[PP-F4] A First Date (Kotori)

The frown on her face saddened him. He knew of her past. The paranoia, the using, at least some of it any way. Stopping he turned, and put his hand to her chin and lifted it. "Hey, no matter what they say, you are your own person. You're more than just my girlfriend and you're more than what you imagine. Don't let it get you down alright?" Removing his hand, he turned back around resumed skating with her. How effective his little pep talk was, was to be determined, but at the very least it should clear any doubts. She was strong in her own way. Mentally and physically, she had proven herself, despite her lower level. Sighing, he hoped this didn't upset her too much.

It wasn't much what Oikawa had said, he was just trying to make her feel better about the news. It was nice and all, but still it made Kotori just feel immensely worse since she just felt so useless and unwanted compare to everyone she knew. She wasn't strong at all, she was probably only be wanted because Oikawa could be received through her and she just plain was sucky in general. Instead of moping about though, the girl found herself following the boy as she managed to stomp her way over to the boy. She could feel bad about it later, at the moment the two of the had a date together and she wasn't going to mess it up with her little dramatic frowns and what-not.

Slowing his pace again, he lingered on each step as it glided across the ice. His legs nearly moving out of habit as he focused on the girl next to him. "...Hey Ko...you know only two things matter right? How you think of yourself and how you made me fall in love by just being you. To think, just months ago, I had no clue who you were and what your story was. I had no clue that'd I'd be getting into something like this. But the best part is, I'm glad I did, and I'd definitely do it all over again. Your not useless, your far from it. And you'll always be wanted whether it's by me or the people who are to blind to see your value. Your priceless and I'd never let you go. I love you too much for that." Oh boy, he said it. The four letter word that makes just as many relationships as it breaks. But he meant it. Every word, every compliment, and every moment.

Oikawa was just the most perfect person Kotori had met. At times he was a bit cheesy and mysterious, but he could be the sweetest person at times. Midway through his long speech towards herself, she felt an urge to embrace him tightly and she decided to just that. She dashed forward and gave the boy the tightest hug she could muster through her skinny weak arms, a blush filling her face as she found herself with the almost addictive happy feeling finding her way to the center of heart. The blush grew ten times bigger as he finished it by saying love. He loved her. And so did she. Somehow she was able to give an even tighter hug as she stood there embracing the fellow. There was nothing really could say without messing up the message she was giving as her hair flowed silently with the brisk wind that was filling the rink. He was the best thing to happen to her in her life.

A sudden gasp escaped the boy as Kotori embraced him. Slowing to a stop, he placed his arms around her and returned the hug. The hug was certainly a first in while. Her head rested just beneath his chin and her frayed across his chest. His blush becoming 50 shades of surprise and love as he released her. He bruoght his gaze to hers , and brushed a strand of hair from her face. "Feel better?" His grin as cheesy as always made a cameo as they stopped in the middle of the rink. Though others didn't seem to mind, the couple had certainly made a small scene in the middle of the rink.

Kotori did feel much better after giving an embrace to the boy and she couldn't help but giggle a bit as she overheard the gasp that came from Oikawa's mouth as he did so from the probable shock of her move against him. After letting go and standing there in front of him like a bubbling idiot, she calmed herself down and became a bit more serious although she still felt a bit bubbly inside herself, an odd feeling which she wished wouldn't go away until she went to sleep. "I do feel a bit better after doing, your face said it all in fact." she answered with clarity before allowing him the chance to be. She felt herself feeling less and less awkward around him every waking moment to the point that it was breeze to be able to talk and just be around him.

Even though the time that they have been together felt like it have been forever, it seemed like the day wouldn't end as the sun was still halfway throughout its journey in the sky, something that could be seen as a blessing to the both of them. After this little ice skating trick they intended on doing, they still had much more time on their hands to do whatever else they felt like doing. It was a great thing to be experiencing, this date thing that until SAO was released, she had never would have experienced and most likely ended not doing so at all. Maybe they could have a great load of fun if they hurried up a bit and went to their next location.

Snow drifted across the rink in small clumps. Clinging to everything in sight. Surprisingly, it actually seemed to compliment the varying things it clung to; giving the scenery a snowy touch, while all the while remaining a sight to behold. Though the area around them was serene and beautiful, Oikawa was certain that it still didn't compare to the very girl that stood before him. His cheeks became tinted with the hue of apples as she remarked about the blushing he had already done.  "Is it really that bad haha? What can I say? Even with all this snow, you still manage to make me melt every time I see you." He then patted his cheeks to help relieve them of some of their color. A grin slowly creeping across his face as he realized how silly he must've looked to her.

"Ahem," escaped his lips, as he cleared his throat. Taking her hand in his, he simply gazed into her eyes and smiled. "So it seems it'll be getting dark soon, shall we move on to perhaps dinner? Or a walk? Whatever you choose Ko." His crystal blue eyes becoming glinting sapphires as he waited for her to choose.

Oikawa just wouldn't stop with his compliments that just made her stomach feel all queasy inside, even though it was sort of a good queasy if that was even possible for her. It was very sweet of him to make her feel better and such, but it still didn't sit as right. He was perfect, but she wasn't. Kotori wasn't used to all the love-dovey actions that she often saw occurring within couples all throughout Aincrad and once in a while it was okay, but it did make her a tiny bit nautious. "Its probably because I never saw it happening or was too separated from society that I never really saw it. I'm not going to bring it up and hopefully he doesn't noticed anything because I rather not be asked what's going on again and again. I mean I love him so I'll try to tolerate. Enough with my problems anyway, I should probably care more about he's feeling anyway." The girl pondered on her thoughts before producing a response that could suffice for the blonde's request on what they should venture to next. "I'd prefer to go on a walk, dinner isn't my thing really." Her hand begin to shiver a bit from the close contact of Oikawa, but it probably wasn't enough for him to notice. There was also a second meaning to picking a walk, she hoped that maybe the walk could take place out of the safe zone so maybe they could fight together again.

She seemed hesitant at first, but eventually she decided on going for a walk. Nodding to her, he led her to the exit. He was careful to make sure she didn't slip again. As they turned in their skates, Oikawa checked the time and thought about any awesome spots to travel to here on the fourth floor. There's Frostbite Lake. A frozen lake while mainly used for ice fishing and skating, is also just a beautiful monster free place to be at night. There's also the Starglade. If I recall correctly, it's secluded, peaceful, and monster free for the most part. It's also a a popular place among couples. I have yet to explore the Starglade, so maybe there? I wonder if she's ever been? 

His thoughts floated about in his mind, as they continued to exit the town. The remnants of the rink now just a brightened spec in the background. The gates to the fields of snow were approaching quickly. His teeth chattered slightly as they stepped away from the safety of the town. It was as if the chilly air dropped another ten degrees around them. His gaze shifted from the snow riddles fields to the white fluff capped pines just ahead. The glade would be a bit of ways north from their location. Only splitting off to the east once they neared the edge of the floor.  A trek for sure, but worth it for the sight, serenity and chance to just hang out with Ko.

Gesturing ahead, a frosty breath escaped his lips as a few words echoed after. "While I do have a location in mind, this was your choice so you lead the way mi'lady."

• 2 weeks later...

"And so do I.." Kotori added in as she kept herself a steady distance from her taller companion. As her lungs took in the frosty air, an almost ghostly breath came out of her mouth as she took another step and so on. She could only assume that Oikawa was following suit so that he didn't lose track of her, although there was always others options to find her than the primarily used ones. It was odd feeling that she was possessing, a pure emotion that couldn't be described by anything but a surreal one and that was it. Her eyes dotting back and forth as she viewed the frosty wonderland full of its pine and oak trees and snowy covered branches. No, this was just a bizarre experience as she continued to trench forth through the floor.

A silence became glaringly present at the small female continued her trek through the biome, mostly absent of color defining the landscape around her. Has she had gone too far in? The girl stopped with a screeching stop before searching for any sign of her friend following. Indeed, she had found herself in quite the predicament. It didn't help that the sky had become significantly darker than it had been minutes before, sign of the increased spawn rate of mobs in this unsafe area. A screech burst through the air like a stray bullet coming from the gun of a madman, startling Kotori while making instinctively reach for her dagger and use it - had it been there in the first place. Realizing her stupidity, she reequipped her dagger and held it still in her hand before gazing around the for the cause of the sound.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing happened, but she never let her guard down. Stepping forward and her eyes dashing back and forth crazily, the girl realized why this was occurring. She had found herself standing on what appeared to be stairs into the entrance of a dungeon. Arching her foot backwards, a snort came from behind. Her reaction time was almost impeccable, but what had managed to sneak up on her had been even more amazing. It was a two-headed bear with the fur the color of snow. Her immediate reaction was to slash the eyes of the beast in pure fear and shock, managing to actually do so in the process while simaltaneously letting out a slight more audible yelp, although it couldn't alert anyone about her situation because it was still altogether not audible to anyone more than ten feet away. Kotori found herself tripping backwards as well as she tried getting away as quickly as she can from the monster. The wild mutant animal on the other hand had been enraged from the attack at its face and with a giant swipe of its right paw swung the girl into a nearby tree, knocking away a bit of her HP.

ID: 24827

BD: 10 [8+2]

MD: 9 [+1DMG]

Kotori's HP: 29/33

Bear's HP: 36/41

(Base DMG: 3)

"Looks like I'm following you then, " chimed the blonde as his steps fell in line behind hers. Snow slowly but surely drifted around them. Covering their steps as the went deeper into the forest. His mind began to wander. His gaze not settling on anything in particular but rather taking in the scene as a whole. Thoughts rattled his mind. None particularly bad but none overtly good either. A strange feeling crossed him as he continued to follow his lovely girlfriend through the wilderness. His face warmed. A red tint painting his cheeks as he found himself staring at her. The sway of her her frame; a hypnotizing metronome keeping to the beat of his heart as it softly pounded against his chest.

Frosty breaths escaped his lips. Soft pants muffled beneath the sound of snow crunching beneath his steps. His focus once focused on the noirette before him, now toggled towards the sky as he watched the snow rain from above. This world, much like our own, has quite the sight. The flakes that dance and float from the darkening sky above are quite realistic as far as sight is concerned, but unlike our world, it's not snow. It's coded data. Formatted to act and a give off the illusion of something that it's not. Why do we yearn for a world surrounded by something that isn't real? To escape the cruel reality back home? Is it any better here? Tch. I'm getting myself riled up over nothing. This is a date after all. My focus should be on Kotori. Speaking of where is she?

Blue orbs scanned the area in search of her. But to no avail. "Ko! Where'd you go? Are we playing a ga- CRACK! The sound of snapping wood alerted the blonde. What was that? Is Ko in danger? Wasting no time, Oikawa sprinted off in the direction of the noise.

Snow whipped and twirled as he neared a  clearing of sorts. His eyes widening as he noticed Kotori laid against a tree. His eyes flicked to the mass of white fur standing a few yards off. Pressing forward, he stopped by Ko's side first. "Are you alright Ko? You don't seem to badly injured." Shifting his focus to the now complete visible bear that donned not one but two heads, Oikawa swiped through his inventory and equipped he gear. A slight gust of wind and a flash of light signified the materialization of his equipment. Dusting his cape, the blonde stood and unsheathed his rapier. Winking to Kotori, he bolted across the snowy field. His rapier quickly piercing the underside of the beast as he rushed passed. 

The roar of the bear wasn't deafening but could definitely be heard as it crumpled to the floor. A blood drop appearing next to it Health bar, signifying that Oikawa's Bleed had activated. Expelling the breath he had been holding, he looked to Ko. His eyes calling her to arms so they could combat the bear together.

[24918] BD: 8 (5+3) Bleed Activated

[H:2] Kotori 29/33

[H:1] Oikawa 81/81

Bear's HP: 29/41 (-7) -2 BLD 2/2

(Base DMG: 3)