Battle Ready Slots

â–º Extended weight limit:

5 Ranks

Passive

Effect: Players start out with an inventory with 6 available slots, and gain one extra slot per Skill Level invested in the Extended Weight Limit skill.

Description: Investing in the Extended Weight Limit skill enables a player to carry more gear into the field, be it weapons, armor, or usable items

It's been brought up in chat and we have become curious as to whether or not Equipment is considered "Battle Ready."

Obviously, players have a maximum of 3 equippable pieces of gear. If you subtract this from the 6 "Battle Ready" slots, then that leaves you with 3 "Battle Ready" slots for potions or whatever you might bring into battle. This is what has been assumed for a long, long time.

However, the subjectivity of "Battle Ready" has been brought up. Does "Battle Ready" include Equipped Armor or not?

If is does not, then players have been shafting themselves in terms of "Battle Ready" items. I, as well as others, would like some clarification on this ruling.

All equipped gear (weapon, armour) do count towards the six item limit that any player can carry. This means you can only have up to 6 'different items' with you at any given time unless you invest in that skill.

That said, unless it is a boss raid or duel, players do not have to specify which item they carry. Thus, the other 3 items (excluding the weapon, shield/armour/etc) can become vague at times, since you can own more consumables or weapons that are not active.

^ From what I remember this is correct (at least if I read the rules correctly)

The way I like to visualize it is that all players have access to the entirety of their inventory while they are not in combat. However, including their three equipment pieces, they are only capable of having "physically" on their person is an extra three items normally. So, when they enter combat there is no time to be spent swiping around on your menu to retrieve other items. Hence the Extended Weight Limit Skill, which allows players to have more items on their person for quick retrieval.