[OP-F1] No Respawns?! (COMPLETED)

Golden could realize that there was familiarity between Takao, Emblem, and himself. He felt that the new player was quite left out. "Guys, maybe we should formally introduce ourselves in a tavern somewhere... that is if you don't mind. I think we all have quite a lot in common." Golden said gently, wanting to know more about these players. Golden looked around and saw that it was quite early in the morning still. Golden didn't like not being active during the day... but this could be a special occasion. "After going to the tavern maybe we could go battle some cyclopes in a cave nearby... I think they are quite challenging..."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takao had perked Ashtver's interest when he began to tell his companion about this Hasai girl and how she was a good blacksmith.  When a trade prompt popped up in the spearman's view, though, he was startled.  Fifteen crafting materials for free?  A sandwich was enough, but crafting materials?  But then he was told of the reason, as he could pay five of the materials to Hasai for a perfect weapon.  By this point Ash had stars in his eyes, and gladly accepted to do Takao the favour of handing over the rest.  He accepted the trade on the popup and the materials were transferred right into his inventory.

Soon enough yet another male voice joined in the group.  He seemed quite young, younger than Ash himself at least.  He seemed to also know Golden, and the young spearman felt even further abandoned.  This newcomer introduced himself as Ren and Ash forced a smile this time.

"Heya, Ren, my name's Ashtver, but you can call me Ash.  Nice to meet you," he looked down at the boy as he spoke, who then proceeded to offer a drink, but Ash kindly waved the offer off.

Thankfully, Golden suggested they find a tavern somewhere to introduce themselves better.  Ash showed his confirmation with a lively nod, and then the boy suggested to fight some cyclopses after.

"Oh boy, you bet that's what I wanna do!" Ashtver agreed enthusiastically.

(NOW it's your turn to post Ren xD) 

Emblem smiled as he heard the offer of a tavern. He looked forward to hearing more about these player's stories. I'd be glad too! Emblem got up from his seat and yawned. He was excited for combat. He hadn't fought in days and wanted nothing more than a good fight. He also wanted to check out his rare sword his guild leader had made for him. You guys are good at combat, right? â€‹Emblem pulled his scarf up covering the bottom half of is face as he walked. He waited for Goldenarroz to tell them that they had arrived. Hey, which tavern are we going to?

Golden led the other players to what he thought was the best tavern on Floor 1. Of course, he preferred the one in Floor 4 but that was too far away. Golden stood outside the tavern with the other players before leading them in. This tavern was ran by an NPC, not only just an NPC but he was the very same NPC that trained him to be a cook. Golden waved a hello to the cook before sitting down in a big table and getting some menus for the other players. "Feel free to have whatever you desire... All shall be on me!" Golden said as he looked through the menu. The time was closing upon noon so it was the right time to have lunch. Golden smiled as the others looked through the menu... He knew exactly what he wanted... the same as always: Rare Rabbit Stew and a cup of tea to go along with the delicious taste of the stew.

Takao closed out of the various menus still hovering in his face after Ashtver confirmed his end of the trade and navigated to his inventory again. He checked the amount of resources he had remaining after the trade and closed out of the last menus before turning his attention back up to the conversation. He'd been paying attention the entire time, mostly listening for key words, and his face perked up considerably at the mention of fighting a Cyclops. A bright smile worked its way onto his face as the other two expressed their interest. "Yeah! Count me in!" His eyes briefly shifted toward Ashtver when Emblem's inquiry of their skills in combat. His fleeting glance turned back to the youngest of the four of them. "Well, Ash here's trying to learn the ropes, so we've gotta give 'em a hand, yeah?" He said, flashing his fellow brunet a warm smile. Takao followed behind Golden as he lead them to a tavern and seated himself at the large table. Takao's smile widened when Golden offered to pay. "Sweet, man! Thank you!" When the menu appeared, Takao glanced over the options, considering each of them carefully before deciding on a rather enticing sounding sandwich packed with ham, cheese, lettuce, and tomato.

"So we're all going to be fighting together then, huh? We should probably get to know each other's levels and skills so that we don't go in disorganized. I'll start!" Takao opened up his menu and offered the three an invitation to a party. "I use one handed straight swords and light armour. I'm better equipped to dodge 'n stuff than take damage."

"Getting to know our equipments huh..." Golden said, opening up his menu... He hasn't checked his equipments in quite a long time and before he clicked his menu, he took a sip of his tea. "Lets see here." Golden said as he opened up his inventory. "I've got some pretty sweet equipments... 1 Phantom Blade and 1 Phantom Shield, not to mention the thorn enhancements located on my armor and shield along with some other enhancements on my armor as well." Golden said... It was safe to say that he was the highest leveled player there and also the one with the best equipments so it was basically his duty to protect everyone. Combat isn't exactly... my specialty. Golden thought as he looked at the equipments belonging to the other players sitting with him.

(Okay guys, I was just wondering if we could keep a set post order so we don't wonder who's supposed to post and, although unlikely, so that multiple people don't post at the same time. It just feels really chaotic having people posting at random points, and if you wait for others to post, you'll have much more material for your posts xD Thanks ^^)

'You guys are good at combat, right?' was a question Ash really didn't want to hear.  He blushed as he scratched his chin.

"Um, I believe Takao will have something to say about my combat," he informed them, his voice shaking with embarrassment.  Ashtver's jaw dropped as they entered the bustling tavern, hundreds of different (and sadly artificial) aromas flowed through the air around the group.  The spearman breathed in heavily and closed his eyes, letting the smell of food fill his senses.  When he opened his eyes, though, the group had already moved on without him, so he jogged to catch up.  He sat down at the table and was smitten when Golden offered to pay for the meals.

Ash fervently read through the menu, his stomach growling at him.  Finally he settled on a kind of Curry (it had quite the unusual name), before Takao began to explain his expertise, which Ash already knew from experience.  When Golden told them about his Thorns, Ashtver was amazed.  In most games he played, Thorns was and effect that made any attacker take a percentage of the damage they deal to you, and he was pretty sure this one was the same.  Now it was Ashtver's turn.

"Well, I use two-handed spears, keeping my distance from enemies while attacking them at the same time," he explained confidently.  He couldn't blow this chance at getting allies, "When I get to higher levels I'm planning on getting things to do with detecting enemies and objects so I can prevent ambushes and eavesdroppers.  I look forward to working with you all," he gave them a warm smile. 

Ok well let's see here I use rank 2 One-Handed sword with a rare weapon known as Warriors Spirit. Emblem opened his inventory and materialized his weapon and set it on the table for his party members to check out. And light armor. So basically Takao's skills. I usually depend on hitting fast and hard. Emblem then ordered a glass of tea then sulked down in his seat. He immediately regretted his decision of telling the people his skill set. HE realized one of them could be a PKer that could use our skill set against us. He had been much more precarious ever sense his encounter with the pink haired PK. He shook the thought away then sent his sword back to his inventory and waited for his tea.

[Ok how about Takao, Goldenarroz, Ashtver, and then me]  

[sounds good to me. We'll stick to Takao > Goldenarroz > Ashtver > Emblem then.]

Takao leaned his weight onto the table as his food materialized before him. He glanced over the three of them and nodded along, waiting for Emblem to finish describing his skills before he spoke up again. "Alright then, we'll have to settle without a tank for now. This is just a suggestion, but here's how I think this should pan out..." Takao's voice carried a subtle tone of authority, though he wasn't exhibiting any noticeable aggressiveness in his otherwise amiable expression. His prior experience with games of the same genre gave his thoughts and plans a fair deal of merit, even though the three of them wouldn't have any reason to know it.

"Since there's four of us, we can work in teams of two and cover each other's backs. Golden could take up high priority tank with Ashtver, since he's low level and it'd be dangerous if he didn't have somebody to take the hits for him. I can take DPS with Emblem since we both focus on hit and run tactics." He rubbed his chin in thought and picked up his sandwich to take a bite. When he finished chewing he resumed speaking, but not before suppressing the desire to continue eating. "I've never fought a Cyclops before though, so I'm unfamiliar with their attack patterns. It's the first floor though, so we shouldn't be looking at anything too serious, right?" His attention shifted toward Golden, looking for confirmation. Then he glanced over the other two for their input, until his gaze settled on the sulking Emblem. One of his eyebrows quirked upward curiously, wondering where the sudden moping had come from, but averted his gaze and kept from pressing the matter.

Golden closed his eyes, listening to the plan of Takao before nodding his head at the end of it all. Not bad of a plan. He thought. I'll go along with it... even though I'd prefer my own plans. Golden chuckled a bit before opening his eyes and paying the bills from the tavern. He stood up, "Let's go then..." Golden said before walking off, leading the group into the tavern. He'd scouted the area a long time ago... He'll pick some weak ones... He knows that the cyclopes prefer to stick together with another one of their own kinds at all cost. Golden looked up at the cave with his dark blue eyes and checked that his weapon and shield were in his inventory before heading up the steps leading up to the cave. There was one thing Takao had mistaken. These caves were deadly serious... because it runs through several floors above as well. Golden smiled. He always smiled when he was coming against danger. 

Golden entered the silent cave and before doing so, instructed the party to be absolutely quiet. He watched out for a party of two cyclopes and there it was, in the corner of the opening of the cave, two stronger cyclopes chilling there. Golden and Ash will take one of the cyclopes while the other two will take on the other. Golden nods at Ash, signalling that he will start the attack and will go close combat while Ash could use his long-ranged weapon. Golden charged.

ID: 24591

BD: 1

MD: 3

Golden attacked immediately and the cyclopes who was obviously much bigger than Golden raise its club to defend itself. I shall not attack it this time. Golden thought with his blood-thirsty eyes as he jumped against the cave wall to hide behind the cyclopes. He knew that the cyclopes were extremely stupid to a high degree. As the Cyclopes tried to look for him, it was a perfect opportunity for Ash to strike the cyclopes right on the weak spot when it wasn't looking. "Hehehe..." Golden silently laughed creepily.

Takao (39/39) [HATE: 0]

Emblem (27/27) [HATE: 0]

Cyclopes #1 (20/20)

Goldenarroz (39/39) [HATE: 0]

Ashtver (11/11) [HATE: 0]

Cyclopes #2 (20/20)

[OOC Here is how it's going to work. One of Takao or Emblem shall control the Cyclopes and the other will not use the MD. I'm already controlling the cyclopes so all Ash has to do is use the BD to attack. Who the Cyclopes attack will be based on hate BUT Cyclopes #1 will only attack Takao and Emblem while Cyclopes #2 will only attack me and Ash.]

So they had two hit-and-run attackers.  That was a huge bonus.  Then there was Golden, a higher level player with possibly higher damage output, and Ashtver who had the longest reach out of anyone in the group.  He guided a spoonful of curry into his mouth as he listened to Takao's game plan.  It sounded rather... practiced, for lack of a better word.  When Takao glanced at his compadres for their input, Ashtver spoke up.

"Sounds like a plan, comrade," he said, giving the boy the thumbs up, before Golden agreed too and led the newly formed band of misfits outside.

Ashtver gazed in awe at the mouth of the giant, dark cave, wind whistling through the cracks in the stone.  I wonder how deep this goes... Ash pondered.  A chill was sent up the spearman's spine as the party strolled through the cavern, not in fear but in thrill.  He couldn't wait to have a go at the Cyclopses.  Soon enough, they spotted a pair of them.  It was a silent agreement that each pair would take one.

Ash followed Golden, and the latter nodded to Ash to tell him that he'd start.  Ash nodded back as Golden rushed in, luring the Cyclops into a defensive stance before dodging off behind, leaving it open for a sneak attack from Ash.  The spearman popped his spear out of his sheath and rushed the confused Cyclops who now had its left side turned to the spearman.  He leapt up and stuck the spear out sideways, impaling the Cyclops's left shoulderblade and causing it to howl - or more so roar - in pain.

Before he could be caught by a counterattack, he swung himself up and pulled the spear out, landing back on the ground in a crouch next to Golden.

"How was that?" Ash asked.

---

ID: 24677

BD: 6 = Success

Cyclops #2: 18/20 HP

Ashtver: 11/11 HP [HATE: 1] 

Emblem finished his tea and nodded. He had never met someone that good at planning and felt that he would do great in a guild. Sounds like a great plan lets get going!

[i'll control the one for me and Takao]

Emblem gripped the hilt of his sword as he walked into the cave then watched as two cyclops blindly walked around. Ok then, Takao and I will take that one you guys take the other one. He watched his friend miss the attack then the player known as Ashtver to strike the cyclops. Hmph, good job. Emblem turned around and looked at his own fight. He didn't think that these would be much of a problem but Golden had recommended this place and knew something was up.  Emblem ran at the beast missing it. He cursed himself then looked back at the cyclops to see it bash him into the wall of the cave. He muttered out the word switch then fell to the ground. 

ID:24706

BD:2

MD:9

Emblem: (24/26)+0 Hate

Cyclops: (20/20)

Takao: (39/39)+0 Hate

Takao's gaze settled on Golden as he chuckled. One of his eyebrows raised upward with interest. The look of amusement was a bit unsettling to observe after pitching the plan, and although he was tempted to inquire about alternatives, it seemed as though it was a satisfactory plan for the others. His emerald hued gaze settled on Ashtver and flashed him a smile in response.

“This is a good chance to try out some new equipment too.†Quick and skillful navigation of the menu lead him to his inventory. He pressed and scrolled through items until he reached the name he'd been looking for, «Lightbringer». The scabbard on his back disappeared in a colourful display of fragmented shards. A few taps of the menu later and a new sword had appeared. Although only the hilt assembly was visible, it already appeared to be of much higher craftsmanship. His Impravidor would always hold a special place in his heart, being the first sword he'd acquired after the starter weapon, but this blade packed a considerably deadlier punch.

The group left with Golden leading them along to the cave. His eyes settled on the darkness that laid beyond and felt a small smile working its way onto his face. New environments meant new opportunities, and his experience with caves on his adventures thus far had been rather enjoyable. Then again, the caves he'd visited had short pink haired women, and not a massive Cyclops. Or, in their lucky case, two of them.

The teams split and Takao took Emblem's side. Every so often he would steal a sidelong glance at the other two, just in case. Wordlessly, he watched Emblem charge at the Cyclops and miss his opportunity to strike, instead finding himself on the receiving end of the blow. Takao reacted quickly and raised his sword, drawn long since they'd entered the cave, and placed the blade across his shoulders. It emitted a low hum as the blade started to glow a bright, vibrant green colour. As he released the sword art, Takao tensed his legs and jumped. While the large beast was preoccupied with Emblem, the young brunet arched his body and flipped upside down in the air. He threw his left leg around to spin himself, and his blade snapped forward like a whip, cleaving deep into the Cyclops's back. Unfortunately for Takao, he was about as fortunate as Emblem was, and sustained a bit of damage from the Cyclops's response to his cutting.

Even after sustaining the small chunk of damage, a smile remained on his face. He landed on one hand and sprung himself back up to his feet, thankful for the system's parameters for making such an acrobatic feat possible.

“Alright big guy, come 'n get me!†Takao taunted, luring the hulking beast away from Emblem to present him with another opportunity to attack.

- -

»ID: [24722]

»BD: [8]

»MD: [9 - 3 = 6] (+1 critical damage)

»Emblem: (24/26) [[ 0 Hate ]]

»Cyclops: (12/20)

»Takao: (37/39) [[ +1 Hate ]]

ID: 24725

BD: 8 (6 DMG)

MD: 5 (0 DMG)

Golden smiled as the cyclopes forgot that he was hiding in the dark corner of the wall. The cyclopes focused entirely on Ash and Golden saw his opportunity to pounce upon the gigantic club wielder. Golden smiled as he jumped above the cyclopes before bringing his rapier down right upon the cyclopes head. There was absolutely no chance or time for the cyclopes to dodge the attack as Golden harmed its head drastically. "Too easy." Golden said with a light smirk as the cyclopes recovered from the shock of that attack. It held both its hands onto its head in instinct and left the rest of its body bare and open for Ash to attack. Golden looked at Ash wondering whether he will attack immediately, taking advantage of the open target when he realized that the shadow underneath him was darker than usual. Golden looked up to see that the cyclopes was preparing itself for an attack and he dodged out of the way just as the club made contact with the cave floor.

Goldenarroz (39/39) [HATE: 1]

Ashtver (11/11) [HATE: 1]

Cyclopes #2 (12/20)

Ashtver watched on as Emblem missed his attack and took a bone-crushing blow from the Cyclops's club, while Takao managed to land quite a fierce blow to its back before taking a hit himself, although somewhat less damaging. He turned his attention back to Golden and watched as he leaped into the air, bringing his rapier down on the giant's skull.

Now it was Ashtver's turn. He rushed towards the Cyclops's open back and stuck his spear out, the head glowing a deep purple and sinking into the thick, tanned flesh, but not before he watched the giant turn its head around.

"Crap, looks like the back's not much of a weak spot after all," he cursed, before attempting to pull the spear out. He was successful, and managed to leap backwards just in time to dodge the incoming grab and standing back where he started.

---

ID: 24769

BD: 6 = Success

MD: 5 = Fail (Used from Golden's roll)

Cyclops #2: 10/20 HP

Ashtver: 11/11 HP [HATE: 2]

Emblem looked over as the player stabbed the back of the Cyclops dealing damage but not a significant as if he were to attack it head on. He looked back at his own fight and readied his sword. He rubbed his ribs still feeling the impact of the attack sending his skull rattling. He took his usual battle stance and studied the Cyclops. He decided to charge at it head on. He activated a sword skill and charged at the beast intending to deal heavy damage. His blade shined a magnificent shade or green as he ran at the mob slashing it down the middle. He smiled then looked back at his friend. Okay now let.... Emblem's sentence was interuppted when he was bashed across the room sending his bones rattling. S...Switch!

ID:24791

BD:9

MD:9

»Emblem: (22/26) [[ +1 Hate ]]

»Cyclops: (5/20)

»Takao: (37/39) [[ +1 Hate ]]

(Hey Emblem, I think you might've forgotten to update the Cyclops health in your post. we good now bruv)

Takao's eyes set on their Cyclops's curved health gauge as its health slowly ticked down, now just a few measly points above half after Takao's attack. His attention darted to Emblem as he shifted into a stance and activated a sword art. After it successfully made contact, he watched the health bar pass below the halfway point and enter the orange threshold. His eyebrows knitted together when Emblem turned his back to the Cyclops and started running toward him, his mouth opened to shout a warning, but the words never left his throat as Emblem was hit across the room. A rare frown graced Takao's face as he watched for only a second, resuming his run toward the humanoid beast. It swung at him and Takao had little problem evading and finding an opening immediately afterward. His sword dug into the side of the Cyclops and cut deep into its midsection. Takao continued his slash, cutting from the stomach up to the chest until his blade emerged from the other side. He spun as he landed to face Emblem, a look of concern growing on his face as the Cyclops disappeared in an explosion of glimmering shards. "Are you alright?" The question was a formality, as a quick glance to the party's health gauges showed that he hadn't lost much health at all. Even so, his words were spoken with legitimate concern.

- -

»ID: [24794]

»BD: [6]

»MD: [3 - 3 = 0]

»Emblem: (22/26)

»Cyclops: (0/20) *DEAD*

»Takao: (37/39)

[Takao... No way did you just deal 12 damage to your cyclopes... I think you made an error]

ID: 24799

BD: 3 (0 DMG)

MD: 10 (3 DMG)

Golden attacked after Ash managed to land his hit right into the head of the cyclopes. The cyclopes roared in pain as it seeks revenge. Here it comes... Golden smiled knowing fully what the cyclopes has the potential to do. The cave might collapse if this monster isn't stopped soon. Interesting... Golden's smile turned into a grin as he launched himself toward the gigantic mob only to fail miserably when he couldn't manage to jump fast enough to avoid the cyclopes from punching him. Golden frowned as he watched the cyclopes launch its club upon Ash and the player couldn't get out of the way quick enough. Golden chuckled. Very amusing. And his dark eyes now turned into the shade of red. This will get fun... very, very fun. Golden couldn't control his other self from taking over his body and it has... it always could when Golden was in combat. Golden's face turned dark as he prepared for his next attack.

Goldenarroz (39/39) [HATE: 1]

Ashtver (8/11) [HATE: 2]

Cyclopes #2 (10/20)

Ashtver watched Ren and Takao finish off the Cyclops, neither of them losing too much health.  They had finished much quicker than Ash and Golden were about to, but that was mainly due to the spearman's inexperience.  Soon enough, he watched Golden launch another attack onto the beast, but soon after he was punched away by the gargantuan's fist.  Without any time to react, a giant club came swinging down towards Ash and it connected with his midsection and sent him sprawling across the ground.  In a real life situation, that would have shattered his entire ribcage.

Ash picked himself and his spear back up and he readied the weapon at his side.  He charged in to attack the Cyclops's leg, but the giant creature seemed to have seen the attack from a mile away and pivoted its colossal leg away, causing Ash to have to drop from his overextended lunge into a roll to safety.

He just hoped Golden could get it while it was still distracted.

---

ID: 24938

BD: 2 = Fail

No stat changes.

Emblem rolled over from his posision on the ground laughing. He loved a good fight and got excited when he would be hit with such power that quickly. He looked up to see his friend Takao looking at him worried. Oh don't worry about me! I'm fine! Emblem pointed to his HP gauge on the top right of his hud to show that his Hp was near full. Emblem sat up then looked over at Ash and Gold fighting the other Cyclops. Well we cant leave them hanging! Emblem watched the boy known as Ashtver attempt to stab the mob with it's spear missing it. He decided he would join the fight. Emblem unsheathed his sword. He then remembered all the times he told his friend not to help his fights so he decided he would wait it out and only jump in if absolutely necessary.