[PP-F7] When roads cross (Macradon,Goldenarroz) COMPLETE

After his harsh battle with the Sand Shark, Macradon decided to go venturing out on the floors unlocked on Aincrad. For the time he was gone, so much had happened. When he first remembered being here on Aincrad, the tallest floor unlocked was the 7th floor, but now already up to 11. Time goes fasts when you're not thinking about this as a death game. He would walk around in his normal starter attire. He hadn't been able to get enough money yet to get some better clothing than this, but it was alright. He found it soothing to still be wearing the cloth armor that was given to all starting players at the time, nothing much had changed.

'Hm ... where to go' he thought, packing his inventory and leaving the items he didn't need back at his shop. 'Now I remember, I've never been to the 7th floor before, maybe I should pay it a visit' he thought and packed the necessary. He would leave his shop and lock it up for his journey. On him he had of course his normal starting gear clothing. On his back a big sword strapped onto a leather scabbard, he wasn't too fond of it being there, the edge would get dull by being packed in there. He would take it out of the scabbard and place it into his inventory, now there wasn't a lot to carry anyways. He would leave the first floor, going up to the second floor and so on. The journey was wonderful, so much to see in this virtual reality. He soon arrived at the 7th floor, a mountain range, a large one. He was located in the central main settlement, Nimbus.

I woke up with an alarm clock set to 11 AM to get ready for a day of adventure. I left my inn room and went out to the cafe that was located to the right side of my inn. Having sat down ordering a cup of tea, I read the newspaper that I grabbed from the stack. 11th floor unlocked! I read. If only I'd been there to experience it. I need to get stronger and by doing that, I need to go to a higher floor and battle mobs there. I decide to look around for anyone that was strong enough to take me there. The highest floor I've been to is floor 5 and I was planning on going to floor 6 or 7 so I could experience what it was like out there. After finishing my tea, I noticed a character that looked very strong who was heading out in a rush. I wonder why he is in such a rush. I thought as I exited the cafe and decide to follow this character having nothing else to do anyway. I hid behind alleys while he paused and kept close eye on him so I don't lose him. Finally, after following him past 2 levels and seeing that he would continue to go, I thought, You'd think that he would use teleportation... I thought and decide to enjoy the scenery for a while. Finally, he stopped at floor 7, and I looked over the land to see mountains. It's a mountain range! I thought and decide to introduce myself to the character that has unknowingly brought me to this floor. I walked up to him while he paused to look at the mountains and spoke gently so that he doesn't get scared. "My name is Goldenarroz... Call me Golden for short. What is your name?" I asked and looked at his armor and equipments to determine how strong he was.

'Ahh, this was fantastic, fresh air and a fantastic scenery, eye candy for everyone!' he thought, taking a deep breath. 'It doesn't seem to be very popula ...' his mind was interrupted. "My name is Goldenarroz... Call me Golden for short. What is your name?". He would turn around to see a person.

''Oh hai, I didn't notice you there. My name is Macradon, but people call me Mac. Nice to meet you" he said, reaching his hand out for a hand shake. While doing so, he kept on talking. "I haven't seen many people on the way here, what made you travel to the 7th floor? Are you here just for the beautiful scenery?'' he asked curiously. He would smile, a big open smile. He was glad to make acquaintances here in this death game, the more the merrier. His eyes made the elevator move on Golden, what was he like. He was apparently wearing a chest plate, finely made, Macradon would know, he was a blacksmith after all. He couldn't get his eyes on any weapon, so maybe he had it in his inventory as Macradon did, that would make sense. Why travel the long road with a sword on your back or in your belt when you can walk around with no weight whatsoever. His white hair flowed with the wind, his clothing flowing as well. It was quite windy up here on the mountains, but nothing irritating at all, it was just like in real life, cold and fresh.

"Enjoying the scenery? Part of it... Mainly to see what it was like up here. Haven't been exploring too much lately, just been doing some low-level grinding to get stronger in this death game." I replied. Upon entering floor 7, one can tell that it has a different atmosphere than the other floors below it. I checked my surroundings. "I'll add you to my friends list since our levels are quite similar... I can feel that your level isn't peculiarly high." I said after a moment of enjoying the mountains. It would be nice to add a new friend to party with since lately, I've been going solo all the time, and the people that I party with are the same 4 people every time. It'd be nice for a change.

Goldenarroz has sent Macradon a friend request.

Golden looked over the landscape to try and find some mobs around to see that there were scorpions and all kinds of different mobs from floor 1 and some other floors above 1. I checked the time and decide that it would be a while before it gets dark so I would hang around with Mac until it was time to leave for my inn and return to sleep. 

"Yeah, it's important to stay strong here if you want to contribute to the clearing of this game" Macradon replied. He wasn't really sure what to do here himself. The only reason he traveled up here was to look at it. But now when he was with someone, maybe it would be nice to scout around and see what kinds of mobs would be out here.

Goldenarroz has sent you a friend request

Accept / Decline

The notification popped up before Macradon, he would press the accept button and add Goldenarroz to his friends list. It was nice having friends on here, someone you can hold the contact with. He hadn't been in many different parties before .. actually only once. He considered himself a solo player, but not because he wanted to, because he hadn't found anyone to party with. He would consider the fact that killing mobs went faster if there were two people, but it wold get bothersome over time, but heck, he hadn't been doing this for a long time so this was a great opportunity. 

"Should we look around and try to find some mobs to get some loot off?" he asked, he really wanted to not only discover more of this beautiful scenery, but also get some exp to gain a level or two. He was also eager to find out what kind of weaponry this fellow used.

Having been offered a chance to gain exp, he could not refuse. "Of course! Lets head out right now!" I said excitedly as I checked my equipment and prepared to head down the mountain for some grinding like he always did except this time with better mobs and worthy opponents that he would face. I have been killing mobs easily down in the lower floor. I checked down the mountain hoping to get a glimpse of more mobs but was unsuccessful. I guess we will see more mobs as we progress down the mountain. I thought as I allowed Mac to lead the way for the grinding mission. I have become a strong fighter in the past days so this should be easy of a task for me.

''Then let's go'' he said as he would show the way down, he hadn't been here before, but he could tell that the mobs would be around here on the mountains somewhere. If they were down at the bottom, they wouldn't be that difficult to spot either, so either way, they were going to slay mobs. He would check his inventory before venturing outside of the town and out into the gigantic mountains. He would keep on walking, trying to find some mobs worthy to be slain, something that would really help him get further. He would walk along the paths made on the mountains, trying to find a god place to begin fighting mobs. 

''You know, most of the mobs here are strong, I hope you're as well'' he said as he spotted a golem, fitting in into the mountain range theme. ''Ready yourself!" he said as he took out his sword from his inventory. He was wielding Crusader, his first Perfect sword he had forged. Crusader has a shining steel blade and a brass-gold like cross guard picturing an aquila. He would get into a guard that would target the golem, he stood only 6 meters from it before he would begin to start using his skills. He would use <Charge> to close the distance between him and the Golem. 

<<Rock Golem>>

HP: 6/14

Attack: 3

''I did more damage that I thought I would'' he said, admiring the damage output he had without really noticing before now. Chunking 8 damage with his charge skill, that was some damage, of course his sword was t good use as well.

[OOC: I won't be posting for about 1-2 hours because I have to go to work now]

Wow! What an excellent skill that was! I thought. I should get myself that skill as well in the future. I looked at the Rock Golem. It seems quite slow and have low reaction time so I took advantage of the stun period that it went through after being charged at by Mac. I took my rapier 'Swift Wind' out of my case and struck the opponent with it. 

ID: 22177

BD: 9 CRITICAL SUCCESS

Like I expected, the Rock Golem who still hasn't overcome the damage that was dealt to it by charge was unable to defend itself against my attack as well. I purged on it and sliced it vertically, leaving it with only 1 more health and also leaving it paralyzed so that it can't attack this turn. Well.. This battle was pretty quick. I thought as I called out "Switch!" and got out of the way for Mac to deal damage to the Golem and finish it off really quick. I turned and watched Mac's attack.

Goldenarroz (27/27)

Macradon (33/33)

Rock Golem (1/14) Paralyzed

"Switch!Golden called out, Macradon would react and go into position to make his sword glow. In a low Neben guard with the sword behind him, he would jump into the air, acquire enough windup to slash downwards with a lot of force from gravity and the downwards motion his arms made. He would cleave all the way from the Golem's left shoulder to around its right hip. It would tear it apart, make it into a bunch of pixels and then vanish. He would grab the loot and put it into his inventory. This wasn't that bad, getting a bit of Col would always help. "Let's get going" he said and continued down the road, trying to find more mobs he could slay.

LD: 22190

ID: 22188

Hit

Goldenarroz (27/27)

Macradon (33/33)

Rock Golem (0/14)

Acquired: mob health*5 Col = 70 Col

I sighed in comfort as the golem was killed easily without taking a single health from either of us. "Well, that was pretty easy." I said as we walked through the sunset to find more mobs that we can kill. Judging from the outcome of the last battle, I think we could beat at least two more mobs before night bestows upon us. Personally, I'm fine with fighting in the dark as long as I can see. I like fighting in the dark because it gives more excitement and chaos... more tactical decisions. I looked around, unable to see any mobs when suddenly as I was following Mac, I heard a rustle somewhere close by and looked toward a direction. "Um... Mac? Turn around... Is that a snake or a dragon?" I said quietly hoping not to attract the attention of the gigantic beast. The snake was gigantic, probably bigger than a human being by 10 times and we might have to fight this thing. "Is this supposed to be on F4?" I asked. The snake appears to have just waken up from a nap, judging from how clumsy it was. Should we run... or fight? I questioned myself as well as Macradon so that he would make the decision and not me.

''Yeah, this was easy ...'' he said and kept on walking. He was looking for any mobs out here, but it didn't seem like anything was here. He wasn't really sure if he was looking at the right place, he had never been on the 7th floor before so this was just as new for him as for Golden. He would turn around his head, only to see Golden looking at a mob a bit further away. "Um... Mac? Turn around... Is that a snake or a dragon?" and he replied "Well it's serpentine, that's for sure" he said jokingly and took a glance at the serpent. "Well we're two people, we should be able to handle something like this, have you fought any field-bosses yet?" he asked and slowly began to pull out his sword, this would become difficult with someone without any boss experience, but luckily Macradon was here, he was capable of handling something like this, just not alone. ''I think we should fight, you never know if it'll drop anything nice'' he said and smiled, trying to focus on the serpent.

This time, I decide to attempt a first attack and lead the battle. I pulled out my rapier and glanced up at the serpent before charging toward it and jumping at the last moment.

ID: 22284

BD: 4 FAILURE

MD: 3 FAILURE

I brought now my sword perfectly in just the right moment when I realized that it doesn't dealt any damage. The Serpent was enclosed in some kind of see through armor! While in mid-air, the serpent brought out its tail to try and bring it down on me but failed to do so when I suddenly grabbed onto it before swinging myself off. I sighed and called out "Switch!" before backing off so I wouldn't distract Mac from having his turn at this gigantic ugly yet protective snake.

Goldenarroz (29/29) [+1 DMG]

Serpent (20/20) [+1 MIT]

Macradon (33/33)

Macradon would sigh quickly and prepare himself in a Pflug guard, with hands at the right hip with the point towards the serpent. Golden charged in, trying to get a hard attack directly at the serpent. He would quickly react to the "Switch!" and went in with the <Charge> skill. With a fierce thrust, he went towards the serpent. He would miss it as i would dodge quickly and then head for a straight attack towards Macradon. It would bite down, grabbing onto Macradon's arm, he would jab it with his free arm and made it let go of it. ''Switch!'' he called, and disengaged.

ID: 22285

BD: Failure

MD: Critical +1

Goldenarroz (29/29) [+1 DMG]

Serpent (20/20) [+1 MIT]

Macradon (32/33) [+4 MIT] [+5 DMG]

ID: 22286

BD: 6 SUCCESS

MD: 8 SUCCESS

Upon seeing Macradon's attempt in dealing damage fail and having to free himself. I sneaked behind the serpent in which it could not see me and leaped up when it was distracted to stab it right in the forehead. The armor was extremely hard to break through but I was able to finally accomplish it. I smiled as the Serpent sissed in pain but suddenly, its tail was up and before I could react, the tail jerked me off of the head and into the ground. I grunted in pain but at least I was able to deal some damage before being knocked off... I looked back at the serpent trying to study its attack rhythm. "Switch!" I shouted and continued to study the serpent while staying on the ground to keep low.

Goldenarroz (28/29)

Serpent (16/20) [+1 MIT]

Macradon (32/33) [+4 MIT] [+5 DMG]

Macradon would leap into the battle again and attracts the serpent with an attack. He would rush in, make a quick roar to get the serpent's attention and jump. As he jumped he would keep his sword close but behind him so he would be able to do an attack when he landed. He wasn't too fond of launching an attack from above, so he had to get to ground again. He would get close enough and dodged an incoming attack by it tail and land properly besides it. His sword would begin to glow and his body would quickly turn around 360 degrees, cleaving the sword around him. The serpent would hiss furiously at the pain and would then itself turn around all the way and whip with its tail, slamming Macradon out of its range. ''Switch!'' he called as he flew through the air.

ID: 22290
BD: 6
MD: 6

Goldenarroz (28/29)

Serpent (10/20) [+1 MIT]

Macradon (31/33) [+4 MIT] [+5 DMG]

ID: 22310

BD: 2 FAILURE
MD: 8 SUCCESS

I jumped up with my hands gripping onto the helm of my blade and landed on the serpent's head. Unlucky to slip a bit, I was able to regain sturdiness before noticing a shadow above me. It was the tail... which was about to come down and crush me. I wasn't able to deal any damage before having to escape a near critical hit, lucky for me, I was able to dodge a bit at the last moment to avoid severe damage. "Switch!" I called out, hoping that Mac could deal some damage and make up for my failure this attack.

Goldenarroz (27/29) [+1 DMG]

Serpent (10/20) [+1 MIT]

Macradon (31/33) [+4 MIT] [+5 DMG]

''Alright!'' he said as Gloden called for a switch. He would rush in and prepare his attack with a low guard. His sword would glow and he would jump up into the air, doing the same sword art he did against the golem. He would try to make a clean cut to make sure he would deal as much damage as possible. He would go down and go straight through the entire serpent's body, cleaving down through all its digital flesh, a high noise came out as he was done with the attack, critical hit! ''Switch!'' he said as he blocked an attack from the serpent's tail that whipped out but still managed to go around the sword block and hit him slightly on the arm.

ID:22312

BD: 10

MD: 6

Serpent (3/20) [+1 MIT]

Macradon (30/33) [+4 MIT] [+5 DMG]

ID: 22313

BD: 6 SUCCESS

MD: 7 SUCCESS

After seeing Mac effectively dealing damage to the Serpent, Golden saw the opportunity to finish the Serpent in one hit. He sneaked up behind the Serpent and jumped up before focusing the energy of his entire body into his 'Swift Wind' Rapier. The blade glowed orange as he lifted the weapon above his head to prepare for his attack. At this time, the Serpent realized that it was in grave danger and prepared to defend itself when it realized that it had to attack in retaliation. It raise its tail to prepare for its attack. But... it was too late. Golden had struck the blade right inside its body vertically, causing the Serpent to burst into millions and millions of pixels.

LD: 3 NO LOOT

After killing the Serpent, Golden checked to see if there were any loot and was disappointed to find none. He checked his inventory to see that a MAT had gotten there. Well, that is better than nothing right? He told himself to make himself feel better. It was getting late, the sun has started to set. Maybe it was time for the two to go home and have a night's sleep before more fighting action.

Serpent (0/20) [+1 MIT]

Macradon (30/33) [+4 MIT] [+5 DMG]

+1 MAT

Inventory:

1X MAT

Macradon would see the action as Golden jumped up and finished the serpent, no loot whatsoever. They would finish off the day as it was getting dark, go to the local inn and get a nights sleep, for tomorrow, glory unfolds. He would look in his inventory, just a bit col from the fight was enough for a night. He would pay and go to sleep in a cheap room. The next day followed and he looked upon the blue sky, waiting for his grinding partner to show up. He would wait outside with his sword on his back, this time he had the chance to really get on going, now that he knew the power of Golden, stuff could get serious.

Having had a great day fighting two mobs, Golden instantly fell asleep in his bed at his inn. However, at the middle of the night, he woke up thinking about what to do tomorrow. The battles today were way too easy. He thought as he got up to fetch himself a cup of water to help him sleep. We should go fighting tougher monsters that would give us more of a challenge. He continued to think while pouring water into my cup. He went back to sit on his bed and took a sip of the water. Drinking water reminds Golden about how different virtual world is compared to real life. In real life, Golden hated water because it was flavorless. However, in SAO, water was refreshing and a source of life, it was all the flavors combined yet none of the flavors were put in. Golden sighed and thought about his life before the SAO accident. Life is so complicated... I'd rather be here and not have to think about my past. He though as he slowly but surely fell to sleep again in his dreamless night.