SP - F9 Time To Break Some Skulls <<Bandit Camp>> (Completed)

ID: 25261-25262

Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage) (Paralyze Activation)

Mob Dice 1: 6 (Evasion +2) = 4 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)

Mob Dice 2: 6 (Evasion +2) = 4

Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2) = 10

Following up after his previous stunning strike Calrex quickly rushed in once again, moving slightly to the right in order to try and get into a prime striking area for finishing off the third bandit, but as he did the fourth bandit came into view, his blade already beginning to descend towards him. Quickly planting his front foot Calrex swung his back foot outwards towards the third bandit, bringing the Grand Maelstrom around.

As he slid into striking range the blade pierced the bandit with Calrex's back facing him. Quickly extracting the blade he spun around and slashed the mob's back as the enemy dissipated into crystals.

"Three down...one to go..."

Loot List

1 Material

HP List

Calrex: 85/93 (Disguise Recharge: 2/12 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:

Bandit 1: -3/46

Bandit 2: -8/46

Bandit 3: -6/46 (Paralyzed Until Next Turn)

Bandit 4: 46/46

ID: 25267

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4

Mob Dice 1: 7 (Evasion +2) = 5

Once again the rage AI patten of the bandit triggered as he rushed forward, giving a wail as he began to swing wildly in an attempt to cut Calrex in multiple places. However, with each strike the blue-haired played deflected them to the side or dodged them entirely. At one point the enemy tried to mix up his attack with a stab that got close to connecting with the Grand Dragoon, but fell an inch short when Calrex swung his back leg to the side, the point of the blade harmlessly passing by.

However, because of the bandit's relentless flurry of blows Calrex was unable to get a strike in of his own, being forced onto the defensive as he watched opening after small opening came and went. With a final deflect he delivered a warding kick, pushing the bandit back so that he could get some breathing room before twirling the Grand Maelstrom into a hammer grip.

"So this one is going to be more persistent. Makes sense, since he's the last remaining enemy I need to finish off. Alright then, let's start the counter-attack."

HP List

Calrex: 85/93 (Disguise Recharge: 1/12 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:

Bandit 3: -6/46

Bandit 4: 46/46

ID: 25301

Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9

Mob Dice 1: 3 (Evasion +2) = 1

Beginning his counter offensive Calrex watched as the bandit ran at him, planning to continue his assault. His arms were far back over his left shoulder, his sword so far back it seemed it would pull the mob back.

"Geezes, talk about telegraphing your move. I can see that coming a mile away."

As the enemy got into striking range Calrex watched as the bandit brought his sword over in a full-body swing. However, as the blade descended Calrex was already long gone from his original standing position, the tip smashing into the ground. By this point Calrex had moved behind the bandit, his Grand Maelstrom trained on the opponent's back. Thrusting forward he executed a fierce stab which pushed the bandit away as he stepped forward, assuming a stance with his sword arm in front, almost similar to a fencer's stance.

"Alright once shot in. Four to five more of those and I should be done with this quest."

HP List

Calrex: 85/93 (Disguise Recharged)

Enemies:

Bandit 4: 37/46

ID: 25334

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4

Mob Dice 1: 8 (Evasion +2) = 6

Immediately following up on his attack Calrex rushed forward, using his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly close the distance before his eyes caught the bandit whirling around to face him, the mob's blade extended. "Tch...I should have expected that a enraged AI pattern would pull that move. Wildly failing its sword around, a 180 turn with a horizontal slash falls into that category."

Since he was too close to dodge the blow Calrex raised his right shoulder to meet the blade, the strike glancing off of his pauldron and flying inches over the top of his head. A couple of the hair on top were cut by the blade as it passed by. Following the strike Calrex rolled to the side to get out of striking range, straightening his stance before giving a calming breath, "Ok, berserker AIs are very common in games. Basically I should avoid attacking them and let their crazed attacks create their own openings for me to exploit. Simple enough."

HP List

Calrex: 84/93

Enemies:

Bandit 4: 37/46

ID: 25335

Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage) (Paralyze Activation)

Mob Dice 1: 10 (Evasion +2) = 8 (+2 Damage)

As Calrex had suspected the bandit rushed forward, swinging its blade in a blind rage, aiming to get a blow on him. Giving a calming breath he weaved left and right, dodging blow after blow as each of the strikes ripped through the air where he was previously standing. Flicking the Grand Maelstrom into a reverse grip Calrex noted that the whirlpool patterns had begun to grow once again, signaling that the Paralyze effect was ready to be used, "About time..."

Watching at the bandit used a telegraphed move once again, a cleaving strike, Calrex rushed forward, placing himself inside of the mob's striking range. As the blade fell he moved further in so that his shoulder was right below where the bandit's sword handle was traveling. The pommel slammed down on the Grand Dragoon's pauldron, being unable to deflect off because of the geometry of the handle as Calrex gritted his teeth, tightening his grip on his sword before he spun his body to the side, cutting the bandit across the waist as he rotated out of the way. The familiar bolt of lightning effect occurred as he saw the Paralyze effect go to work, the bandit frozen in place.

"Good...now to take advantage of the stun time while I can."

HP List

Calrex: 83/93 (+5 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Bandit 4: 27/46 (Paralyzed Until Next Turn)

ID: 25336

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11 (Paralyze Activation)

Mob Dice 1: 5 (Evasion +2) = 3 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)

Twirling his sword back into its sheath Calrex gave a calming breath as he slid back into his modified iaido stance, his right hand gripping the handle of the Grand Maelstrom in a icepick grip, "Let's see if the Paralyze trigger persists."

Quickly rushing forward he drew his sword, the whirlpool patterns engulfing the face of the deep-sea blue blade, although the light blue outline did not appear. As he cut across the bandit once again the Paralyze effect persisted, the fading lightning bolt icon becoming solid once again. Since the bandit was unable to move from the previous strike it remained in the position from before, its blade in the middle of descending towards the ground.

Turning back to face his opponent Calrex gave a sigh of relief as he saw the bandit still unmoving, "Good, as long as that persists I'll only need to deal about two more blows to finish this."

HP List

Enemies:

Bandit 4: 18/46 (Paralyzed Until Next Turn)

ID: 25346

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10

Mob Dice 1: 8 (Evasion +2) = 6 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)

As Calrex twirled the Grand Maelstrom into a hammer grip he saw the whirlpool patterns begin to fade back into their original patterns once again he gave a small sigh, "Guess I've used up the effect for now. I don't know when it will activate once again, but at the least it allowed me to speed things along. Nonetheless I have a feeling it would be useless against some more defensive opponents. I might need to look into having another sword made. Well, that's a thought for another time. For now..."

He looked over, his eyes locking on the bandit as he gave a calming breath, "...let's get rid of you and finish this quest."

Rushing forward he delivered another passing slash across the bandit, sliding as he ended his attack. As he turned around to face his opponent once again Calrex saw the bandit's blade finally complete its arc, slamming into the ground as the Paralyze effect ended, giving a small sigh, "Well, alright then. Come on, give it one last shot and see if you can hit me."

HP List

Enemies:

Bandit 4: 9/46 (Paralyze End)

ID: 25347

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8

Mob Dice 1: 7 (Evasion +2) = 5

Loot Dice: 17 (Search and Detect +2) = 19

As the bandit turned to face Calrex the mob gave a final yell as he rushed forward, his sword in a stabbing position, preparing to try and drive his blade through the armored bluenette. However, as he got into striking range Calrex had enough time to close his eyes and sigh before the Grand Maelstrom came up, knocking the bandit's blade to the side, "You would have been better off using a rapier. That attack was easy to determine from a mile away. Oh well, maybe the next time you respawn your AI will learn from that."

Bringing his blade down in a diagonal cut Calrex ended the fourth bandit, his foe dissipating in a series of crystals. Making note of the bonus loot obtained he twirled his sword back into its sheath. At the same time he felt the effects of the potion wear off, fading from his body in a series of small lights, "Guess it really does only last for a battle. Nonetheless it was a significant buff. If I had fought without...well...I probably would still be fighting."

The battle over Roc descended back down, settling on his shoulder. Calrex gave a nod, "Alright, let's get heading back to the settlement. Nice work today."

Acknowledging the order the peregrine falcon took off back towards Vulcan Village, Calrex following below, his <<Reveal>> skill active to keep an eye our for any potential ambushes.

Loot List

1 Material

Bonus Loot: 230 col (Mob Health 46 * 5 col) + 1 Material

HP List

Enemies:

Bandit 4: 0/46

Arriving back in Vulcan Village Calrex gave a small sigh of relief for not having any further encounters while en route. Looking up he gave a nod to Roc as his familiar vanished in a flash of light, dematerializing, "Alright, another quest down. Guess I'd best be making my way back to the fourth floor. I think I'll probably rest for the rest of the day if possible. Nonetheless..."

He looked down at the Grand Dragoon, which held intact and seemed to be untouched, even from the multiple blows he had endured during the fight, "...Meo did a fine job with this armor. It's not as strong as the Grand Chariot, but maybe there's some kind of armament I can come up with to match it."

Heading towards the teleportation plaza Calrex gave a small smile. Upon arriving he quickly swiped on his menu before vanishing in a flash of light.

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • 1 Page Completed (400 col)
  • Quest Complete
    • 1 SP
    • Bonus Col: ID: 25355 / LD: 17 * 25 = 425 col
  • Monster Loot:
    • Bandit 1: 1 Material / 230 col + 1 Material
    • Bandit 2: 1 Material
    • Bandit 3: 1 Material
    • Bandit 4: 1 Material / 230 col +1 Material