[PP-F1] 1 V 1 Practice Training (Xion) COMPLETE

Golden had been hanging out in the darkest corners of the SAO world trying to get more and more power so that eventually, he would become one of the most powerful players in the game. He'd been training all day and all night for the past few weeks with some shady players to get stronger... and he's inherited some mysteriousness from that training as well as skill. Golden'd been getting closer to the darker side of players and he didn't really mind... He doesn't care about anything other than power. Golden sighed as he walked toward the cafe for coffee before another day of hardcore training begins. He sighed as he ordered a coffee and went to the corner to sit by himself. He hadn't interacted with the usual parties of his for awhile now but he didn't really care. As he got his coffee, he stirred it before staring off into space for a while, waiting for the coffee to cool down before he could drink the large cup. Coffee was a sleep prevention method and a good one at that. He closed his eyes as he enjoyed the warmth of the coffee before walking out of the shop into the plains so he could grind off of some weak boars. Pathetic. He thought as he put his hands into the pocket of his dark shirt before walking off.

Xion was resting just outside the town of beginnings, he had been trying, and admittedly failing to gather materials and col from the boars in the area. Because of this he was more than just physically, tired but mentally tired too. "Pathetic... a boar... the equivalent of a slime  in any other RPG... I can't even defeat that!" he yelled, thrusting his sword into the ground in anger. He looked down at his weak, slightly shaking hands, thinking...thinking about whether or not he would even survive this death game. He then remembered some players that he had met, namely Lee and Goldenarroz. "They were strong...not just stat wise but mentally too...they were able to laugh, to joke about their failures" he said to himself, before pulling his sword form the ground and resting it upon his shoulder, planning to go hunting once more... and hopefully succeed this time. 

Golden had just easily finished off another boar with his blade. It'd been the 5th one that day... and he was getting bored of these pathetically weak creatures. He looked around for a tree but instead of finding a place to sit, he caught glimpse of a player he knew. Looks like Xion... In the horizon. Golden realized as he walked over. Maybe Xion wanted to duel... Killing boars for fun was getting kind of boring and he hasn't lost a single health yet. He hadn't broken a sweat with all the mob fighting. Golden sighed as he approached Xion. "Wassup! Wanna duel?" He asked before Xion could find a boar to fight. Golden hoped he hadn't scared the player... he was kind of quiet during the walk.

Xion turned, surprised by the sudden voice, until he realized that it was Golden. "Long time no see Golden... and sure why not, I'm not having any luck with these boars...but we should find a place in town, just to make sure we don't aggro any mobs" Xion replied with a smile, happy to see  a player that he knew again. He was excited by the idea of a duel, although he knew that Golden would most likely win, Xion at the least wanted to see how his strength compared to that of Golden. 

Golden led the way to the town of beginnings. He knew that the battle was going to be quite easy and it was only a matter of time before he whipped the health of Xion to its half. Golden knew how low-leveled Xion was from previous encounters. He couldn't have leveled up that quickly... could he? Either way, Golden found an empty area in the middle of the plaza where he sent a battle invite to Xion, stating it was a half-health battle. Golden grinned as the pop-up box appeared in front of Xion and he waited for him to accept the invite. "I hope you're ready for a pretty tough battle!" Golden said with a confident face before pulling out his shield and rapier from his inventory so he could be prepared for the battle. "You may have first attack.

Goldenarroz (39/39)

Xion (9/9)

Argh... only nine health? I have to be careful not to whip his health to zero. Golden could easily defeat Xion without even using a sword. He frowned, thinking about the fact that he would win after landing only one hit. He sighed as the battle had begun. 

ID: 24726

BD: 7 (2 DMG) 

Xion followed Golden into the town of beginnings and into the plaza, where he stood facing him. As Golden sent the duel request, Xion smiled and answered his question "If a battle is not a tough one, how can you truly call it a battle?" he said, before accepting the duel and waiting for the timer to count down. 

10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...GO

Xion rushed towards Golden as soon as the timer stopped, lunging and driving his sword into Golden's chest, smiling as he did "My aim has gotten a little better from last time" he said with a smile, he then followed through, dragging the blade out of Golden's avatar and running past him, his sword held in front of him, ready to block Golden's attacks...if he could that is. Xion knew that with one hit Golden would be able to win the duel, while Xion on the other hand, would have to hit him a minimum of four times, assuming that all of his attacks were crits, and without Golden hitting him once to win. He didn't like odds, but he had to become stronger one way or the other. 

Goldenarroz (37/39)

Xion (9/9)

Golden smiled as Xion made contact with his attack and he knew that he couldn't attack him anymore. The thorns on his shield not only dealt 2 damage to Xion but it also meant that if Golden made a critical hit, Xion would be dead. With a smile, Golden opened up the menu and forfeited, granting Xion the win. "Nice job. You managed a hit on me." Golden said. He didn't know whether Xion knew about the thorns that dealt Xion damage from his attack. "When you get stronger, we shall have more of a.... equal.... duel." Golden said, friendlily, "​If I continued with the battle and inflicted a critical on you, you would've died especially with the thorns on my shield that dealt you damage when you attacked me." Golden looked up at the sky. "Haha, dying would've been bad..." Golden said, more quieter this time as he enjoyed the warmth of the day the the brightness of the sky. He was surprised that Xion had even managed a hit on him. How unfortunate.

[my bad forgot about the thorns XD] 

Xion turned to Golden, initially confused until Golden explained about the thorns effect on his shield. Looking at his health, XIon noticed that he had indeed taken damage as his health was now 7/9. "Wow...I didn't even notice..." he said, watching his health slowly climb up to 9 again. "What if we were to have another duel, but without your shield... wouldn't that mean that you could at least hit me once without fear of killing me. Winning by default feels more like cheating than anything" Xion said, looking at Golden. 'That was sloppy...I hadn't even noticed my health dropped, had we been fighting to kill...I would be dead by now' he thought. 

Golden listened as Xion wanted to have a battle without the shield. Golden sighed and smiled. He opened up the menu and unequipped his trusty shield... his partner along with his blade. Golden didn't feel right fighting without his shield but he knew that he still had thorns enhanced on his armor as well so he had to unequip that as well. Now, 'tis only him and his blade against Xion and his blade. Golden smiled as he sent the battle invitation and he waited for Xion to accept. His heath had been taken down by two but it should not make a difference. Golden would win the duel with one shot. He sighed as the count-down began.

[Also, my health is 38/39 because I had damage mitigation on my armor but this battle, I won't have damage mitigation because I took off my armor.]

Goldenarroz (38/39)

Xion (11/11)

ID:24732

BD: 5 (Miss)

Xion waited once again for the timer to count down, watching with anticipation. 3...2...1...GO! 

Xion rushed once again towards Goldenarroz, hoping that lightning would strike twice...unfortunately it didn't.

He missed, off by an inch as his blade went past Golden and Xion himself awkwardly stumbled past him, but managed to regain his balance and raise his sword, hoping beyond hope that Golden's response attack wouldn't mean the end of the duel. 

ID: 24473

BD: 2 (0 DMG)

Golden smirked as he easily dodged Xion's attack. Got a lot of work to do. Golden thought as he raise his blade and prepared to attack himself. He smiled as he charged at the close Xion who had just missed his attack. At the last second, Golden attempted to go around Xion through a fake move and came up behind Xion. Golden smiled as he tried to regain balance but that smile turned to a frown as he went off balance. He had missed his chance to attack Xion from behind and now he has to defend his life points. What a drag. Golden thought as he raise his blade. I'm so used to fighting with my shield by my side along with my sword that it's hard to fight without it. It feels like something is missing from my combat attire. Golden smirked as he waited for Xion to make his next attack.

Goldenarroz (38/39)

Xion (11/11)

ID: 24734

BD: 10 (4 DMG)

Xion watched as golden stumbled too "it would seem that we both have much room for improvement" Xion said before turning around and driving his balde into Golden's stomach, and then dragging it upwards and ripping it out of the man's shoulder.

Xion smirked, and watched as Golden's health dropped a little "damn..." He muttered, that attack was as strong as Xion's got, and it barely put a dent in Golden's health.

Goldenarroz (34/39)

Xion (11/11)

ID: 24737

BD: 5

Golden smiled as he had been hit. I haven't expected to be injured during the battle for the slightest but seems like I've underestimated my opponent. Golden thought as he brought out his blade to attempt another attack on Xion. This time, instead of making a fake move at the last second, he went straight on and the attack was dodged easily by Xion. I can't keep underestimating him... why am I attacking straight on? 'Tis a horrible tactic. Golden cursed at himself, not sure what he was doing. He raise his blade, which he would use to try and deflect Xion's attack now that he has unequipped his shield. Golden smiled.

Goldenarroz (34/39)

Xion (11/11)

ID: 24739

BD: 6 (2 DMG)

Xion dodged to the side as Golden rushed straight at him. 'He's stopped with all of the fancy moves...he may be losing it...or is he actually getting serious...' Xion thought to himself before readying an attack.

He ran towards Golden, who was attempting to block with his sword, but Xion was able to find a gap in his defence and stab the man's shoulder. This time his blade did not cut as deep as before, but nevertheless Xion saw Golden's health drop slowly.

Xion then backed away, holding his sword in front of him, preparing himself for Golden's next attack.

Goldenarroz (32/39)

Xion (11/11)

ID: 24740

BD: 3 (0 DMG)

[That moment when I question the legitness of the dice]

Golden was caught out once again by Xion's attack. Oh well. Golden thought. It doesn't really matter. I've pretty much won the battle from the get-go. Golden smiles as his blade went up once again. Of course, he still felt fairly awkward at the fact that his shield and armor were not equipped. Golden didn't attack with as much intensity as he would've normally with all his equipments. Golden cursed as he missed his target.

Goldenarroz (32/39)

Xion (11/11)

ID: 24742

BD: 9 (3 DMG)

[it would seem that the Xion syndrome is contagious Xd ]

Xion side stepped and dodged Golden's attack 'something's wrong' he thought 'where has his strength, his focus, where has it all gone?'

Xion then turned to face golden as he swung diagonally down and to the left, his blade slicing through Golden's shoulder and across his chest. Once again his health dropped and Xion retreated, assuming a defensive stance.

Goldenarroz (29/39)

Xion (11/11)

ID: 24744

BD: 7 (6 DMG)

Golden knew it was time to end it. People were going to be criticizing him battling a weak player and he was going to get stick after the battle. Golden sighed as he brought his sword up and charged at Xion. Only one contact with my blade. Golden thought as he ran at the target. He is a mere prey. He jumped up at the last moment over Xion using his acrobatics skill which he was sure had surprised Xion. After the jump, he quickly turned around and with a smooth movement, he sliced the waist of Xion, cutting his health to half. He inflicted way too much damage than I would've hoped. Golden thought as he put away his blade and saw the Winner sign raise above his head. Golden smiled. He was weak but not weak enough to lose to a low-leveled player like Xion.

Xion had braced himself for a frontal attack, not for the aerial strike that Golden had in mind as the player leaped over Xion,and In one blow reduced his health to half.

However Xion was not bothered by defeat, in fact he was rather happy. He walked over to golden, his hand held out, Palm open. "I knew that I would lose, but I never though that I wouls do so well" Xion said with a smile, and a slight chuckle.

"I didn't think that I'd do so badly either." Golden said while he scratched his head in shame but smiled. "I guess it was all a learning process huh?" Golden looked at the sky, it wasn't getting very late, looks like it was about noon or close. "We still have time to do other things." Golden said, "Do you want to go mob fighting?" Golden asked considerately. He could use some weak mob grinding to get stronger and stronger with his techniques of sword fighting. Everyone learns until they die... and that was what Golden was planning to do. He'll continue to learn and become stronger until that day... when he dies. He could feel that he would die in this game... but not for a bad cause, he will die in the front lines, sacrificing his life for others... That is what he will do, what he will be. Golden smiled confidently. So I won't let anyone get in my way! People that think they are the best... They are just ants in my eyes. Golden's smile turned into a hateful frown as he thought about the people that looked down on him... not so much in real life but more in the world of SAO. I'll show 'em someday.

Xion nodded " I wouldn't mind, I could use the col and exp so why not. And you own a shop don't you? Mind if I stay around for a while, I don't think I'm going to be able to. Afford another night at the inn" Xion said, sitting down while he waited for his health to regenerate.

He then remembered something. " I just rembered, I have some bread and water, want some?"