[PP-F5] << Blood in the Sand >>

"Warp Floor 5!" The two players appeared in a sudden bright flash in the middle of the harsh desert town of Armadillo. The air was dry and hazy, not particularly pleasant and the sun was baking down upon the little orange sandstone domes that were clustered around the teleport gate. A stray tumbleweed blustered through the empty little city. Thorrissia turned to Goldenarroz with a devious little grin plastered upon her face. "Hey Goldy, how about you and I, seeing as we're sort of housemates for the time being, go and take on the Sandshark? I think it might be a good way to earn some col. Whattya think?" She suggested with one of those trouble making smirks that sometimes lay upon her lips when the girl was about to do something risky. "Besides, I want to show off my new sword." Thorrissia smiled, equipping the blade of dreams out of her inventory. 

The Sand Shark... Golden has heard about it. Recently, a low leveled party has encountered this creature while grinding out in the desert. Apparently, the monster 'swims' in the sand but the low leveled party was able to deal enough damage to it to kill it only for it to re-spawn again like most bosses. Golden looked at the sand which looked amazingly like gold and how he had to change up his get-up to avoid being burnt to a crisp by the sun. Golden sighed. He didn't particularly like this floor... it was too hot for his liking and he liked to wear a lot of clothes over each other. "Sure! Why not! I'm sure it'll be easy and the SP could really help me improve my skills." Golden responded cheerfully. It wasn't like he had much to do anyways and this quest seemed fairly easy for someone of his medium level. Golden equipped his shield and sword along with his heavy armor which would make it even hotter. He could already feel the heat getting to him. "Alright... Thorry..." Golden responded when he was called Goldy to counter the name change. "Why don't you lead the way to the desert? And that is a pretty sick sword but compared to mine? It's not even close." Golden said as he pulled out his rapier, the "Swift Wind" from his container by his waist. He was ready to go take down this so-called "shark".

"Same with me. I only need two more SP in order to get my athletics ability." Thorrissia shrugged in response when Golden mentioned SP. The boy looked ever so slightly uncomfortable in the furnace like temperatures, but she herself was ok. The pros of not wearing layers meant she wasn't going to bake to death, although the weather was still rather uncomfortable. The girl raised an eyebrow when Golden referred to her by her nickname, a slight smirk appearing on her face again. Had he really just done that? "Well, looks like somebodies feeling all better." She laughed, glad his spirits had lifted a little. "And don't get too confident about your sword being better than mine. Once I get my order finished up, I reckon my combat abilities will probably outdo you." The girl joked light heartedly, heading optimistically out into the vast golden sands. "Well, the floor certainly matches your name, that's for sure." She stated with a low whistle as the town of Armadillo shrunk slowly into the distance behind them. "I would not like to get stuck out here any longer than I have to.

Golden didn't want to wait around any longer... He was burning under the sun. He sighed and said, "Fine, I give up, maybe you are the better player... Maybe we can have a battle after this quest has been completed... But right now, I think you should lead the way so we can complete the quest as quickly as possible." Golden said as he slowly put his rapier into his container. He looked around... All he could see was miles and miles of desert and sand around him. He sighed... How are we going to find this shark in the desert this big... Golden thought as he began walking... Well,  we'd better get started now if we are going to finish this quest any time soon.

"Grouch grouch grouch. I think somebody should have worn their shorts today instead of coming decked out for the winter wonderland hmm?" Thorrissia laughed at Golden's outburst, finding his grumpiness rather endearing. His attire was totally wrong for what they were doing, so his uncomfortableness was entirely his own fault. "Besides," She began, kicking absent mindedly at a pile of sand as they walked. "I have a feeling it's going to find us. We've been walking in the right direction for a while now. It'll probably radiate towards us because we're the only targets walking around out here at the moment." She shrugged, wondering if her companion would throw a strop about the wait. 

After a while of walking and being bored to death, Golden caught a glimpse of blue under the sand. Looks like she's right... Golden saw as an outline of a gigantic shark appeared out of nowhere and stared at them... slowly and silently watching them. Golden froze as he realized that Thorrissia has not yet realized that the shark was right there. Golden silently said Thorrissia's name before pointing at the shark's direction. Golden gave a nod, signaling that he shall have the first attack.

ID: 23374

BD: 10 (7 DMG + Paralysis)

MD: Paralyzed

Goldenarroz struck quick and fast. His blade shine through the sunlight as he ran towards his target. The first hit is crucial. He remembered being taught as he first started the game... and he made it count. His blade went right through the sand shark without any attempt to dodge it. I surprised it. Golden realized as he also found out that he'd managed to paralyze the shark as well. Not bad. He thought as he retreated... allowing Thorrissia her attack on it as well to deal more damage.

[i control Sand Shark]

Goldenarroz (35/35) HATE: 3

Sand Shark (43/50) Paralyzed

Thorrissia (25/25) HATE: 0

ID: 23385

BD: 2

The attack came faster than she'd been expecting. Thorrissia had been thinking that they would have to walk out a little further to draw the monsters attention, but sure enough her theory was put into practice not moments after she'd said it. I really hate being right all the time. She sighed woefully as a large dorsal fin broke through the surface of tiny yellow gains and began to move eagerly towards its prey. Golden wasted no time hanging about and quickly went in to tackle the monster, slashing the beast and dealing a good amount of damage to it. â€‹Can't afford to look stupid here after what I said earlier. 

​Thorrissia moved in for the kill, brandishing her weapon and heading quickly towards the beast while it was stuck. But the young warrior did not estimate the sheer difficulty of running through the sand and tripped, falling to the ground. "Well that was embarrassing. Golden, switch in!" She told her companion, trying desperately to hide the blush that had rushed to her cheeks from her own sheet stupidity. 

Goldenarroz [35/35] 

Sand Shark [43/50] 

Thorrissia [25/25]

The numbers hate me :0000 *cries* 

ID: 23397

BD: 10 (7 DMG+Paralysis)

[OOC The numbers are loving me right now :D]

Goldenarroz saw that Thorrissia had missed her attack... You know what, time to be a show-off... Golden thought as he lifted his light rapier which he will soon engage the shark in battle with. His rapier reflected the light of the sun, unintentionally blinding the Sand Shark for a moment. The Shark had just recovered from paralysis when Golden once again paralyzed it. Golden smiled in delight at how effective his weapon was. His blade sharp, light, with just the right amount of looks. He retreated back to his area... hoping that Thorrissia would strike the target next time. After all... both my attacks hit and they all dealt quite some damage... Butttt.... the shark probably hates me now.

Goldenarroz (35/35) HATE: 6

Sand Shark (36/50) Paralyzed

Thorrissia (25/25) HATE: 0

ID: 23399

BD: 9 [+1 DMG]

Thorrissia glared as Golden felt the need to show off his full battle capabilities. "You're not the only one with a sword dumb ass!" She called out jeeringly as the boy once again paralysed the monster and left it struggling feebly in the sand. Her tone said that she was only joking, but this young women did not like embarrassing herself. No, this time she would not miss. The brunette was determined to take her turn and do some fancy moves of her own. Thorry dashed quickly through the sand towards the sand shark, kicking up a small cloud of sand as she went. This time she was much more sure footed on the softer terrain though, and her attack was considerably more powerful. The young warrior viciously sliced her sword across the top of monster's head before skipping lightly backwards and allowing Golden another shot. 

Goldenarroz [35/35] 

Sand Shark [32/50] 

Thorrissia [25/25]

ID: 23403

BD: 10 (7 DMG+Paralysis)

[OOC HOLY MOLY THANK YOU RNGESUS THREE TENS IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!]

Golden was determined to get another good shot off. He prepares his blade and charged at the Shark. The Shark knew that it was getting ganged upon and it had not much chance so it tried to sink back into the sand. Golden cursed but got there just in the nick of the time... stabbing his rapier into the back of the mob resulted in a bolt of lightning from a powerful paralysis effect. Golden smiled as the Shark was exposed to the surface once again and unable to move due to paralysis. It's hopeless... Golden thought. What a weak creature... We've pretty much won already.

Goldenarroz (35/35) HATE: 9

Sand Shark (29/50) Paralyzed

Thorrissia (25/25) HATE: 2

ID: 23408

BD: 10 [+2 DMG]

The dice gods are on our side. *celebrates* Although... we're probably going to have to wonder around the desert aimlessly for a bit so that the post count warrants us enough SP.

Thorrissia was surprised how quickly they were making such short work of this thing. Golden's paralysis was clearly effecting the beast pretty badly because once again he managed to get a crucial hit right in the sand sharks back. There was no way she was going to watch him have all the fun, so with another devious grin, the young warrior took her turn to switch in and began to dart speedily to the rather confused looking sand shark. Thorry swung her blade straight into it's back once again, right in the point that Golden had earlier. "Wow! This thing is about a thousand times weaker than I was expecting!" The brunette exclaimed in surprise, taking a few steps backwards for Golden to take his shot. "Switch!"

Goldenarroz [35/35] 

Sand Shark [24/50] 

Thorrissia [25/25]

ID: 23436

BD: 1 (0 DMG)

MD: 2 (0 DMG)

[Don't worry. Here, the Sand Shark retreats and we're going to have to find him again perhaps with our loot die? *hint hint* lol]

Golden saw Thorrissia make contact with her attack but before Golden could make his move, the Shark retreated back into the sand. Golden cursed as he ran towards the Shark but it was too late. We would probably still be able to defeat it despite this escape. Golden thought as he stopped, knowing it was too late. He turned to Thorrissia and scratched his hair, "Hehe... I guess it was too fast and we're probably going to have to find it this time..." Golden said after a sigh and walked back to Thorrissia.

Sand Shark (24/50)

Thorrissia (25/25) HATE: 5

ID: 23439

LD: 18

Thorrissia groaned irritably as the large silvery dorsal fin of the sand shark sunk back into the desert and completely vanished underneath the sand. The stupid great lump had done a runner as soon as it daw Golden coming to slice it again. "Well that's just great. I guess flippers didn't like getting his ass kicked." She sighed, absent mindedly twirling her weapon around as the two of them stood rather bemused around the spot the monster had just vanished into. Thorry looked over at Golden with a small scowl on her face. "It better not be regenerating HP or I swear I'll do that thing some serious damage." Well, no point standing around aimlessly over here anymore. The young warrior began to trudge through the sand in a random direction, looking out for the sign of a fin appearing through the grainy ocean. "There!" She cried suddenly, grabbing a tight hold of Golden's sleeve and pulling him roughly towards the spot where she'd seen the silvery flash. She had not been mistaken. There was the shark. "Don't let him get away!

Goldenarroz [35/35] 

Sand Shark [24/50] 

Thorrissia [25/25]

I just went wight he regular non combat material gathering dice with the 15+ to find, but uh, it looks like fortune is favouring the searchers today.

Golden saw the shark at about the same time that Thorrissia managed to see it. He quickly charged without hesitation to deal the runner some damage before it can get away too quick. Golden smiled a confident smile as he sees that the shark didn't notice him until he was upon it. Golden's blade came out his container from the force of his grip. Golden grinned as he was about to bring the blade down upon this shark.

ID: 23451

BD: 4

MD: 1

Golden was about to bring his sword down when there was a sudden gust of strong wind which brought sand into Golden's eyes, resulting in him being blind as he tried to clear out his eyes. By this time, the shark already noticed Golden and Thorrissia's presence and wasn't about to run this time. The shark, wanting to take advantage of a blind Golden, attacked instantly only to barely miss when Golden quickly jumped and sprinted randomly, hoping to get lucky and not take a hit... Well... It worked.

Sand Shark (24/50)

ID: 23526

BD: 3

It seemed luck had finally decided to desert them. A huge gust of wind practically blinded Golden by whipping a spray of sand into his face. Thorrissia's stomach lurched as she saw him stumble and the girl dashed towards him with concern. "Hang on! I'll be right there!" The brunette called reassuringly, but it was difficult to run through the sand very quickly because of the way it shifted under her feet. Thorry attempted to draw the sand shark's attention by trying to stab it while it was focussed upon her battle partner, but the creature moved before she could injure it. "Golden it's going towards you again. Just stand still, it's coming straight at you! You'll have a direct hit!" She yelled over the sound of the wind, hoping her friend would hear her.

Goldenarroz [35/35] 

Sand Shark [24/50] 

Thorrissia [25/25]

*cries* The dice gods have forsaken us. 

ID: 23571

BD: 6 (6 DMG)

MD: 1 (0 DMG)

Golden, still blinded by the sand, listed as Thorrissia told him that the shark was going his way. Golden stopped trying to get the sand out of his eyes, knowing that by the time he'd done that, the shark would've attacked him, dealing a critical hit probably. He stayed still, listening to the silence of the desert and the wind's breeze. Finally, he heard the shark's movement, a quiet movement through sand, and Golden knew where his target was. His rapier went into the air as Golden prepared to strike the shark with his closed eyes. At the last moment, Golden striked and hit his target through his hearing sense... and he grinned. "Thorrissia! Your turn!" Golden said as he retreated backwards as fast as possible so he could attempt to get the sand out of his eyes.

Goldenarroz (35/35) HATE: 10

Sand Shark (18/50)

ID: 23527

BD: 2

The girl grinned triumphantly as she watched one of her more successful plans unfold. "What did I tell yah?" She whooped fantastically, punching the air with her sword arm, giving the appearance of an overexcited statue of liberty. "Right, let's do this!" Thorry ran over to where Golden was trying to rub sand out of his eyes and tried to shove her sword straight into the big fish's back. Unfortunately it seemed the monster had preempted the attack as a giant flipper shot out of the sand and sent her sprawling backwards. "Umph!" She called out, feeling a little winded. Luckily the shark had only flipped her and hadn't actually done any damage, but still. That had been a little surprising. "Switch!" She coughed feebly, wiping the sand off of her face. 

Goldenarroz [35/35] 

Sand Shark [18/50] 

Thorrissia [25/25]

ID: 23583

BD: 9 (6 DMG+Paralysis)

Golden finally managed to rub the sand out of his eyes to see that Thorrissia had been flipped by the shark. He cursed and charged the shark to try and deal some damage again. This time, he was successful once again. He glared at the shark, preparing to charge at the right moment. His rapier glowed under the sun of the desert and he smiled as he hit his target. The shark's body shook as it was shocked by lightning from his attack. Golden retreated with a smile, allowing Thorrissia to take over again.

Goldenarroz [35/35] 

Sand Shark [12/50] 

Thorrissia [25/25]

URRRRGGHHHH, thought this was my SP thread. *punches head against wall. 

ID: 23594

BD: 1  [Are you serious]

Thorrissia was pretty impressed with Golden's weapon. It did some pretty major damage. Once she had enough SP, maybe she would be that powerful one day. Lightning exploded with intense electricity through the atmosphere as the boy's rapier hit home on the shark. Now was her chance. The brunette dashed furiously towards the shark, now feeling a lot more angry that it had humiliated her like that. "Take this you overgrown goldfish!" Thorry hissed, trying to slash at the monster. But, once again, the shark rolled in the sand and sent her sprawling into the orange sand. 

Goldenarroz [35/35] 

Sand Shark [12/50] 

Thorrissia [25/25]