[SP - F6] Man's Greatest Enemy «The Gemini»

[Combat Sequence]

Takao

Animated Vines

Takao shook his head and reaffirmed his grasp on his consciousness. Being slammed into the ground had a funny way of knocking most people out, but for whatever reason, Takao had managed to stay awake. He looked up – which was in fact down – at the leafy beast that held him above its open mouth and gulped upon seeing the very menacing rows of teeth.

“Sorry pal, but I taste horrible!†Takao flexed his abdominal muscles and pulled his torso up. He snapped his sword forward and cut clean through the vine that held him, thus beginning his descent toward the heart of the vines. His sword began to glow green and he spun his body, the blade slicing straight through the flora's bulbous body. The slice left a large gash in the side, and as its health dropped below zero, it dissipated into a magnificent display of glittery polygons.

A prompt appeared to inform him of his experience and item rewards, per the usual, and he headed off.

»ID: [23455]

»BD: [8]

»MD: [6 - 2 = 4]

«Takao»

» [[HP : 16/21]]

«Animated Vines»

» [[HP : 0/11]]

+1 Material

Another interesting anomaly amidst the dense jungle had caught his eye. He was close enough to the town to have slowed his pace down to a leisurely walk, which presented him with the opportunity to spot the flower. It had broad blue petals with specks of yellow and orange, almost making it look poisonous. He picked the flower regardless and examined its name and purpose – alchemical, no doubt. Upon reading the description he found his assessment to be true, so he tucked it away into his inventory and continued on his way.

»ID: [23453]

»LD: [15]

+1 Material

A long, drawn out yawn followed by a groan of soreness escaped his lips as he entered the town. He scratched his side with his left hand while his right stretched high up toward the canopy that hovered above. A quick check of the time through the use of his menu informed him of how much time he'd spent in the jungle, which brought a slight frown to his face. If it wasn't for the duel putting him off track, and the small power nap he'd taken in the middle of a dangerous, unknown jungle, he would've gotten back sooner. He was planning on checking out a shop he'd found in the town, a player run restaurant of sorts. His stomach wasn't growling and he wasn't in desperate need of a meal, but the idea of eating something other than bread was definitely appealing. Unfortunately, the shop was closed for the day, which filled him with disappointment.

“Aw, man. Guess I was too late.†Takao said, though he didn't seem to dwell on the fact for very long. He turned and proceeded down the steps, heading toward the tavern.

“I wonder if I should maybe take up cooking? Blacksmithing or tailoring would probably be more beneficial to combat... alchemy too, I could make my own healing items. But I already know people who can do those...†The thought would likely fester in his mind for a while. He hadn't been planning on taking up a profession, but this one seemed tempting.