[PP - F11] Girl & Boy Scouts <<Scouting floor 11>>

'Of course he has <<Howl>>' thought Ariel as she saw the blue clad player attract all the mobs with a unusual display of that particular skill. "Nice one Cal, as expected of a former Rook."she said with a half smile. Either way, now he had all the head and the blonde had the job to lower it down. She targeted the already wounded mob and rushed at it from behind. She critical hit it, as her rapier's black tip could be seen exiting through his chest. In the next instant, it exploded in polygons, leaving behind a mere crafting material. The blonde ignored it as she directed her attention to the mob that initially hit her, lowering her HP. It rushed at Calrex and managed to do a vertical slash, slightly damaging him. The mob showed a satisfied grin as he saw his hit land. The blonde internally cursed for going after a weaker opponent instead of him. 

ID: 25356  BD: 9 [Critical Hit]  MD#1: 2 (3-3eva) [Miss]  LD: 2 

ID: 25357  MD#2: 9 [Critical hit]

Ariel: 71/73

Calrex: 91/93 (6-7 Mitigation)

(A: 3 / C: 3) Ant Ambusher 1: -1/24 (-11) Dead, Loot: None

(A: 0 / C: 3) Ant Ambusher 2: 24/24

(A: 0 / C: 3) Ant Ambusher 3: 24/24

(A: 0 / C: 3) Ant Ambusher 4: 23/24 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 25363-25364

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8

Mob Dice 1: 4 (Evasion +2) = 2

Mob Dice 2: 3 (Evasion +2) = 1

Calrex looked over as the second ant managed to connect its vertical slash to his shoulder. However, as the blow connected he was able to slightly angle his body, the blow being partially deflected so that most of the damage was avoided. He looked as the ant gave a smirk, proud of its attack. Calrex gave a smirk underneath his helmet as he flicked his Grand Maelstrom into a reverse grip, "You sure you should be smiling right now?"

Quickly rotating his body he dealt a quick strike across the ant's abdomen before leaping back, aiming to position himself so that the four monsters would come at him from a single direction. Looking to his right he saw the third and fourth ants rushing at him, their weapons at the ready. Keeping his sword in a reverse grip Calrex easily parried away their blows before rolling to the side, "Still no threat so far. Alright then stay focused..."

HP List

Calrex: 91/93 (+7 Mitigation)

Enemies:

(A: 3 / C: 3) Ant Ambusher 1: -1/24

(A: 0 / C: 4) Ant Ambusher 2: 17/24

Despite being mildly hit and aggro all the mobs, Cal still had time to taunt the one that managed to strike him. That made him a little more respect in Ariel's eyes. He did had the gear and skills to back off that confidence but that was another matter. The blonde watched as he evaded the remaining two mobs and came into a more comfortable defending position while facing all the attackers. They all had their backs turned towards her, which made her job more easy. Lowering her stance as before, she next activated her <<Charge>> skill and found herself impaling the unsuspecting mob from behind, with a pinpoint thrust into his weapon wielding shoulder. She had expected that the mob would lessen the grip on his sword but instead he raised it and perform a diagonal slash from the top right to bottom left, hitting Cal once again. Despite being hit 2 times by the bluenette and the blonde the ant ambusher still kept his smirk as he too dealt damage once again to Cal. Ariel didn't saw the grin as she made a couple steps back assessing once again the battle situation. "This sure beats fighting on my own. Its like they're offering themselves to me on a silver plate, exposing their backs to me so casually" said the blonde with a grin of her own.

ID: 25366  BD: 7 [Hit]  MD#2: 10 [Critical Hit]  

Calrex: 90/93 

(A: 3 / C: 3) Ant Ambusher 1: -1/24 (-11)

(A: 1 / C: 4) Ant Ambusher 2: 3/24 (-14)

(you should change you Hp.. got hit.. even with your mitigation, you get damaged by 1.or am I missing something?)

(second roll was uncalled for since the first mob died..

OOC: Yeah, the HP I forgot to edit after copy pasting XP.

IC:

ID: 25371-25372

Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)  (Paralyze Activation)

Mob Dice 1: 4 (Evasion +2) = 2

Mob Dice 2: 2 (Evasion +2) = 0

Loot Dice: 17 (Search and Detect +2) = 19

<<Parry>> Activated (Half Damage Until Next Turn, Full Damage Dealt Due to Critical Hit)

"Well, this one is certainly persistent, and just a little bit too confident for his current state."

As the ant struck him once again Calrex gave a small sigh as the Grand Chariot deflected most of the blow once again. "Whelp, so much for that."

Flicking the Grand Maelstrom into a hammer grip Calrex erupted forward, impaling the ant through the head before driving the creature headfirst into the ground, going down on one knee to increase the force of the descent. Immediately following hitting the earth the second ant dissipated into a series of crystals. Following its demise Calrex quickly got to his feet and faced the other two ants that remained.

Both rushed at him at the same time, their blades trained on the armored player as they unleashed a combined flurry of blows. Giving his sword a quick kick Calrex activated his <<Parry>> skill as he began to twirl the sword around him in a defensive barrier of rotational spins. Strike after strike met the seemingly infinite series of spins as he continued to maintain his defense, "Alright Ariel these guys have their backs exposed. Give them a quick prodding!"

Loot List

1 Material

HP List

Calrex: 90/93 (+7 Mitigation)

Enemies:

(A: 1 / C: 6) Ant Ambusher 2: -6/24

OOC: k.. my mobs seem to like to crit you.. good thing we didn't give them 10 dmg:)

IC: "Got it!"confidently replied the blonde as readied herself to once again activate her charge. All was good as she lowered her stance, blade raised to her eye level as she slowly guided it near her cheek. As her body started glowing, she was ready to activate the skill.... until she saw Calrex's next move. He started spinning his weapon like helicopter blades, creating some sort of shield that deflected all the remaining ant ambusher's attempts to strike him. She unconsciously canceled her skill casting as she let out a sigh and lowered her weapon, bringing her left hand to her face, covering it completely as she shook her head in disapproval. "What are you doing?" she asked in a sad tone. Using such a fantasy move, even if it worked, made Ariel a bit disappointed. To her, this move was conceivable IRL thus even in this virtual place, to her it was a ugly thing to do, almost disrespectful. She actually felt a bit offended by such a display of..... 'original' to say the least, defending action as her pride as a professional swordsman kicked in. Thus, she completely missed her chance to attack just to show her 'disapproval' towards such displays. In the meanwhile as one of the ants was send back by Calrex's parry, the other one took it head on and manage to deal the minimum amount of dmg.

ID: 25373  BD: 1 [Epic Fail]  MD#3: 3 (5-2eva) [Miss]

ID: 25374  MD#4: 9 [Critical hit]

Calrex: 89/93 (+7 Mitigation)

(ffs a 1 on my roll and a 9 on the second one that I can't use:((

OOC: Lol I know! Those are the worst XP. Also dang I'm glad they don't! O_O

ID: 25375

Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6

"Uh...what just happened?"

Calrex felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head as he saw Ariel preparing her attack...before suddenly dropping it. Seeing her facepalm made him give a small sigh to himself as the blow from the fourth ant glanced off of the Grand Chariot. As it was pulled to the side by the deflected momentum he quickly lowered his body, activating <<Sprint>> as he rushed forward, performing a quick passing slash across the abdomen of the third ant before kicking off, using <<Acrobatics>> to leap back where he started, flicking the Grand Maelstrom into a reverse grip.

"Guess she really does try to perform only realistic moves within the game. Well I guess the Parry skill wouldn't really be considered possibly, but all that the skill does is activate the assist system so that I can easily move my arm to meet whatever opposing attack is incoming. The technique itself has been done, I believe somewhere they referred to it as a moulinet or something. Course I've kind of adapted it so that I can put it to good use in the game."

"Ariel you alright over there?"

HP List

Calrex: 89/93 (+7 Mitigation)

Enemies:

(A: 0 / C: 4) Ant Ambusher 3: 15/24

Her eyebrow twitched at his question. "I'm just fine Cal... I just... can't. Fight how you like, I won't comment on it anymore,I'll just go with the 'whatever rocks your boat' saying. " she said in a half sad voice, realizing her own arrogance. People are free to fight how they see fit and if this game provides some realistically impossible perks then so be it. She would stay true to her training and that's all that mattered. With this new found conviction, the blonde eyed the mobs and prepared to attack.

The mob that got hit staggered for a while and then attempted a half-baked attack that missed by a mile. The other mob instead took advantage of the situation and managed to slip next to Calrex, slashing him horizontal over his torso. This mob too showed a smirk thinking that he already won the fight, even if 2 of his comrades died and 1 was wounded. Stupid creatures.

ID: 25408  BD: 1 [Epic Fail]  MD#3: 4 (6-2eva) [Miss]

ID: 25409  MD#4: 10 [Critical hit]

Calrex: 88/93 (+7 Mitigation)

Enemies:

(A: 0 / C: 4) Ant Ambusher 3: 15/24

(not 1 but 2 critical fails...lol

OOC: Lol XD

IC:

ID: 25411

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11 (Paralyze Activation)

Giving a nod Calrex returned his focus back to the two monsters in front of him. One had successfully struck him once again, making note of the smirk it had just given, "I'm just going to attribute that to some AI programming. Whenever it scores a hit it smirks, a fairly simple algorithm. I'm sure some people that think on more human terms might think it's being smug, but these are programs. Anything it does for the most part has already been embedded in its coding, as realistic as it can seem."

Facing the third ant once again the Grand Maelstrom's whirlpool patterns began to grow once again, the face of the sword seeming to turn white from the ocean foam. Calrex quickly used his <<Sprint>> ability as he delivered yet another passing slash across the ant's thorax, although this time a long light blue slash afterimage appeared. The blue streak remained in the air for a split second before turning into a flash of lightning, the Paralyze effect taking place. The small lightning bolt icon appeared next to the creature's health as Calrex quickly turned and kept his eyes on the two.

"Alright that one should go down in the next strike or two. After that one more to go."

HP List

Enemies:

(A: 0 / C: 5) Ant Ambusher 3: 8/24 (Paralyzed Until Next Turn)

Seeing Cal get hit once again, left a unpleasant taste in her mouth. She entered her <<Charge>> stance and went for the one Mob that managed to hit him so many times, still inflicting minimum damage. This time she inflicted maximum amount of damage on it as she found herself behind it, stabbing her black bladed rapier through its lungs. As the target was already paralyzed she had no hesitation in seizing the opportunity and taking its pixelated life. As the mob disappeared, leaving nothing behind, Ariel turned towards the last standing ambusher. She asked in a half satisfied voice: "You think it knows what's coming for it?" she asked Cal.

ID: 25412  BD: 8 (5+3acc) [Hit]  MD#3: 5 (7-2eva) [Miss] Paralyzed   LD: 7 (No Loot)

ID: 25413  MD#4: 2 [Miss]

Enemies:

(A: 1 / C: 5) Ant Ambusher 3: -6/24

ID: 25418

Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)(Paralyze Activation)

"Probably not, I would guess that kind of AI programming wouldn't be the case with the crazy amount of aggro these things can get. In any case best we finish it off. The last time I let a creature get away it came back with some tougher friends."

Twirling his sword into its sheath Calrex gave a calming breath before rushing forward, using his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly accelerate and close the distance. As he drew his sword in a draw cut once again the Grand Maelstrom was not only engulfed in the foamy white pattern of the whirlpools, but the edge also glowed a faint light blue as he cut through the creature, leaving yet another ling blue streak in the air. As the Paralyze triggered once again the ant remained stuck in place as he turned to face the creature, "Alright just a couple more hits and we should be done here."

HP List

Enemies:

(A: 0 / C: 7) Ant Ambusher 4: 15/24 (Paralyzed Until Next Turn)

Ariel showed a greedy smile as she heard him talk: "Letting your prey escape? That's not something a efficient hunter would do. Don't tell me that you felt sorry for it?" She said ending with a suttle chuckle as she engaged the mob. Her move was simple, a rapid 6 consecutive stabs action that targeted the shoulder(arms) and knee joints. This wasn't something that she knew from IRL but rather a technique that she developed for fighting humanoid mobs, especifically the ones at the 10th floor. She usually would do 4 stabs but quickly adapted it to the current mob.

Either way, this has left the already paralyzed mob without any means of escape. He could neither run or try to parry a hit as his arms went limp, even dropping its weapon.

The blonde let out a 'Tsk' as the mob only had a slither of its red hp bar. She turned towards Cal as she sheathed her blade:" I guess its your kill. Finish it and lets find that dungeon, we wasted enough time with these weaklings." She said with conviction in her voice.

ID: 25428 BD: 8 [Hit] MD#3: 9 [Miss] Paralyzed

Enemies:

(A: 1 / C: 6) Ant Ambusher 2: -6/24

(A: 1 / C: 5) Ant Ambusher 3: -6/24

(A: 0 / C: 3) Ant Ambusher 4: 5/24 (-10)

ID: 25439

Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6

Loot Dice: 6 (Search and Detect +2) = 8

"Heh, well I wouldn't have, but dealing with that particular one was certainly a nuisance. I swear its getaway speed was ten times faster than normal or something."

Watching as Ariel's attack concluded Calrex gave a nod before rushing forward, his sword arm back, blade low to the ground. As he got into striking range he gave a calming breath before unleashing a double upwards X cut, ending with his sword arm back on the same side. The two cleaving cuts finished off the ant as it dissipated into crystals. With the encounter over he sheathed the Grand Maelstrom before activating his <<Reveal>> skill once more to scan for any further enemies, "Alright, it looks like we're in the clear in terms of any other ambushes. Let's go ahead and keep moving."

HP List

Enemies:

(A: 0 / C: 7) Ant Ambusher 4: -2/24

"Is that what your eyes tell you?" asked Ariel in dramatic tone, quoting a unnamed anime phrase. Then she looks around as well and pick their route, they travel throughout the forest and try to evade the holes in the ground, which by now they know or at least suspect that are ant colonies. "Geez, I already hate this floor, it reminds me of the 2nd one but with more giant ants " she said in a joking tone as they neared the labyrinth tower. The structure was similar to the ones from the lower floor with a big difference. While the other floor dungeon towers had a pretty straightforwards entrance, this one had 4 entrance caves. As the two faced them the blonde stopped and pondered.."Okay.. which one?" she asked turning towards the guy with a 'see through walls' skill.

ID: 25625 LD: 16

ID: 25649
Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +2) = 17

"Hm...let's see..."

Calrex focused his <<Reveal>> skills vision on the four entryways that Ariel had pointed out as he moved slightly closer, trying to see if he could get a bearing as to which one was moving which way.

"Geeze it's like trying to find one wire in a jumbled up bundle of them. Alright that one goes there...the second goes there...the third comes around and wraps around that way. The fourth goes..."

Letting his eyes rest for a second Calrex gave a small exhale before deciding, "It looks like the second entrance from the left might be our best bet. The other three seem to go far off route that they actually move out of my skill's range."

"I feel like this might be way too easy. I would suspect we'll probably be encountering a lot more monsters inside the tower, at least eight or nine groups if I had to give a number. Guess we'd best be prepared."

Edited by Calrex

Ariel nodded and started walking towards the indicated place. Before entering the dark cave, she summoned her inventory and removed the 'Firefly Essence' from it. She'd only used it on the 10th floor but this SAO 'glow stick' might be useful even here. Once she entered the complete darkness and made sure it was OK, she motioned Cal to follow. Readying her weapon for whatever might cross their path.

The place wasn't as dark as she thought but still, having extra light wasn't a inconvenience as the two advanced into the unknown. This has been a pleasant travel so far, fighting some insignificant mobs while having the opportunity to converse a bit. The blonde couldn't help but guess what was on Calrex's mind but she needed to stay focused. Some rumbling noises could be heard in front of them. Ariel raised the light source in front of her while proceeding with caution.

They were greeted by a small dome that housed a ant hill like the ones outside. The blonde let out a 'tsk' sound with her tongue as several mobs started pouring up from the top of it. "I guess we have to fight our way forward" she said in a somehow excited tone. Backing of a bit to let cal use his <<HOWL>> skill while she focused on one of the enemies. She started lowering her stance and concentrated on the first mob to face them, the moment she had entered the perfect <<Pre-motion>> she <<Charged>> towards the mob and found herself stabbing it in its torso. She showed a pleased smile as she hit her target. "Okay Cal your move!" she said in a ecstatic voice.

ID: 25996  BD: 6  (2+3acc +1<<Concentration>>)

Ariel: 71/73 HP

Calrex: 88/93 HP

Ant Soldier#1: 6/20 HP (-14)

Ant Soldier#2: 20/20 HP

Ant Soldier#3: 20/20 HP

Ant Soldier#4: 20/20 HP

Ant Soldier#5: 20/20 HP

*mobs do 5 basic dmg 

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

ID: 26000
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
<<Howl>> Activated

Taking note of Ariel's attack Calrex quickly began to prepare his <<Howl>> ability once again. Flipping the Grand Maelstrom into a reverse grip he raised it high over his head as the light blue aura chains began to rapidly spiral around his limbs, building up to a climax. As it reached that point he stabbed his sword into the ground, activating the skill as the chains erupted from his body, sending out a loud shockwave of sound that resonated throughout the area. Immediately affecting the five ants in the vicinity they turned to face him as Calrex extracted his sword from the ground, "This is starting to become like clockwork when I'm in a team against multiple opponents. Alright, these creatures certainly seem like they would be more accurate than the ones we fought previously. Best be cautious."

"Alright I've got their attention Ariel, keep up the pressure!"

HP List

Calrex: 88/93

Enemies:
(A: 0 / C: 3) Ant Soldier 1: 6/20
(A: 0 / C: 3) Ant Solider 2: 20/20
(A: 0 / C: 3) Ant Solider 3: 20/20
(A: 0 / C: 3) Ant Solider 4: 20/20
(A: 0 / C: 3) Ant Solider 5: 20/20

Edited by Calrex

Watching her blue clad exploring partner take all the aggro she couldn't help but think that no matter how you take it it was a way too flashy version of that skill. She missed her friend, Tyger's version of Howl, where the ginger would elegantly take up all the aggro simply by hitting her tower shield with her weapon.. or in extreme cases actually roar like a wild feline. Now, the blonde had a conflicted state, being happy and sad in the same time as she remembered her now missing friend. This could be seen in her expression as she hears Cal's shout. She responds with an unconvincing "OK" as she goes towards the mob once again. But the mob moved to attack Cal in the last second, making the blonde completely miss her hit. This wasn't good, she was starting to let long passed memories get in the way of her battle. With a faint voice she muttered: "Easier said than done"  

ID: 26228  BD: 5 (2+3acc) (Light Momentum Activated)  MD#1: 6 (8-2eva)  LD: 16

ID: 26229  MD#2: 5  MD#3: 2

ID: 26230  MD#4: 5  MD#5: 3

HP List

Calrex: 87/93(-1)

Enemies:
(A: 1 / C: 3) Ant Soldier 1: 5/20 (-1 Thorns)

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

ID: 26236
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Disguise +1) = 6
Loot Dice: 12 (Search and Detect +2) = 14 (No Loot Found)
<<Disguise>> Activated (+1 to user's BD / -1 to enemy's BD for one turn)

"Guess that thing was just a little too fast."

As the ant repelled by his armor's Thorns ability Calrex quickly used his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly move forward. However, before he was able to strike the monster it landed and prepared to strike again, "Shoot...guess I've got to use this..."

Quickly tossing his blade forward it blocked the creature's vision for a second, more than enough time for Calrex to trigger his <<Disguise>> skill as he stepped to the side. As he stepped back into the creature's field of view his appearance shifted. His armor seemed to vanish for as a dark brown-haired young man emerged in Calrex's place. This time he had chosen to take on the appearance of Arekkusu, with the Grand Maelstrom morphing into the Phoenix Wing Blade as it rotated in the air. Quickly grasping it he quickly slashed through the ant before the creature dissipated into shards. Flicking the blade into a hammer grip Calrex gave a sigh as the illusion began to fade almost as quickly as it had manifested, "Well, it scored a hit at least."

HP List

Calrex: 87/93 (Disguise Recharge: 12/12 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:
(A: 0 / C: 4) Ant Soldier 1: -2/20

Edited by Calrex
  • 1 month later...

OCC: sorry for the inactivity, lets finish this already:)) in any case I'm planning on calling quits after we beat the ants. Is that OK with you?

As soon as Cal finished the mob Ariel nodded and directed her attention towards the next one. With the same motion she instantly charged towards the mob, leaving it no time to retaliate...or even see her coming. She stabbed it dead center in its chest before it went in a rage and attacked Cal who got their agrro. A second mob managed to scrape his armor as well, once again lowering Cal's HP by a mere couple of HPs. 'This is dragging on too long' she thought as she stepped back in order to let Calrex make his move.

ID: 32811  BD: 10 (nat)  MD#2: 9

ID: 32812  MD#3: 3  MD#4: 9

ID: 32813  MD#5: 5

HP List

Calrex: 85/93(-2)

Enemies:
(A: 1 / C: 4) Ant Soldier 1: -2/20
(A: 0 / C: 3) Ant Solider 2: 4/20 (-16)(12 crit+4charge)

OOC: Sounds good to me XD

ID: 32822
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3) = 5
<<Parry Activated>> (Half Damage Until Next Turn)

As Ariel began her attack on the next ant Calrex quickly attempted to follow up her strike with one of his own. Unfortunately, as he got into striking range the flinching animation of the ant moved it just out of range of his sword as he felt it cut through air, "Shoot, only inches off..."

Quickly leaping back he flicked his Grand Maelstrom into the defensive twirl of his <<Parry>> skill as he readied for any incoming attacks, "Ariel, get started on the next ant. I'll finish this one off. We're probably taking more time that needed if we're dealing with these things one at a time."

"By the time we finish this fight it's likely someone would have already explored the floor boss area. Even with that last fight, combined we've used up a lot of time."

HP List
Calrex: 85/93 (Disguise Recharge: 11/12 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:
(A: 1 / C: 4) Ant Soldier 1: -2/20
(A: 0 / C: 3) Ant Solider 2: 4/20
(A: 0 / C: 3) Ant Solider 3: 20/20
(A: 0 / C: 3) Ant Solider 4: 20/20
(A: 0 / C: 3) Ant Solider 5: 20/20

Edited by Calrex