[SP-F1] << Blades of Dreams >>

Thorrissia could hear the sound of the forge working echoing through the city streets of the starting city. The rinks and chinks of hammer against metal were unmistakeable, as was the face of the young NPC working there. SAI. The NPC was already working hard on a blade, but looked up curiously from her project upon noticing the brunette standing patiently by the entrance to her shop and wiped a small bead of virtual sweat from her brow. "Oh hey there. I'm SAI. Are you looking for a weapon?" SAI flashed the girl a friendly smile and placed her tools down to talk. Thorry nodded grimly, knowing this was probably going to take quite a lot out of her. With any luck though, the material gathering might help her level up though. "That's right." She stated grimly, folding her arms and leaning casually against the side of the shop entrance. If SAI noticed her emotional state, the NPC gave no sign of it. "Why don't you tell me what kind of weapon you're looking for? I can give it to you for free... but there's a catch." The forger explained to the rather impatient human being. "Yeah I know. I'm going to need to gather the materials myself." Thorry sighed, flicking her hand in a dismissive gesture. "That's right. Why don't you tell me what you're looking for, and I'll tell you what I'll need to make it!" SAI replied courteously, still smiling away. The young gamer had never been all that fond of NPC's or AI's. It wasn't as if she hated them or anything, she just felt a little uncomfortable hanging around creatures that couldn't feel emotions. It just felt a little wrong. 

"You want to know what I'm looking for? Well this is what I want: I want a one handed straight sword for the type. I want the blade to be a nice hard metal that isn't going to bend easily and the blade shape should be jagged and rippled. The colour should be crimson red with lighter red swirls latticing the metal. I want the hilt to be ebony black. I don't want the cross guard on the sword to be too wide either. Think you can handle that?" Thorrissia yawned, hoping this wasn't going to be too taxing a journey. SAI took some time to process the information, taking on the posture of somebody thinking things through. The brunette girl wondered what was actually going on inside the NPC's virtual head, if there was anything at all. "Well," The forger began, returning her gaze back to her customer. "I think I can sort out what you're looking to get. For your metal, you said you wanted something that isn't going to bend? I'm going to need make some steel. Some bronze ore and carbon can be found near the lake region to the northeast of here. Bring me back 3 Carbon and 3 Bronze ore and I start forging your sword. Once you've gotten that, we can talk about what else I'll need." Thorrissia grimaced as SAI explained what she was going to need to do. The lake regions could be dangerous if you ventured too far out. She just hoped that this wasn't going to involved wondering too far into that place. "Deal." The girl told the NPC, heading out of the shops, ready to venture towards the lake district. Well this will be fun

The trek into the lake region was more arduous than expected. Luckily no hostile monsters assaulted her on the journey through the grass lands, but it was just a matter of time until a dire wolf decided to take her on. They were only level two monsters but still, any health lost would be bad. The brunette sighed as she trudged purposefully through the long grass, feeling elated when she finally spotted the glimmering surface of one of the lakes glittering in the distant light. About time. She sighed in relief, hurrying quickly towards the water, ready to harvest her spoils. Unfortunately though, it didn't seem that finding these ores was going to be as easy as she expected because there were none in sight. "Come onnnn, where are you?" Thorry snapped at the ground, hoping to find what she needed and get back as soon as possible. 

ID: 21760

LD: 8

ID: 21761

BD: 1

LD: 14

MD: 3

[Dire Wolf's turn]

[Thorrissia's turn] 

After ambling some more through the bare lake landscape, Thorrissia's search still came to no avail. There was nothing out here! What exactly was SAI expecting her to find? Pondweed? The girl snickered at her own bad sense of humour before frowning suddenly, feeling rather stupid. "Ugh. This is a waste of time." Just as the girl was about to very dissatisfiedly turn back to go and yell at the NPC for sending her on a wild witch hunt, a vicious growl ripped through the silence. Thorry barely had time to dodge out of the way as a Dire Wolf launched through the air, jaws wide open and slavering. She attempted a swing at the beast, but the creature had startled her so much that she was way off in terms of accuracy and instead swung her blade into the dirt. "Damned Wolf!" She cursed at it, flicking a stray strand of hair out of her eyes. The monster growled threateningly at her and Thorry bared her teeth and hissed at it in turn. "You don't scare me." She told it quietly. 

Dire Wolf [HP:: 7/7]

Thorrissia [HP:: 11/11] 

ID: 21763

BD: 4

MD: 5

[Wol'f Turn]

[Thorrissia's turn]

ID: 21766

[Dire Wolf's Turn]

[Thorrissia's turn]

Once again the wolf charged at her, claws out stretched and once again she just managed to dodge it's furious attack. This wolf was faster than she had been expecting and it looked like they were going to have a little trouble matching each other. "That the best you can do you great big ball of mangy fur?" She laughed manically at the beast, swinging viciously at its face another time. This time her hit was closer, but it still did not land as the wolf pounced gracefully out of the way just in time and darted away. This was starting to get ever so slightly frustrating. The Wolf drooled angrily at it's prey before launching another assault. This time it's claws almost raked over her back, but Thorry dodged to the left, just in the nick of time. She attempt to stab it another time but the beast evaded her, ducking out of the way of the sword. "Quit doing that!" Thorrissia growled at it, starting to genuinely get angry now. Don't anger in battle. It impedes your judgement. The girl took a deep breath and attempted to banish her frustration. 

Dire Wolf :: [HP:: 7/7]

Thorrissia :: [HP:: 11/11]

ID: 21767

BD: 9 [critical strike +1 DMG] 

[Dire Wolf's turn]

[Thorrissia's turn]

The beast rounded on her again, but Thorrissia was ready for it. As soon as the beast swiped at her with it's giant forepaw, the young warrior swung her blade underneath the opening the creature had made and sliced viciously across it's leg, causing the creature to yelp as two of its HP was drained away. "You picked the wrong player to mess with buddy!" Thorry panted, feeling a little bit drained from all the dodging she was having to do today. The wolf flashed her a sort of sad look as if to say that hurt. Feeling a little freaked out that the beast was making a show of emotion, she narrowed her eyes at the creature and shrugged. "Don't look at me like that. You attacked me remember?"

Dire Wolf [HP:: 5/7]

Thorrissia [HP:: 11/11]

ID: 21768

BD: 10 [critical strike +2 DMG]

MD: 7

The Dire Wolf yelped angrily at her comment and snapped furiously at the girl's leg. Thorry stumbled back in shock as it's teeth closed around her ankle, leaving large orange teeth marks imprinted upon her skin. The girl glared at the beast, feeling rather annoyed that it had actually managed to sink its smelly teeth into her and mounted her own attack, scoring her blade across the monster's back in retaliation and stealing three more of it's HP. Thorry couldn't help but feel some satisfaction as the creature's health dropped into the red. It looked like she might actually be able to win this fight after all. Perhaps she had overestimated the Dire Wolf's skill.

Dire Wolf [HP:: 2/7]

Thorrissia [HP:: 10/11] 

ID: 21769

MD: 4

ID: 21770

ID: 21771

BD: 2

MD: 5

The now badly low on health monster attempted to surprise her from behind, but Thorry managed to anticipate the attack in time and jump out of the way of the Dire Wolf's jaws. Unfortunately it appeared she'd gotten a little cocky as her own attempted strike against the monster went rather badly wrong and she actually ended up tripping in the mud and face planting the dirt with a great big splat. "Pleh!" She spat out a disgusting mouthful of muck. The Dire Wolf took her stupidity as a sign to attack and the girl just barely managed to roll out of the way and swing a badly aimed strike at the creature's face with her sword. Neither of their actions succeeded and Thorry once again felt a little annoyed that the battle was not moving as swiftly as she had so hoped. The wolf rounded on it's victim once more, clearly feeling as equally frustrated. The young brunette just barely missed being bitten again. "Will you just stand still and let me kill you already?!" She hissed at the beast as another one of her strikes failed to hit the creature. 

Thorrissia [HP:: 10/11]

ID: 21772

MD: 10 [+DMG critical strike] 

ID: 21773 

MD: 2

ID: 21744

BD: 6

MD: 6

The wolf's next attack was unfortunately much more successful. The monster caught her off guard and managed to score a vicious red slash across her stomach, stealing away three points of her own health. Shoot. She was almost down to half now. Unbalanced by the creature's sudden display of strength, Thorry's own hit came nowhere near, although she did manage to leap out of the way of the beast's clawed paw for another time. As she aimed a much better aimed strike at the beast though, she was unfortunate enough to trip and miss the shot. "This isn't good." She admitted slowly, thinking if it would be best to make a dash for it. The wolf swiped at her again, but this time the hit was successful and another orange score slashed across the girl's leg. "That's enough of that!" She snapped ferociously at her attacker, swiping her blade across its nose and taking another of it's HP points. Just one more hit. Just one more.

Dire Wolf [HP:: 1/7]

Thorrissia [HP:: 6/11]

ID: 21775

BD: 8

MD: 8

LD: 16 [+1 material]

Thorrissia screeched in frustration as the Dire Wolf hooked it's claw across her ankle for another time and brought her sword crashing down upon the monster's head. To her great relief the creature burst into a shower of bright blue polygon shards and dissolved into nothingness. The girl sighed happily and collapsed exhausted upon the ground. She was quite excited to have found that the battle had actually resulted in her levelling up. That was positive. Her HP had now increased to 13. "Stupid wolf." The brunette muttered grumpily to herself, heart still racing from the battle. Well at least she'd gained something from this trip after all. Although she still hadn't found any- There! On the ground was a lump of Iron ore! She grinned happily and added the item to her inventory. One down, five more to go! 

ID: 21781

LD: 11 

ID: 21782

LD: 15 [+ 1 mat]

After finally picking up one successful piece of ore, Thorry had half expected it to be super easy to find another. It was not. The lake landscape didn't seem to have much else, and she was a little wary about venturing off into the wild lands by herself without any help. She wasn't really a high enough level to be able to take any of these creatures by herself, and not all of them were not hostile unless provoked. Thorrissia was starting to feel ever so slightly on edge now that she had so much trouble defeating a simple Dire Wolf. After venturing aways into the territory, she finally found some carbon and added it hastily to her inventory. Two more carbon, two more iron ore and then she was good to go. 

ID: 21783

LD: 20

ID: 21874

LD: 10

ID: 21785

LD: 1

After picking up the carbon, Thorrissia seemed to have a little more luck. She managed to find another lump of carbon and add it to her inventory, although after that things seemed to get difficult again. The lakes appeared to be getting more sinister the further she ventured out into them, and she had a nasty feeling there were some pretty vicious sea creatures lurking around in the depths here. After wondering out a little further and still finding nothing, the brunette decided it would be best to turn back and hunt around for stuff in places she'd already looked, just in case she'd missed something earlier that she wouldn't this time. 

ID: 21786

LD: 10

ID: 21787

LD: 7

ID: 21788

LD: 6

After desperately scouring for what seemed like several hours through the lake territory that she'd already travelled through, it looked like Thorry was going to have to actually head back into the more dangerous area. "I should never have signed up for this." The girl muttered regretfully to herself as she began to trek through the murky waters once more. At one point she spotted something that looked like it might be iron ore, but it turned out to just be a useless rock. The lack of luck she was having finding what she needed was starting to get ever so slightly frustrating, and she could have sworn that she saw a shadow move on the horizon. Just my luck and I'll run into another damned monster. 

ID: 21789

LD: 7

ID: 21790

LD: 18 [+1 mat]

ID: 21791 

LD: 6

The lake territory was becoming more and more sparse and empty the further that she travelled through it, and the ridges of what appeared to be mountains were starting to grow upon the horizon. Initially her search through the area maddeningly brought no results, but after scouring through the dirt she managed to find some more iron ore. Feeling a little more triumphant now that she only needed two more items, Thorry resumed her search with a little more gusto. However, it appeared that had been the only iron ore in the immediate area as the only rewards from then onwards were dirt. The shadow on the horizon seemed to be growing and size, and Thorrissia could now make out it was another dire wolf. Great. Fantastic. Just what she needed. Unless she could find what she needed in the next few meters, she was going to have to face off against another beast.  

ID: 217982

LD: 15 [+1 Mat]

ID: 217983

LD: 13

ID: 217984

LD: 13

To the girl's great relief, a shiny piece of iron ore was sticking out of the ground not meter's away, completing her search for the metal. Unfortunately the same could not be said of the carbon that she needed. With an audible groan Thorry re equipped her weapon and began to march purposefully in the direction of the noticeably more aggressive looking dire wolf than the one before it. After a last desperate scan of the area, it appeared that she was going to have to engage with the monster unless she could find something within the next ten meters.  

ID: 21795

LD: 4

ID: 21797 

BD: 10 [+ 2 DMG]

ID: 21798

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Feeling a little uncomfortable going into battle against one of these creatures again, considering the damage the previous wolf had managed to inflict upon her, Thorrissia began to march purposefully towards the beast, sword at the ready. This time the warrior did not give the creature a chance to attack her first. The girl gave a furious war cry and dashed at the wolf, slashing her sword across its body. The monster howled furiously and attempted to leap viciously at her, but she'd had enough of being bitten for one day. Thorry leaped over wolf and landed slightly heavily on the other side of its head, stumbling over the rocks. The girl foolishly made the mistake of trying to stab the monster while she was unbalanced and missed completely, giving the beast a chance to slash her with it's claws.

Thorrissia [HP:: 12/13]

Dire Wolf [HP:: 4/7] 

ID: 21883 

ID: 21884

ID: 21885

"Ok fuzzy. Let's dance." Thorrissia twirled her sword rather impressively before slashing straight across the monster's eyes. The wolf yelped in surprise and attempted to snap feebly at her ankles once more, but Thorry was done with these games now. She kicked the beast full in the face, feeling rather disappointed that the attack did completely no damage to it's HP. Sadly it seemed only sword skills could do damage. The Dire Wolf furiously leaped at her, teeth bared, ready to snap off her face in an instant. The now panting teen did not give the creature the chance. As she dodged artfully out of the way, she swung her weapon aggressively into the side of the wolf, once again damaging it's HP which had now dropped into the red. The wolf barked aggressively and aimed a furious swipe at her face, but once again she was out of reach from it's clutches. 

Thorrissia [HP:: 12/13]

ID: 21886

ID: 21887

BD: 7

LD: 11 [7 x 5 = 35 col] 

MD: 7 [no damage taken due to turn sequence]

ID: 21888

LD: 15 [+1 mat]

Thorrissia darted behind the Dire Wolf and hatefully slashed across it's back, thieving away one of it's HP. She was fed up of playing with this thing now. Time for McMange to go back to the server. After dodging another final badly aimed attack from the creature, the young warrior thrust her sword into the Dire Wolf's throat and the creature exploded into hundreds of polygon shards, just like it's predecessor than earlier. Thorrissia allowed herself a short rest after the fight, still feeling a little tired, but less so than from her earlier. It appeared that with her level increase, her in game stamina had appeared to have gone up a bit as well. A fight like this which would previously have left her completely wrecked at level one, now only made her slightly out of breath. Good. This was progress. To the girl's delight, glinting in the sunlight next to her sitting position was the carbon that she needed. "Thank god I can finally go home." She sighed in relief, clambering back onto her feet once more. Feeling extremely triumphant, she began her journey back to the Starting city to present SAI with her items.

__

"Fantastic! You got just what I needed." SAI exclaimed brightly, quite happily accepting the materials that had taken so much effort to find. "I can start work on your sword straight away. But, in regards to the colouring for the blade, I'm going to need a few more things before I can forge it properly." Thorrissia wasn't exactly surprised by this outcome, but all the same she wasn't too happy to be going back out to get more stuff. Well, it needed to be done so no complaining. The brunette glanced a little more patiently at SAI than she had done earlier and the girl began to list what else she was going to need to pick up. "Well, first off I'm going to need the two different reds. For the darker red, if you travel into the forests north east of here, some of the red cardinals will drop a feather with the colouring I need for the darker red. Bring me one of their feathers. As for the lighter red, I'm going to need a rather rare flower. It grows in the woodlands there and it's named the Red Arrow. It's pretty hard to find, but I'm sure you can get ahold of one for me." SAI smiled sweetly at the other girl, although Thorrissia had an ominous sensation that the girl was making her quest deliberately difficult because she'd been rude to her earlier. Was that even possible? Could NPC's get offended? "Ok, done deal. I'll go get what you need." The brunette sighed, stalking quietly out of the shop with a clear scowl upon her face. 

The trek into the woodland was considerably more pleasant than the one into the lakes. The forest was shadowy and cool and quiet as opposed to rocky and exposed. Sure, she couldn't see monsters as easily in here, but neither could they find her so quickly either. Thorrissia drew in a long deep breath, taking in the scent of fresh leaves and bark. "Ahhhhh. That's lovely." She smiled, equipping her blade. Well, at least you picked a pretty darn good gathering venue this time SAI. Perhaps you don't hate me quite so much after all. The girl strode quite at ease into the thick leafy canopy. To her great surprise, she had not been walking far before a rather angry looking red cardinal shot out of the sky towards her. The bird looked nothing like a real red cardinal. This monster was about ten times the size with large glowing red eyes and a hateful sharp curved beak. It's talons were sharp and hooked, ready for clawing. "Gah!" Thorry cried out in surprise, swinging her sword at the rather angry looking creature as it went for her. She managed to catch it full on in the face with her swing, which did not make the bird happy. The young gamer only just managed to duck out of the way as the cardinal screeched and attempted to charge her down. 

ID: 21890

BD: 10 [+2 DMG]

Thorrissia [HP:: 13/13]

Red Cardinal [HP:: 5/8]

ID: 21892

ID: 21983

ID: 21984

MD: 9 [+1 DMG]

The next few attacks mounted by both parties did not go particularly well. As the bird was flying, and obviously she was not, the creature managed to evade the sword and Thorry was left hacking pointlessly at the air. The red cardinal would squawk furiously and try and rake the top of her head with it's sharp little talons, but she managed to duck in the nick of time. After this occurring twice, Thorry had an idea. Instead of running around like a headless chicken, she changed her tactics. When the bird came charging towards her, the brunette didn't move. Instead, she stood statue still, sword raised above her head. When the cardinal was millimetres away from her, she raked her blade along its red feather chest. Unfortunately, whilst that resulted in a hit for her.... the bird managed to rake it's nasty talons across her face and steal away two of her HP. Great. Maybe not the best idea. 

Thorrissia [HP:: 11/13]

Red Cardinal [HP:: 4/8] 

ID: 21899

BD: 5

ID: 21900

BD: 7

MD: 6

ID: 21901

BD: 9 [+1 DMG]

MD: 7

The Cardinal mounted another assault, rocketing out of the sky like a bullet. The girl tried her best to get a hack at the great lump of feather's before it hit her but missed in the crucial moment and the cardinal slashed a bright orange gash across her neck, infuriating its victim. Thorrissia did not like loosing HP. Not even a little, so the next time the feathery demon decided to take a scrape at her, she was ready. The infuriated warrior swung her weapon into the bird's side and the blade made contact, causing her opponent to screech in fury. The cardinal rounded on her once again, slashing another injury upon her cheek. Thorry growled at it, and in an attempt to destroy it once and for all, threw her sword furiously at the charging bird. To her amazement, the weapon made contact with it's chest, landing her with a critical strike. The girl grinned deviously to herself before realising she no longer had a weapon. "Oh crap." She cursed as the bird squealed at her and dive bombed out of the sky, raking its talons across her back. 

Thorrissia [HP:: 8/13]

Cardinal [HP:: 1/8] 

ID: 21903

BD: 5

ID: 21904

MD: 10 [+2 DMG]

ID: 21905

BD: 9 [+1 DMG]

MD: 9 [no damage taken due to turn sequence] 

LD: 12 - no item drop // 8 x 5 = 40 col 

ID: 21907

LD: 16 [+1 mat]

Things did not go so well from there. The cardinal managed to get two hits upon her, one of them being crucial, and Thorry could only attempt to fend off the creature with her fists, which had completely no effect whatsoever. However, eventually she managed to dash over to the place where her weapon had been dropped and snatched it off the ground, slicing it clean through the red cardinal and sending it into a showery blue oblivion. To her great disappointment, Thorrissia did not get an item drop from the monster she'd killed, which meant another battle with an evil bird would have to ensure. Seeing as she was considerably low on HP at the moment, it was going to be a while before she was able to go into combat again. "May as well look for that ruddy flower now." She sighed disappointedly, and began to scour through the woods. To her great delight, it actually didn't take the girl all that long to find what she'd been looking for. Either SAI had been completely exaggerating the difficulty of finding the Red Arrow, or she was Thorry had just gotten really really lucky. Thorrissia then realised with quite some delight that the cardinal battle had once again allowed her to level up.