasteful. She also took good note of how he seemed to blushing furiously similar to how she was doing to just before. Maybe it was something contagious, but her face became the color of blood itself as she realized he was doing so from grabbing her hand in the first place.

He felt her grip tighten as he pulled her along through the plaza and an inexplicable grin tugging on the corner of his lips as they moved through the crowd. To the fourth floor for skating. Looking back at her, he slowed the pace and inquired. "So how is your skating ? Mine is pretty...meh at best haha. you don't mind getting on the ice though do you?" He wanted to make sure that she was comfortable with doing these things and didn't want to take her out of her comfort zone. He wanted to keep this simple and fun and void of awkwardness.

As the duo neared and neared the gate that provided the transportation needed to end up in their destination, Oikawa ended up inquiring Kotori's skills in ice skating and whether or not she minded doing the task in the first place. The last part ended up reminding her of a certain incident that occurred on the fourth floor that she and rather kept in the back of her brain. Still, that wouldn't ruin what the two were going together so she ended up responding without mentioning anything about it. 
"Urm.. Honestly, I only was able to ice skate when I got stuck in this game. I'll probably just follow your lead, so I'm fine with ice skating."

Oikawa chuckled at Kotori's response. He looked to the girl as they stepped onto the platform holding the gate. "If you follow my lead will probably end up on the ground more than anything haha, but it should be fun." Gesturing towards the gate, he gave a slight bow and stated, "After you milady." Following suit, he entered the gate and issued the words for teleportation. "Teleport: Floor Four ,Snowfrost Town." They were soon warped to the winter wonderland known as Snowfrost Town. Dropping from the platform, snow crunched beneath his soles as he readjusted his cape. "A lot cooler here than before, but snow isn't too bad. Well love, shall we continue to the rink?" 

After entering the gate and teleporting, the raven-haired girl found herself in the magnificent place that was the fourth floor. Its dainty snowflakes that albeit cold to the touch, they were the most beautiful things to be seen. The crunchy frosty snow beneath them that cushioned her footsteps made her ecstatic. This place really was the most amazing floor in Aincrad so far, it was only necessary to do this event where they were standing. Immediately, Kotori dashed into the town itself, nodding at Oikawa to take suit. They were going to have a lot of fun in this place.

His question was answered with action as Kotori dashed into town. Grinning, the blonde followed as he chased her to the rink. Maybe he was mistaken, but the noirette seemed to be moving even faster than the last time they ran and it caught him off guard as he struggled to keep up. Well when did she get so fast? No matter haha. Snow kicked up as they weaved through town. The city skating rink wasn't much further for them as they continued running. Well hopefully I don't face plant.

Kotori found herself close by to the ice rink as she came to the stop abruptly. Oikawa was having a bit of trouble catching up to her for some reason, which was odd with how fast he was going to last time the two were running. This gave her time to examine the area for what it was and the place actually looked pretty nice, although the low temperature kept her more alert since it gave a slight discomfort. Still, it wouldn't hurt to try ice skating, especially with the boy by her side helping her out. 

Catching up to her finally, Oikawa flashed his usual grin as motioned for her to wait as he went to go pay for the entrance fee. The attendant NPC seemed friendly enough as he passed the blonde a few tickets. Returning, he let out a frosted breath as he pointed to a shack near the rink and handed Kotori her ticket. "We can pick up some skates over there and the door to the rink is on the other side. It's been recommended, that if were not-so-great-at-skating, that we hang closer to the walls of the rink haha. But I'm willing to try if you are." Extending his hand, he was ready to lead her to the rink and try their luck.

Kotori looked at the boy before heading off to get the skates that were needed to actually do the task, it seemed simple enough although she started to have doubts about what they were doing. At first it seemed it would be a really fun thing, but now she was having second thoughts. How much fun could a person have by sliding on ice? She didn't want to be rude at all though so she decided to get onto the ice and meet up with Oikawa. She would just try to follow what he did and hopefully not end up making a complete fool out of herself.

As they collected their skates, Oikawa noticed the small doubt on Kotori's face. Lacing up his skates, he turned to face her. "Something the matter Ko?" He was unsure how to read her. She wasn't exactly and open book but that's another little thing he loved about her. She kept him on his toes. He just wanted her happiness. He was happy enough being with her. He patiently waited for her response. Maybe she's having second thoughts about skating? At least we'll embarrass each other haha. A warm grin spread across his lips as his thoughts roamed.

"N-no..." the girl answered with clarity as she turned to look at the boy across from her. She didn't want to trouble Oikawa with anything and she couldn't worry him with her frequent frowning so she put a small smile as she gazed at him. Sure, she was having a bit of issue with skating but that wasn't enough to do something over it. She would have to endure through the next part and maybe enjoy it. The ice rink seemed to be out of place however from the rest of the floor, something that wouldn't exist in the time period the game was trying to set although maybe it was there for another reason. Still, there was no time to be thinking about miscellaneous things such as that.

A hesitant "no" escaped from the girl as she responded to his inquiry. He felt something was in fact the matter but didn't want to press her about it. She'll tell me when she's ready I suppose. Rounding the corner of the shack, the opening to the rink appeared. Heading up the 3 steps, Oikawa took a few steps out onto the ice. The ice seemed sturdy enough, as he glided forward and back. Looking toward Kotori, he grinned and gave her an encouraging glance. "It's not that bad I promise. If you don't like it, we can go do something else though!" He wanted her to get more enthused about their date but it just seemed to be going alright at best. Maybe I'm too passive or too aggressive? But patience. If she likes me it'll happen when it does. that's all there is to it.

She gave a slight sigh as she found herself stepping onto the rigid, frosty ice that was beneath the two of them at that the moment. Instead of going out onto the ice right away, the girl kept herself upright by getting against the wall that surrounded and made up the rink. It didn't seem so hard to skate after all, maybe the wall wasn't doing much and she was just a bit paranoid as usual. "It doesn't feel bad.. I'm going to try to get over to you." Confident in being able to do the task properly, Kotori stepped forward as she let go of the wall. For the few seconds it felt a bit nice, but a sudden wave of nausea came over her and her foot gave way, the blade slipping on the slippery ground before letting her fall into the ground. A pain grew inside her face, but she wasn't wincing or anything like that. The only thing odd about her face was the color of it which was such a bright red it looked as if it could burn the ice itself. She couldn't help but feel angry at everything around for her accident.

Oikawa watched as the noirette, stepped onto the slick icy surface. She seemed to be doing fine. She seemed hesitant which was something the blonde was becoming accustomed to. She then said she was going to try and skate to him. Poising himself, he kept his arms out ready to grasp her. However, as she pushed off from the wall, things went a little south. He was ready to catch her, up until she slipped on the ice. To slow in his reaction to stop her fall, he could only kneel down to her and offer his hand. "Well it could've been worse. You injured or anything?" Concerned, he waited to pull her up and maybe continue on.

It was embarrassing moment to fail at an almost utterly simple task, Kotori was angry at herself for messing up on skating. If she had only took things a bit slower, maybe she wouldn't have fallen onto the ice like an almost complete idiot. At least nobody was laughing or calling her out for being such a clumsy fool, Oikawa was actually trying to assist her in getting back up. "No.. I'm fine." she answered with a monotone voice as she grabbed his hand and lifted herself off the ground. Maybe this time she would become more careful in how she approached skating, that would actually help at the moment.

Oikawa nodded as he helped her to her feet. "Here, lets take it slow." Keeping himself close, he allowed her to use him as a support if she needed it. His steps being small and slow as he moved along the ice. Looking to the only girl who's ever clutched his heart without even lifting finger, the blonde grinned and spoke. "So I've come into not so great information. It's really not the type of thing to bring up on date. But it's been bugging me. It has to do with your acceptance into Absolute Pin..." His grin drooped as he considered how she might take it. It's not the worse information but it is certainly disheartening to say the least...

Kotori nodded in agreement as she got stood upright from her most latest fall. She didn't want to do anything but take it slow considering going fast was what caused her to fall so ungracefully in the first place. After a few moments of quietness, Oikawa decided to bring up something that he didn't seem altogether happy about telling her, but she decided to listen anyway. Turned out the information could be bad since it was about her acceptance to AP, something she was having weird thoughts about although she couldn't think of anything absolutely bad about it. Nonetheless, she had open ear to what he had to say about this suspicious guild that she found herself in.

Seeing she had no objections, he continued. "Well from what I gather, there was an ulterior motive in accepting you into Absolute Pin. Though you were expected in hopes of being a prominent member, due to my solo status, it was inferred that you would be able to bring me into Absolute Pin as well. Basically meaning they got you to get to me..." Oikawa kept his pace but continued too look forward. However, curiosity killed the cat as he turned to gauge her reaction to the information. 

It wasn't fair that she had to go through this again, her paranoia becoming confirmed once since she got here. No, Kotori wouldn't get angry and she would definitely not look for revenge. At least this gave her a completely valid reason to leave the guild once for all, there was few other reasons that she didn't want to mention for fear of being ostracized. Nevertheless, it made her a bit depressed to know that now she was just seen as an extension of Oikawa it seemed. She was just going to be used as a way to get him. Maybe it would best to stay solo for a bit.. The only viable response given by the regretful girl was a frown that appeared on her face as the person in front of him spoke to her about the predicament that she had managed to find herself in.