[PP-F3] Journey to the Grave (Helios)

(Disclaimer: We will not be going through or RPing in the Churches of the Dead. Just in the area outside of it.)

Oikawa had been keeping his eye on a certain fellow. He showed promise but much was still to be seen. After giving it some thought, he decided to take the player under his wing for a trip to a place that would help test the player in question. Shooting his prospect a PM, Oikawa waited by the outskirts of Delilah Village. he better prove himself else this would be a waste of time. I guess only time will tell. Though I will be severely disappointed if he's late for our meet up. That'd be a strike one right there.

Helios darted outside of Delilah Village, late for a meeting with someone who had sent him a private message. He saw the player awaiting his arrival and sighed, afraid he was going to be slapped for being late. The boy did not look exceptionally happy about him being late. He slowed down as he reached him. "Sorry i'm late," he said, panting, "I'm Helios, the one you PMed." he stopped to take a breath before saying anything else. Running felt a lot harder than it used to. Well, looks like i'm out of shape. That could cause problems in the future, but I won't worry about it now. he thought, yawning. He stood up straight again, feeling much more awake than he did before. "So, what did you call me here for?" he asked, curious to what someone would want with him. He didn't think he'd done anything wrong, and he didn't recognize the player very well, so it couldn't have been that. Helios thought about what he could have been called for, but couldn't think of a single reason.

Tch...He was late. No matter lets get on with it. "Nice to meet you Helios, formally that is. My name is Oikawa. 5th Commandant of the Azure Brigade and Numero Uno Blacksmith in Aincrad currently." Looking the player over. He took note of the players current attire, which would place him among the players that were just coming out of there shell and the fact that he carried a curved sword. "I brought you here to run some tests. I cannot disclose what they are for but if you would like to proceed, we can. Otherwise I've wasted both of our time and we shall part ways.What say you?" He hoped Helios would be on board, but given the lack of information he wouldn't be surprised if he decided against continuing on.

Although there was only the slightest bit of information to go on, Helios didn't mind. He was, of course, quite intrigued to find out what it was that Oikawa wanted with him. "I'd like to know what this is all about, so I'll do whatever you need of me." he stated. He had heard of Oikawa and the Azure Brigade before, and he felt fairly safe around him. He definitely did not expect the player to PK him or anything of that sort. "So, what will we be doing out here?" he questioned, as they were just outside of the village and it didn't look like there was much they could complete in that area. He did say he was a blacksmith. Maybe he wants to teach me the black arts of smithiry. He had to hold in laughter at the thought of his utterly stupid joke. Of course he wasn't going to teach him how to be a blacksmith!

"Good to hear. So I brought you out here to learn how to be a smith. I need someone to take over my shop when I decide to commit to front lines and you seem like you have the determination, grit, and vigor to be my protege? What do you say Helios?" The blonde waited for the young player's response. He couldn't help but grin because he knew his statement was a complete lie. He wouldn't bring anyone all the way out here to an <Earning A Living> quest. He in fact wanted to test the young man's skill. He was gonna take him on a monster run for a bit. Hopefully he could prove himself as a capable fighter. Time will tell.

His jaw dropped as he heard what the blonde-haired boy had to say. So he is going to teach me the black arts of smithiry... I must have been leveling up my "Mind Reading" skill without even knowing! he thought, grinning. "Yes, of course I'll take over for you. What are you going to be teaching me first?" he inquired. He had never once thought of becoming a blacksmith so the idea was new to him. After thinking it over he didn't think he'd have what it takes to be a smith anyway, but he thought he'd give it a try anyway. To be completely honest, Helios expected to be fighting monsters or tagging along on a quest or something along those lines. He then remembered Oikawa saying something about the Azure Brigade. Maybe they were electing him as their mascot or something. He had to chuckle at the thought of that. He imagined his face on a poster saying "The Azure Brigade! The most prestigious and powerful guild in all of Aincrad!"

Nodding to the lad, Oikawa couldn't hold it in any longer. A few chuckles escaped his lips as he grasped his mouth and sides. "Keke, first thing you should know, is don't take everything you hear as gold. Always be skeptical and aware. There is no bloody reason to bring someone out here to train as a smith. No today YOU fight. I will simply spectate. I'm gauging your skills for an upcoming project and should you meet the requirements and have the desire to do so, I will inform you on said project and let you join. Any questions?" The aura around the blonde got a little more tense and serious. He meant business from here on out. "Also, since you'll only be fighting what I hand pick, I will compensate you materials and col seeing as how you won't be able to collect much with me around due to game mechanics." Sending him a friend and party request, Oikawa awaited Helios' decision.

His expression turned serious as the blonde sent him the invitation. His hand went to the "Accept" button and he nodded. For all he knew, the player's choice of monster could have been incredibly difficult. He certainly hoped that would not be the case. "Where will I be fighting the monster?" he asked, looking at the player. All of the sudden he felt a rush of excitement. He was pleased to know that he was wanted for Oikawa's project. At that moment, Helios decided he would prove his worth to the young man. He grinned putting his hand on his sword and gripping it tightly. "I'm ready for anything you throw at me." he declared.

"You needn't worry. It will only scale up as you progress in my trial. If it gets out of hand, I will step in and help." Gesturing for Helios to follow, Oikawa would lead him further out and down into a canyon. Spotting the first trial, the blonde point to a beast not to far up. "That <Elf Dragon> is your first trial. I will watch your fight. And document some results. Sounds easy no?" Oikawa found a rocky wall and leaned against it as he observed Helios' battle. Welp here's your first test lad. Lets see how you do.

Helios: 19/19

<Elf Dragon> 8/8

Base Damage: 2

(You have first attack. I'll roll for the Mob's attack.)

Helios looked at the <Elf Dragon> and drew his curved sword. "It doesn't look too powerful." he stated, walking up to it. He lunged at the dragon. I've fought dragons that were a tad stronger than this before. I can do it again! he thought, slashing the beast. He grinned as the monster roared. It sounded to him like it was in pain, but he was hesitant to believe that Kayaba would go as far as making the NPCs feel pain. Doing that would be completely and utterly cruel. Just as he thought, defeating this monster was going to be easy. He readied his sword and studied the dragon, waiting to see what it would do. The black-haired boy was curious to see what the dragon would do. He was also inclined to know what the player observing him thought of the fight.

ID: 20443

BD: 10 (Crit +2)

Elf Dragon: 4/8

The dragon took the blow as it flapped back and roared. Coughing, it sucked in air as it tried to blow a breath of sand fire but it missed the player by a few inches. Coughing some more, the tiny tan and emerald dragon flapped away and hovered around the player.

The blonde watched the match from afar. He took  note of the early critical the player dished out and watched as the dragon struggled to land a hit against him. Well he's starting out strong. He should participate in more adventures though. He needs to level up more. Let see how he proceeds.

[20497] MD: 5 Miss

<Elf Dragon> 4/8

That was close. I need to concentrate or i'll end up getting hit next time. he thought. He stood still as the dragon circled around him. Impatience began to consume him as he waited for a good time to strike. He sighed, knowing it was a bad idea, and rushed the beast head on. He attempted to stab the monster, but missed by mere inches. Swiftly, he moved back and readied his scimitar, expecting an attack from the dragon. He waited, patiently this time, for another breath attack or to be charged with full force. He had a good feeling he was going to lose some health here. By the look on the blonde spectator's face, he could tell he made a mistake by attempting to assault the little dragon.

ID: 20510

BD: 5 (Miss)

The <Elf Dragon> took flight as it evaded the player's head on attack. Charging up, the dragon unleashed a volley purple energy shots and watched as one-by one, missed the player before it. Hovering closer to the player, the dragon attempted to make it nigh impossible to be killed by floating so close to its enemy. The blonde continued to watch as the two participants strugled back and forth. Neither being able to hit the other. He's still learning, I have to keep that in mind. He may not have accuracy buffs yet either, Shame really. He could've had it already but I digress.

[20538] MD: 1 Critical Miss

<Elf Dragon> 4/8

Taking a breath, Helios raised his scimitar and focused on his opponent. The <Elf Dragon> had managed to miss another attack and he was grateful for that. He new he was capable of finishing the fight right there, but he needed to concentrate. The dragon was too close for comfort. He moved back once again so he wasn't guaranteed to take any damage. The dragon definitely was not weak, just inaccurate. He leaped towards the monster, attempting to stab it, but missed by a mile! What was I thinking!? he thought, hoping the monster would miss another shot. Taking a critical hit would damage him, and that was not a great idea.

ID: 20539

BD: 1 (Critical Miss)

He whiffed again on the attack. What's that thrice in a row now? He might be too weak for the project. I can see his potential but his concentration needs work. Plus I need to see how well he deals with multiple misses. Will he get discouraged and give up? Will he attempt to chug on and do better? The blonde's thoughts ran rampant as the dragon attempted to shoot off another volley of blasts. All missing their intended mark. Come on Helios. I need you to focus and rid your Mob. The longer the battle, the more likely to encounter high leveled monsters...

[20551] MD: 3 Miss

<Elf Dragon> 4/8

(Dice gods hate me ._.)

Once again, Helios didn't land his attack. He tried stabbing the monster but was unlucky, and just barely missed it. He was so close too! He moved away from the dragon and closed his eyes. I need to focus. he thought. He opened his eyes, feeling calm, and grinned as he stared down the monster. "Failing doesn't give you a reason to give up, as long as you believe." he muttered, chuckling. He pointed his sword at the dragon and grinned, with fire in his eyes. "Alright, dragon, show me what you've got!" he shouted. All of the sudden he felt alive again, like he could defeat the mob with ease.

ID: 20560

BD: 5

Dragon: 4/8

(It would be really awkward if I missed this next hit now xD)

Another miss? Tch. Maybe this was a waste of time. Maybe one could say his first hit was luck. Which in that case he needs to develop his skills way more before I can recruit him. Sigh...this one was promising too. Oh well if he doesn't land a hit on his next attack I'm ending this little trial session. Focusing on the actual combat, Oikawa watched as the dragon hovered from side to side before soaring to the skies and attempting a dive bomb. The attack proved effective  as the flying lizard knocked Helios to the ground. Shake my head. This isn't looking good for him.

[20561] MD: 10

Helios: 15/19 (-4)

<Elf Dragon> 4/8

(Welp, i'm killing the dice gods after this.)

Helios slowly stood up and sighed. The fight was not at all going the way he planned. He wondered if Oikawa was going to keep the fight going or if he was going to step in and kill the dragon for him. I would kill him if he did that. he thought. This time, the black haired boy didn't even bother trying to hit him. His stamina was reduced by quite a lot from the previous blow and he was scared to see what would happen if he missed again. His eyes shifted towards the mob, which was hovering above the ground, and he sighed. Maybe my first hit was just really lucky... or maybe i'm just out of it right now. Quickly, the boy came up with a plan that just might help him win the fight, although it would include taking another hit from the reptile.

ID: 20588

BD: 1

Helios: 15/19

Oikawa watched in disbelief as the noirette before him made no attempt to strike the dragon. Well this has certainly gone on long enough. Raising himself from the wall, he walked over to the dragon and drew his crimson blade. Flicking his wrist, and sheathing his blade, he watched as the dragon shattered into useless pixels."Well that was disappointing to say the least. I will be ending this trial. I may pursue your talents at another time. Maybe not." Compensating the player, Oikawa handed him 1000 Col and hoped there would be no hard feelings. "Sorry about this mate. I  will notify you if anything changes."

[20649] BD: 8 (5+3)

LD: 4 (3+1)

Helios: 15/19

Oikawa: 75/75 

<Elf Dragon> 0/8 (-8) DEAD

He watched as the dragon exploded into thousands of particles. He listened to what Oikawa had to say and nodded, sheathing his sword. "Yes, I completely understand." he said to the blonde. He took the col, although he didn't see any reason for doing so. Turning around, he shot him a piece sign before walking back to Delilah Village. "I'll see you around, Oikawa." he managed a smile, although he wasn't particularly happy with his failure. I'm not going to give up. I'll keep fighting until I get stronger.