New Battle System

New Battle System  

14 members have voted

1. 1. New Battle System

• Yes: I like this New System
    • No: I do not like this New System

Battle System:

C = Critical = 1+Level/5 (ex, Level 20 would be a +5 Crit Damage)

Damage = D = Ex Say Attacker rolls 6, And Defender rolls a 3, The attacker does 2 damage If you roll 1-2 higher it is 1 damage, If you rolls 3-6 it is 2 damage, 7-9 higher is 3 damage

Attacker: Battle die is the only that counts, a 10 is automatically C + D Ex, If attacker rolls a 10 and Defend rolls a 9, That is 4 damage.

Defender: If you roll a Higher battle die, You can dodge, If you roll a higher Battle AND loot, You can Counter.

Also, I like the idea of Armor adding Modifiers, however, I'd have to balance it, beings you cannot have heavy armor and run around like you have none so here is what I will do: Cloth Clothing (Robes, General Clothes, etc) Will add Plus 2 to loot (defending) die, Light armor (Default, just overall Light Armor) will add Plus 1 to Loot and negate 1 damage from attack, Normal armor (For those who couldn't care less what armor they have) will affect nothing, Heavy armor will Negate the effect of 3 damage points, but, decreases Loot die by 2. Shields, depending on wieght and size, will have similar effects following the same rubric, though Replacing Cloth with N / A

Levels OVERALL are given extra damage too in order to keep Fights between two High Levels quick, Every 5 Levels is an extra damage (Same as Crit)

Levels:

every 5 levels the Attacker is higher then the Defender is an extra damage

Ex. Zauis is level 20 and Zelrius is 15, Zauis rolls a 9 and Zelrius rolls a 4, Then Zauis would do 7 damage.

Monsters are leveled floor x1.5

Ex Crit: Zauis rolls a 10 and Zelrius rolls a 9, Zauis would do 10 damage.

Rolls of the same strength are both dealt 1 damage as a reprecussion

Ex. Zauis rolls a 10 and Zelrius Rolls a 10, Both are dealth 1 damage

Levels OVERALL are given extra damage too in order to keep Fights between two High Levels quick, Every 5 Levels is an extra damage

How much stress testing has been done on the system? I'm all for standardizing damage and attacks, but I want to know that the system can hold up well.

Otherwise, I think it looks good, and will use it myself when I need to battle. I'll make some noise if I find anything weird in it's use.

How will the system work to add in thongs like shields or other items or skills that grant higher levels of defence? Might I suggest adding modifiers to combat rolls for defenders with increased defence. Ie. Shields grant an automatic plus 2 to defending roll.

I'm in agreement with this. I especially want/need to know how armour will come into play. Being someone who plans on using Heavy Metal armour, I would like to think its actually useful for things.

Also, I like the idea of Armor adding Modifiers, however, I'd have to balance it, beings you cannot have heavy armor and run around like you have none so here is what I will do: Cloth Clothing (Robes, General Clothes, etc) Will add Plus 2 to loot (defending) die, Light armor (Default, just overall Light Armor) will add Plus 1 to Loot and negate 1 damage from attack, Normal armor (For those who couldn't care less what armor they have) will affect nothing, Heavy armor will Negate the effect of 3 damage points, but, decreases Loot die by 2. Shields, depending on wieght and size, will have similar effects following the same rubric, though Replacing Cloth with N / A

That seems workable enough to me. I'll do some testing on the armour system once I have my Heavy Armour, which soon be pretty soon.

Feedback then.

Also, as a note, we should probably figure out how exactly ranged weapons come into play. Perhaps they negate counters, as no one can really "counter" a ranged attack.

I agree that we should have a bit better of a battle system, but we would like one that isn't as complex as the one above. We need something everyone can look at for no more than a minute and be like, "Oh, Ok, I get it now." if it takes longer than that and you're still confused, then maybe it's a bit to difficult. I'll work on refining what you said a bit better and making it less complex and more simplified.

I also agree on decreasing the difficulty of the system, it honestly took e a good few minutes and read through to understand what was being proposed. (However that might even be cleared up with better wording I don't not sure so please don't quote me on that.) Now that I understand it however it seems simple enough.

I do however love the way damage is calculated by level, and adding the hard 10 roll crit modifiers is fantastic. So if we keep nothing else of the new system then by all means lets keep the damage calculation formula as it is truly inspired.