SP - F8 Giant Forest Materials (10th Day of Hunting/Gathering)

Calrex opened his eyes as he appeared in the eighth floor settlement of Florenthia's teleportation plaza, giving a small sigh of relief as he exited out into the town. "Alright, today is another material gathering trip. I've got a couple of people to focus on this time, so it should be as bad. However I think there was some kind of patch or something, so now materials are going to be more sparse than before, so I can't go grabbing a bunch at once. Great..."

Swiping on his menu he was this time not fully engulfed in the full body armor of the Grand Chariot, this time opting for the more barebones gear of the Grand Dragoon. At the same time he equipped the Grand Blade, Amethyst Charm, and Ocean's Defense, although now that he had grandmastered his armor the last item was for the bonus to his scavenging abilities.

"I really wish there was a high level merchant around right now. I want to put this to better use, but now that I've maxed out my armor skill half of it doesn't work anymore."

"Alright Roc, we've got work to do. Come on out."

In a flash of light the blue peregrine falcon appeared and began hovering overhead, "Let's not waste time and get to scavenging."

Edited by Calrex

ID: 25687
Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 13

Out of the gate it seemed like item searching was going to be fairly difficult, especially with the fact that the items within the landscape were much more sparse than in previous trips that Calrex had gone on. After spending a few minutes looking around the immediate area outside of Florenthia, he and Roc were unable to find anything that might be currently suitable for usage as materials.

"Oh boy...this is going to be rough. I'll see how it goes and how much I can get, but if it turns out to be a very slow day I might need to seek out some kind of temporary search enhancement like Ssendom's chocolate bars to give me a hand."

Total: 0
Danger Level: 0/3

Edited by Calrex

ID: 25688
Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1)

"Still nothing so far. These materials are certainly harder to spot in the landscape compared to before. I wonder if this is part of the update. It's certainly going to make my unofficial profession more difficult."

After searching for another series of minutes Calrex and Roc were still unable to turn up anything useful as materials. Dusting off his hands Calrex gave a small sigh as he scratched the back of his head, "Am I just looking in the wrong area. This is certainly turning up unfruitful at the moment. Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. This is my first time gathering on this floor, so I haven't had a chance to get acquainted with the area, and without a enhancement it's harder to break up the area into zones."

Edited by Calrex

ID: 25986
Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 6

"Even less luck in this area. This is definitely not going as well as I had hoped."

Upon arriving in a new "zone," Calrex and Roc continued their search for materials. However, it seemed that there were even less objects amongst the trees that would potentially serve as useful materials and still zero that could be harvested immediately. Dusting off his hands once again Calrex gave a small sigh before crossing his arms, "Not good at all. I wonder if I might have more luck taking on monsters in this area than searching for materials out of combat."

Edited by Calrex