[OP-F1] Hunting for MATS...and boars. COMPLETE

Xion was moping around the town of beginnings, he had practically nothing to do, he didn't have enough col to go shopping, he wasn't strong enough to even dream of challenging anybody to a duel, there truly was nothing to do. Xion let out a sigh and ran his hands through his hair, thinking, he did this for about a minute before an idea came to him: Grinding. He could go out and hunt some boars, they're relatively easy to kill (assuming Xion can actually hit the bloody things), they're not rare, and they drop decent amounts of col. 

Xion mused over this idea, checking his stats, he was weak, that was for sure, but he had grown a little stronger than he was in his early days of SAO. "Welp might as well" Xion said to himself, before walking out into the plains of floor 1, looking for some boars to kill. 'but' he thought 'I would still rather have someone helping...in the even that things go pear-shaped'. Xion then decided that he would spend some time searching for both boars and, hopefully another player, and if he didn't find the latter, then hunting alone it was. 

lvl: 15

Item: Embargo

Item Type: Shield

Enchantments: +1 Thorn, 1 safeguard,

Item: Diplomacy

Type: Gaunlets

Enchaments: 1 unarm dmg 1 thorn

Item: Deflective Gauntlets (Heavy Armor)

Enchantment: +3 Mit

Lvl: 15

HP: 33

Dmg: 2

LD: 2

block: 1

thorn: 2

Safeguard: 1

mit 3

Klick was roaming around the town of beginnings looking around at the different stores. "If only I could have this level of business, but there so much competition for cooking," he complain to his self in English. After getting his filling of hating successful shops, Klick sat down on a bench and pulled out his notebook. On it was a list of mats he wanted to retrieve from the floor for a new dish he was itching to make. The list was writting in Japanese and he read them quietly to his self out loud to pratice his speech, losing awareness of everything around him. he paused in the middle of the list, remember his last fight. It would take him forever to obtain this mats if he got into a fight. Sure he could take on the mobs, but it would take forever because he could never hit anything. He sigh and continued reading his list.

Xion realized that if he was looking for players, then the plains was the wrong place to be looking, so he decided to go back into the town of beginnings and see if there were any players left in there. 

He looked for a good five minutes before noticing someone, who was sitting on a bench, reading a textbook out loud in what sounded to Xion like japanese, but he wasn't exactly sure. With a deep breath Xion approached the player. "Hey..." he said, unable to finish his sentence as an overwhelming feeling of embarrassment ad suddenly replaced the calm feeling that he had a mere 10 seconds ago.  

Klick looked up too see some a player greeting him. Klick closed his book and returned the greeting, "Hey?" It was very awkward for some random player to just walk up to him. He wondered what the player wanted but he was too scared to start a conversation on account of his bad Japanese. So he went back to his book and pulled out a pencil and acted as if he was writing, but in reality he was preparing to write his response on paper. This way when the player asks him a question, he could write it down and respond.

Xion already felt awkward, but the player's equally awkward response, and then his...rather weird thing with the notebook and a pencil made the situation even more awkward. Nevertheless Xion tried to salvage the situation, "Hey... I was wondering, if you're not busy would you want to go hunting? I'm pretty low level so I tend to have trouble, but you seem to be a much higher level" Xion said, scratching his head and letting out an embarrassed chuckle. 

Wandering around the town of beginnings, Nel was fed up of trying to find his friends, maybe they had tried to find him and headed off hunting? He hoped they weren't dead already. Although slightly lost in pondering he could hear the unmistakable sound of someone complaining, In English! It was odd to hear his native tongue spoken in SAO, everything had been Japanese so far, it must be another player. Looking around for the source he spotted a boy sat on a bench reading a text book and another speaking to him. Walking over to them, Nel waited for an a good time to speak.

“Ermm, Hi,†He began in English, feeling good to use it for the first time in ages, “I didn’t realize there were any other English speakers around here, My name’s Nelkeatye, a pleasure.â€

He had heard the request about hunting and it intrigued him, Nel still hadn’t managed to get out of the town yet. “D-do you… Mind if I tag along?†he asked nervously, “I haven’t managed to get out yet and could do with some leveling.â€

Klick smiled, he did not need a to think to translate what Xion said. Infact, it was already in his vocabulary. He stood up and held out his hand. "I'm Klick, Hunting is fun." Then out of nowhere some random guy appeared. It would have been awkward but this was different. The guy was speaking english. Klick laughed and responded in english, "Well i try not to speak it too much. I really want to learn japanese." Then he walked forward to the street. "I dont mind helping out lowbies. After all, we all want to stay alive right?" responded Klick in english as he looked up to the sky before turning around and giving a thumbs up. Then he froze, forgetting to switch to japanese. He took out his book and wrote down what he just said in Japanese only to repeat it for Xion. "Please... only speak Japanese, or else... cant learn"

Xion laughed, he could speak both languages, it was a useful skill to have in SAO. "My name is Xion" he said to Klick in Japanese, as per his request, and then switched back to English to address the newcomer. "Hey...who are you? My name's Xion..."

The boy with the text book had introduced himself as Klick, Nel ignored the comment about being a 'lowbie', what was ti with people's insistence that being a low level was something to be pointed out all the time? Never mind, hunting seemed like a good thing to do to blow off soem steam and get the hand of combat here in SAO.

"Yeah, I guess we do, so what did you have in mind? I've not actually left this place yet as I was waiting for my friends," he replied back to Kilick, in almost fluent Japanese, "Japanese is no problem for me."

Nel turned to the one who had just introduced themselves as Xion, and gave a short bow, "My name is Nelkeatye," he replied, again in Japanese, "a pleasure to make both your acquaintances"

Klick watched as the two guys both spoke to him. Klick, for the most part understood Xion, but Nelkeatye spoke a mouth full. Klick had that blank stare as if he was brain dead. Which he kind of was. However he knew that everyone wanted to go hunting so he would try and press that issue hoping it was the correct answer. "Strong mobs easy... but you two have little HP... Up to you," responded Klick. Then he pointed out a map and placed his hand on field. "This place has good mats wanna go?"

Xion nodded "Boars are easy, and there are enough of them to get some good MATS. We have to be careful, Nel is even weaker than me so I say either you or me take the aggro...most likely you Klick" Xion said, before checking his stats, he had 15 health, and did a base damage of 2, with those stats he could take on some decently strong boars, but Nel must have had less than 10 health... if he ended up taking aggro, he might die. Xion shook off the thought, in theory only Klick or Xion would be taking aggro. 

He then turned to Nel "If you ever need help in combat tell one of us, we're both higher level than you and can take a few hits if need be..." he said, smiling as he tried to appear friendly. The player reminded Xion of his earliest days in SAO, sure he was only a little stronger now, but those few levels can make a big difference. 

The two players had both suggested killing boar for loot, why not? He had to make a living somehow in Aincrad and if wanted to make the frontline he had best learn how to fight in the game. Bringing up his game menus and character icon, Nel checked his stats.

"Yeah, hunting Boars sounds fun," replying to their request, "this will be my first time fighting in the game, though I am a fencer back home."

Nel straightened himself out and checked his Estoc, it was the perfect length and weight for him, another strange nuance of the game.

"Weapon seems fine, let's go?"

Tristan was roaming the fields for no particular reason other than to follow the usual code he did, to help players out in their troubles. This ranged from helping them kill bosses to clearing bosses for the lowest levels, much like Lessa did for him all those months ago. The plains were mostly barren, aside from a triplet of players who were talking from what could be heard about boars and the like. He smiled and thought he would tag along to this, going to help them out.

His Devastator spear holstered on his back, Breastplate of the Iron Lord black plated armour worn and Twinfire Reflector shield also on his back, a 6ft 3 man with long red hair and facial scars looked like someone had just invited a warlord into a fight. His disposition was almost a polar opposite, a gentle smile and a small wave as he quietly said "Why hello there. I heard you needed an aggro. Well you have Tristan, the aggro-tank, fallen right onto your doorstep. That is if you want to travel with me...". He wanted to check that they wanted to go with him, as it was rude to join a party without asking.

Klick looked at the time and realize he was late. He took a bow apologizing for not being able to stay and left the area. Time was getting too short and he really needed to return to his shop for the new sale he was having. Hopefully he would return to help people but today was not that day. With that he was off.

Xion bid farewell to Klick, before turning to greet the newcomer. From the voice that he heard he had expected someone tall... but not the 6 foot giant that stood before him, his red hair made him look like some angry fire god, ready to smite the mere mortals that stood before him. 

Xion gulped, a little nervous, this new player looked like he was an extremely high level, maybe one of the front line tanks? Xion thought why would someone like that want to help a group of low level players? Xion decided to not question it, never look a gift horse in the mouth was a saying that applied quite a bit in Aincrad. 

"Ummm...hello... my name is Xion... and I would love it if you could join us, if you don't mind having to deal with low level players that is" 

Tristan found his surprise somewhat using, clearly taken aback by his appearance that could intimidate people. He chuckled and nodded, saying "Don't worry, I'm not going to use you as a mop. I am here to help. I resolved a long time ago that I would try and help as many people as I could in this death game, so as to avoid unnecessary deaths.". He held out a hand to shake which was offered to any who wanted to, then said "Tristan Delaney, one of the top tanks in Sword Art Online. You can count on me to keep you alive. If you need help with quests I can do that too.".

Xion nodded in agreement as Tristan talked "That is a noble cause... one that all players should strive to achieve.." Xion said, before looking up att he giant of a man once more. "So you're one of the best tanks in the game...I've considered going down the tank line for a while, but I am torn betweena  light armour build and full tank" Xion said, attempting to strike up a conversation with the man, and as he did he reverted to his usual nervous habit of playing with his hair subconsciously. 

Tristan stood silent as he listened to the person talk while they fumbled their hair. Having listened to how they wondered on how to go, he said "Well that really depends on what role you want to fill. That can range from being a full blown damage absorber, to somewhere in the middle like a bruisher, to a glass cannon that maximises on damage. Each has their usefulness and dangers, such as glass cannons being difficult solo but great in parties. So long as you know what to go for and stick to it, you should be fine." He said with a smile. "Generally tankier builds go for heavy armor while lighter opponents go for well...light armor."

Xion smiled as he listened to Tristan go through the different roles. "I was thinking all out tank, but I'm a bit small for a tank" Xion replied with a chuckle. "Anyway, is there anything in particular that you would like to hunt? I've only been hunting boars up until now, something stronger would be nice" Xion said, before looking back at Tristan.  

"And...how can you even hold that lance in one hand? It's easily large enough to be classed as a two handed weapon..." Xion said, admiring Tristan's gear. 

Tristan could only chuckle and have a visual of Calrex in front of him as he thought. "Size doesn't matter at all for tanking. Calrex is a high level player with crazy mitigation, yet is much smaller than me.". When inquired on how to proceed for the rest of their journey, he said "I dont have any particular plans, no. Though I'll happily fight whatever you want to. Just don't be too reckless." He said with a chuckle.

Tristan glanced over to his Devastator spear and thought, then said "Videogame logic. A lot of things would he impossible otherwise." He gave a small laugh as he spoke.