SP - F4 Soul Of The Beast <<Essence of Steel>> (Forging A New Weapon) (Completed)

Upon exiting Snowfrost Town yet again Calrex gave a small sigh as he swiped on his menu, "So...this is the third time doing this quest..."

Roc appeared overhead in a flash of light, beginning to hover over him as the Grand Chariot, Amethyst Charm, and Grand Blade appeared on him. "I guess this time at least I'll actually be putting these items to use. Since Oikawa's still busy at his forge, and I didn't really want to go bugging Meo or any of the other blacksmith shops about this, I might as well do it myself."

He gave a small smirk under his full-face helmet as he continued to make his way back to the cavern containing the Snow Beast, "I guess in a way I'm making my own weapon. Let's just hope it actually is as useful as the Grand Blade and the Grand Maelstrom. One for maximum possible damage, one that is anti-evasion...so maybe I'll make this one a mix of anti-evasion and anti-defense. It's too bad I can't switch between them in mid-combat to suit the occasion."

Entering the cavern Calrex looked around to see that the interior had changed from before. Rather than having the beast there from the get go, there was a skull lying in the center, a piece of bone resting next to it. "Well, this is certainly new. I guess I need to hit it."

Reaching down and picking up the bone he promptly struck the skull with it, seeing as the two items vanished as a roar erupted from outside the cave, "Alright, game time. Roc, come on out."

His blue peregrine falcon familiar appeared in a flash of light, ready to aid him in battle.

ID: 25483

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10

Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +2) = 2

Unlike the previous encounters with the beast Calrex looked as the creature entered the cave, giving yet another roar as it spotted the player, giving a few beats of its chest before rushing forward, its claws shooting forward to try and slash at him. As the attacks came Calrex was able to easily roll to the side, dodging the attacks while the beast landed where he was originally standing.

"I'm already familiar with this creature's attack patterns, so all I need to keep an eye out for are new AI strategies that the system might have implemented."

Quickly recovering from his roll he used his <<Sprint>> ability to dash back in, drawing the Grand Blade in a single motion as he cut across the beast's back, continuing his momentum so that he could keep moving, "Now to maintain the pressure."

HP List

Calrex: 93/93

Enemies:

Snow Beast: 91/100

ID: 25483

Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +2) = 8 (+2 Damage) (Thorns Activation)

Immediately following his previous attack Calrex immediately rushed back in, delivering a quick strike across the beast's back once again, flipping over the creature so that he could try and get an eye on some weak points to attack. However, as he did so the beast immediately rushed forward, unleashing a furious flurry of blows which seemed to slam into him. However, each strike was partially deflected to the side by the resistant metal of the Grand Chariot. In addition to that the armor's Thorns ability activated, knocking the creature back with the repulsive force of the chains exploding.

Quickly springing to his feet Calrex gave a quick breath before flicking the Grand Blade into a reverse grip, preparing to continue his assault.

HP List

Calrex: 90/93 (+7 Mitigation) (3 Partial Phasing Damage)

Enemies:

Snow Beast: 81/100 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 25689

Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +2) = 3

Using his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly accelerate Calrex gave a calming breath as the light blue glow of his sword skill engulfed the Grand Blade while his free hand was surrounded by the yellow light of his <<Martial Arts>> skill as he unleashed a blinding series of passing slashes and hook punches while maneuvering around the beast. streaks of blue ripped through the air, remaining for a second before turning into an image of a chain. Pausing for a second as Calrex turned it appeared that the creature was bound up before he whirled around, unleashing one last straight punch, the chains shattering at the same time while the beast was sent reeling back.

His attack complete Calrex gave a quick exhale as he moved back into a fighting stance as he flicked his sword into a reverse grip, "Alright, that was a great critical strike. If I can get a few more of those in this battle will go fairly quickly."

HP List

Calrex: 90/93

Enemies:

Snow Beast: 70/100

ID: 25700

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8

Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +2) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

Rushing forward once again Calrex twirled the Grand Blade into a hammer grip as he closed the distance to the beast. As he got about half of the original distance he used the <<Sprint>> skill to accelerate, becoming a blur as he delivered a fierce cut across the creature's arm before turning to face it.

At the same time the beast gave a roar from receiving yet another strike from Calrex as it unleashed a barrage of punches, each of which was deflected to the side by either his sword of <<Martial Arts>> aided punched. However, after they ended the beast quickly changed its tactic, thrusting a hand forward, successfully grabbing Calrex before hurling him towards a wall.

Quickly performing a partial backflip he managed to meet the wall with his feet first, easily cushioning the impact before flipping forwards, landing on the ground as he rushed forward again, "That was a new tactic. I don't remember it trying to grab me often in the past, I'd best be careful not to be caught unawares by that new strategy."

HP List

Calrex: 87/93 (+7 Mitigation) (3 Partial Phasing Damage)

Enemies:

Snow Beast: 60/100 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 25475

Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)

Dashing forward to attack once again Calrex kept his eyes focused on the beast as the creature shot an arm out once again in a similar fashion to before, aiming to [censored] him off the ground to attack. However, he saw the attack coming this time and quickly leapt upwards, landing on the creature's arm while continuing his rush.

Quickly slashing left and right as he made his way up the beast's arm Calrex leapt towards the monster's head as he reached the shoulder, piercing it in the side of the face with the Grand Blade before quickly extracting it and leaping off, sliding a few feet before ending his attack, "Another critical hit. That's good. If I keep up the pressure it shouldn't have time to actually move around and attempt the stalactite climbing trick it used before."

HP List

Calrex: 87/93

Enemies:

Snow Beast: 50/100

ID: 25803

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +2) = 0

As Calrex prepared to rush in once again he stopped as he began to have a new idea form in his head, "That strategy I was thinking...I wonder if this would be a good time to test it. Of course I'll need to be much stronger first, but it would be a good test."

Looking at the beast he quickly leaned to the side as the creature's claw missed by mere inches, the momentum carrying the beast past Calrex as it turned, gripping the ground to try and quickly turn. At the same time Calrex began swiping on his menu, giving a small sigh, "This is the third time I'm fighting you, and every time I decided to use a sword while you have used your bare fists. Maybe I should respond in kind."

Pressing a few items the Grand Blade vanished as it was replaced by a pair of deep-sea blue gauntlets. It was a piece of old equipment that Calrex had not equipped in quite some time, not since his inner conflict with his cold persona. The weapons iconic of his <<Martial Arts>> skill, the Grand Gauntlets.

Slamming his fists together for the first in quite some time he gave a small smirk underneath his helmet before going into his fighting stance, ready to fight.

HP List

Enemies:

Snow Beast: 50/100

ID: 25804

The beast gave yet another roar as it seemed to respond to Calrex's change in weapon, clenching both of its hands into fists as it leapt forward, grasping one in the other as it brought its body down behind its fists in a hammer strike. As the attack hit the ground a cloud of snow rose up, as if masking Calrex from view for a second.

However, as the cloud cleared Calrex became visible once again, a few paces in front of where the strike landed. During the time the attack was coming down he had used his <<Sprint>> ability to accelerate forward. Dashing once again he quickly leapt up, bringing his right arm low. The light blue aura chains of his <<Martial Arts>> ability appeared, although not as condensed as they usually were during a critical strike. As they spun rapidly he shot his arm upwards in an dragon uppercut motion, slamming his fist into the beast's chin, causing its head to snap back.

Quickly kicking off the creature's chest he landed back on the ground, keeping his stance low, as if ready to rush in once again. "Gotta work out the rustiness from using Martial Arts in tandem with my sword skill."

HP List

Enemies:

Snow Beast: 43/100

ID: 25831

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +2) = 5

Rushing forward once again Calrex quickly weaved in and out of the beast's attacks as they crashed into the ground beside him each time, barely missing him as he moved out of the way of each strike moments before they made contact. As a sixth strike came he brought up his arm, knocking the blow to the side as he executed a solid block reinforced by his <<Martial Arts>> skill, the chains serving to aid him by spiraling around, the rotational force deflecting the rest of the attack.

Using his <<Sprint>> ability once again Calrex stopped his movement to the right of the creature before winding up his attack. Stepping across with his right foot he quickly rotated his body around in a circle as he pushed off the ground, activating his <<Acrobatics>> skill to leap up higher than he normally could in the real world, closing in on the beast's head once again. As he got into striking range Calrex quickly came around, his right leg chambered as he whipped it forward in a crescent kick motion. The blow slammed into the beast's cheek, knocking its head to the side as Calrex completed his jump arc, landing on the other side. Even though the jump was exaggerated, the tornado kick was more than enough to send the beast reeling once again.

HP List

Enemies:

Snow Beast: 36/100

ID: 25833

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3 / Disguise +1) = 8

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +2 / Disguise -1) = 5

After finishing his attack Calrex quickly turned to see that the beast had quickly recovered and set its eyes on him again, bringing its hand forward as it attempted to grab him once again. Gritting his teeth his mind quickly went through the various techniques, both in and out of game, that he knew, quickly finding the quickest solution. "Alright, here we go..."

The hand blocked Calrex for a second from the beast's view, but that short period of time was more than enough for him to activate his <<Disguise>> skill. Surprised for a second the beast's hand slowed in movement long enough that Calrex, now taking on Ssendom's appearance, leapt over as he kicked off the creature's wrist, leaping up and dealing yet another powerful punch to the creature's face. Landing back on the ground he gave a calming breath, "Geezes, Ssendom is certainly in ridiculous shape, but it just would look weird on me, heh. Guess that giant two handed sword he wields really matches him."

The illusion quickly faded as Calrex slammed his fists together once again, preparing to continue his attack.

HP List

Calrex: 87/93 (Disguise Recharge: 12/12 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:

Snow Beast: 29/100

ID: 25854

Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +2) = 1

As the last remaining pixels of the <<Disguise>> skill vanished Calrex rushed forward once again, the beast giving a roar as it unleashed an attack it had used in past battles, the rapid barrage of strikes similar to what Calrex used when he was using solely his <<Martial Arts>> skill in battle. However, with the time he had spent since then his skill usage had improved as he gave a calming breath, "I know how it works, so I also know how to counter it..."

As the flurry of attacks came e brought his arms up, elbows out as his fists were pointed inwards at around a 45 degree angle. Each strike came forward and seemed to slow as his eyes tracked each strike, raising the respective arm enough to cause the attack to bounce or slide off his arm, deflecting each blow to the side harmlessly. Unable to get a strike in on Calrex the beast ceased its attack, but right when that happened Calrex immediately responded, using his <<Sprint>> ability to close the distance as he used his speed to execute a Heaven Six strike, although scaled to match the creature's size. Leaping up onto the creature's left shoulder he punched twice to the creature's head, flipping over to the opposite shoulder and punching three times to the opposite side. Finishing the strike combo he flipped over to the starting side, delivering a powerful double punch before leaping off.

"This is certainly going quicker than I thought. I guess this is what it's like for attack and damage per second builds to fight. Guess I should be glad I somehow ended up in the middle."

HP List

Calrex: 87/93 (Disguise Recharge: 11/12 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:

Snow Beast: 21/100

ID: 25929

As the battle continued on it was clear to tell it was coming close to the end as the beast began to go into a berserk frenzy, its arms almost like tornados as it flung its fists in almost random motions, hoping to score a hit on Calrex. However, due to the enraged flailing attacks it required not much effort at all to avoid the strikes, since they were extremely telegraphed.

"I always say that letting your emotions get the better of you is not good in combat. This is a perfect example. Whoever thought it was a good idea obviously never fought against a refined combatant...of course I can't really say my particular fighting style is considered that at all."

Sliding underneath yet another strike as it flew overhead Calrex quickly closed the distance before shooting upwards, delivering yet another dragon uppercut to the beast's chin, knocking it off balance as it stumbled backwards. Landing on the ground he gave a calming breath, "Guess it's high time I ended this."

HP List

Calrex: 87/93 (Disguise Recharge: 10/12 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:

Snow Beast: 14/100

ID: 25395

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +2) = 8 (+2 Damage) (Thorns Activation)

Giving a calming breath Calrex went on the offensive as he rushed forward. However, at the same time the beast brought its arm down in a hammer strike, right on top of Calrex. He quickly slid to a stop as he brought his arms up in an X guard, blocking the strike from crashing down on him. Some of the momentum behind the strike still forced him slightly downwards, the ground beneath him giving some way.

At the same time the Thorns ability of the Grand Chariot activated, forming around Calrex's forearms before exploding and knocking the arm back upwards. Using the opening he quickly rushed forward and covered the rest of the distance, leaping up and delivering a fierce spinning hook kick to the beast's face before leaping off, sliding back before performing a quick back handspring, landing about twenty paces away.

"Only a sliver of health left. One more punch should end this."

HP List

Calrex: 84/93 (+7 Mitigation) (3 Partial Phasing Damage) (Disguise Recharge: 9/12 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:

Snow Beast: 6/100 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 25947

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +2) = 0

Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +2) = 16

Focusing on the beast Calrex calmly began to walk towards the enraged creature. As he did so the creature locked its eyes on him and began to shoot its fists at him in a mad frenzy. Seeing the attacks Calrex gave a calming sigh, continuing his stride without moving an inch. Maintaining his posture the fists fell to his sides, trying to predict a evasive path should he decide to dodge.

"So that was the trick it used. The AI tried to use predictive algorithms to determine where I would dodge and have the creature strike towards those areas. No wonder I had so many close calls when advancing."

"Heh, guess I've pretty much got your strategy all figured out. I have to say, that partial phasing ability is certainly useful, but in the end if you couldn't hit me there was no way for you to gain the upper hand. I've been there before."

Clenching his right fist as he continued moving the light blue aura chains formed around it and began spiraling like crazy. At the same time it seemed like Calrex was holding his fist back, like an ignited rocket being held in place. The beast gave a loud bellow as it sent its fist forward. With the distance towards him getting closer Calrex quickly planted his stance as he shot his own fist forward, the two limbs colliding.

There was a pause before the beast vanished in a series of crystals. Lowering his arm Calrex gave a small sigh before reviewing the loot he had gained from the battle.

Loot List

1 Material

1 Beast Soul

Bonus Loot: 500 col (Mob Health 100 * 5 = 500)

HP List

Calrex: 84/93 (Disguise Recharge: 8/12 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:

Snow Beast: -2/100

ID: 25950

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10 (Disregarded Due to Weapon Change)

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +2) = -1

After adding the loot to his inventory Calrex gave a small sigh as he put a hand behind his head, "Alright, that's done, meaning I've got two of the Beast Souls now. That means I need to find an uncommon item with the starting enhancement I need, or I need to do this quest one more time. I'd rather not have a blacksmith forge the starting weapon this time. Let's see what I can..."

Hearing a noise come from the mouth of the cave he turned to face the origin, his eyes lighting up with the <<Reveal>> skill as he swiped on his menu. The Grand Gauntlets vanished as the Grand Blade reappeared, "Looks like a wolf with a icy blue and white coat. Guess it was drawn here by the sounds of the battle. Alright then, let's see if I have some luck then."

The wolf rushed forward and attempted to latch its mouth onto Calrex, but immediately hit the wall of the cave as he stepped to the side, the creature turning to face its foe while shaking its head. Calrex slid his right foot back as he rested his hand on the handle of the Grand Blade, giving a calming breath, "Let's try and make this quick."

HP List

Calrex: 84/93 (Disguise Recharge: 7/12 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:

Frost Wolf: 54/54

ID: 25951

Immediately rushing forward Calrex drew the Grand Blade, the sword alight with a light blue hue as he became a blur of movement. Activating his <<Sprint>> skill he quickly closed the distance to the wolf before slashing across the length of the creature, leaving a long blue cut in the air before it shifted to a light blue chain afterimage. The wolf let out a howl as it turned to face him, leaping forward in an attempt to slash at his armor. However, each strike fell short of the mark as Calrex weaved to the side, leaping back before kicking off the wall to get behind the creature.

"The Amethyst Charm is certainly coming in handy. I'm surprised as how accurate my strikes are compared to without it. Working alongside Roc is one thing, but combining both effects together is another story altogether."

HP List

Calrex: 84/93 (Disguise Recharge: 6/12 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:

Frost Wolf: 44/54

ID: 25952

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10 (Disregarded Due to Equipment Change)

"Hm...if I'm looking to get an item from this creature I'd best increase my chances. It's too bad I don't have one of Reu's fish or Ssendom's chocolate bars right now. Oh well, I guess it can't be helped."

Swiping on his menu Calrex began to open his inventory when the wolf tried to attack once again. Seeing the attack coming he quickly leapt out of the way, continuing to press on his menu until the Grand Chariot vanished from his character, returning back to his casual combat clothing. At the same time the Ocean's Defense necklace appeared, the small blue glass orb hanging just above the center of his chest. Giving a calming breath Calrex prepared to continue the fight.

"I don't need something strong, just uncommon rank is more than enough."

HP List

Calrex: 84/93 (Disguise Recharge: 5/12 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:

Frost Wolf: 44/54

ID: 25953

As the wolf rushed at him once again Calrex flicked the Grand Blade into a reverse grip, batting away the creature's swipes before stepping forward, delivering a punch with his sword arm, the handle of his sword serving as a makeshift brass knuckle as it crashed into the wolf, sending it flying back. While it traveled through the air he quickly used his <<Sprint>> ability to dash after it, delivering yet another full-length slash as he passed by.

Quickly turning to keep his eyes on the enemy Calrex twirled his sword into a hammer grip, bringing it across his body before holding it in a horizontal position parallel to his shoulders, the tip trained on the wolf, "I think I might need to start frequenting the higher floors. The creatures on these floors seem to pose no challenge to me at all anymore, at least unless I need to fight a large group of them. However, single creatures like these are almost too easy now."

Shaking his head Calrex focused once again, "No, I shouldn't let myself get into that mindset, especially with the floor raid coming up soon. I can always learn new things and improve, even against weaker opponents. The moment I think that I can't get any stronger is the moment I start falling behind."

HP List

Calrex: 84/93 (Disguise Recharge: 4/12 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:

Frost Wolf: 34/54

ID: 25954

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7

Dodging yet another rapid series of swipes from the wolf Calrex gave a calming breath before seeing the creature leap forward, its jaws open wide to try and latch onto a limb. Quickly sliding so that he was standing perpendicular to the creature's leaping path he quickly brought the Grand Blade upwards, cutting the creature vertically as it passed by.

Its attack failed the wolf slid a few feet before turning to face Calrex, baring its teeth as it gave a low growl. At the same time Calrex focused as he continued to observe the wolf's attack patterns and behavior. "I guess these creatures operate different from when they are in a pack. In fact I have not seen this wolf try the circling pattern usually utilized by the lower floor wolves. It seems to fight more directly, charging close to how a boar attacks. Maybe that's because it's a different version of the enemy, even though its the same animal type."

HP List

Calrex: 84/93 (Disguise Recharge: 3/12 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:

Frost Wolf: 25/54

ID: 25955

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +2) = -1

As the battle continued to rage on Calrex and the wolf faced each other and paused for a few seconds before rushing at the same time, aiming to strike the other with powerful force. However, as both got into striking range of each other the frozen ground beneath caused them to lose their grip, putting both into an uncontrolled slide across the surface. Calrex managed to quickly perform a handspring to help disperse the momentum , landing on his feet.

The wolf, on the other hand, did not have such luck. As it to gain a stable footing the ice continued to cause its paws to slide. The only thing that stopped the wolf's momentum was the opposite wall as it crashed into it, quickly turning around to face Calrex.

"Heh, I guess I forgot that there were ice patches in this cave. Best be careful to not lose my footing at a bad time."

HP List

Calrex: 84/93 (Disguise Recharge: 2/12 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:

Frost Wolf: 25/54