[PP-F1] A Small Trial (Chieri)

Outside. Lee stood just far enough from the town that he felt as though he had accomplished something, even if it was something as tiny as this. He held his sword in his left hand tightly, just in case he was set upon by monsters, he would be ready. The shield attached to his right forearm was more of a thing than his actual sword at this point. He had a single skill that had appeared on his menu once he invested in it. He would turn his shield over look at it questioningly  "Block huh, maybe I can actually do something once I can actually get someone."

He thought of several people whom he could have called upon but in the end, he didn't really want to burden anyone of them with the trivial task of being his shepherd. But in retrospect, he wasn't really good being a solo-player. He just wanted to get as healthy as possible and let others do the fighting, maybe even save some lives if he was in the right place at the right time.

This was Chieri's first time out of the Safe Zone, and she wasn't sure how to react - nor what to expect. She was on the first floor and wasn't too worried about Player Killers. Every single person she had met had been so wonderfully kind. Mari - the pink woman with an exotic shop, and Ssendom - the kind man whom had offered her a hearty, and sweet feed. Chieri decided she wanted to stand on her own two feet. 

She took a deep breath, steadying herself; Behind her she dragged a large Two Handed Straight Sword, its blade leaving a darkened trail behind her, as it tore through the green, lush grass.. It seemed as though the sword was much too heavy and large for a woman of her stature, still. Chieri had chosen it due to sheer indecisiveness. In the end she just shut her eyes and let fate decide. 

Fate was cruel.

Chieri noticed someone up ahead. It looked to be an older man, with broad shoulders and stubble prickling his chin. "A-ah!" Chieri quickened her pace, the sword almost bouncing behind her. "E-excuse me!?" She called out to him. "C-Can you please help me? " she stopped short a few feet in front of him. "Hey!" She offered him a smile. "My name is Chieri, and uhm - I know this is rather brash but can you please help me fight?"

Lee brought up his shield arm so that his hand was just above his head, shielding his eyes from the sun as he looked out across the landscape. It was in the midst of this gaze that he heard a voice call out. This quickly causing his attention to turn fully to see a most peculiar sight. A aqua haired girl running in his direction with something dragging behind her. She spoke out that she wished for help of some sort and as she came to a stop, he would lower his arm down and finally take note of the object. 

A massive two-handed sword had made a nice path from the town and made a nice little connect-the-dot type line leading up to where they were now. He would raise his shield arm once more in a light wave and a gesture of greeting "Hey to you as well Chieri and to be completely honest, yes, yes I would. I'm kinda in a very, Very similar boat." He would rub the back of his head and laugh just a bit "I'm Lee by the way. Word to the wise, I don't know if I'm good or bad that this whole 'fighting monsters' thing but I think I'm ready to try and give it a proper go."

Lee Sent Chieri a Friend Invite

The man offered her a warm smile and a welcoming wave, still holding a mighty shield in his hand. He shared a brief greeting, and offered her a friend invitation, which Chieri was all too ready to accept. 

Chieri Accepts Friend Invite

Chieri gave a small smile; "Well Lee - I guess you have the honor of being the first person on my friend list." She blinked, noticing another HP bar in the top left of her vision. "Ohh..that's handy...I can see your health bar." She grinned, felling relieved hearing that Lee was in the same boat as her, metaphorically speaking. At least they were both new to the exploration of Aincrad. "This is my first MMORPG actually..." Chieri said, nervously. "This was just meant to be a 'hey look what Japan has to offer' section of our tour...my college friends already left long ago. They must all be on the higher floors by now, and I don't want to stay behind forever."

'Humf!' Chieri lifted the sword - with a great deal of effort so that it now sat in the ground in front of her. "You look more prepared than I do!" She said, "You have a shield and everything!" 

Chieri glanced around, and noticed a boar in the distance, she nodded her head in the direction of it. "There." She gestured. "It's  by itself. So the both of us should easily be able to take it on!"

Lee couldn't help himself from smile just a bit more at the notice that he was the first person to make it onto her friend's list. "Awesome! Soon, it will erupt into too many players to remember but I will still be number one!" He then tightened the grip on his sword and held it up with seemingly pointless vigor. She then looked off to the side and gave the reason why, which Lee too would mimic to see another bar in his view and he would raise a single finger and point at the invisible area in the middle of the air "Well, will you look at that. That Does seem like it would be for the best." 

Chieri then went on to speak about how Sword Art Online was actually her first online game. He cringed a bit as she went on about the entire situation of it being a trip to Japan "D@mn, that really sucks. I've always wanted to go to Japan but you seemed to have gotten the short end of the stick. But hey!" He would nod his head firmly "We can totally be those 'come-from-behind-awesome' type of people. Just need to get that real good foothold!" She would then swing her sword around and then comment about his shield to which he would laugh nervously.

"That's a bit of an understatement. I wasted all my money on this..." He would raise the shield up to acknowledge it but would then point her her two handed weapon "That on the other hand looks like the kind of thing that I can work well with." She would then point their attention toward a single boar, eating away at the grass and unaware and surely enough, it was alone. Lee was actually starting to feel really good about this, reading his sword "Yeah, with the two of us, this could be that stepping stone!" He would then hold his shield up, ready to block if the boar were to come at them. "Let's get this pig."

ID: 21929 Battle Dice: 8  Mob Dice: 2

"You're not in Japan?" Chieri asked Lee, "After this battle maybe we should have some dinner - and you can tell me how you came here?" She offered, she had a lovely talk with Ssendom about personal experiences and she liked that. She loved learning more about people, and who they were. "It's better than not having any Col at all! I don't exactly have a lot to my name." She admitted.

Lee then went on a small, motivational tangent, stating that they could easily come up from behind. Chieri grinned. His words having an effect on her. She was feeling a little more pumped up than earlier. "Yeh! You're right! Let's do this!"

Chieri tried charging toward the Boar. Her sword once again bouncing haphazardly against the ground behind her. With all the strength she had, she swung the large sword around in a semi-arc. It stuck directly into the boar's side with a 'thwick' sound. A Small red line appeared where she hit the boar. 

Chieri looked back toward Lee. "Look! Lee!" She cried out in delighted surprise. "I did it se-aaa!" Chieri took a step back, and miscalculating the weight of the sword fell backward with a small oomph. It was pure luck, that at just that exact moment, the boar tried to swing its tusks into the frial blue haired girl. It missed only because she was clumsy and had fallen backward. Chieri blinked in surprise - too shocked to say anything at that moment in time.

Chieri 11/11
Lee 13/13
Boar: 3/5  HP

ID: 21934 Battle Dice: 6  Mob Dice: 3

Lee shook his head at her speaking of him not being native to Japan and that after they had finished, maybe grabbed something to eat and talk about just how they got into the game in the first place or at least put some details into the gaps. "I am completely up for that." The excitement between them both continued to bounce back and forth, Lee getting even more hyped from the thought of actually fighting and seeing the two-handed sword in action. Chieri was the first to charge in, aiming to take the boar down with a mighty swing and the way she swung, it was actually quite the show to watch.

She got even more excited as she turned back to him to show just what she had done Lee threw an arm up and raising his thumb in approval. "Awesome!" It was then that the boar went on the counter attack and it was luck that it missed as Chieri fell backward. His once happy expression turned sour "Sh*t! Sh*t!" He quickly closed the gap between himself and the boar, his shield raised as he would thrust his sword forward beside it, striking the boar with a simple strike.

Chieri 11/11
Lee 13/13
Boar: 3 - 1 = 2/5  HP

ID:21940  Battle Dice: 8 Mob Dice: 3  
Loot Dice=6 (No Loot 1 Material)

Chieri got back up and dusted herself off. "Its ahah..ok!" She exclaimed. "I tripped and then it missed me."

Chieri watched in amazement as she watched Lee handle his weapon much better than she did hers. Chieri appreciated Lee helping protect her, even if he was using foul language. 

Chieri wanted to show him that she would be a good team member. She tried lifting the sword, and stumbled forward, "Hiyaa!"

Chieri had landed the finishing blow. She blinked, watching as the boar burst in a sea of light crystal blue. "W-we did it!" She said, very shocked. "I can't believe it." She dropped her sword, jumping a few times as she enthusiastically thrust both her fists in the air. "We did it, we did it!" She chanted with each jump. After several jumps she stopped, short of breath. 

"We didn't even loose any Healths!" She said, her eyes brimming with excitement. "Do you think we should take on another?"

Chieri 11/11
Lee 13/13
Boar:  0/5  HP

Chieri total loot: 1 Material

Lee let his eyes glance over toward Chieri as she told him she was fine and that she merely had a minor mishap and the boar had missed her completely. She did not let that impede her as she rose back up and with a large overhanded(assumed?) swing, brought down a mighty death upon the bovine. As the boar glowed and then shattered, they both seemed pretty amazed at the sight. At Chieri's statement of them actually beating the boar, he would nod in a dumbfounded manner.  "We did, didn't we?" It then came over him in waves as he threw both his arms high into the air "Yes! YEs! YES!"

He was ecstatic as she pointed out that they hadn't even lost a single point in either of their health bars. "We are just too awesome for this!" When she brought up if they should try and find another, he let his attention fall onto her "Totally. I mean, I'm not saying they are all going to be walks in the park but I'm too hyped to try and stop now. I think we can do it!"

"OF course not! But we are close to the safe zone, and if we take them on just one at a time we should be ok!"  Chieri grinned, as she pointed toward another nearby Boar. "Look there is another one, how about this time you go for the first hit! I want to watch you fight because you look so much better at it than I do." She exclaimed, breathing still a little heavy, and cheeks flushed. Strands of azure hair clung to her cheeks, and the back of her white skirt had grass stains on them, but Chieri didn't care. She was too excited. With a decent amount of effort she had managed to drag her sword to sit in front of her. The tip pointed toward the ground. 

"C'mon. Let's go." She said smiling, as she took a few backward steps toward the boar - this time she would not trip. This time she would show that she would be able to be strong, and not falter. No more being indecisive! 

ID:21951  Battle Dice: 9 Mob Dice: 5

Chieri only furthered their reason to push forward and she was right. If worse did come to worse, they could just turn and make a break for the town, it wasn't that far. She then brought their attention toward yet another poor unsuspecting target which brought a grin across Lee's face. She then spoke about him going in first this time to which he would look down at his sword. He did hit the last one so it wasn't impossible and the fire he had at the moment, why not go for it? "Yeah! We can definitely do this!" 

With that, he brought up his shield once again and with little other word, he charge forward, drawing his sword back. He was so excited that he felt like he could bench press a house. This might have carried him a little bit too far as he would let out a yell "HAAAYAH!" and thrust his sword around his shield and at the boar, the power of the strike surpassing what he had originally intended as he wanted to make his own first strike a 'not-miss'. "Holy Crap!"

ID:22005  Battle Dice: 2 Mob Dice: 3

Chieri watched as Lee was energetic, and charged toward the Boar, with what looked light a critical hit. Chieri grinned. "Oh wow!" She ran after him, once again dragging her sword behind her. It was a little comical, and she wasn't sure if she'd ever be as adept as others with using her weapon. It's sheer size and weight was almost too much for her but it's what Chieri ended up being stuck with. So she was going to live with it, at least whilst she was in the game.

Chieri charged, and tried to bring the sword high over her head to hit the boar - but the sword slipped, and landed with a useless clunk in front of her. "A-ahh...oops..." She said, as she bent down to pick it up.

Chieri 11/11

Lee 13/13
Boar:  3/5  HP

ID: 22025 Battle Dice: 4 Mob: 9

Lee was actually pretty happy over the strike, as out of the blue as it had been, it was one of the good kinds of random. He glanced back to see Chieri charging in and wanted to make sure she would have a clean shot at the monster when he watched her sword come crashing to the ground in front of her. He simply stared at the massive blade on the ground and blinked several times "...It's all good, we still got this." He would turn around and pull back his sword and thrust it forward once more to strike the boar.

At least, if he had looked prior, he might have. But his sword hit nothing but air as the boar seemed pretty upset at his attack earlier and rammed into him with such force, Lee felt himself airborne for just a bit before sliding on the ground a bit further back, his health bar slowly dropping from the attack. "Note. Being on the receiving end is not fun. Not fun in the slightest."

Chieri 11/11

Lee 2-13= 11/13

ID: 22170 Battle Dice: 2 Mob Dice:10

The boar charged toward Chieri. Chieri was knocked back, and she landed with a thud, her body rolling a metre away. She felt tears sting her eyes. She didn't like the sensation of being hit. The pain was greatly dulled by the system but it still hurt and it still felt like she had the wind knocked out of her. Chieri coughed as she struggled to push herself up off the ground. Her arms shaking as tears dotted her eyes, twinkling as the light caught them. They fell to the ground, and Chieri grit her teeth. "O-www....its not...fair..." She sniffed. She wanted to show she was stronger, and this wasn't the way to do it. 

Chieri crawled back to where her sword lay in the grass - on her hands and knees. She clutched the blade tightly to her form, sniffling. "I'm S-sorry Lee! I'll help! I can help!" 

Chieri 9/11

Lee 11/13

ID: 22172 Battle Dice: 5 Mob Dice:10

Lee could only watch as the enraged boar lunged at Chieri this time and tossing her small frame this time around. He would quickly shake his head from side to side to shake the cobwebs from his mind. He could hear Chieri mutter something but couldn't fully hear as he would stand up and raise his shield in front of himself once more. He would raise it over his head and charge the boar once more and swing only for the boar to dodge to the side and tackle him, this time, seeming far harder and would send him rolling across the ground and to a stop on his side. He would raise his attention over to Chieri as she spoke of helping.

"Of that *gasp* I have no doubt. I just need too..." He would push himself to a knee "...stop losing and we'll have this in the bag." He would take in several much needed breaths.

Chieri 9/11
Lee 11-3= 8/13
Boar: 3/5 HP

ID:22175  Battle Dice:9   Mob Dice:5 Loot Dice: 9 (No Loot + 1 Material)

Her base hit was 2 damage, and with the critical hit she was able to finally wipe out the boar. Her heavy two handed sword made a sickening 'thwick' sound as it landed into the boars skull. "A.ah...Sorry!" She mumbled to the  boar, as it gave a pained cry before shattering into data.

Chieri gave a sigh. The battle was over, and it was harder than their  first one. "Maybe we got too excited..." She said to herself, feeling dejected. She turned to look at Lee, dragging her sword behind her Chieri wandered over to him. Kneeling down next to him. "Are you ok Lee? Should we go back?" She asked, a worried expression on her face, as he looked like he was struggling to breath. 

"Y-you can uhm...lean on my shoulder if that helps?" Chieri offered with flush cheeks. "I got a material from that one too...you can have it if you want... I do not mind sharing."

Chieri 9/11

Lee 11/13
Boar:  0/5  HP

Chieri total loot: 2 Material

Lee was able to watch as the massive sword swung through the air as the sea haired player let it come to rest it in the head of their enemy. She soon made her way over to him as she asked of his well being "Normally, I would think I would feel a bit less prideful but to be honest, we still won so I'm willing to keep looking up." He took another breath and would shake his head "Well, we have two wins under our belts and..." He would glance up to their health bars. "We still have over half health which should be enough to take down another solo monster if we can find one but I'm willing to call it if you are."

He would rest his forearms onto his knee when she offered to let him use her shoulder. He would look to her and nod his head "I'd appreciate it. Just need to get to my feet and I'll be good, I think." He would take a hold of her shoulder and put most of the weight onto his other leg so he didn't push her down too much and once he was too his feet, he took in a deep breath and moved a hand to his head "Whoa, bloodrush." She then spoke about getting the item from the boar to which he would lightly shake his head "Nah, I'm good. I'm more or less just out here to make sure I have fighting down so you can keep what ya get."

(HP heals by 1 for every post out of combat)

Chieri helped Lee up, whilst doing her best not to fall over. Once he was standing on his own two feet Cheiri took a step  back, dusting her hands off as they were dirty from the blades of grass. "W-well if you say so. I'll keep them." Chieri smiled. "I will go for my profession soon hopefully, then I can use them for that!" She said happily. Chieri did not know what profession she was going to take yet, but she would save that for another time. Right now she was enjoying her time here with Lee.

Chieri watched him scratch his stubble on his chin. As he mused that they still had over half their HP left. That they could easily tackle at least one more boar. Chieri bit her lip, rubbing her stomach where the boar hit her before. It was not a nice feeling, but it was something she should get used to. "Ah... well alright. Let's go find another one by itself but ..uhm I would only want to fight one more. That sword is really, really heavy!" 

Chieri 10/11

Lee 12/13

Chieri total loot: 2 Material

Lee glanced around for a bit and then back down to Chieri as he put his sword into its holster "Cool, I'm going to try and get a job but I haven't the faintest clue as to what that will be yet." He was actually pretty happy that she decided to push forward and try and find another monster to fight. He still felt that they could push their luck just a little bit more without asking for too much in return. He chuckled lightly at the comment about her sword and its size being a problem to which he would begin walking in search of their next target whilst talking.

"But hey, your holding your own regardless which is awesome. Becoming a feared boar slayer of ye ol legend!" He would raise his hands out and let his fingers wiggle "No pig, nor boar, nor bovine is safe against her mighty blade!"

((OOC: I actually have 8 health, 9 now from the +1 heal.))

ID: 22176 Battle Dice:8  Mob Dice: 9

"I am glad I am not the only one who doesn't know what they are doing profession wise."

Chieri laughed as she watched Lee energetically pump his fist into the air. "I don't know about that...I'm too clumsy to be a boar slayer, or any kind of slayer really." She turned her attention downhill, toward the boar. "To be honest, I feel a little bad for them but still..." She lifted her sword, readying her attack. "We got to get stronger." She said, before Chieri charged, using her  forward momentum and downhill speed to ram into the Boar. Her sword collided with its  shoulder. Chieri gave a small confident smile, as she turned toward Lee, who was still behind her. Bad idea. The Boar rammed into her, knocking her back down nto the ground. Chieri dropped her sword as her small arms wrapped around her waist "Urghh. That hurrrrt..."

Chieri 8/11

Lee 9/13
Boar: 3/5