[OP-F1] No Respawns?! (COMPLETED)

Takao's eyes glanced over Emblem's health gauge and noted the lack of significant loss. He nodded his head and listened to him laugh, eventually joining in with a light chuckle of his own. Takao enjoyed the thrills of battle as much as anybody, but his enjoyment was usually displayed through silent expressions than boisterous laughter. He certainly couldn't fault those that did though, laughter was an incredibly common method of reacting to situations. His hand was offered out to help Emblem up, but retracted when he did so on his lonesome. He followed the look of his partner in battle and glanced over his shoulder just in time to see Ashtver take the hit to his torso. Takao winced instinctively and turned, taking a step toward the battle. His movement halted when he noticed the insignificant amount of damage it had dealt to him, at least when compared to the memory of the boar's damage. He raised his sword arm and guided the tip of his blade to the scabbard upon his back. The sword slid into the protective housing and Takao crossed his arms, opting to watch alongside Emblem. "We 'oughta let them finish it up on their own. Ashtver could use the experience, y'know?"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 25001

BD: 7 (7 DMG)

MD: 7 (1 DMG)

Golden grinned in delight as the cyclopes looked back at him after looking at Ashtver. A small price to pay. Golden thought as he stared into the eyes of the mob. The impatient cyclopes made the first move having had enough staring at Golden and charged without thinking. I see... dumb as ever. Golden thought as the cyclopes kicked his shield. Number 1 rule... always consider the equipment of your opponent. Golden thought as his eyes grew wide while the cyclopes jumped in pain. Golden charged with his blade in hand before striking at the unaware Cyclopes. This sent the cyclopes onto the ground... easy target for Ash to finish off.

Goldenarroz (38/39) [HATE: 2]

Ashtver (8/11) [HATE: 2]

Cyclopes #2 (1/20)

[sorry Forgot to add that part.]

(Golden, not sure whether the same rule applies to blocking with shields, but I think you might actually be on 38/39 HP, as the rules say MIT won't take damage down past 1. I'm unsure if that's the same for shields, though ^^ Also, NOW happy birthday Takao!)

Ash watched as Golden took a blow from the Cyclops with his shield before delivering a blow himself. It was at death's door, and Ash was going to take his chance to finish it. He readied himself once again and charged the distracted Cyclops, aiming for the back of its knee...

He didn't pay attention to the incoming fist. The Cyclops swung a backhand at Ash, and he did what he could to block, but still suffered damage, his spear flying across the cavern in the process. He slunk away quickly, not impressed he failed another attack.

---

ID: 25025

BD: 4 = Fail

MD: 7 = Success (Used from Golden's roll)

Ashtver: 7/11 HP

Golden: 38/39 HP

Cyclops: 1/20 HP

Emblem yawned as he watched his friends attack the mob missing all attempts. â€‹Hey guys, try juking out the ob rather than charging blindly at it. â€‹Emblem was impressed at the team work between the two. especially the boy Ashtver. His attack patterns showed he was capable of front liners once he got stronger. He to was hoping to become a front liner and he thought he was going in the right direction. Emblem looked up at his friend Takao and wondered what his end goal was in life. He decided he would ask the boy. So..Takao what is your end goal in this game. What made you leave the safe zone.

Although he had sheathed his sword, his hand remained tightly wrapped around the hilt. He had complete confidence in the two, but trusting somebody to be able to do something didn't necessarily mean he would be recklessly unprepared for the worst. A grimace crossed his face as he watched Ashtver sustain a hit and heard his spear hitting the cavern floor some distance away. "Ash!" Takao called out from a distance. "You alright?" He struggled to keep himself from moving despite his concern. Takao cast a fleeting glance to the health bars at the top of his peripheral vision and chewed the inside of his mouth. The cyclops didn't seem capable of dealing enough damage to finish him off with one go, so he had at least another shot. It quelled his worry, if only a little. Takao turned his glance to Emblem as he questioned his motives and opened his mouth to speak, but stopped himself after a moment to contemplate exactly what to say. "It was boring, y'know? The point of a life is to live it, and you're not livin' it in a safe zone." He turned his gaze back to the cyclops as his next words lowered in tone. "Not like this anyways. Besides, I'm interested in the front lines. If I'm not gonna stay in the safe zone, it'd be a waste to just grind away all day and not do something to help out."

ID: 25044

BD: 3 (0 DMG)

MD: 5 (0 DMG)

Golden looked back to see Emblem and Takao having a chat. Golden looked back at Ash. "Don't want to keep them waiting too long do we?" Golden asked as he looked at the cyclopes, studying its movements. He wants to finish the up the mob quick but he considered the fact that Ash needed some experience from this battle. Golden closed his eyes and smiled. He'd give the final kill to Ash. "Alright... man... I'm giving it to you for the final hit. Make this one count." Golden said before sitting down to have a drink of water.

"Yeah... I'm good!" Ashtver called back to Takao, who had shown concern for Ash. He looked over to Golden watch him retire arms before sitting down and getting a bottle of water, leaving the final blow to Ash. He was determined to get the kill. He watched the Cyclops turn to face him, and he crouched low. His gaze followed the club that was coming crashing down towards him, and he jumped back as it made contact with the rocky earth.

He then jumped forwards and proceeded to run up the club and arm

Of the Cyclops, delivering a large soccer kick to it's left jaw. He used the Cyclops's head as a launch pad to push himself backwards and land on the ground beside his spear. The enraged beast turned it's single eye towards him and began to rush him, club held high over its head. As the club came down for the final time, Ashtvet launched himself in the air, his spear glowing vermillion, and impaled the head of the spear into the giant's jaw, causing the creature to explode into shards and let Ash drop to the ground, where he sat, placed his spear beside him and casually brought out bread and water, a content smirk on his face.

---

ID: 25067

BD: 10 = Critical +2

LD: 18 = Good item or 100 Col

Ashtver: 7/11 HP

Cyclops: DEAD

Emblem walked up to ashtver and set a hand on his shoulder. Good job! Emblem sat down next to the the ma and materialized a bottle of water and took a long swig. HE waited for the rest then sighed and lay down.  I'm tired! Emblem yawned then closed his eyes. He was glad to have met the people and hoped none of them would die too fast. Emblem looked over and asked Ashtver the same question. Hey Ash, What is your end goal, in this death game. Do you want to be a clearer or something? Emblem had always been interested in what some people thought there purpose in this game was. 

Takao let out a small cheer and applauded when Ashtver took the cyclops down and followed beside Emblem when he approached. He flashed the fellow brunet a smile and offered his hand out to Ashtver for a high five. "Awesome, man!" The excitement in his voice was clear as day. His hand came to rest on his hip until something in the distance had caught his eye, a small shimmer of light through the darkness of the cave. "Huh. Hey, you guys see that?" Takao said as he moved across the cavern and approached the object with a curious expression and tilted head. Upon realizing what it was, he turned back to the small gathering with a smile. "Guys, come check this out! There's a chest over here!" He didn't dare to open it on his lonesome, as it was a product of their collective efforts, so he'd rather wait for them all to gather.

- -

»ID: [[ 25125 ]]

»LD: [[ 15 ]]

Golden had been drinking water when Takao shouted that he's found a chest. Golden immediately pulled the bottle from his mouth and spilled quite a lot on his shirt. These treasure chests are quite rare. Golden thought. One has to be fairly lucky to be able to find one. Golden sighed as he stood up and inserted the water bottle back into his inventory. He yelped as he looked at the direction of Takao. "Very nice find." Golden said to Takao as he looked at the treasure chest. "Perhaps you should open it up." Golden said as he pulled out his rapier. The chest might be a trap for all he knows. Golden frowned while eyeing the chest, this world is dangerous... there are traps everywhere. No point in being careless.

"End goal, huh?  Death?" he questioned, "I've never really paid much mind to those two things as of yet, and that will possibly be fatal to my health," he gave a light chuckle, "Umm... I guess I just want to clear the game, see what happens.  I mean, staying down on the lower floors isn't what I'd call living.  Sure, you can get a job and get experience and all that, but that's not what makes the game so amazing, yet so deadly at the same time," he rambled on, "I want to clear the game, but not for myself.  I want to clear it for all those who lead better lives in the real world than myself.  People are scared here.  They go insane and too many kill themselves, thinking that what the GM said was a lie.  I don't believe that.  There are people in this world who can actually do things like that," he finished.

Ashtver accepted Takao's high five with a grin, before his teacher spotted something in the distance and went to check, calling back to the group, telling them that it was a chest.  Ashtver leaped to his feet quickly and bolted over by Takao's side, his ocean blue eyes glimmering in front of the large box which was hopefully filled with loot.  He looked to Ren behind him, "Yo, Ren, you gonna come and check out what loot we get?"

Why not! Emblem jogged over to the chest and nervously tugged on his scarf. He had no idea what would be in the chest. For all he knew it was a trap. Emble shook his head and waited for the party leader to open the chest. He had never encountered a treasure chest in SAO and couldn't help but feel that something may be of. He shook of the thought the approached the chest. YOLO I guess. Emblem pt his hand up to the hilt o his sword ready for any trap. In the back of his mind he hoped for some type of aror but doubted much would be in the chest.

Takao wore a broad smile as he knelt down in front of the chest and placed his gloved hands on the surface as the others gathered around. "Alright! Let's open this thing up! Y'know, I actually found one of these things ages ago on a higher floor." He glanced over at the three gathered as he pushed open the chest. "Say, you don't think these things are tra-" His words were cut short as he slowly glanced back to the chest, only for a plume of fire to erupt from within, and into his face. He didn't seem to move, and his health dropped an insignificant amount as his expression flat-lined. "-pped." He finally finished as his gaze returned to the chest. A menu appeared in his face, informing him of the twenty col and one material that was within. Takao slowly climbed to his feet and brushed his clothes off, glancing over the group before erupting into a fit of laughter at his own misfortune. "So uh. Anybody in need of about twenty col, or maybe one crafting material?"

-

»ID: [[ 25205 ]]

»LD: [[ 11 ]]

»Takao: (36/39)

"Damn, what a waste." Golden said as he turned around. There would be no point in having 20 col and he had plenty of materials already. He sighed as he waved it off. "Someone else can have it." Golden said carelessly. The amount was too little... there were probably more chests in the deeper parts of the cave and they could probably find some if they had time... but Golden was feeling tired so he didn't want more action that day. "You guys can continue exploring the cave but I gotta rest up a bit." Golden said as he looked at his fake watch before turning around to exit the cave before giving them all a wave. Golden smiled... he's made friends since coming to this world... but everyone will die at some point... Golden's smile turned into a frown as he put his hands into his pocket while going back to his shop.

Goldenarroz has left the thread.

Ashtver attempted to suppress a chuckle when the chest spat the chewie at Takao, belching fire into his face. Ultimately, he failed and burst into laughter that echoed within the cave, possibly waking up half the mobs. He covered his mouth as Takao listed the items, and the materials and Col seemed rather enticing. As Golden declined the offer, Ash put his hand up.

"I'll gladly take the Col," he said before looking to Ren, "But if Ren wants it, he can have it. I will be taking the material though; I'll add that to the leftovers I'll give to that Hasai girl," he finished, and turned to wave at Golden as he left. He looked back at Takao and cocked his head, "Am I able to send her the materials though? I feel my introduction to her would go a lot smoother if it didn't had any trading to do with it," he asked, before remembering something.

He opened his menu and brought up the Friends List and entered Takao, Emblem and Golden's names into it, sending each of them a request. Once finished, he gave them all a goofy grin as usual.

Emblem unsuspectedly noticed a window pop up in front of him asking to become friends with the boy. Emblem giggled at the message then put his hand up to the window to accept it only to hear the girl Mari's words echo through his mind. Don't be to friendly, that will be the end of you. Emblem thought the words over and looked back at the others to see how they were reacting to the friend request. Emblem closed his eyes and put his finger on the accept button hoping that it wouldn't come back and bite him in the but. 

Takao's navigation of the menu was swift and precise. He'd offered the twenty col and material to Ashtver, not particularly in need of either himself. Nobody else seemed to express interest either, so he'd made the executive decision to delegate the few items to his friend. "All yours, bro." Takao finished up the trade window and glanced over at Ashtver when the question of item transfers arose. "Uh... I don't think you can transfer stuff unless you do it through a trade like we did earlier. I'm sure she wouldn't mind getting materials either way, though if you really don't think it's a good idea I can give 'em to her for you. We're uh..." Takao's gloved hand raised to scratch the side of his cheek as his gaze moved sidelong. "Well, I'm planning on seeing her again soon, so I wouldn't mind." He spoke as he accepted the friend request without a second thought, his gaze returning to Ashtver afterwards.

Ashtver accepted the Col and materials, and listened to Takao explain that he was meeting up with Hasai later - although he seemed somewhat bashful as he said it. Ashtver grinned in delight and nodded in confirmation. He reopened the trade menu and sent the materials back to Takao.

"Please tell her that I'd like a dagger, in case I get into some close combat, y'know?" he asked Takao with a wide grin.

Ashtver watched as Ren hesitantly accepted the friend request. He didn't blame the kid, this world was dangerous, and those that you trust could backstab you at any moment. If anyone pulled a knife - or a sword, more accurately - on his friends, they'd be on his kill list. Takao accepted soon after, and Ash turned on his heel, before calling back over his shoulder.

"I'll see you soon, 'kay?" he finished with a wave over his shoulder as he made his way out of the cave and back into the open.

(NO IDEA why it changed my account over xD)

Emblem watched as the boy accepted the loot then then waved them good bye. I hope he lives. Emblem looked over at the last remaining party member with him and smiled. So have you ever thought of joining the guild Silver Moon? Emblem had heard a lot about the man from his guild leader and thought he would make a great edition to the guild. It would be great to have someone with your skill set on the team. Emblem grinned at the man waiting for his response.

Takao accepted the trade that returned his materials to him and stashed them away within the safety of his inventory. He committed the request to memory, making himself sure that he'd bring the order up to Hasai the first chance he got. He watched Ashtver leave the cave and waved after him, then set his attention on the only other person left. "He'll be fine, I'm sure of it." Takao said with a genuine smile. When the topic of guilds arose, he pursed his lips and shifted his gaze toward the exit of the cave. "Well... I had put thought into it, but I promised somebody else that I'd join their guild before. I kinda wish I'd of met Hasai first, but... The guild I'm planning on joining is great too. Plus, just 'cause we're in different guilds doesn't mean we can't party up to kick some butt, right?" He said as his smile returned in full force, beaming at Emblem.

"Anyways, I'll catch you around! Seeya!" Takao waved to the remaining party member before departing for the cave exit.