[OP F1] First steps (RP and combat) [Complete]

Xion had been walking around the town of beginnings for a little while, he had no idea what he was doing, gaming magazines could only tell you so much about a game like SAO. He decided to walk towards a fountain, admiring the water as it fell from the top of the tower-like structure, into dishes and then down into the pool, their was a certain beauty, about the cycle of water flowing up and then down the fountain. 

After a few minutes of watching the fountain, he decided to try out his sword, drawing it from the scabbard on his back, he swung it a few time "Hmmm" he mumbled to himself "It's far too light...it feels like there's no power behind the swings" but it was a starting sword, what was he expecting. Sighing, Xion sat down, thinking that someone has to pass by here soon, and hopefully that person could help Xion, and if not, he decided, he would have to face the world outside the town of beginnings on his own. 

"Ah~ What a great day!" Golden said as he looked up at the sky. "The sun is blaring and I've already found lots of apples for my shop!" Golden said excitedly as he walked through the Sword Art Online landscape. Golden sighed and decided to call it a day as he started walking back to his cafe which was where he lived and worked. His cafe located in the Town of Beginnings had been closed for quite a long period of time now... mainly because he didn't have much time on his hands to manage the cafe. He sighed, enjoying the great sunshine which shone onto his face, as he walked through the town of beginnings. The town of full of people, NPCs or players, and it was great to see such a happy place in such a terrible condition. Golden walked around the center of the town and looked around, enjoying the scene and the mass population. However, as he reached the fountain, he saw a person, no a player who had a starter sword on him. Looks like he didn't exactly make progress in this game... Golden thought and decided that he would go introduce himself. Upon approaching the player, Golden gave a wave, "Wassup! My name is Golden. I haven't seen you around... What is your name?"

Xion  looked up and replied "My name is Xion" he then stood up, brushing his trousers off. "Is there any chance that you could help me Golden? I know we've just met but I don't really know what I'm doing... I mean I know the basics but I can't swing a sword for the life of me" Xion sighed again, causing a lock of his hair to blow up slightly and away from his face, embarrassed by his own ineptitude. 

The day seemed rather normal and for that, it wasn't anything to complain about for the man walking through the town. He raised a hand in front of himself and before him appeared a menu. He slowly flicked it so as to scroll through the given options until he came to his equipment. While he wasn't bad for his given level, it could also be better. The main thing would be his current attire and he would have to find some way of changing that, either by buying something new or getting it from a monster drop. It was at this time in particular that Lee took note of a player he had met before and with a raised hand, would wave. "Yo, Gold." And would then taken note of another player to which he would also acknowledge.

"and other guy I've never met before."

Golden looked at the new player. He doesn't see why not... There's been quite a lot of players that he hasn't seen before pop-up like never before. Golden smiled as the new player sighed. "Sure, I don't see why not." Golden said. "Reading the text book about swinging a sword doesn't exactly work... You need to get out there and fight some mobs." Golden replied. "Why don't you follow me? I think I can get you some experience with fighting mobs." Golden remembered when he first started fighting mobs. Suddenly, Golden saw Lee walking in the distance and Golden saw a perfect opportunity for all three to go hunt some mobs. "Yo Lee!" Golden replied in greetings. "Lee let me introduce you to this new player I just met... Wanna go grinding?"

Xion  turned to greet Lee,  "Hi... my name is Xion" he said, keeping things brief through fear of making things awkward. He then turned to gold again "Do you mean boars? I only have-" Xion checked his character stats "5 health.. I'm not liking that...". Though, Xion thought to himself, with three people he wouldn't be at that much of a risk of taking too much damage, that an Gold seemed to be a higher level than both Xion and Lee combined, so if the entire thing wen pear-shaped Gold could probably take out the boars in one hit...probably. 

Lee made his way closer to the pair as he moved his arms down to sides as Golden greeted him as well as the other player that called himself Xion. The greeting was fairly short but to each their own. Lee would come to a stop before the two as Golden spoke about going out to fight against some mobs. Lee would actually enjoy the idea of entertaining the idea but then his attention came back to Xion as he seemed fairly against the idea given his current level. Lee raised a hand and waved it nonchalantly "Oh pish posh. Don't you fret, so long as there are other people to draw the fire, you're health should be nothing to worry about but I can see your skepticism with the whole..." He would raise his hands up in the air somewhat to form air quotes "death game but...."

He would point toward Golden "this guys name is Golden. I mean, that in and out of itself should show that this can only be a great idea."

Golden didn't know how to react to Lee's reference of his name. Golden only scratched his head and laughed in response. "Well, we don't have all day." Said Golden. "Why don't we find a weak boar to find quick." Instead of waiting for the others to answer, Golden decides to just hop on and lead the way so that they wouldn't waste anymore time before night falls. 

Upon reaching the plains, Golden looked for a few boars. He saw one boar that seemed kind of stronger. He was torn between choosing to fight it or picking a weaker boar. Ah... Screw it. Golden thought. You only live once, the dude should be fine with Lee and I around. Golden engaged the boar in battle.

ID: 23692

BD: 8 (5 DMG)

MD: 8-1=7 (1 DMG)

Golden charged at the lone boar, thinking that he would easily inflict the first damage. Golden decided to go easy on this battle, allowing the new player some experience. He didn't swing as hard as he would normally do, inflicting only little damage on the boar. However, the boar attacked immediately as well, only to be blocked off by Golden's shield which had plenty of spikes on it to give mobs that touch it plenty of pain. Golden smirked as he retreated, allowing the next player to have his turn.

[i'll be controlling the mob using the hate system so you guys don't roll the MD]

Goldenarroz (36/37) [HATE:1]

Boar (12/19)

Lee (17/17)

Xion (7/7)

ID: 23693

B: 3 (fail) 

Xion drew his sword, readying himself and charged at the boar, but he mistimed the attack, and missed the boar completely. He managed to regain his balance afterwards,  stepping back so that the boar didn't attack him. "Crap..." he said. He then turned to Golden and Lee "Sorry guys..." he then sighed again, his absolute lack of combat skills had once again won over the little skill that he had. 

ID: 23748 BD: 2

Lee nodded to Golden's response to the lack of daylight and with that, they were on there way. The made it out to the plains with little to no actual problem and the boars were seemingly just waiting to get slaughtered. Lee placed his hand on his sword as he heard Golden say 'screw it' and the all famed 'only live once' to which he would nod in agreement to himself as Golden charged in and took the first attack on the boar. Lee draw his weapon as Xion attacked next but just missed the mark by an inch and apologized. "S'all good man..." Lee would then lunge forward at the boar only to miss it himself to which he would laugh lightly and respond.

"Happens to the best of us..."

ID: 23753

BD: 7 (5 DMG)

MD: 3-1=2 (0 DMG)

Golden watched as both the other players in his party missed the target. He sighed as he pulled out his rapier from his container once again and with extremely speed and acrobatic skills, he was by the boar in no time. Golden watched the boar as he inserted his blade right into the back of it. The boar yelped in extreme pain. Argh... I single-handedly took its health to the yellow zone. Golden thought as he pulled the blade back out before placing it in the container and retreating so the other two could have another go at the beast. He noticed that he's been the only one that has made a hit so far and smiled a cocky but confident smile.

Goldenarroz (36/37) [HATE:2]

Boar (7/19)

Lee (17/17)

Xion (7/7)

ID: 23846

BD: 9 (critical success 3 dmg) 

Xion watched as Golden reduced the health of the boar to the yellow zone with one blow. "Impressive" he said with a grin  "Looks like you weren't even trying". Xion then noticed that the boar was injured, and still recovering from Golden's attack: So he decided to attack while it was still weak. 

Gripping his sword, Xion lunged forward, slicing through the boar diagonally. He grinned, and watched as the boar's HP bar dropped another half and the beast squealed. Jumping back, Xion chuckled "I hit it... I actually hit it..." he said, somewhat surprised that he had managed to deal such a blow after both he and Lee, who was a higher level than Xion missed.  Maybe, he thought, just maybe he was starting to get the hang of combat, either that or the blow that he had managed to muster was simply a fluke. 

Goldenarroz (36/37) [HATE:2]

Boar (4/19)

Lee (17/17)

Xion (7/7) [HATE:1) 

ID: 23856 BD: 7 DMG: 2

Lee watched as Golden unsheathed his weapon and lunged at the boar and with a single swift strike, damaged the boar severely and just as quickly, withdraw backward. Lee nodded his head and raised his eyebrows and would clap the flat side of his sword against the side of his shield in an applause "Maximum kudos Gold." Lee would then look to Xion as he now aimed to strike at the boar and he did with great effect as the massive blow knocked the pig further down. 

Xion would then remark on his ability to strike the bovine and Lee would nod. "I know right, feels invigorating doesn't it?" He would then turn his attention to the boar and draw his sword back and thrust it at the boar for a simple strike. "Woo Woot!"

ID: 23861

BD: 6 (5 DMG)

MD: 5-1=4 (0 DMG)

Golden smiled as the two players brought the health of the boar to two. He knew that if he hit the boar, it would be finished. He raise his rapier and put it by his side before charging the boar to get the last hit off for the loot. That smile turned into a grin as the boar dodged too late and the sword had been inserted into its back. Golden pulled out the sword when the boar bursted into millions of millions of pieces. Golden smiled as he received his loot.

ID: 13+1=14

+1 MAT
+95 Col

Not a lot of col... Golden thought as he looked at the loot. But it's all good... I'll keep the MAT and give the col to the newbie. Golden opened up the trade menu and accepted the trade. He gave the Col to Xion. Golden smiled and looked around for more mobs to fight.

-95 Col

Xion's face lit up as Golden gave him the col "Thanks... you really don't need to you know" he said, not that we wasn't grateful, he just felt slightly bad for taking the col that Golden had earned, almost as if he was stealing. Nevertheless he was happy that they had managed to take down the boar, and even happier that not all of his attacks had missed. 

Now onto the next MOB Xion thought, he looked around, spotting another lone boar sitting next to a rock. Nudging the two other players he gestured towards it. "How about that one? It's back is against the rock so we can't surprise attack it, but it doesn't look too strong" he said, feeling a little more confident about the lone boar than he had been when fighting the previous one.

+95 col   

Lee was actually feeling pretty good with how things were going. He figured that the boar had one more hit left before being taken down and Lee would simply draw his shield up and aim to let Xion take the final strike for a moral boost of his own. At least, that was seemingly his own idea as Golden took the initiative and took the kill which put a questionable look onto his face. He quickly brushed it off and kept to himself as to keep the overall mood going in a positive direction. 

When Xion pointed out another boar off to the side, Lee would look it up and down "I think we can take it, no virtual sweat."

Golden looked at the boar... It was fairly weak... Shouldn't deal too much damage. "Here, I'll start it this again." Golden said as he slowly pulled out his rapier in a cocky fashion. "Don't worry, I'll leave some of it to you guys." Golden said without making eye contact with the other two. "The only thing I'm worried about is its speed. Let me test it out." Golden said before sprinting toward the boar. He had been a lot faster since he'd unlocked Sprinting and Acrobatics Skill.

ID: 23961

BD: 6 (6 DMG)

MD: 3

Golden looked at the boar and noticed that it had already noticed. Golden committed a fake move before lunging in to make the hit. He grinned when the contact was made and the boar yelped in pain. Golden retreated, allowing Xion to go ahead with the attack. Golden looked around... He found it awfully strange for a boar to be alone during the day like this.

Goldenarroz (36/37) [HATE: 1]

Boar (13/19)

Lee (17/17)

Xion (7/7)

ID:24031 

BD: 1 (critical fail) 

(I am so good at this... -_-) 

Xion watched as Golden tricked the boar by faking in one direction, but then hitting it from the other side. "Nice..." he said, before lunging at the boar himself, this time with more confidence than before. But that confidence soon vanished when the once again missed his target, and this time and ran into the rock that it had been resting beside. 

There was a metallic ting as the tip of his sword impacted with the rock, bouncing off "Bloody hell" he yelled, panicking slightly. Luckily Xion was able to jump back before he too hit the rock. Embarrassed, he backed away from the boar until he was standing next to Golden and Lee. "Sorry again... are new people usually this bad, or am I just so inept that even a boar can best me?" Xion asked, his confidence and self esteem practically melting. Nevertheless, he smiled, and promised himself that the next attack will hit.   

ID: 24235  BD: 10

Lee turned his attention to Golden as he spoke of starting the battle once more and took to the boar. Lee would tighten his grip on his sword as he would raise his buckler as it began to burn. He would nod in approval as Golden was able to land a successful strike upon the boar "Kudos, kudos." He would then turn his attention over toward Xion as it was his turn to go after the creature. He would take off after it and would dig his sword straight into...a rock. Lee raised his shield arm up to cover his mouth as he shook his head to Xion's comment of his current lack of aim and boars. 

Lee would shake his head "No, no. We all have those moments from time to time and we are all better for it, it lightens the mood." Lee would then raise his sword and place it on top of his buckler and than then rush forward at the boar, pulling the sword back and then jousting it forward. The flames from the shield seemed to make the scene more than it was but the strike itself was still strong for the usually defensive man. After striking the boar, Lee would take a few steps back with his shield still raised in a defensive posture.

ID: 24264

BD: 5 (0 DMG)

MD: 7-1=6 (1 DMG)

Golden watched as Lee successfully landed a powerful hit upon the boar. Not good. Golden thought as the land hit. The hate would be mostly on Lee now since he's just inflicted a critical and now the boar will focus on Lee for attack. Golden decided that he needs to win the hate back so he would be the one taking damage... Instead, the boar dodged the attack in determination to injure Lee and Golden couldn't do anything about it as the boar leaped past him, charging toward its target. Too late. Golden thought as the boar successfully attacked Lee, dealing a bit of damage.

Goldenarroz (36/37) [HATE: 1]

Boar (8/19)

Lee (16/17) [HATE: 3]

Xion (7/7) [HATE: 0]