[PP - F11] Girl & Boy Scouts <<Scouting floor 11>>

First floor's teleport gate, a slender yet well trained figure awaits in front of it checking the time. It was true that she arrived a bit earlier but she simply couldn't contain the accumulating excitement of going to the new front line floor. She had conflicting emotions about the following adventure but in time she had come to accept the fact that she had to disband her guild, Absolute Pin. She didn't regret the decision but couldn't help but feel sad about having to make it. And today she would meet with a former member of that guild and a , she'd like to think, one of the few close friends she still had. The self entitled Ultramarine Knight, Calrex, a tittle he long had even before joining the Azure Brigade.

She stood there, looking at the main plaza where the dreaded announcement was made on that first day. 'Its been over a year since then huh? and we barely scratched the surface of this place.' she thought, looking at her uncharacteristically full alert companion. It seems that Kimba recognized as well that they had a important job today and she couldn't afford to be lazy as usual.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Alright, looks like we're here Roc."

Calrex gave a calming breath as he descended the staircase that led over to the teleportation circle for the first floor. Soaring overhead with his blue peregrine falcon familiar, Roc, who gave a small screech of approval before slightly lowering his altitude. Reaching the bottom step he looked over to see that his former guild leader, Ariel, was already there with her own familiar, the white lion cub Kimba. "Looks like someone is excited to see the new floor. Best be prepared in any case."

With a few swipes on his menu he equipped one of the variations of his Grand Armament. First the Grand Chariot completely encapsulated his body in the deep-sea blue armor before the Grand Blade and Amethyst Charm appeared on the back of his hip. Walking over he gave a friendly wave before looking up, Roc acknowledging the gesture, flying down before settling on the end of Calrex's sheath, "Alright, looks like we're all set to go. Any last stops you needed to make before we set out?"

"I remember that supposedly a lot of information about the boss has already been obtained, but it wouldn't hurt to do some looking around. I haven't inspected any of the dungeons just yet, and there's gotta be something of interest while we're up there."

Giving a quick stretch he prepared himself as Roc casually continued to rest on the end of his sword sheath.

The first one to notice the two was Kimba, who's sharp senses noticed them since they entered her line of sigh. Usually she would ignore them until Cal would get closer and engage in conversation with Ariel and likely show her some attention as well. But this time she dashed out to greet the the blue clad man once she noticed the blue falcon above him. Ariel was a bit surprised by her companion's action but then realize that Kimba didn't meet Roc until now and continued to observe her furry friend. As soon as Roc landed on Cal's sheath Kimba tilted her head and raised her paw to greet the falcon and maybe befriend it. 

'I guess she recognized a fellow noble beast since she didn't attempt tom play with Roc but instead simply greeted him.' thought Ariel as she nodded to Cal's greeting and replied, mildly sarcastic: "If you'd like to pray for us, this floor does have a Cathedral nearby, but other than that..." she said, checking her overall gear for the last time. 'I might need to make some modifications depending on how this scouting goes.' she remarked, seeing as she had the same gear as always while Cal's seemed to change quite a bit overtime. 

"I'm good. Shall we go then?" asked the blonde with a smile, turning towards the gate, anxious to see what's on the other side.

As Kimba extended a paw in greeting to him Roc turned and stared for a second before giving a quick bow of his head and a quick shake with its talon before returning back to remaining perched on Calrex's scabbard. "Heh, well I'm not one of the faith, so I believe we can skip that stop and get started making our way to the gate. Might as well cover as much ground as we can before it gets dark."

Understanding Calrex's statment Roc immediately took off back into the sky, hovering overhead so that he could provide an overlooking watch of the area. At the same time Calrex gave a calming breath as he let his eyes relax, his <<Reveal>> skill activating as the landscape became see-through, allowing him to watch around for any potential ambushes. He gave a nod to Ariel, allowing the blonde to take point.

"I still haven't seen that many players on this floor just yet. I wonder why everyone is so hesitant to start setting up shop on this floor. It's certainly nothing like the tenth floor's design."

Letting out a sly smile as the blonde activates the gate, the two and their respective companions, find themselves teleported to <Taft>, the main settlement of the 11th floor. She would normally turn around and check if the rest of the party made it OK but her gaze was fixated on the massive building in the center. She unconsciously let out a soft ´wooooo´ as she would start admiring every inch and corner of its architecture. She instantly recognized the European influences, as she often traveled to various cities all around the world in order to attend important fencing tournaments IRL. But still the level of detail that was put in making the what she'd assume was a Cathedral, left her in awe. After a couple of minutes of studying the structure, the blonde felt goosebumps as Kimba, annoyed by her stillness, started rubbing against her right leg. This made Ariel snap out of her apparent daydream and make a small jump to the side. After throwing a mean gaze towards her companion, the blonde turned towards Calrex and Roc.

"Well, I didn't expect this. Here's your second and last chance for that prayer Cal." she said jokingly while turning her head around to observe their surroundings. "But still, this place is pretty amazing, just that Cathedral reminds me of the 'Sangrada Familia' church in Barcelona. This is bad... this place and the 10th's floor main settlement, Yomi, make me a bit homesick." she said with a slight blush and a tinge of melancholy in her voice.

As the group arrived on the eleventh floor Calrex did a quick look around at their surroundings, making note of the European-themed structures and environment. When Ariel directed his attention to the cathedral he gave a smirk, although this was not shown due to the stoic appearance of the Grand Chariot's helmet, "Well, at the last I'm glad it's not another kind of creepy themed-setting like the tenth floor was. It kind of reminds me in ways of the second and first floors, especially with the architecture."

"Ariel said that this place and the tenth floor make her kind of homesick. She mentioned Barcelona, but going from her background its no surprise if she traveled around the world. In any case we'd best started scanning around for anything that might serve as useful information."

"Heh, I think I'll pass this time on the cathedral. Let's go ahead and get started looking around. I know a couple of teams have already commenced their scouting trips here, so let's see if we can pick up on anything they might have missed."

Giving a calming breath he let his <<Reveal>> skill activate as he began to scan their surroundings, the semi-transparent landscape showing nothing of interest in the town.

There was something that kept bothering Ariel and she didn't hesitate to gave speech to her thought as she turned to face Cal. Her head partially tilted as she stared at him, examining him from top to bottom...better said looking at his armor: "Its been in my mind for a while, do you plan on getting a more....um 'fashionable' version of that armor? Don't get me wrong I dig the whole 'solemn knight' thing you've got there but some people might be intimidated by it. A former initiate of ours had a similar 'black knight' theme but he said that he would change it shortly. Have you considered stripping it down to basic parts only?" she said in a sincere tine, pointing at her own vambraces and shoulder pads as she continued. "Instead of a full body armor you could lose the helmet, get a chest plate, shoulder pads, gauntlets and knee pads.... IDK, protect the vitals only and gain a little more mobility." she said, offering her advice as a tailor, thinking about stealth, evasion and mobility instead of protection.

In any case, she started walking on the streets. The level of detail once again got her exited how the tightly packed buildings on the side of the narrow streets left little room for no more than a two way street with one band each. Again this type of architecture reminded her of Venice, of all places, the old town to be precise.. where the tourists would find themselves going with the wave of people since the streets left little room for independent movements(IRL experienced fact). A chuckle escaped her lips as she was apparently more like a tourist there instead of part of a scouting party. "Hey Cal, have you ever been to Europe?" she asked, while throwing a quick glance behind to make sure the others were near her. 

"Heh, actually I do have a more barebones version of the Grand Chariot. I commissioned it from Meo a little while back as a way for me to practice taking advantage of my skill with wearing armor, rather then becoming reliant on it to protect me every time. I just figured that since we don't know what monsters we will encounter on this floor, it would be a good idea for me to maximize my equipment for this trip."

"I've only had a chance to try it out a couple of times, but I have no complaints so far. Grandmastering Heavy Armor was definitely a good choice, at least if I'm going to be useful at all during the raids. Since I unknowingly decided to go with a bruiser build, it's a way of maximizing me towards attack or defense for now. However, there's still no one I can think of that can trump the defender category like Tristan did. Even from that short duel it was clear I probably would have lost even if he didn't make a single attack."

Looking up Calrex made sure that Roc was sticking with the group before addressing Ariel's question, "The most time I've spent in Europe was a short week for a family cruise in the Northern Baltic area, so if you meant anywhere below that unfortunately no."

"Oooo. With a bit of luck I might get to see that version. I hope your pleased with Meo.. even if the guild had disbanded, I still see her as my kawaii student if not protégé. One of these days I'll have to commission a new weapon from her... or I might go a bit crazy and get myself a small buckler like Oikawa. It's not like I never used one....even IRL, it was part of basic training but I fear that would change my style drastically." she said following Cal's gaze, looking up at Roc and then around her. But her companion has already taken point and left the two to chat undisturbed as she was making way for them. A custom that she acquired while taking long walks on the busy streets of the Starting City.

"Now that I think of it we really complement a bit in terms of build. You focusing on defense while I aim to be a damage dealer. This will help us greatly when we get to the dungeon tower." remarked the blonde as they apparently were nearing the exit gates of Taft.

"Definitely. I didn't really realize it until I got to where I am now, but I guess that the way I've allocated my points and such as made me to some level adaptable for many team situations. The only thing I need to change around is my gear."

"I guess in a way it was because I've been fighting alongside Teayre for so long that I adapted myself to work well with her without realizing it myself. Heh, nonetheless I have no regrets with the way my character came out. He's still fairly strong on his own, but he seems to excel the most in team combat."

"I've really only just been testing it out so far. At the moment my strongest armament appears to be the one I have equipped, although I do have another sword should we encounter a more evasive opponent. I've been building my arsenal so that should the need arise I can easily switch out to whatever would work best against an opponent. Actually, since we're both going on this trip I think it might work well in this situation."

Making a few swipes on his menu his sword switched out with an almost identical sword, although the features that were different were unseen since it was still in the sheath. The Grand Maelstrom, his anti-evasive combatant weapon. Originally he had it made to be a general purpose anti-malicious player weapon, but after his battle with Tristan he thought that he might need to add another sword with a different effect to his arsenal soon, but he would wait until Oikawa's forge was back in business before contemplating it.

"Pretty convenient, seems you put a lot of thought in your gear." she said, praising him for his thoroughness regarding equipment then continuing: "I for one am a bit old fashion. Once I find the combination that suits my style I do little changes to it and I also like it to be as minimal as possible... guess I'm thinking more IRL terms.

'Still, a equipment rework is long overdue... I'll have to think more about it before the boss fight' she thought while her hair was blown back by a sudden gust of wind. Raising her gaze the blonde discovered that they were nearing the exit of Taft as a large forest filled with random mounds could be seen on the other side of the gate. She was kind of disappointed that this place didn't have some sort of guardians, like Yomi's dragons. 

Looking as her familiar halts in front of the exit she suddenly remembers something and with a couple of elegant hand gestures she summons a item from her inventory... a recording crystal of sorts labeled 'Gold Ringer'. She then turns around to face Cal as she speaks: "Okay, item#1 in acquiring enemy intel: monster summoner. I think, since we have no idea what mobs would jump on us I propose we summon one ourselves and see how it fares in battle, in a 'controlled environment'. What do you think?" she asked while holding the ringer in her left hand. 

"A monster summon huh? Haven't seen one in use before, so why not?"

As Ariel produced the item she was planning to use Calrex gave a nod before lowering himself into his modified iaido stance, gripping his sword handle with his right hand in a reverse grip. Roc took note of the group's position and lowered his altitude so that he was a few feet above, acting as Calrex's second set of eyes in battle, preparing to look for any weak points or openings that the armored player could exploit.

"I still haven't seen combat on this floor, so definitely spawning a monster like this would prove safer than just wandering around looking for one."

"Alright Ariel, I'm all set when you're ready."

Taking Cal's cue, Ariel activated the item and threw it a couple of meters into the forest in front of them. The next second a soft sound could be heard and a massive amount of polygons starts accumulating, shortly taking the form of a massive biped 4 armed ant that wore a while cloak and wielded a massive spear. It lets out a small screech as it finished it virtual 'birth' and was eyeing the two, looking for its potential target while its antennas where moving a bit chaotic most likely due to some behavior program start.

"Ants?...That's a bit anticlimactic, I was expecting something a bit more....overwhelming but either way, go ahead Cal. Let's see what he's got." said the blonde as she had measured the mob head to toe and then unsheathed her own rapier in one practiced move that showed only elegance in her action.

Calrex: 93 / 93 HP

Ariel: 73 / 73 HP 

Ant General: 46/46

* Does 6 basic damage

** On a nat. BD of 10 the mob grips his spear with all its hands and thrusts it forwards, stunning the target with most aggro. 

ID: 25051

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7

Watching as the bipedal ant appeared, four of its original six legs serving as arms as it bore a fierce looking spear, "Heh, well I'm not fully accustomed to spears, but there's no real threat if I can get past the point. Sure in general warfare they serve superior to swords, but any weapons is useless if it doesn't land a hit."

Using his <<Sprint>> ability he quickly accelerated towards the monster, preparing to draw his Grand Maelstrom at the same time. As he got into striking range he cut across the creature's torso while fully unsheathing the blade in one fluid motion. The strike hit true as it cut across the creature's abdomen while Calrex passed alongside it, turning around after doing so to keep the creature in view, "Alright Ariel go for it."

HP List

Calrex: 93/93

Ariel: 73/73

Enemies:

Ant General: 39/46

Ariel didn't notice it before but as he drew his sword, she started to think about her first apprentice, a certain dark skinned, silver haired young man that used a similar fighting style. "Iaijutsu?" she muttered softly, trying to remember the name of that particular technique that focused more in the way one draws his sword more than actually fighting with it. Even if it would come handy in a first strike, surprise attack situation like this. She wasn't too familiar with it so she decided to let it be and started preparing her own attack.

After entering her attack stance, she slowly started lowering her weight center in the same time, her body started emitting a faint golden glow. By the moment Cal called her name she was already entering the <<Charge>> skill's pre-move and in the next instant she would dart forth at god-like speed, leaving only a golden-blue streak that slowly started dissipating from her initial position to where she was now. Right in front of the mob, with her rapier skillfully impaled in its abdomen. The giant ant grabbed its spear with 2 of its hand and tried to slash her, but the blonde would do a back flip and graciously land 2 meters in front of it.  

Moving her hair behind her neck in one move with her left hand, she addressed Calrex: "A bit of a downer, I thought it would put up more of a fight. In any case lets finish it and go find ourselves that boss room."

ID: 25078  BD: 9 [Critical Hit]  MD: 5 (8-3eva) [Miss] (Savvy Activated)

[1H] Calrex: 93 / 93 HP

[2H] Ariel: 73 / 73 HP 

Ant General: 24/46 (-15)

* Does 6 basic damage

** On a nat. BD of 10 the mob grips his spear with all its hands and thrusts it forwards, stunning the target with most aggro. 

ID: 25138

Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage) (Paralyze Activation)

Calrex gave a nod as he heard Ariel comment on the low level of challenge the creature provided the two of them, the thought reminding him of the time that he and Ssendom took on the Snow Beast in his repeat run of the <<Essence of Steel>> quest. Even with the creature's ability to partially phase through armor and high amount of HP, the creature didn't even get to drop either of their health bars past 3/4.

"Heh, just goes to show you can be as powerful as ever, all of it is still useless if you can't score a hit."

"Yeah, let's make this quick."

As he twirled the Grand Maelstrom into a hammer grip the deep sea blue steel began to become engulfed in the growing whirlpool patterns, a sign that the Paralyze effect of his sword had triggered as he rushed forward, the outline of his sword glowing a bright blue as his left fist became surrounded in the yellow glow of his <<Martial Arts>> skill. He brought his arms up in a different positioning that he usually did, preparing a technique from one of the more brutal martial arts he had dabbled in: The Filipino fighting style of kali/arnis/escrima, depending on who you asked. His left arm came across his body, its fist positioned just a few inches above his hip, while his right arm was bent, the forearm parallel with his body.

Coming into striking range he swung with his arm arm first, the sword cutting across the shoulder line from right to left. A split second after his left followed, striking with a sideways hammer blow to the ant's lower right arm's joint. Following that he executed three attacks from the left side, a jabbing strike to the supper left arm, followed by another hammer blow from his left arm to the same area. The third strike hit the same area with his right arm one again, cutting across from left to right.

Immediately after he came again from the right side with two blows to the head, first with his left hand followed by his sword. It was a fairly basic two-handed attack flow for the art that could be used either unhanded or armed: The Heaven-Earth 6.

The places where Calrex struck with the Grand Maelstrom sparked with electricity as the Paralyze effect took action, stunning the creature as Calrex leapt back, "Alright, it's not gonna be moving for a while. Go for it Ariel."

HP List

(Hate: 3) Calrex: 93/93

(Hate: 2) Ariel: 73/73

Enemies:

Ant General: 15/46 (Paralyzed Until Next Turn)

Seeing Cal land a successful succession of blows make Ariel tilt her head in wonder for a second. "What happened to the refined iaijutsu?" she muttered, not speaking to Calrex directly, more like thinking out loud. "And here I was, thinking that you refined your style a bit" she said shaking her head in disapproval while entering a attack stance and dashing towards the mob, this time with significantly less speed than when she used the charge skill but still fast compared to a normal running action. Fixing her target into the mob's lower abdomen, she made a couple of faints not because the paralyze would wear of but by muscular memory since this is a attack pattern she would often use.

She successfully landed her blow and made a couple of steps back, showing a displeased expression while thinking 'Too easy!'. its HP was already in the red zone so Ariel was sure that Cal's next strike would slay it. She only hoped that he would be lucky enough to have a nice loot drop.

"Oi Cal, finish it so we can get our loot and get going." She then showed a sadistic smile: "There are still lots of mobs to slay until we reach that boss room."

ID: 25146  BD: 8 [Hit] (4+3acc+1savvy)  MD: 4 (7-3eva) [Miss]  Paralyzed

[2H] Calrex: 93 / 93 HP

[3H] Ariel: 73 / 73 HP 

Ant General: 5/46 (-10)

* Does 6 basic damage

ID: 25147

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11

Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2) = 10

Calrex gave a smirk under his helmet as he heard Ariel make a comment about the strange shift in his fighting style, as if confused by the quick change in his styles.

"Heh, well, I never really developed a specific style. My fighting tactics are just a hodgepodge of various skills from multiple martial arts. Guess it makes sense for me, but to others who have trained only under a few styles would be confused."

Seeing that the ant had yet to attack he decided to switch back to a kendo technique he had used fairly frequently in the past, but mainly as a critical attack. Now that he had become more skilled in sword usage he had begun to use it in a lesser form, although still powerful. Sliding his stance so that he had his back facing the ant for a second he brought his right arm up like before, although this time the Grand Maelstrom faced to his left side rather than his right like when he used the Heaven Earth 6. Bringing his left hand up to meet the end of the handle he quickly slid his left foot forward, executing the three slashes of his Swallow Return attack. First the sword came from low left, cutting across to top right, followed by a top middle to bottom middle slash, finishing with a low right to top left slash.

The three strikes came out almost simultaneously, creating a six pointed star pattern that cleaved the ant into six pieces before the monster dissipated into crystals. Calrex gave a breath of relief as he twirled his sword into a reverse grip before sheathing it back into the scabbard, "Alright, that's done with. Yeah let's get a move on."

Loot List

1 Material

HP List

(Hate: 3) Calrex: 93/93

(Hate: 3) Ariel: 73/73

Enemies:

Ant General: -2/46 (Paralyzed Until Next Turn)

Seeing Cal finish the mob made Ariel a bit jealous. She wasn't all that for fame but would always take the change in showing her hard earned skills. It was a small vanity thing that she would allow herself to indulge in. Either way, she raised an eyebrow once she saw what technique he had used to terminate their opponent. 'A 3 hit move?' she asked herself while contemplating over a modified but similar slashing version of the consecutive hit 'skills' she would often use against stronger foes.

"Very well Cal, as much as I hate to admit it, your 'raw' fighting style does have its pros and it appears to suit you well enough." she then sheaths her weapon and begins walking towards the forest nearby, on the road that went straight into it. She would only guess where it ended but as long as she had her HUD map and compass they would always find their way back easily. If worst comes to be, they can always use teleport crystals to get out of harm's way.With that in mind the blonde stopped and half turned towards Calrex:

"Hey did you bring a teleport crystal?" she simply asked as she started browsing her inventory.

The next second, the blonde immediately reached to Kimba's roaring and dodged to the left. Almost the same instant, a small weapon which was some sort of a dagger, could be seen striking the spot she had been previously. Next 3 figures made their presence known from behind the forest treeline. "Ambush!" she shouted as she drew her rapier and tried to back off to where Cal was. Unfortunately another figure came between them and struck Ariel from the side. She was propelled to the left and now, she and Cal were split apart and the ambushing party was now in a 2vs1 formation with each of them.

The sudden rush of pain made her greet her teeth but she quickly stood up and eyed her opponents. Two ant men, that as she judged by their frame, were far weaker than the one they just defeated. "I guess that spear wielding guy was some sort of mid-leveled mob, these dagger and sword wielding bas***ds seem to be even lower than him. Let's get ourselves rid of these nuisances and carry on." She then took a offensive position and once again started lowering her stance in order to activate her <<Charge>> skill. Luckily for her the second mob, probably the one that threw the dagger, was at a bit of a distance from her and she was able to use her only active skill on it. She found herself once again in front of the target with her rapier deeply impaling it in its right shoulder, making it drop the dagger that it had prepared for a second throw. She was now in full combat mode and a little bit bloodthirsty as she was sucker punched by the sword wielding mob.

ID: 25188  BD: 8 [Hit]  MD#1: 5 (8-3eva) [Miss] (Savvy activated)

ID: 25193  MD#2: 10 [Critical hit]

Ariel: 71 / 73 HP (-2: 6-4 Dmg Mit)

Ant Ambusher#1: 10 / 24 HP (-14)

Ant Ambusher#2: 24 / 24 HP

Calrex: 93 / 93 HP

Ant Ambusher#3: 24 / 24 HP

Ant Ambusher#4: 24 / 24 HP

*mobs do a normal 4 dmg

(we can change the mob HP if you like, I just put it for my own comfort *evil princess laugh*

OOC: Nah it's fine as is, XD

ID: 25197-25198

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7 (Disregarded Due to Howl)

Mob Dice 1: 4 (Evasion +2) = 2

Mob Dice 2: 8 (Evasion +2) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

<<Howl>> Activated

"Tch, guess I forgot to look around for more enemies after the last fight."

Seeing Ariel get knocked away from their location, a few paces away, Calrex let his <<Reveal>> skill activate as the landscape went transparent for a second. It appeared that there were no other ambushers lying in wait at the moment, meaning that these four new monsters were the only other ones in the area. Giving a calming breath he drew the Grand Maelstrom in a reverse grip, "If they're weaker this will be a quick fight then. Might wanna cover your ears!"

The light blue aura chains formed around his arms and legs, beginning to spin rapidly as he raised his sword high, the tip trained on the ground in front of him. Like a bomb reaching critical mass Calrex stabbed his sword into the ground, the sound of metal piercing the earth amplified by the explosive noise of the chains exploding from his body, his <<Howl>> skill activating as the noise flew past the four ants. Their original split formation tactics seemed to have been temporarily disregarded as Calrex's aggro quickly surpassed Ariel's, the four ants now looking at him.

As he extracted his sword from the ground Calrex gave a smirk, concealed by his helmet as he flicked his sword into a hammer grip, "Alrighty, let's see what you four have got."

The two closest to him rushed forward, the third ant slashing with its sword. With each strike Calrex leaned his body left and right, avoiding each blow until the fourth creature rushed forward, managing to stab him. However, the attack's momentum was killed in an instant when it reached the Grand Chariot, the deep-sea blue armor holding fast against the blade. The light tap triggered its Thorns ability, the chains forming around the struck area before exploding, pelting the ant with shards as Calrex gave another exhale, "These things aren't even a challenge. I could have probably taken them on wearing the Grand Dragoon."

HP List

Ariel: 71/73

Calrex: 92/93 (+7 Mitigation)

Enemies:

(A: 1 / C: 3) Ant Ambusher 1: 10/24

(A: 0 / C: 3) Ant Ambusher 2: 24/24

(A: 0 / C: 3) Ant Ambusher 3: 24/24

(A: 0 / C: 3) Ant Ambusher 4: 23/24 (+1 Thorns)