[PP-F11] Another Adventure (Ssendom)

After recently going on tour of floor eleven and its surrounding areas with a partner, the raven-haired girl was ready to go ahead and start fighting again on what was looking to be one of her favorites floor, maybe even more than floor four and its wintery wonderland. The problem was that Kotori had absolutely no idea at all on how she was going to do without another person, nevertheless she would attempt to fight by herself. She had a few potions in case something went south which it might go considering the level and strength of the mobs located on the floor itself. It was something to worry about but she couldn't be bothered since she wanted to become a strong player by herself mostly. Instead of staying around the city a bit before heading out to fight in the forest, Kotori went straight to the forest itself with her dagger in hand. She wanted to level up before the next floor boss, a mob that she was aiming to fight against along with the others in her guild. It was a perfect idea to try herself against tough monsters before going against the big one. She would need to do a lot of damage and even though she did some damage already, it wouldn't be enough once the boss came around and she would need to prove herself. Seven damage wasn't going to do it all and she'd be damned if it would be her downfall. Instead she was going to make it her strength, trying to just be all about damage. There were tanks that could take some of the damage off her so she needed to help them in turn and do something. Now was her chance.

Ssendom strolled back to town a little annoyed that he lost to some pink haired woman who's name he failed to figure out or obtain. After combating swarms of monsters with Oikawa they decided to head their separate ways. Upon walking back to Taft he noticed a very long dark haired girl walking toward the forest where the Ant Men he fought resided. He looked both ways wondering if anyone was accompanying her then shrugged deciding to walk over wondering if she needed help. "Me and Oikawa were able to muster down these monsters pretty quickly as a tandem, I'll offer her the same courtesy so she doesn't have to be alone." He told himself during his walk.

As he got closer and closer to her, he started to get a vague idea that he had seen her somewhere before. He traced his mind back to a time when he ran into Vaan and Oikawa with two strange people walking up to talk to a girl who was crying in a plaza. He remembered some blonde woman and some black haired man who was hitting on the crying girl and immediately thought they felt very cancerous. He distinctly remembered glacing over at a Dark Haired girl that Oikawa stopped to try to talk to before he dragged Ssendom out of the situation for guild purposes, though he wasn't exactly too sure that this was the same girl.

As he got a rather close distance he started waving his hand, "Hey there. You out here by yourself? Would you like some assistance?" He shouted in a friendly gesture sort of way.

"Five damage is fine for regular mobs, but if I'm going to contribute at all... I'm going to have to do a lot more than five measly damage. Even if I'm not the only one fighting... It just won't do.." Kotori started to mumble to herself about how it would be best to get stronger before the eleventh floor boss was going to be fought against. Her eyes weren't watching the road ahead of herself, although she stopped to glance every once in a while. It wasn't until a stranger seemed to pop out of nowhere. The next thing she heard stopped her straight in her tracks as she she heard the next few words that came out of this male player's mouth;

"Hey there. You out here by yourself? Would you like some assistance?"

Immediately the girl jumped up in shock from the words spoken from what seemed to be a person she didn't know very well and had only seen a few times before. Not much she recognized about the odd boy, although she remembered a certain incident where she saw him and Oikawa leave very suddenly, at the time she wouldn't know why but it didn't matter anymore. "Hi.. Sorry I just got a bit startled since I didn't expect anyone else out here.. Mostly everyone is talking about floor eleven being opened up, since not that many people have started to move here.. I d-decided to try to check it out and maybe fight a few mobs like I had been doing earlier... I mean if you want to come along, that's okay with me."

He looked at her health bar and recognized the familiar symbol that he had adorned as his Guild. "Oh yeah, you're Azure Brigade too!" He exclaimed but in a slightly hush tone as to not bring alarm to creature around him. He cleared his voice after a second, "Sorry to startle or scare you. Me and Oikawa were scouting for the boss floor. But we lost to some pink haired lass, so I have had the chance to test the mettle of this troublesome creatures. They're really not all that bad though they like to mess about." He takes a step closer, "You lead where you'd like to go and I'll make sure no creatures ambush you." He reassures her as he drops his menu HUD to invite Kotori to a party. "The name is Ssendom by the way, might I have the pleasure of knowing yours?" He asks with a slight inquisitive nature as he prepares to hunt with someone from his guild.

It was strange not to notice a guild member who happened to pass bye, still she had just recently been invited to what seemed to be an exclusive guild. Nevertheless, it made talking and conversing much less awkward than it would've been, especially since it seemed that the boy in front of Kotori seemed to acquainted with Oikawa, if not friends. It was also surprising to hear that Oikawa had been searching for the boss as soon as he got a chance. She would have been happy to have had joined them, but she wasn't strong enough for that type of frontlining yet and unless she continued to fight, she never would be. The player didn't want to stand idle and not respond at all since the man now known as Ssendom wanted to inquire her name now.

"So that's what Oikawa's been doing.. Anyway, I'm Kotori, Kotori Mutsuki.. the name's the same in real life and in here. I would actually love to have company since I was going to fight some mobs here as well, maybe level up enough for the next boss so that I can participate. Honestly, there is no real place I would like to go since the forest is basically it. I just want to fight basically anywhere." she answered before materializing her dagger in a show that she wanted to start fighting as soon as possible. "Since you've been acquainted with the area, lead the way I guess. Also, do you mean if I just call you Dom since your name is kinda of a tongue twister to say?"

Ssendom blinked and stared at the girl who willingly gave her real name inside the game, he felt as though it was unfair that he know her real life name so he chose to oblige, "Well since you gave me your real name, I find it unfair of me not to reciprocate. Yakuma [Demon], Masurao [Warrior] (Last, First)." He immediately seemed to have a slight change in tone when he realized it was the first time he had every willingly said his true name to anyone. Nevertheless he stood by it valiantly like he had when he fought creatures and bosses alike. He knew what his name actually mean and wasn't entirely proud of his family name due to reasons he had not yet shared to anyone.

He nodded to her changing his visual mood, "Yeah, I've been hogging all of Commandant Oikawa's time for scouting and hunting reasons. Sorry if you've needed him." He scratched the back of his head as he apologized to her, "And I would be more than glad to accompany you and assist you in strengthening yourself to help acclimate you to the frontlines. I feel as though I myself am not strong enough for the frontlines, but I refuse to back down from the challenge personally." He listened to her talk for awhile longer and agreed to let her call him Dom, "Yes call me Dom as you wish. Most people can't say my name due to it being a bit of a hassle to say even with the auto speech assist in this world. Do you mind if I call you Ko just to help speed call outs along?" He asked her to make sure it was alright with her.

Dom, as she had decided on calling him from now on, intended to give his own name as well in what seemed to be a courtesy call. She had only really said because it was her name in-game as well, but he wanted to say it anyway and she couldn't say anything about. His name however was something a bit frightening to hear considering what it meant. She decided to keep quiet about how she felt about the name, Dom probably felt it to since he most likely knew what his name meant. Instead she kept her hands steadily gripping the dagger that would help her succeed in the moments that would follow them setting out to actually fight. Of course it would, why wouldn't it?

"N-no, its not t-that.. Its j-just that u-um.." The girl hesitated to finish her sentence as a light blush filled her face before she continued to speak. "Thanks, not many people would just help me considering I'm seen almost as a weak person which I'm most definitely not! Its not really that anyway, its easier to call people by nicknames.. So yeah I'll call you Dom and you'll call me Ko. So now that we have that out of the way and we are both ready to fight, would you mind leading the way now like I had asked you just before?"

He chuckled slightly embarrassed, "Oh my apologies, yes I'll take the lead from here." He continued his embarrassed chuckle since he forgot she had said that. He walked in front of her and kept his eyes peeled for monsters to spawn. He kept his invisibility parameters in the menu HUD to hide his helmet so he had better vision though technically it was still sitting upon his head. He opened his mouth as he was about to say something then a flash of blue light happened in front of him. As the light dissipated an Ant Man was standing with their giant toothpick like spear in it's hand, "Well I guess lets get right to it. I didn't decide to help you cause you're weak though, I decided to help you because it's always better to be with others than fight alone." He smirked at her then rushed forward.

ID: 22272

BD: 9 + 3 = Crit (8 + 1 + 1 Charge = 10 DMG)

MD: 5 (Miss)

CD: 2 (No Battle Heal)

Upon the start of his rush forward he ripped his massive greatsword from it's scabbard as it glowed an ominous black energy, halfway to the creature he became a black blur as his charge skill activated. His speed too quick to react for the Ant Man surprised that a man of his size and armor class could move so fast. Upon reaching the Ant Man, Ssendom swung his blade in an upward arc making the creature gain air time and released a large amount of red data particles as the slash struck across it's entire body. After a moment of air time it thudded on the ground hard having a hard time trying to stand back up due to the force of the attack.

Ssendom 55/55 Hate: 2

Kotori 31/31

Ant Man 28 -10 = 18/28 

(Deals 5 Damage)

Kotori gave a slight nod with her head as she offered a small "Thanks." that could be somewhat audible to her larger male companion, Dom. Her dagger was ready to slay any monsters that should arise sooner or later as they trekked slowly and slowly through the forest, a place she also growing a liking to. She too was ready to attack as well. Dom decided to input his reasoning behind helping her trek through the forest safely, although it didn't matter that much anymore, especially considering that a creature decided to either spawn or make its presence clear towards the duo when it appeared in a flash of blue light.

It was an Ant Man, the mob that she had heard rumors about and it would seem that they were true. Her companion decide to take the first few moments to get a surprise attack onto the monster as he swung his sword fast and hard enough for it to be thrown into the air upon impact. Now was her chance to get in attack in as well as she dashed in nimbly towards the odd mob. Her dagger was pointed forward with her right arm, the one holding it, outstretched in the direction of the man. Kotori was able to quickly propel herself towards the animal as she pushed her left foot to give her the extra speed needed to stab her target, and did it help. She was able to make a clean cut into the man before stepping backwards towards the boy. "Switch." she said as she found herself assuming a defensive position. It seemed that this mob wouldn't have too long to live looking at its HP bar. That was good. She didn't have to worry at all.

Ssendom 55/55 Hate: 2

Kotori 31/31 Hate: 1

Ant Man 13/28 

[base 5DMG]

ID: 23178

BD: 8 [6+2] [5DMG]

• 2 weeks later...

ID: 24091

BD: 3 + 3 = 6 (8 DMG)

MD: 10 (5 + 2 - 5 = 2 DMG)

CD: 8

The creature thudded into the ground hard but when a quick ukemi was back on it's feet and battle ready with spear in hand. Ssendom noticed the determination in it's eyes, and upon hearing the words 'Switch.' he darted forward instantly before the word was finished. The battles he had done with Oikawa seemed to take effect, he was reacting before he was thinking it was becoming so natural. He slammed his blade into the shoulder of the creature as it jammed it's spear through his right shoulder, or so it thought it would. The spear wedged itself inbetween the armor's slit's and got a strike directly on him, but the spear stopped short due to how strongly forged the armor was. Ssendom grabbed it's attacking arm and grinned, "Switch." He said in an cocky tone for Kotori but aimed at the Ant Man.

Ssendom 53/55 Hate: 3

Kotori 31/31 Hate: 1

Ant Man 5/28 

[base 5DMG]