[PP-F1] A Small Trial (Chieri)

ID: 22178 Battle Dice: Mob Dice: 7

Lee continued forward with a more positive state of mind, laughing as Chieri spoke of her lack of 'slaying' ability. She came to a stop as they looked down at another lonesome boar near the bottom and she told him how bad she felt for the monsters but overall, her will to grow stronger would prevail. He would draw his sword "That's the spirit." As she rushed down the hillside, he would follow suit but not quickly enough as she would  be struck by the boar and tossed, removing her weapon from her grasp.

His attention on the weapon and Chieri seemed to affect him more so as his thrust at the pig would miss its mark as the pig would attack Lee, hitting the shield but striking Lee anyway. It didn't hurt as much as the last boar and that is what really mattered because that meant that he felt like he could take more. "See, you just have to take all that stuff about not wanting to hurt them and let it go when the pain comes. It makes fighting them a lot easier."

Chieri: 8/11

Lee:     8/13
Boar:   3/5

ID:22226  Battle Dice:2  Mob Dice:8

Chieri sniffled, watching as Lee tried to attack the boar, his attack missed and the boar managed to break through his shield. He took the brunt of the damage, trying to tell Chieri that she had to take the good with the bad. To fight through the pain. Chieri wasn't sure if she would ever be a really good fighter. Maybe she should find someone with a two handed weapon like herself and get them to teach her how to use it better. 

Chieri wiped away a stray tear with the back of her hand and stood, propping herself up with the sword. Alas, as soon as she did the boar charged at her and she was right back on the ground again. "That's not fair!" She called out.

Chieri: 7/11

ID: 22277 Battle: 5 Mob: 4

Lee was able to hold himself upright without being thrown this time around which was a positive in his eyes. While things were not looking as dire as they had when they fought the last one, everything had room for improvement. He watched as she held a new resolve and as she did she did, the boar aimed to knock it right out of her. He would draw his sword back and lunge forward with a thrust only to just miss the boar but this time, he was ready as the boar aimed to attack he used his shield to push away from the boar, letting it miss him entirely. He would stand his ground with his sword poised over his shield.

"It'll be totally fair once we beat it." Lee glanced over to Chieri with a smile.

ID:22280  Battle Dice:9  Mob Dice:4  (2 damage + 1 Critical)  Loot Dice (10 - No loot)

Chieri groaned as she rolled onto her side. She was sick of the boar constantly ramming into her. The first battle was so incredibly easy - these next two battles were becoming a lot harder. Her Cerulean hair was a mess and clung to her face, which was covered in smudge of dirt, much like her once pristine clothes were. "Lee...I don't want to do this any more today..." Chieri murmured. It was her first time out adventuring. 

Her original plan was to attempt to fight one mob, then return to the city. She got swept up in Lee's enthusiasm and the adrenaline of fighting and succeeding. "Once we beat this. Let's go back." Chieri commented. As she stood straight, lifting her sword she swung it - the flat of the blade smacked hard against the boar's cheek. Despite not actually cutting the bovine, she managed to wipe off the last of it's HP. She gave a relieved sigh. "Phew...this is hard work."  She noticed her level go up.

"Oh look! My level has gone up!"

Chieri's Materials: 2

Lee stood at the ready as Chieri spoke to him of his lack of wanting to go on any further after the fight was concluded to which he would nod in agreement. "Last one it is." He turned his attention to the boar as Chieri lunged at the beast and swung her blade with a skullcrushing blow to which the boar would end in the same fate as its predecessors. With that, Lee would lower his guard and swing his sword around and let it fall into its sheath at his side. "That's three for three." He then turned to look at her health bar as she spoke of increasing levels and he took note of his own level.

"Mine did too! Awesome!" He walked over to Chieri and gave her a light pat on the shoulder "Congrats Chieri!"

Chieri grinned as Lee patted her shoulder. "That's good to hear Lee." She watched him sheath his sword - she furrowed her brow. Not entirely sure how to do that herself. She pursed her lips as she opened up her HUD - attempting to sort through it to place the weapon back into her inventory. Success. It disappered in a flash of light. "I need to get used to this..." Chieri murmured, as she closed her HUD. 

Now that it was quiet, and the air of danger had left the two - Chieri felt a little better. She was battered and bruised but she had learnt a few things about fighting, and even managed to collect a few materials. "Hey Lee...." She turned to look at him as she brushed the loose strands of hair out of her face, "I know I get a little whiny, I just wanted to say thank you for being enthusiastic and energetic. I actually had fun."

Lee took in a deep breath and was actually content with himself and how well they had done. Yeah, each fight wasn't a walk in the park but it made it that much more satisfying once they were done. She would speak about having to get used to things to which he would nod "I think the further we get, the more second nature all of this will end up being." He opened his own menu and looked over his stats, he just needed to keep going and get his health even higher. He broke away from his menu as he heard his name being said and she spoke of how she acted and she wished to thank him. 

He would close the menu and place a hand on his hip and the thumb of his other hand to flick the tip of his nose lightly "If you ever feel like whining, I'm not going anywhere so feel free. There is no point in having a friends list if you aren't willing to be friends and besides...." He began to walk in the direction of the town as he would look back with a wide smile "...I had a blast!"

Chieri gave a nod; "Yeh I think you're right. I might slowly get the hang of the sword. I just wish I didn't close my eyes and randomly pick something." She said with a laugh, scratching the back of her head. "I just couldn't decide what to do."

"That's true! I'm glad that you were the first one to grace my friends list." She said with honest appreciation. "I had a blast too." She said as they started walking back to town. Chieri turned on her heel. Linking her arms behind her back as she began to walk backwards. Toward the town. "We should do this again real soon. But..."

She held up a single finger ; and gave him a wink. "First things first, tomorrow - let's get lunch, yes?"

"Hey, random makes things interesting." He said to her random pick of weaponry. He felt a bit of pride when she spoke about him being on her friends list first. He scratched the side of his face lightly at the praise and that she also enjoyed herself just as much as he did. He looked down at Chieri as she started to walk backward and said that they should try this again "I'm game...no pun intended." 

Then she pointed out that them getting lunch to which he would nod his head firmly and gave her a thumbs up in agreement "Totally. We'll talk more tomorrow after we've gotten a nice rest." And with that, they would leave the field quite content with themselves and what they had accomplished for the day.

"They do, but sometimes it gets a little bit frustrating." Chieri admitted. As they entered the safe zone she gave a relieved sigh. "Well...that's that then..." She glanced up at the sky, there was still a little daylight left. Not enough to go out and fight more mobs though. Chieri turned to give Lee one final wave goodbye. "I will send you a message tomorrow! We can get lunch or something, we might even be able to discuss what professions we should have!" Chieri said, before giving one final wave, arm extended high in the air. She turned away - and wish a swish of her cerulean locks, she was walking away. Happily humming to herself. She was battered and  bruised, and she was in dire need of a long, hot shower but she had a good day, and made a new friend.

Complete
Lee: 200 Col + 1 SP
Chieri: 200 Col + 2 Materials + 1 SP