[PP-F1] <<Earning a Living>> Alchemist (Goldenarroz/Emblem)

Note: Your posts will not be counted, if you do not make it 2+ lines

Please Remember to make them 2+!

The remake of the first Earning A Living, since it got lost

The world outside of virtual reality brings many choices. However, the world inside of virtual reality brings even more. You can choose a profession, or you can simply be a fighter on the front lines. For Cho, she wants to have a profession, she believes that if she has a profession, then she will be able to fight harder on the front lines. Cho has asked 2 other people to help her on her journey to become an Alchemist... Goldenarroz, the silent. And Emblem, the young. Together, they are friends, and make a tight bond, greater than anything in this world.

Cho looked up from the book she had been in the middle of, and decided on three potions she would make. She was training to be an alchemist after all. She opened her HUD, as the NPC that was training her told her what she needed to gather....

1 boar horn

1 wolf tooth

1 golden ore dropped by a monster in a cave

3 vials of water

Cho was then told that the boars would be found in the fields, and the wolves would be found deeper in the outskirts of this floor. While the cave was in the woods, who knows what monsters could be lurking inside. She waited for Emblem and Goldenarroz, so she could go and look for the items this quest required.

Order:

1. Cho

2. Goldenarroz

3. Emblem

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was PMed by Cho when I was having tea in the cafe next to my inn. Hmm~ She wants to become an alchemist. I see... I thought as I was finishing my meal and tea. I paid the cashier for the delicious meal and found Cho in the center of the forests where he was told that he would find her. Looks like Emblem hasn't arrived yet. I thought seeing that only Cho was waiting for him. He slowly walked over to the location and enjoyed the silence of the forest that would rarely be provided for a player of SAODoing these types of gather quests, it would be more efficient for characters to split up in order to gather the resources. I looked at the list that Cho provided for me to find that the items were extremely challenging and strange for a beginners quest. Nevertheless, I decided to help her out and approach her. "Hey! How's your day been, Cho?" I said "I think we should split up to gather all these items that you were sent off to find, Cho... It would be quicker that way and we could contact each other via PM so there wouldn't be a lack of communication either." After waiting around a bit more for Emblem to arrive, I asked what Cho wants me to do first so I can get started with her new quest. After that, I checked my items and hoped that Emblem would hurry up.

Emblem spawned through the teleport gate and sprinted towards the alchemist shop. he was sure his friends had gotten used to him being late but he could never get used to it. Emblem burst open the door panting with his hands on his knee's. I'm here! I'm.... not late..... Am I. Emblem collapsed in a chair and waited for Cho to discuss what we needed to do. He was glad that she was becoming an Alchemist.

Cho looked at the group as Emblem arrived. Upon checking the item list, she spoke, Golden, I want you to head to that cave, and gather that golden ore. That might be a challenge. Emblem, I want you to gather the boar horn. Remember, you will only get a loot from a boar that has at least 20 hp. So, you can do that. I will get the vials of water, and the wolf tooth. The vials of water are easy, and don't need any sort of stuff. I was given 3 empty vials, so I just have to fill those, and then attack a wolf. Then she nodded her head, and headed off. She was excited to start her journey, first she headed to a river nearby, wondering if the boys would beat her and get the items before her.

OOC: I had to tell Emblem that they had to have 20 hp, because that is at least half the hp of the highest level in this party.

Okay, Good luck guys! Emblem started of towards the plains where he hoped he could get some boar horn for his friend. He pulled his scarf up to cover the bottom half of his face then opened his inventory and materialized his sword and fastened it to his back. He arrived on a hill that over looked the plains then  picked out the boar he hoped would give him the drop he needed. He pulled his sword out and activated a basic sword skill. He had been training his one-handed sword skill and was proud of his achievement and was sure of his next attack. Here we go! Emblem rushed the mob and his blade passed through the mob easily and he turned around to face the boar only for it to blindly charge at him only to miss him dramatically. 

Emblem: (24/24)

Boar: (16/20)

ID:23251

BD:6

MD:2 

[OOC Emblem be like "Screw the posting order" lol]

Golden was notified by Cho that he was supposed to go get a gold ore dropped by a monster in the cave. What kind of monster is the question. Golden thought to himself as he started walking toward the cave. He's always been scared of caves and dungeons ever since that day where he got stuck in one. Golden sighed as he reached the entrance of the cave and before heading into the dark cave, he took a breath and wished himself good luck. On he went deep into the cave, he found a lair... a cyclopes layer with a gold ore. Whoa, that seems eerily convenient for my liking. Golden thought and decided that it was quite strange for a gold ore to be laying in the middle of the lair. He sneaked up to the gold, thinking that there were no monsters near by but boy was he wrong. Just as he touched the gold, he heard a loud grunt and looked to his right. What he sees were two gigantic cyclopes... ready to bring their clubs down on him.

Goldenarroz (35/35)

Cyclopes #1 (20/20)

Cyclopes #2 (20/20)

ID: 23293

BD: 2 (0 DMG)

MD: 9 (2-1=1 DMG)

Golden knew that he needed to make a quick move so he decided to attack quickly. He knew that if he didn't attack, he would be attacked by the cyclopes. With a sigh, Golden hurridly ran up to the cyclopes when he realized that one of the cyclopes have already made a move. Golden attempted to quickly dodge the attack but he was agile and fast enough to escape the hit of the gigantic club. The club skimmed him, causing some damage. Argh... That is one tough thing to beat. Golden thought as he rolled out of the way and hid behind a giant piece of rock in the darkness, thinking of what he will do next.

ID: 23298

MD: 9 (2-1=1)

While behind the rock, Golden thought that the cyclopes wouldn't be able to find him since he knows that big monsters are stupid monsters from experience. He slowly took his time and kept thinking and thinking of maybe finding a weak spot in the cyclopes. However, when he was thinking, he wasn't aware that the second cyclopes had already found him and was about to bring its club down. When Golden did realize it, he quickly rolled out of the way... but not quick enough to avoid any damage. He was hit in the foot and he grunts painfully. This might take a while. Golden decided and pulled out his rapier to attempt some damage again.

Goldenarroz (33/35) -1 [+1 DMG NXT ATT]

Cyclopes #1 (20/20)

Cyclopes #2 (20/20)

Cho walked off, upon seeing the two walk away, she headed to the river. Getting to the river, she took out the three empty vials and started to fill them one by one. Carefully but surely she filled all of them to the brim, and closed them up. Then she set them in her inventory, and turned towards the scarce forests, Golden was in there somewhere, she would need to try to avoid him, if he could get the job done. She set off, and looked around the area, scanning for wolves. Upon noticing a dire wolf, more powerful than a normal wolf, she initiated combat, equipping the hammer Kasai had given her, she smirked, and faced the dire wolf. She let out a burst of speed, and ran at it. She would be the first to attack. She got closer and closer, and she whammed her war hammer down.

The wolf yowled at her, and she just smirked. She slammed it down, hitting the wolf's head, she let out a wide smile, as the wolf attacked her. She didn't mind getting hurt, as pain did not show in this game, she let it bite her, before shaking it off. She crouched down low, and swung her hammer, tossing it up in the air she caught it before going for the next attack.

ID: 23340

BD: 10

MD: 9

Outcome: Cho hits Wolf for 7 damage. Wolf hits Cho for 3 damage.

HP list:

Boars~

Emblem 24/24 [Hate: 1]

Boar 16/20 (1 base damage)

Wolves~

Cho 19/21 [Hate: 2]

Dire wolf 13/20 (2 base damage)

My stats:

Total Damage: +5

Base Damage: +1

Skill: +1

Dawn Of Light: +3

Total Mitigation: +0

Total ACC: +0

Other Special skills: None

Emblem smirked under his scarf and readied his weapon for another attack. Boars are no problem at all. Emblem slowly walked towards the boar with his sword by his side. He studied the mob hoping for a good opening. He felt that this time he would cause an even bigger amount of damage. He activated his strongest sword skill as his sword shined a bright orange as he ran at the mob. He ran in for the combo stabbing the mob the slicing it down the middle. He jumped back after his last hit and watched the boar stumble over in a desperate attempt to attack. He was proud of the significant amount of damage he had dealt. 

Emblem: (24/24)

Boar: (9/20)

ID:23343

BD:10

MD:4

ID: 23347

MD: 6-1=5 (0 DMG)

Golden quickly attacked with his already pulled out sword. He eyed the cyclopes with an intimidating stare. He knew he was stronger than the cyclopes but everything that was happening seems to be going against him. He was out-numbered, almost blind in the dark, and about 10X smaller than the size of the cyclopes. Golden let the light of his blade shine as he charged the cyclopes... maybe he could deal at least one point of damage, but no that was not the case. The cyclopes could see Golden perfectly and with its club, it brought it upon Golden who barely dodged it by rolling out of the way. Well... that is a start... by dodging their attacks. Golden thought sarcastically while turning to the other cyclopes, anticipating its attack.

ID: 23349

MD: 8-1=7 (1 DMG)

The second cyclopes did attack but in a different style. Instead of its favorite weapon, the club, it used its own body to attack. Its stinky feet went heading toward Golden and Golden grinned. This is what I've been waiting for. Golden thought as he brought out his trap to protect himself. That's right... his shield is not only a strong defense item but also a deadly and intelligent attacking weapon. He smiled as the cyclopes kicked his shield and when it roared in pain, Golden knew that it'd fallen for the trap. Golden had thorns on his shield and even the cyclopes itself could not see the spikes in the darkness. Golden took some damage, but it was more worth it because he dealt more damage than he was inflicted by.

Goldenarroz (32/35) -1 [+2 DMG NXT ATT]

Cyclopes #1 (20/20)

Cyclopes #2 (18/20) -2

The wolf let out a growl, as it watched the young girl prepare to smash it's face into the ground. Cho, for someone her size, was not taken as a girl who smashed, more like a girl who would use a dagger. But none the less, that did not matter. She narrowed her eyes, and smashed her war hammer down, onto the wolf's head. She smiled a bit. She had made yet another critical hit! She watched as the dire wolf attempted to bite her arm, but missed the lunge, and so she quickly twisted, and faced the dire wolf yet again, ready to strike.

Cho needed to finish it off quickly, and gain the wolf tooth, then she could PM her friends, and tell them of her success. Hopefully, with the splitting up, none of them will die. She shook off the scary thought, and focused on her life.

ID: 23390

BD: 10

MD: 1

Outcome: Cho hits dire wolf for 7 damage. Dire Wolf misses hit.

HP list:

Boars~

Emblem 24/24 [Hate: 3]

Boar 9/20 (1 base damage)

Cyclopes~

Goldenarroz 32/35 [Hate: 0]

Cyclopes #1 20/20 (1 base damage)

Cyclopes #2 18/20 (1 base damage)

Wolves~

Cho 19/21 [Hate: 4]

Dire wolf 6/20 (2 base damage)

My stats:

Total Damage: +5

Base Damage: +1

Skill: +1

Dawn Of Light: +3

Total Mitigation: +0

Total ACC: +0

Other Special skills: None

Emblem stared down the boar hopeful that his luck had not run out. He ran at the boar with his sword by his side only to miss the boar. He turned around to see the boar charge at him with a fierce look in his eyes. Gaah! Emblem looked down to see the boars horn in his side. Crap! Emblem pushed the boar of of him as he watched red particles burst out of his side this was a moment he was glad there wasn't blood in this game but rather particles like pixels that make up the chracters body he jumped back and prepared for another strike.

Emblem: (23/25)

Boar: (9/20)

ID:23395

BD:4

MD:8

ID: 23400

MD: 5-1=4 (0 DMG)

Golden was frustrated with himself. He couldn't think of a plan to take down these gigantic monsters. He growled as he ran toward the first cyclopes that he had engaged in battle. Once again, the cyclopes was faster than him. Instead of being attacked, the cyclopes launched a counter-attack immediately, holding the club above Golden's head which would come down in a matter of seconds. Golden sighed as he realized that he had to dodge and abandon the attack or he would be inflicted with lots of damage. He did so and retreated back to his area to prepare for the next attack coming from the other cyclopes.

ID: 23401

MD: 7-1=6 (1 DMG)

Golden watched as the cyclopes prepared its foot for an attack. Maybe they are stupid after all... Golden decided as he didn't even bother dodging the attack. He put up his shield as the Cyclopes kicked him. The shield deflected the kick and caused pain to the Cyclopes, resulting in a scream coming from it. Golden smiled as he retreats. I'm doing more damage defending than attacking... Golden thought... Maybe I should stick to that.

Goldenarroz (31/35) -1 [+2 DMG NXT ATT]

Cyclopes #1 (20/20)

Cyclopes #2 (16/20) -2

Cho gripped her war hammer, and ran at the wolf yet again. She whacks her hammer down, and deals some damage to the wolf. She noticed the wolf's health dropped considerably, and she had to hit it about 1 more time, since it looked like it had 1 hp point. She smiled wide, and crouched, hopefully she would get the item she needed from this. She focused on the battle at hand, and blinked slowly, pulling her hammer back, ready to attack.

ID: 23404

BD: 8

MD: 4

Outcome: Cho deals 5 damage to dire wolf. Dire Wolf misses.

HP list:

Boars~

Emblem 23/25 [Hate: 3]

Boar 9/20 (1 base damage)

Cyclopes~

Goldenarroz 32/35 [Hate: 0]

Cyclopes #1 20/20 (1 base damage)

Cyclopes #2 18/20 (1 base damage)

Wolves~

Cho 19/21 [Hate: 4]

Dire wolf 1/20 (2 base damage)

Emblem stared the boar down as it stared right back almost as if they were in an old western movie showing down in the middle of a calm town. The boar kicked up dirt and charged at him at full speed while Emblem ran back at it with his sword at ready. He was prepared to kill it. This is way to much trouble for a horn! Emblem activated a basic sword skill and trust his sword out preparing to stab the boar. The blade turned a bright shade of red hitting the boar head on. The boar was grazed by the blade only for it to jump back and ram it self into his side.

ID:23426

MD:10

Emblem: (20/25)

Boar: (5/20)

ID: 23428

BD: 8 (7 DMG)

MD: 4-1=3 (0 DMG)

Golden realized that these one-eyed monsters were only aggressive but due to their size, they couldn't move very fast. Golden decided to take a risk and sneaked behind one of the cyclopes before starting to climb up. The Cyclopes didn't even realize until Golden was at his head. Golden grinned as he pulled out his rapier and with one smooth movement, cut the beast's head. The cyclopes grunted in pain as it fell down to the ground and Golden jumped off before he could take damage from landing to hard.

ID: 23430

MD: 2-1=1 (0 DMG)

Golden watched as the second Cyclopes realized that his friend was down. It attacked from long away and Golden could see the attack easily. Before the beast noticed, Golden quickly ran away in the darkness and instead of being attacked. The cyclopes attacked air and then scratched its head, noticing that it hadn't hit anything. The whole time, Golden was trying not to laugh or make any noise behind a gigantic rock in which he was hiding in.

Goldenarroz (31/35)

Cyclopes #1 (13/20) -7

Cyclopes #2 (16/20)

Cho narrowed her eyes, as she lunged at the wolf, hoping to deal the last attack. She whammed her hammer down, and smiled as the wolf turned into a million crystals. Then she looked around, she had gotten no loot, which meant she needed to find another wolf or dire wolf... Up ahead she could see a faint outline of a wolf, and she walked closer, hoping to attack it.

ID: 23441

BD: 8

MD: 6

LD: 8

HP list:

Boars~

Emblem 20/25 [Hate: 4]

Boar 5/20 (1 base damage)

Cyclopes~

Goldenarroz 32/35 [Hate: 1]

Cyclopes #1 13/20 (1 base damage)

Cyclopes #2 16/20 (1 base damage)

Wolves~

Cho 19/21 [Hate: 5]

Dire wolf 0/20 Dead

Emblem prepared himself for the last attack on the boar. he was sure of himself he would beat the boar and would get the horn for his friend. Your dead! He knew this was the end of the boars life. He ran at the boar with his blade at his side the raised for a final slash across the mob. the blade went through the mob sending it to the ground. He felt excited when he saw the mob blast into a million particles. He looked up to see a window pop up.

+ 1 Born Horn

ID:23443

LD:16

Emblem added the item to his inventory then got up and thought of what to do next. I could go and help out Gold I guess his mission seemed a bit hard. Well I guess I will. Emblem yawned then got up and headed towards the forest.

Emblem 20/25 [Hate: 4]

Boar: Dead

ID: 23447

BD: 3 (0 DMG)

MD: 7 (1 DMG)

Golden prepares for another attack on the Cyclopes currently on the floor. He's down, I can take advantage of this. Golden thought before he ran up to the boar... hoping to bring more pain upon the Cyclopes. Golden smiled as he was about to make contact with the giant when suddenly it stood up. Golden yelped in surprise at how agile and quick it was to stand up in the blink of an eye. However, it was still stupid enough to attempt a kick upon him. Golden rushed to bring his shield up and protect himself against the giant's wrath. The thorns impaired the foot of the cyclopes, dealing a small amount of damage and pain to it.

ID: 23449

MD: 9 (2-1=1 DMG)

However, as Golden was shielding himself from the first Cyclopes, the second one snuck up on him and swung its club. The club hit Golden right by the side and the force sent him all the way to the upper half the the cave wall where he crashed into it and fell afterwards. Golden sighed and that sigh turned into a small nervous scream as he fell from a long way up. Golden could already fell bruises. After falling, Golden got behind a giant rock where he quickly PMed Cho and Emblem asking if they could help him out against the two giants.

[OOC I'll be controlling the cyclopes so don't use the MD for them kk?]

Goldenarroz (29/35) -2 [+1 DMG]

Cyclopes #1 (11/20) -2 

Cyclopes #2 (16/20)

OOC: I used the MD roll to show I still rolled for the Wolf, just in case Cho had missed. I am in a happy mood XD

Cho lifted her war hammer, and ran at the small wolf, she swung her hammer down, but felt her eyes widen as she missed. She watched as the wolf lunged at her, and she easily dodged his attack. It helped that she was so short. So now, she had dodged the wolf's attack, even if she had missed. That means she had no hate, nor did she have any damage taken by the normal wolf. She felt her eyes narrow in confidence, and she held the hammer down, at a slant, showing she would give no mercy to the wolf in front of her. Her eyes seemed to glow, as her confidence grew.

ID: 23458

BD: 4

MD: 3

Outcome: Cho misses. Wolf misses.

HP list:

Boars~

Emblem 20/25 [Hate: 0]

Boar 0/20 Dead

Cyclopes~

Goldenarroz 29/35 [Hate: 1]

Cyclopes #1 11/20 (1 base damage)

Cyclopes #2 16/20 (1 base damage)

Wolves~

Cho 19/21 [Hate: 0]

Wolf 20/20 (1 base damage)

Emblem stumbled apon his friend battling two cyclops in the woods. He removed his hands from behind his head and pulled out his sword. Hey Gold thought you might need some help? I finished my mission and I still got time so. Emblem charged at the Cyclops only for it to laugh and easily dodge it. Crap. Let's form a strategy I'll get the one on the left you get the one on the right! It had been a while sense he had fought with his friend and was anxious to fight some higher level mobs with his best friend. Okay, lets do this!

Goldenarroz 29/35 [Hate: 1]

Cyclopes #1 11/20 (1 base damage)

Emblem 21/25 [Hate: 1]

Cyclopes #2 16/20 (1 base damage)

[OOC:] Ill control #2 you take #1

ID:23451

BD:3